AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Macross

Notices

Old 2010-10-07, 19:28   Link #2401
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Hm, I guess I'll stay with THORA, even with the "Skull Squadron" bit. There are certain turn of phrases which I like more in their release.
As I said there are some definite differences. Plus some of the differences are due to mistranslations in the earlier versions(Like Operation C...). Having a native speaker's perspective can do wonders. I can't remember if THORA had any and remember liking their version. There were so many groups doing it at the time. And folks get used to the version they've seen. Our wording can be basic, but we try to make it click and be grammatically correct.
Old 2010-10-08, 04:58   Link #2402
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heibi View Post
As I said there are some definite differences. Plus some of the differences are due to mistranslations in the earlier versions(Like Operation C...). Having a native speaker's perspective can do wonders. I can't remember if THORA had any and remember liking their version. There were so many groups doing it at the time. And folks get used to the version they've seen. Our wording can be basic, but we try to make it click and be grammatically correct.
It wasn't meant as a reproach. I just like certain wordings better from what I've seen by THORA, your translation was totally fine.
Old 2010-10-08, 08:04   Link #2403
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
It wasn't meant as a reproach. I just like certain wordings better from what I've seen by THORA, your translation was totally fine.
No worries, I didn't take it that way.
Old 2010-10-08, 12:55   Link #2404
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Also, just wondering about the patches because from experience before I changed my computer, I remember them being .exe files. Is there a way to work them on a Mac?
You need to find an xdelta3.exe program that works on your MAC.
Old 2010-10-10, 05:55   Link #2405
moncikoma

is it true the ring that richard pillar wearing...(left)
is the same that mao nome earring used (right)

what is the meaning behind it?
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 05:59   Link #2406
magnuskn

Uh, no. Mao's earrings were passed on to Sheryl by her mother. Richard Bilrers ring has nothing to do with them.
Old 2010-10-10, 06:12   Link #2407
moncikoma

thank god...i cant imagine...if pilarr do the singing in the next movie using his special quartz ring....hhahaha...X3

but if the ring has the same power...maybe he can give it to clan.......

RESULTING : TRIO GIANT!... ZENTRATDI CLAN - SHERYL MACRONIZED - RANKA MACRONIZED
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 09:39   Link #2408
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

HOLY SHIT!!!!

On a whim, I looked up Satelite studio on Japanese Wikipedia, and I realized that not only is it pretty close to my home, and not only do I know exactly where it is, but I've actually walked past it several times!!!

Dare I stop and say hi the next time I'm up that way...?
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 10:13   Link #2409
magnuskn

Kick Kawamori in the shins for trolling us with the MF ending, willya?
Old 2010-10-12, 10:16   Link #2410
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Kick Kawamori in the shins for trolling us with the MF ending, willya?
If you'll pay for my legal bills, sure.
Old 2010-10-12, 11:04   Link #2411
magnuskn

Seriously now, in the very unlikely case you stumble upon the guy and don't just fall down babbling in awe, could you ask him if Ranka really was intended to be so, um, dependent on others ( going into that "Ranka as a deconstruction of moe" hypothesis of Crusader ). I know better than to have you ask "So what was the damn reason behind leaving the obviously lopsided romance open, anyway?", since neither would you ask the question nor would he answer it. In all probability. Which is not a tease for you to ask it anyway, yeah, that's the ticket...
Old 2010-10-12, 11:24   Link #2412
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Seriously now, in the very unlikely case you stumble upon the guy and don't just fall down babbling in awe, could you ask him if Ranka really was intended to be so, um, dependent on others ( going into that "Ranka as a deconstruction of moe" hypothesis of Crusader ). I know better than to have you ask "So what was the damn reason behind leaving the obviously lopsided romance open, anyway?", since neither would you ask the question nor would he answer it. In all probability. Which is not a tease for you to ask it anyway, yeah, that's the ticket...
You're giving my Japanese WAY more credit than it deserves if you think I could get into a conversation that complex with Kawamori.

When I met Tomo Sakurai a couple of months ago, all I ended up saying was, "Thank you. I'm a big fan." And when I had dinner with a couple of friends and Hidetaka Tenjin (who is credited with "mechanical art" in Macross Zero, Frontier, and the Frontier movie, and did the art for all the Hasegawa and recent Bandai model kit boxes), we were able to converse about a bunch of things...but only because his English is really good.
Old 2010-10-12, 11:27   Link #2413
magnuskn

Well, how do you function in Japan, then? Point and grunt?
Old 2010-10-12, 11:41   Link #2414
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Well, how do you function in Japan, then? Point and grunt?

My daily conversation is fine...but intricate conversations about plot choices and the "deconstruction of moe" don't usually crop up at supermarkets, coffee shops, and bars, or when talking to neighbors.
Old 2010-10-12, 12:00   Link #2415
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
I stop and say hi the next time I'm up that way...?
You need to go in and find out if they have a life size Klan PVC in there for me.
Old 2010-10-12, 12:53   Link #2416
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
My daily conversation is fine...but intricate conversations about plot choices and the "deconstruction of moe" don't usually crop up at supermarkets, coffee shops, and bars, or when talking to neighbors.
Ah, I know your pain, my first 1 1/2 - 2 years in Paraguay also had some major communication pains.
Old 2011-03-15, 04:08   Link #2417
magnuskn

I know this is a bit OT, but I am beginning to get majorly worried about our comrades who are currently in Japan, especially Yot-Chan. I hope you are well, buddy!
Old 2011-03-15, 10:27   Link #2418
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Doin' okay, Magnus. But thinking about taking a trip to Taipei for a week or so soon. Most of my housemates fled the country over the last day or two.

Thanks for asking.

In Macross news, there was a big thing planned for this coming Saturday which has been cancelled.
Old 2011-03-15, 10:43   Link #2419
Tak
DIN = DAS IST NORM!

My family & relatives are in Tokyo, so they are a little further from the incident. Not that Tokyo is faring all that much better, since traffic is pretty much dead in the immediate aftermath of the quake + tsunami. Food & water are difficult to come by in many places, followed by blackouts. Its not making anyone feel better when the news worsens everyday. Couple days ago, officials claimed that the coastal nuclear power plant can be contaminated, now the reactor just exploded and Goddess knows where the air will carry the radiation.

This all sounds like a bad joke.

Japan is orderly, organized and clean, then suddenly its entire coast was devoured by piss-water. Its like someone took a black marker and smeared all over an expensive paiting.

What the fuck?

- Tak

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.

Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 10:50   Link #2420
John117xCortana

Fiction has to make sense. Reality just happens.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance