AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 14 17.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 19.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 36.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 15.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.22%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-04-17, 16:32   Link #241
Meophist
Tell me who I am.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Now that I've watched the episode again, I think I'll comment on it more.

First thing's first: I underestimated Teana. Really surprised me, and she's actually quite impressive. She still needs to improve her aim(she takes too long to shoot for any direct confrontation), but even now she has demonstrated the ability to be a good support mage. Let's see if she can go beyond that.

Nanoha: It's worrying. It really is. Don't think anything bad is going to happen until she really strains herself, but I think she will. Too much and… well, I won't be too surprised if she dies at the end.

As for the rest, we've already seen how Subaru fights, so there's no surprises there. Except the AMF blocking Subaru's attack was a little surprising to me. Elio isn't too different from what I've imagined, though he's a bit faster. Caro's… well, didn't expect the square circle. I'm still quite interested in seeing how she'll fight, we still haven't seen much.

Vita and Signum haven't changed one bit. I want to see Vita with Nanoha again, also want to see her with the new characters. Hopefully next episode.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 16:47   Link #242
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Caro's… well, didn't expect the square circle. I'm still quite interested in seeing how she'll fight, we still haven't seen much.
I think she won't exactly "fight" herself - seems much more like a support mage. Buffing others and casting binding spells (possibly some healing as well if needed) is what she is going to do, imo. Her little dragon is her direct attack
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 16:51   Link #243
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 29
Quote:
ive been reading a bit about this...but being oblivious to it all what are the hints of nanoha being ill and that RH is constantly taking her energy? O.o
They all come from information and tidbits from the manga version.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 16:53   Link #244
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
One possibility is that Nanoha might have suffered permemant damage to her Linker Core, perhaps causing her Linker Core to become weaker and weaker over the years, to the point where her natural magic regen rate is dangerously close to Raising Heart's constant drain.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 65,726 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 17:06   Link #245
Meophist
Tell me who I am.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I think she won't exactly "fight" herself - seems much more like a support mage. Buffing others and casting binding spells (possibly some healing as well if needed) is what she is going to do, imo. Her little dragon is her direct attack
It'll be nice to see all characters at least be able to fight independantly. When Teana gets her Cross Mirage, it'll look like she'll be able to. Hopefully, Caro is capable of it as well.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 17:07   Link #246
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
They all come from information and tidbits from the manga version.
ah that might be why i dont get it seens as ive havent been keeping up with the manga ~ but to confirm did it mention that RH has a constant drain on her cause its a new one on me O.o
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 17:11   Link #247
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
It'll be nice to see all characters at least be able to fight independantly. When Teana gets her Cross Mirage, it'll look like she'll be able to. Hopefully, Caro is capable of it as well.
Not necessarily needed imo. Never underestimate a support character - it can be of much greater value than the one leading the spearhead
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 17:32   Link #248
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ah that might be why i dont get it seens as ive havent been keeping up with the manga ~ but to confirm did it mention that RH has a constant drain on her cause its a new one on me O.o

It was apparently mentioned back in the Post A's manga chapter 1... Though with some translation errors, the reason is unconfirmed.

Personally, all this conspiracy theories of Nanoha going down hard is made up of 20% old stuff that happened 5-10 years ago, and 80% paranoia.

My bet is still on something non-related to the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woden View Post
Hmm... How do you say this without feeling like a complete idiot...

Nanoha strikes me as the kind of character who... shares. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nanoha in a serious relationship with any or all of the frequent pairings. Then again, I was just on the worst message board in the universe for two hours. My mind isn't exactly working normally.

*Hides*
Actually, I sort of see things you're way
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 17:36   Link #249
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Now that I've watched the episode again, I think I'll comment on it more.

First thing's first: I underestimated Teana. Really surprised me, and she's actually quite impressive. She still needs to improve her aim(she takes too long to shoot for any direct confrontation), but even now she has demonstrated the ability to be a good support mage. Let's see if she can go beyond that.

Nanoha: It's worrying. It really is. Don't think anything bad is going to happen until she really strains herself, but I think she will. Too much and… well, I won't be too surprised if she dies at the end.

As for the rest, we've already seen how Subaru fights, so there's no surprises there. Except the AMF blocking Subaru's attack was a little surprising to me. Elio isn't too different from what I've imagined, though he's a bit faster. Caro's… well, didn't expect the square circle. I'm still quite interested in seeing how she'll fight, we still haven't seen much.

Vita and Signum haven't changed one bit. I want to see Vita with Nanoha again, also want to see her with the new characters. Hopefully next episode.
And I thought I was being ominous. Look here: I hope Nanoha won't die. Like said previously they don't have the balls to kill her off. Why? N1: Fans would kill them; N2: What's the point in the series being called Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha if there's no Nanoha?; N3: I highly doubt they'll find someone able to knock Nanoha out of the screen forever, not with Hayate, Fate and the Wolkenritter hanging around her all the time like vultures. N4: Riot Force 6 would have an enormous weakness, it's members being morally crushed. There are far too many reasons to not kill Nanoha. It's true that her health is something to worry about and to not take lightly, but it's not so bad (still) to think about killing her off already. She's still quite young you know?
__________________
"You wanted to say that, but you didn't have enough common sense."
Fuyu no Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 17:41   Link #250
Meophist
Tell me who I am.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
And I thought I was being ominous. Look here: I hope Nanoha won't die. Like said previously they don't have the balls to kill her off. Why? N1: Fans would kill them; N2: What's the point in the series being called Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha if there's no Nanoha?; N3: I highly doubt they'll find someone able to knock Nanoha out of the screen forever, not with Hayate, Fate and the Wolkenritter hanging around her all the time like vultures. N4: Riot Force 6 would have an enormous weakness, it's members being morally crushed. There are far too many reasons to not kill Nanoha. It's true that her health is something to worry about and to not take lightly, but it's not so bad (still) to think about killing her off already. She's still quite young you know?
I was thinking of her dieing at the end of the show, not in the middle or anything…
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 17:46   Link #251
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
I was thinking of her dieing at the end of the show, not in the middle or anything…
It's still quite ominous to kill off the first main character, in the middle, the end or whenever .
__________________
"You wanted to say that, but you didn't have enough common sense."
Fuyu no Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 17:47   Link #252
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
I was thinking of her dieing at the end of the show, not in the middle or anything…

She's too precious to them to get kill off.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 17:51   Link #253
Meophist
Tell me who I am.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Not necessarily needed imo. Never underestimate a support character - it can be of much greater value than the one leading the spearhead
Like Shamal, you mean? I think one of the worst parts about A's was that you don't see her do much during combat.

Anyways, not exactly what I meant. I'm fine with support characters and everything, but I don't like when a character is useless when alone. Makes them seem kinda weak, having to rely on others during battle. On that other hand, a solo character being useless in groups is also something I dislike.

Specialization is good and everything, but I can't help but think "what are you going to do if you're alone?" when I see these characters. At the very least, I know that Teana's trying to become strong enough to be able battle alone, even if not well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
It's still quite ominous to kill off the first main character, in the middle, the end or whenever .
By definition, it'll be ominous to kill off any character, so I don't quite get the point of this sentence.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 17:54   Link #254
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Like Shamal, you mean? I think one of the worst parts about A's was that you don't see her do much during combat.

Anyways, not exactly what I meant. I'm fine with support characters and everything, but I don't like when a character is useless when alone. Makes them seem kinda weak, having to rely on others during battle. On that other hand, a solo character being useless in groups is also something I dislike.

Specialization is good and everything, but I can't help but think "what are you going to do if you're alone?" when I see these characters. At the very least, I know that Teana's trying to become strong enough to be able battle alone, even if not well.By definition, it'll be ominous to kill off any character, so I don't quite get the point of this sentence.
W/e you say Mr. In any case why are we talking about deaths instead of poking fun at characters like usual? Chaos2Frozen is good at that as well as others
__________________
"You wanted to say that, but you didn't have enough common sense."
Fuyu no Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 17:59   Link #255
Meophist
Tell me who I am.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
W/e you say Mr. In any case why are we talking about deaths instead of poking fun at characters like usual? Chaos2Frozen is good at that as well as others
I find talking about character deaths to be more interesting than the poking fun at characters you guys have been doing.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 18:04   Link #256
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
I find talking about character deaths to be more interesting than the poking fun at characters you guys have been doing.
Quite a dark theme don't you think?
__________________
"You wanted to say that, but you didn't have enough common sense."
Fuyu no Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 18:12   Link #257
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
W/e you say Mr. In any case why are we talking about deaths instead of poking fun at characters like usual? Chaos2Frozen is good at that as well as others

I'm... "type-casted".

Wow... I-I... Don't know how to feel...

In any case, I was not poking fun, but rather expresssing my views on how certain scenes should have been done...

...Should this have been "Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Fumoffu-F "

Heh.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist
I find talking about character deaths to be more interesting than the poking fun at characters you guys have been doing
It's 3 episodes into the series and you're already placing bets?

Edit: But okay, base on the information from the last two episodes, we have:

1, comment of concern from Fate.
1, comment of determination from Vita.

These are the two information that would relatively have any hint to a character's death.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 18:22   Link #258
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
In any case I give up trying to convince people to not start announcing deaths. Oh and Chaos: It was a compliment. I really liked your scenarios
__________________
"You wanted to say that, but you didn't have enough common sense."
Fuyu no Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 18:23   Link #259
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well with the reputation of this series that neither heros or villans die then i bet that nanoha will be fine in the end ~ even if in between she is take out of action for a bit i can bet that she will be back in no time to starlight breaker someone :3 but on the other hand i wouldnt mind seeing the title being read : "mahou shoujo lyrical fate strikers"
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 18:44   Link #260
Meophist
Tell me who I am.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's 3 episodes into the series and you're already placing bets?
Why not? Better sooner than later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Edit: But okay, base on the information from the last two episodes, we have:

1, comment of concern from Fate.
1, comment of determination from Vita.

These are the two information that would relatively have any hint to a character's death.
A few more hints: the ED, the OP, Subaru, Vita's "flashback" in the manga, and how Nanoha hasn't done anything strenuous yet. There's also the flashback/opener in the first episode.

As for other character deaths, I can actually see Caro and Erio dying, although I don't think they will. Not Erio anyways.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.