AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Old 2009-07-01, 08:33   Link #2201
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
God. This guy is full of shit. He just throws out a "everything in the liner notes is false" line to skirt responsibility to explain where the material in doubt ( which isnt everything in the liner notes, according to Gubaba himself ) came from and then goes on a rant on how people are turning against him and that people are stalking him on the internet.

Im waiting for the sockpuppets, I really am.
It's not much of a problem. The parts that are true are very obviously true (As as made-up example, "Ranka flying up in episode 2 and Alto's rescue of her is an homage to Hikaru rescuing Minmay" would be swomething that is true).

If we're talking about the homages, they'll all listed in the DVD liner notes. I'll get to them for my Macross Translation Project when I reach Frontier, but if someone else wants to do them first, that'd be great.

Me, I've spent too much time on interviews and Frontier stuff, and it's time to get back to the SDF Macross novelization and "Dreaming Prelude~My Fair Minmay."

Thanks to everyone for their support, especially bishopcruz (who did more than half of the investigating) and especially magnuskn and Cheesie, who smoothed the way considerably for me.

Y'all are awesome.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 13:51   Link #2202
stray
aniki

Send a message via AIM to stray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
And to think Spanish actually came in handy on a Macross forum...

I feel useless...

- Tak
Don't worry Takky (and magnus for that matter), I'm sure soon we'll need someone who knows German in this bitch too.

I posted this on MW and wanted to reiterate here...

I was going to say something along these lines before, but if it wasn't for all of us being a multilingual, global community, just how long could this bullshit have been kept up? I mean it was a pretty damn good line, he did have access to legitimate sources that at the time not many people really had, they just happened to be padded with a bunch of excess shit. And the partial scans that were going around verified at least part of what he was writing was true.

Personally, I was pulling for him throwing his "Japanese girlfriend" under the bus as his source and to explain all the inconsistencies, but alas, he didn't go that route. Regardless, and bad jokes aside, now we all know better, especially the Spanish fans who in all reality could have had the wool pulled over their eyes for alot longer.
Old 2009-07-01, 16:11   Link #2203
Tak
Banned

So now we have a mysterious Japanese girlfriend in question?

Sound off!

I DON'T KNOW BUT I'VE BEEN TOLD~

SHALOOM IS SO FULL OF SHIT~

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 16:34   Link #2204
stray
aniki

Send a message via AIM to stray
Quote:
So now we have a mysterious Japanese girlfriend in question?

lol... well he's tried to pull every other sympathy card, why not blame it on a woman.

I hope I didn't give him any ideas, though...
Old 2009-07-01, 22:01   Link #2205
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Please, don't give the poor guy any more fodder for his own demise, will ya? He's pretty much done as it is...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 22:02   Link #2206
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
And to think Spanish actually came in handy on a Macross forum...

I feel useless...

- Tak
You only feel useless because you're too lazy to put your Japanese to use.
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 22:14   Link #2207
Tak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
You only feel useless because you're too lazy to put your Japanese to use.
I am still bitter about how Cheesie tricked me into translating episode 20 in its entirety. So I will refrain from any actual... urm, usage, unless *I* deem it important.

- Tak
Old 2009-07-25, 13:02   Link #2208
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

This is pretty off-topic, but I don't know where else to put it.

After the whole Ohnogi fiasco, Shaloom (he of the false liner notes) was removed as an admin of the Macross Generation website. Recently, he came back, got rid of the other admins, and put some new people in their place.

They say they want to regain trust, and that Shaloom has already apologized and given an explanation ("It was all a mistake"). By PM, I pointed out to Wanderer_D (a new admin) one place (out of many) where Shaloom clearly lied, and he responded that he wasn't going to waste time looking into it. Shaloom had said it was a mistake, and that was good enough. Life goes on.

I hope everyone finds this answer as unsatisfying as I do, and I hope all of us will be ready when the next onslaught of "errors" comes our way.
Old 2009-07-25, 13:31   Link #2209
Tak
Banned

Huh? I don't get this, you are telling me that he came back, and actually removed some of the admins on the website while installing his own?

How did we allow this to slip?

- Tak
Old 2009-07-25, 13:49   Link #2210
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Huh? I don't get this, you are telling me that he came back, and actually removed some of the admins on the website while installing his own?

How did we allow this to slip?

- Tak
Yeah, it happened a week and a half ago. I missed it because I wasn't looking at the right threads. Finally, I noticed that the "Elephant in the Room" thread had been locked, and started looking around at some of the others.

So, yes: Iker and Bauhaus45 (I never talked to Bau, but Iker seemed pretty concerned about getting MG's reputation back up) have been removed, unfortunately. A bunch of the members seem pretty upset about these recent shenanigans, others are crying "Yay! Shaloom's back!" I foresee a schism, unfortunately.

Anyway, since it seems the mods there don't want to act in a responsible way, I believe that the best way for forward for us at AS is to leave them to run their sinking ship in peace, but treat any information coming out of there with extreme suspicion (unless Shaloom suddenly decides to show his sources, of course. I *suppose* it's possible he's turned over a new leaf...).

Just my two cents, of course.
Old 2009-07-25, 14:15   Link #2211
Tak
Banned

So does Shaloom actually own the website itself?

Because if he does, then it is plausible why his actions go unchallenged.

- Tak
Old 2009-07-25, 14:23   Link #2212
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
So does Shaloom actually own the website itself?

Because if he does, then it is plausible why his actions go unchallenged.

- Tak
Yeah, he started the website, and he pays the bills.

But I would not say his actions are unchallenged. A good number of the members there (unsurprisingly, most of them were the people I talked to most frequently over there) are pretty upset about the whole thing, calling Shaloom a dictator and "god almighty" (in a sarcastic way, of course).

The website will implode on its own eventually. Especially if Shaloom hasn't learned his lesson about making shit up.
Old 2009-07-25, 14:35   Link #2213
Tak
Banned

I may be playing devil's advocate here, but I think its pretty funny how some admins of the website actually managed to strip Shaloom's admin rights away.

As if that is supposed to do anything.

Really now, because he owns the damn place. So I guess right now we will just allow that website to die, as you said. A shame really, should that happen.

- Tak
Old 2009-07-25, 20:48   Link #2214
magnuskn

Quote:
I may be playing devil's advocate here, but I think its pretty funny how some admins of the website actually managed to strip Shaloom's admin rights away.

Really now, because he owns the damn place. So I guess right now we will just allow that website to die, as you said. A shame really, should that happen.

- Tak
People will find new places if they are really passionate about Macross. Shaloom lost pretty much all credibility with what he did, but apparently some people just want to move along and forget about it. Like Peggy Noonan and torture, I guess. ( at the very end of the clip, but well worth your time to watch it completely ).

The thing which bugs me most about the whole deal? I wrote it already in an email to Gubaba, Ill take the liberty of repeating it here.

The thing that most bugs me about the fake liner notes? Not that we now have horrifically mixed knowledge, with some kernels of truth being hidden in a whole mess of falsehood. Not that some very good stories ( like the one with Max and Milia and the picture in the helmet ) have been proven to be just fanfiction.
No, the one thing that bugs me the most is that Shaloom inserted horribly personal life stories of Kawamori, Ohnogi and Risa Ebata, and those were just his inventions. I can live with fanfiction about, y'know, fictional characters, but writing your own fanfiction about how Ohnogi met his wife and how Kawamori helped them to get together is just WRONG. And creepy.
Old 2009-07-26, 14:00   Link #2215
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:

- Tak
Yeah, they probably should have done something more like what Jarudin did over a Boxtorrents...taking everything and moving it all to another site.
Old 2009-07-26, 18:55   Link #2216
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Now, that was class. THEY MOVED EVERYTHING in the middle of the night and left the site with a simple note.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 04:40   Link #2217
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Now, that was class. THEY MOVED EVERYTHING in the middle of the night and left the site with a simple note.
Eh? Who did? What happened?
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 06:29   Link #2218
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
Eh? Who did? What happened?
Look at two posts above yours... Beto was talking about Boxtorrents.
Old 2009-07-27, 10:16   Link #2219
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Look at two posts above yours... Beto was talking about Boxtorrents.
Ah. The discussion was on Shaloom before so I thought Beto was saying the mods of MG moved all the forum posts to a new domain in the middle of the night and stuck a goodbye note in the main website. It sounded so epic I just had to double check.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 21:40   Link #2220
4Tran

Would everyone prefer it if I split out all of the Shaloom stuff into its own thread?

Tags
action, romance