AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Macross

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-07-20, 21:57   Link #2281
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Do we have a solid release date, yet?
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 02:49   Link #2282
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Nah... can't be too far off, however, if the second movie releases this year, right?
__________________
magnuskn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 05:47   Link #2283
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
I dunno. But I do remember stranger things, when it comes to stuff getting released on home video...
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 05:58   Link #2284
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The girl's bathroom
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Man, it has gotten quiet on this forum. I wonder if we should start a "Let's re-watch Macross Frontier together" thread in preparation for the DVD release of the movie?
You might be right there, mate.
__________________

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 04:26   Link #2285
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Man, it has gotten quiet on this forum. I wonder if we should start a "Let's re-watch Macross Frontier together" thread in preparation for the DVD release of the movie?
Actually, I think we should start a "Let's watch the previous Macross shows together" thread, since it seems like a good number of people here haven't seen them...or haven't seen them in a long, long while.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 04:30   Link #2286
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Actually, I think we should start a "Let's watch the previous Macross shows together" thread, since it seems like a good number of people here haven't seen them...or haven't seen them in a long, long while.
Well, I watched Macross 7 after Frontier, re-watched SDFM also after Frontier... but I am up for watching them again!
__________________
magnuskn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 10:43   Link #2287
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, I watched Macross 7 after Frontier, re-watched SDFM also after Frontier... but I am up for watching them again!
And *ahem* you've now got access the to the SDFM 2008 remaster (well, most of the series, anyway)...
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 10:57   Link #2288
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
And *ahem* you've now got access the to the SDFM 2008 remaster (well, most of the series, anyway)...
Did I mention I lost most of that when my HD went kaput? Well, good for you for reminding me - now I have something else to download.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 03:09   Link #2289
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Actually, I think we should start a "Let's watch the previous Macross shows together" thread, since it seems like a good number of people here haven't seen them...or haven't seen them in a long, long while.
I'd be up for that. Would it be an episode a week deal?
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 07:28   Link #2290
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
If we actually do this, I'm game. One or two a week would be ideal, for me - time constraints and all.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 03:21   Link #2291
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Sorry for my absence the last days. I'm game, when do we begin and with which episode? Do we get our own thread for that?
__________________
magnuskn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 03:34   Link #2292
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Sorry for my absence the last days. I'm game, when do we begin and with which episode? Do we get our own thread for that?
Yeah a new thread would be helpful, though first we must decide which show we're going to do first. I'm guessing SDF?
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 09:17   Link #2293
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
A new thread would be a must. And I'd go for SDF, myself. Let's go chronological...
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 05:29   Link #2294
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Let's go chronological...
I'm up for that. Just need to sort out a few things between the lot of us who plan to do this.

-How many episodes we plan to watch a week.
-On what day of the week should we watch them.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 15:07   Link #2295
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm up for that. Just need to sort out a few things between the lot of us who plan to do this.

-How many episodes we plan to watch a week.
-On what day of the week should we watch them.
Well, let's see: We need a reasonably large number of episodes to get through the series in an acceptable timeframe, yet not so much that people are turned off by the required time and/or so that there isn't too much to discuss.

That would leave us with two or three episodes per viewing. Opinions?

As to the day: Either weekends or in the week. Sunday would probably be the weekend day most people can spare some time. Alternatively, in the week, I'd propose Wednesday.
__________________
magnuskn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 23:20   Link #2296
Foreshadow
Nyaa~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 26
Oh! I'm in. I have yet to actually view through the original SDF Macross because of time restrictions, maybe this would force me to set some time aside for it.
I've only seen Do you remember Love?
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 01:17   Link #2297
kaoru83
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Hi ppl

Since some of you guys want to make a recap before movie comes out, maybe this blog will revive the fan inside you. it has some great essays and reflections for each chapter of M.Frontier.Made me remember crusader's blog from last year

Hope you like it and leave a comment
http://ghostlightning.wordpress.com/category/macross-2/
kaoru83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 11:48   Link #2298
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoru83 View Post
Hi ppl

Since some of you guys want to make a recap before movie comes out, maybe this blog will revive the fan inside you. it has some great essays and reflections for each chapter of M.Frontier.Made me remember crusader's blog from last year

Hope you like it and leave a comment
http://ghostlightning.wordpress.com/category/macross-2/
Well, bloody hell, why was nobody telling me that this was going on <wags finger at Ghostlightning>. I am always late to the party. I especially like the discussion in the comment section for the later part of the series, which get right to the crux why Ranka failed so much and Sheryl was such a good character.
__________________
magnuskn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 13:36   Link #2299
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I thought that everyone knew about it.

I don't think that the strength of the articles lie in promoting character or shipping preferences, nor is that their purpose. There's some really interesting Macross related topics in there that usually don't get addressed elsewhere but should, especially on the cultural front.

Let me know when you get around to rewatching MF.
__________________
Swampstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 14:20   Link #2300
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
I thought that everyone knew about it.

I don't think that the strength of the articles lie in promoting character or shipping preferences, nor is that their purpose. There's some really interesting Macross related topics in there that usually don't get addressed elsewhere but should, especially on the cultural front.
Well, I would have wished that Ghostlightning would have addressed the actual happenings in the episodes more in the summaries which veered off on more esoteric ( yet interesting! ) tangents. But it was a very interesting read nonetheless. The very long comments on the latter episodes very especially elucidating.

And how should I have known about them, if not from here? It's not as if such knowledge arrives per osmosis or somesuch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Let me know when you get around to rewatching MF.
Well, we are a bit stuck on the re-watching front, since nobody seems to be expressing much enthusiasm for organizing it. I will admit that I was really more hoping to re-watch Frontier, since my emotional connection to the other series is somewhat dulled by the passage of time and, y'know, having watched it so many times before. Hell, I got all excited reading the excellent comments in Ghostlightnings blogposts and spent about the last three or four hours reading through them. Of course it helps that they re-validate many of my own views of the show.

All in all, I am beginning to ask myself if we shouldn't simply do a re-watch of Macross Frontier. I have a feeling it'd get more enthusiasm that going for all of Macross canon. I could be projecting, of course.
__________________
magnuskn is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.