AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-04-12, 17:56   Link #1
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Ryukage
[Manga/Character Discussion] The Swordsman

So the 'Swordsman' I am referring to is Suigetsu!

[I can't put his name in my title..]

I realllllly like Suigetsu. He seems so cool. And powerful. But at the same time I find it hard to trust him. Why provoke those captives to tell the world about Sasuke?

I think he has a hidden motive..

But also I am glad he is using Zabuza's sword. I missed that thing =] And the way his arm hulked out. I hope it's just his arms that can do that. I don't want a full on muscle transformation for his entire body. it'll look a bit like Tiger Mizuki in that awful filler arc. Just one arm or two would make him look weird and more of an EXPERIMENT which adds class to his character, considering he was enslaved by Orochimaru.

So let's discuss the magical wonders of Suigetsu

=]
Ryukage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 18:21   Link #2
Kyu410
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryukage View Post
So the 'Swordsman' I am referring to is Suigetsu!

[I can't put his name in my title..]

I realllllly like Suigetsu. He seems so cool. And powerful. But at the same time I find it hard to trust him. Why provoke those captives to tell the world about Sasuke?

I think he has a hidden motive..

But also I am glad he is using Zabuza's sword. I missed that thing =] And the way his arm hulked out. I hope it's just his arms that can do that. I don't want a full on muscle transformation for his entire body. it'll look a bit like Tiger Mizuki in that awful filler arc. Just one arm or two would make him look weird and more of an EXPERIMENT which adds class to his character, considering he was enslaved by Orochimaru.

So let's discuss the magical wonders of Suigetsu

=]
Well based on what we've seen of Suigetsu. I think he is just with Sasuke until his motive is fufilled. I believe he might be searching for another swordsman of the mist(Kisame) that can help him become stronger.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 18:33   Link #3
Sasuke_Bateman
No
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England
Will Suigetsu stab Jesus in the back? Maybe...do i like him? Hell yes, he's a funny fucker.
__________________
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 18:41   Link #4
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Ryukage
Ha yeah he is funny. Makes me laugh how he got pissed off at Karin. "Hey I'm talkin to y--" *Turns around* "That bitch..."

Ha his shinobi senses can detect like oncoming enemies but not when Karin and Sasuke walk off from him lol
Ryukage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 13:00   Link #5
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere
hah,
this post is not on suigetsu, but on his sword. What is it's special power?????? all that i have seen is that the handle comes out of the blade. A while back the thing looked freakishly big (zabuza arc) when zabuza wa pointing it at Gato. Anyone beleive that this sword has the ability to manipulate its size at the users will???
__________________
Bari_Phillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 15:44   Link #6
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
I agree with Bari Phililis.

I think the important question is....what is the name and powers of Zabuza's sword. Samahade is completly different from this one...and has his own NAME!.

Now...i am positive that all 7 Mist swordsmen have those Zanpaktou's
Spoiler for You know like these ones:

With each own powers ofcourse....

Perhaps Zabuza wasnt able to control it's powers...and Suigetsu will learn to do so.. But his teeth...and his Milkshake bottles...what's up with that?
__________________
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 14:00   Link #7
Kyu410
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
I agree with Bari Phililis.

I think the important question is....what is the name and powers of Zabuza's sword. Samahade is completly different from this one...and has his own NAME!.

Now...i am positive that all 7 Mist swordsmen have those Zanpaktou's
Spoiler for You know like these ones:

With each own powers ofcourse....

Perhaps Zabuza wasnt able to control it's powers...and Suigetsu will learn to do so.. But his teeth...and his Milkshake bottles...what's up with that?
What I thought about the bottles he has is that he needs to keep hydrated to maintain controlling the sword. I believe that Zabuza's blade absorbs the water in its host. In exchange it gives demonic speed and the ability to see through mist. I mean every Zanpakto has and advantage and disadvantage to it.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 12:04   Link #8
itachi29al
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: around
Suigetsu seem pretty cool, but whats so special about Zabuzas sword. My theory is that maybe it was what a allowed him to summon the mist but all that could just be a simple jutsu.
itachi29al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 18:57   Link #9
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
Suigetsu seem pretty cool, but whats so special about Zabuzas sword. My theory is that maybe it was what a allowed him to summon the mist but all that could just be a simple jutsu.
the mist, i beleive, was all Zabuza.

I like the theory about the water absorbtion but I do not think that is it. myself, but lets speculate

'granting demonic speed'- carrying the sword itself would get rid of that speed, I think-, but it is a possibility.

Also, the mist think could be probable as well. even though we haven't seen suigetsu fight, it could have happen, and zabuza was pretty awsome in that mist.

but on a different note, if the sword did absorb one's water supply, than they would be very insuficient due to dehydration, and zabuza was anything but insufficient.
__________________
Bari_Phillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 20:59   Link #10
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
I don't think the sword has any powers. It just seems like a big ass sword. If it had powers then it seems either Zabuza or Suigetsu would've said something about it and it would have a name like Samehada.

I believe that Suigetsu gets dehydrated quickly because his body might be nearly completely made up of water (he was kept in liquid form in Oro's lab) and he has to keep a large amount of water in his body at all times. Don't know what to think about that "hulk" transformation he did with his arm. However, that power may not just be limited to growing muscles, Suigetsu could have some shape-shifting abilites.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.