AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-08, 09:39   Link #1
Sesshoumaru
Demon of the west

Problems with the DVD game.

I can't seem to get the game working. The instilation seems weird because even if I choose a full install at ~1500 mb it only takes a second and when I start the game I get a message with a number of random letters. Anyone else experienced this?

Last edited by xris; 2004-01-13 at 04:10.
Old 2004-01-13, 09:17   Link #2
Naruko
Master of Sexy-No-Jitsu

Send a message via ICQ to Naruko Send a message via AIM to Naruko Send a message via MSN to Naruko Send a message via Yahoo to Naruko
Lightbulb

what you might want to try is go into your regional language settings and then goto Advanced and set the Non-Unicode Language to japanese and then install the game after that you can set it back to english but when you play the game it will be in jibberish not japanese text. hope that helps.

PS. O a side note if the Language packs are not installed and they are probly not then you will need your windows disk to install them.
Old 2004-01-13, 09:25   Link #3
Sesshoumaru
Demon of the west

thx, gonna try that when I get home. I really want to try this game.
Old 2004-01-13, 14:42   Link #4
Doddler

Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
Check out kagami's guide to japanese games under windows XP. That should get you started.
Old 2004-01-14, 04:20   Link #5
Sesshoumaru
Demon of the west

Thanks!! I finally got the game working. Though I don't understand much of what he i thinking but I understand alot when I hear them speaking.
Old 2004-03-24, 08:10   Link #6
arashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesshoumaru
Thanks!! I finally got the game working. Though I don't understand much of what he i thinking but I understand alot when I hear them speaking.
i did all that stuff at that site and am still getting an error about dvd specs when i try to play... anyone know how to fix this?
Old 2004-03-24, 08:14   Link #7
Sesshoumaru
Demon of the west

Quote:
Originally Posted by arashi
i did all that stuff at that site and am still getting an error about dvd specs when i try to play... anyone know how to fix this?
Try again, look over all of your settings and see that they look exactly like they say in the guide. If you still can't get it working, I've got no idea of what the problem is. If you have some other japanese game, you could try that to see if that one works (with kana & kanji in the menus etc.).
Closed Thread