AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-15, 08:34   Link #1
Sefveron

Mai Hime movie and my claim that it was simply abandoned and not a fake

well this may have been already discussed , but i just joined and i want my 2 cents :P

I looked at a closed thread about the movie and it lay claimed to the movie being a fake but how can it be fake when Nina and Arika were in Mai Hime?

Confused? or do you know what im talking about?

p.s.

This may not be the right place to ask but can someone point in the direction of the Mai Hime and Otome mangas

Thank you
Old 2007-04-15, 08:38   Link #2
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Arika and Nina are only some foreshadowing cameo in MH.

there are too many inconsistencies (plot and time-wise) and hints that the movie was a fake.
the thread already explained everything about that
Old 2007-04-15, 08:43   Link #3
Sefveron

well the only proof ive seen of it as a fake was the 20006 fall thing about the calenders.

And if you watch the last few seconds of episode 26 Arika appears behind Mai,Mikoto and Natsuki as they walk away also in the ending theme and when Mai introduces herself to the class for the first time you see Nina but she never says anything or actually appears other than that

*edit*

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...t=26526&page=3

looking at this thread again i really dont see much say on why its fake other than imaginary being in the title

Last edited by Sefveron; 2007-04-15 at 09:16.
Old 2007-04-15, 21:12   Link #4
Sakuya
*Artist

Wouldn't imaginary mean it's not real? And if it's called that by Sunrise, then we can take it as such? It's very common for them to re-use character designs because they have this thing called the Character Star System. Most of the MH character designs were from other series although I cannot say off the top of my head which is from which.

But I do know that Rena from MO was from Cyber Formula.
Old 2007-04-16, 05:15   Link #5
Sefveron

yeah i know there are alot of characters in Otome that were in Hime but Arika only shows up in the final seconds of the Mai Hime series which was probably meant as a small clue for the movie since she was apparently a new transfer student

If someone can tell me how to get screenshots out of a dvd playing on my dvd drive ill be glad to show some kind of reference shot
Old 2007-04-16, 05:51   Link #6
Question
Crossdresser

Use the print screen button?
Old 2007-04-16, 07:30   Link #7
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

Arika's guest appearance was a clue for Otome rather than for the movie.
Old 2007-04-16, 13:46   Link #8
Sefveron

Quote:
Use the print screen button?
Well if it were that easy i wouldnt ask... everytime i try that i come up with a blank black screenshot aswell as this if i look at the black screenshot while playing a video file the screenshot turns into that video file from ever i last paused it

Quote:
Arika's guest appearance was a clue for Otome rather than for the movie.
Otome is set in a timeline several hundred years in the future , i dont see how that can be a clue for Otome when its clearly a clue for the movie where the trailer shows her as a new student.

Thinking about it some more it would make greater sense if Arika appeared in Hime because then it would make even more sense to the story as to why everyone was reincarnated in the future on another planet.

It may also shed some light to what the star in Otome is , could it be the Hime star which was brought back by Arika was somehow cleansed of evil? actually no... it glows red in Otome when activated... but the Moon does look awfully like OL doesnt it? also the mark that appears on Arika also appears on the computer in the old crystal dome on the display briefly after miyu tells everyone that they are no longer bound by contract then it turns into the Hime mark

Food for thought , now if i only could take screenshots then i could post screens of these ley seconds that most people overlook , hopefully the Otome Zwei series will clear up these ningling questions
Old 2007-04-16, 14:08   Link #9
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

As we were trying to say : the appearance of Arika and Nina are just some TEASER, some cameo which is only for fan. it wasn't done for some cheap and impossible link between MH and MO. (as for nina, since it was very early, it may be the opposite way : they created her design only as a classmate, and decided to use that for MO)

how can you consider that trailer as a "canonic abandonned project"?
i mean... the plot twist is sure completely insane :
-return of the Hime star (that thing alone would be the biggest mistake for MH. the story already got destroyed with the helluva desu ex machina end, it will simply add the insult to the injury)
-Arika, being a fake Hime (which would be hardly possible, considering how far the Searrs Corp were involved with Alicia)
Not to mention that she was clearly portrayed as "evil" (kinda aggressive, mocking, etc)
-Most of the "movie" trailer was recycled animations, with awful cheap "new features"
-The Calender pattern didn't make sense at all
-the Release date "mistake"was too big to consider it as a typo or anything

you are just twisting the homages and cameos with the fantasies of the fans about a link between the series etc.

And EVEN if it was "real", they would at least ANNOUNCE it as a future project, or as a dropout / on hiatus. but no, it is even not registered as held project.

deal with it : this was a joke from Sunrise (hopefully, may i say)
Old 2007-04-16, 20:24   Link #10
Sefveron

Quote:
As we were trying to say : the appearance of Arika and Nina are just some TEASER, some cameo which is only for fan. it wasn't done for some cheap and impossible link between MH and MO. (as for nina, since it was very early, it may be the opposite way : they created her design only as a classmate, and decided to use that for MO)

how can you consider that trailer as a "canonic abandonned project"?
i mean... the plot twist is sure completely insane :
-return of the Hime star (that thing alone would be the biggest mistake for MH. the story already got destroyed with the helluva desu ex machina end, it will simply add the insult to the injury)
-Arika, being a fake Hime (which would be hardly possible, considering how far the Searrs Corp were involved with Alicia)
Not to mention that she was clearly portrayed as "evil" (kinda aggressive, mocking, etc)
-Most of the "movie" trailer was recycled animations, with awful cheap "new features"
-The Calender pattern didn't make sense at all
-the Release date "mistake"was too big to consider it as a typo or anything
Why do i get the feeling your thinking that Otome was created before Hime? the appearance of Arika in the final seconds of Hime couldnt possibly be a cameo put in for fans because that Episode was created before Otome was even a project!

Arika was probably originally suppose to be Evil, And in The Mai Hime series Searrs was never properly concluded they sort of just paid their respects to OL and dissappeared, and We cant assume Arika is a Hime her mark is different from the Hime's and i will also add that Searrs did make alot of tries at creating a Hime they probably got more than one out of it.

Thinking into that more Searrs was probably expecting another hime Carnival in 300 years since they were interested in an golden Era but with the Hime star destroyed id think that would warrant them enough reason to stir up S**t again

And you call the movie trailer recycled animation but its clearly of a higher quality than the original Hime series and also in a wide screen formatt if youd like to prove your claim then go ahead. Ive recently watched the Mai Hime series again and all the animation in the trailer is unique

The Calender joke along with the Date could probably be considered irrelevent to this trailer since it wasnt actually talking about the trailers release date but of calenders

One more thing Mashiro and Nagi where did they go? and why didnt Mashiro die along with the Hime star? youd think that was what was keeping her alive
Old 2007-04-17, 05:02   Link #11
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefveron View Post
Why do i get the feeling your thinking that Otome was created before Hime? the appearance of Arika in the final seconds of Hime couldnt possibly be a cameo put in for fans because that Episode was created before Otome was even a project!
i don't know why you got that feeling, but this is the complete opposite :
it would be hardly believable that Mai Otome would be in project only after Mai Hime is done, considering the small gap between the 2 broadcast (March 2005 and October 2005).
What i meant was : nothing would prevent them producing Mai Otome, while Mai Hime was airing. thus, how is it impossible for them to include a clue for the future season at the "very end of the serie"?

also, i would like to have your source about : Mai Otome wasn't even a project at the end of Mai Hime serie, considering that Sunrise stated they were going nuts with "mai hime franchise",

Quote:
Arika was probably originally suppose to be Evil, And in The Mai Hime series Searrs was never properly concluded they sort of just paid their respects to OL and dissappeared, and We cant assume Arika is a Hime her mark is different from the Hime's and i will also add that Searrs did make alot of tries at creating a Hime they probably got more than one out of it.
heh? well, according her personality and traits in the trailer and MO series, this isn't the case : she is the same, except when she is shown as a "villain". (that's my previous argument : the sudden contrast doesn't make sense)
As for her mark, this is the same as a fake hime mark, the Searrs one.
It would be unlikely for the Searrs corp to have created another hime (which in this case, would be created before alyssa, if we take their respective age into account), while they bet everything on alyssa (Miyu, Satellite Artemis01 Child, etc)

Also, they clearly said they would wait 300 years. (it would be stupid if they couldn't send their second fake hime, since they still have the time for this. thus, proving they didn't have any available solution right way, except waiting for the next festival)
Quote:
Thinking into that more Searrs was probably expecting another hime Carnival in 300 years since they were interested in an golden Era but with the Hime star destroyed id think that would warrant them enough reason to stir up S**t again
that's doesn't make sense at all, since they want the power of the star.
without the star, the purpose of this game doesn't make any sense to them, since their objective has vanished.
Quote:
And you call the movie trailer recycled animation but its clearly of a higher quality than the original Hime series and also in a wide screen formatt if youd like to prove your claim then go ahead. Ive recently watched the Mai Hime series again and all the animation in the trailer is unique
higher compared to what? TV series?
As i could watch on the R2 DVD (French one, by Beez), the trailer has exactly the same quality and size of the DVD series.
There are new features, but the beginning and the end were dumb recycled usual hime animation (the dumbest was of course midori sortie with Gakutenou, leaving the waterfall : plain rip from the original one)

Quote:
The Calender joke along with the Date could probably be considered irrelevent to this trailer since it wasnt actually talking about the trailers release date but of calenders
here is the hint then : why would they put that joke (and also the comic scene between both mikoto) just after the trailer?
Also, the Date was intended for the "movie", due the big "Nationwide" in red below of it. (it would be hardly conventionnal to even state that thing for plain calenders)

Finally, the biggest hint about this doubtful trailer credibility is its prime source : it was given as an omake in the first DVD of Mai otome.
read again : OMAKE.
That would be clear enough if it was really a solid project or not.

*sigh* if you sitll think that "project" was real and serious, be my guest.
but frankly, the clues and flaws of that trailer, the lack of any sunrise responses about the comments, and no announced of any future date/drop out claim just let think the complete opposite quite easely.

Quote:
One more thing Mashiro and Nagi where did they go? and why didnt Mashiro die along with the Hime star? youd think that was what was keeping her alive
No one knows, it is an open end as usual (or probably a plot hole)
Old 2007-04-18, 07:03   Link #12
Sefveron

Quote:
heh? well, according her personality and traits in the trailer and MO series, this isn't the case : she is the same, except when she is shown as a "villain". (that's my previous argument : the sudden contrast doesn't make sense)
As for her mark, this is the same as a fake hime mark, the Searrs one.
It would be unlikely for the Searrs corp to have created another hime (which in this case, would be created before alyssa, if we take their respective age into account), while they bet everything on alyssa (Miyu, Satellite Artemis01 Child, etc)

Also, they clearly said they would wait 300 years. (it would be stupid if they couldn't send their second fake hime, since they still have the time for this. thus, proving they didn't have any available solution right way, except waiting for the next festival)
Personality traits? they were pretty much the same except she was playing on the other team ,when she was shown as a villain the shaking of her Ass while saying "puri puri puri" then ending with a bang and making a childish face is exactrly how Arika normally acts!

They said they would wait 300 years , but thats before the Hime star is detroyed and OL being blown to hell ,with such a unforseeable outcome which would destroy the centuries of work the Searrs family have put into the Hime festival i think they would have to pull something out of their ass. Also the time period between Artermis being destroyed and the end of OL isnt a very large one maybe 2 weeks at the most which is a good amount of time to arrange new leadership of Searrs , think about it a little, then send in another army

Quote:
that's doesn't make sense at all, since they want the power of the star.
without the star, the purpose of this game doesn't make any sense to them, since their objective has vanished.
Searrs have been watching every Hime festival that has ever come to pass, the destruction of the Hime star would indeed make the entire existence of Searrs no longer necessary, A huge rich and powerful organisation does not go down without a whimper they will put in everything they have into a last attempt

Quote:
higher compared to what? TV series?
As i could watch on the R2 DVD (French one, by Beez), the trailer has exactly the same quality and size of the DVD series.
There are new features, but the beginning and the end were dumb recycled usual hime animation (the dumbest was of course midori sortie with Gakutenou, leaving the waterfall : plain rip from the original one)
what the beginning of the trailer showing a reel of bits and pieces of the series? that was suppose to be like that! if you didnt know what was said ill quote it "On the grounds of Fuuka where the thirteen maidens had gathered, where they fought their FINAL battle, or supposed to be..." that was not suppose to be intended as footage of the movie.

OK im watching it not saw the reel of the original series , now theres Arika standing in front of the moon thats new, Arika is introducing herself to the class thats new, Arika chasing after Mikoto on Mai's Back, Panty shot of Arika's behind as the mark appears thats new, Nao dying in the forest in Mikoto's arms thats new, Nagi in front of the moon thats in the series but it quickly changes to a shot of Natsuki holding that psycho lesbian chick that loves her which is new, Alyssa being surrounded by armed soldiers then you see a familiar Otome and Arika doing her little dance which is new, explosions in front of Fuuka Gakuen at night then Miyu jumping off the motorcycle to what appear to be slaves apart from the slaves its new because slaves werent in Hime you could say that scene was from Otome if you want i dont feel like checking that out, two large objects colliding in behind the bridge thats new, ok now the next 3 scenes are from Mai Hime and time to take a break

-5 minutes later-

OK the scene where Mai's in space is new she's wearing a red scarf and theres alot of satellites around, kagutsuchi going boom which isnt really new but its not like kagutsuchi can do it any other way and theres no sword in his jaw and it shows him at a different angle from the one where OL's being blown up , satellites blowing up while alyssa is glowing and riding on miyus shoulder is new, now Arika has got her big double ended crystal sword which isnt new but shes wearing a school uniform which is.

Now really apart from those 3 scenes in the middle theres alot of new footage , and when they used past footage it wasnt really done as some sort of joke youll find alot of trailers are made in a similar manner for all kinds of movies all in all i thought is was properly made.

here is the hint then : why would they put that joke (and also the comic scene between both mikoto) just after the trailer?
Also, the Date was intended for the "movie", due the big "Nationwide" in red below of it. (it would be hardly conventionnal to even state that thing for plain calenders)

Quote:
Finally, the biggest hint about this doubtful trailer credibility is its prime source : it was given as an omake in the first DVD of Mai otome.
read again : OMAKE.
That would be clear enough if it was really a solid project or not.

*sigh* if you sitll think that "project" was real and serious, be my guest.
but frankly, the clues and flaws of that trailer, the lack of any sunrise responses about the comments, and no announced of any future date/drop out claim just let think the complete opposite quite easely.
Mikoto's big adventure probably would make a funny spinoff and the calender part clearly states "20006 Fall: Nationwide sale of thirteen HIME Kuri calendars Preorder now" which is not about the movie at all which now makes me think you didnt watch it with a translation , And Anime merchandise such as calendars sells pretty well i think advertising it which produce more sales and thus make sunrise more money

Also in the Dvd that was apparently trailer 1.5 im yet to get ahold of trailer 1.0 so its a work in progress
Old 2007-04-18, 19:26   Link #13
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

It was a gag.

That's all it was.

If it was a sidelined or abandoned project it probably would've turned up during Bigbang Project, yet absolutely NOTHING like it has surfaced.
Old 2007-04-18, 23:18   Link #14
DevNull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefveron View Post
Well if it were that easy i wouldnt ask... everytime i try that i come up with a blank black screenshot aswell as this if i look at the black screenshot while playing a video file the screenshot turns into that video file from ever i last paused it
I may be wrong but using the printscreen button for screenshots of dvd playback doesn't work because the printscreen button doesn't read directx graphic output. Which is why you get a black screenshot that way. Try a graphics program that can take screenshots such as theGIMP. It is free and I've used it for dvd screenshots. I'm running Linux instead of Windows but there is a windows version of theGIMP on their site also.
Old 2007-04-25, 01:48   Link #15
AceMan
Observer

Send a message via ICQ to AceMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
it would be hardly believable that Mai Otome would be in project only after Mai Hime is done, considering the small gap between the 2 broadcast (March 2005 and October 2005).
What i meant was : nothing would prevent them producing Mai Otome, while Mai Hime was airing.
If I remember correctly, they planned to make something similar to MO in the first place, but then decided to abandon this project for a while and make MH instead. Later on, they picked it up again, rewrote and that's how MO was born

I remember it was discussed somewhere in this forum (probably in the image thread), but I don't have time to search for it right now.

I have some pictures of first sketches made for first planned serie.
I can post them if you want.

As for fake movie trailer, Sefveron - it's a joke, if you want it or not.
Old 2007-04-25, 03:18   Link #16
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The best thing about this argument is that, wether it was abandoned or a joke, it all comes down to the same thing: There won't be a Mai Hime movie.

I mean, even I fail to see the point in this discusion, and seeing how I love discussions... that's saying a lot.
Old 2007-04-26, 18:13   Link #17
Fukiri
Lazy ass

Send a message via MSN to Fukiri
Seconded. This topic was discussed millions of times, we came all to the same conclusion. No one but Sunrise can say for sure if there's going to be a sequel or a movie. We have the hope that they pull one like they did to Otome saying that Nina's seiyuu wouldn't participate in MO, etc, etc. Though I doubt it because Sunrise seems to be, unfortunately, more interested in MO than in MH. The facts are: 1- Sunrise loves to pull some unexpected stunts on fans (in this case one that wasn't funny at all because the only thing they achieved was making fans angry); 2- No matter what one can argue, the trailer was full of jokes and puns that clearly showed that it is a fake; 3- If there is the possibility of a movie the only thing we can do is wait. Either that or complain to Sunrise but that implies knowing Japanese and having a great persuasive power like Gandhi's.

So for now is: the trailer was a fake, there is no movie, there is no sequel until proven otherwise by Sunrise, therefore no use trying to argue the opposite.
Old 2007-05-03, 22:41   Link #18
FET-Kun

Sefveron, it was a fake trailer made to tease and confuse fans like yourself.

In regaurds to your comment of MO not being in production until AFTER MH...you don't seem to understand how production works with anime. While we were watching the last half of HiME, several episodes of MO were already animated. Though the time it takes to animate an anime has dropped considerably from the old days, they aren't making this stuff on the fly. Animes we'll see in 2008 are in production right now being animated as we speak.

But anyway, point is it was fake. Sorry to crush your dreams of a MH movie. God knows I'd LOVE a MH movie.
Old 2007-05-25, 14:10   Link #19
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

If the Mai Hime movie were real, you'd think there'd be at least a raw version of it out right now but that isn't the case. I think it was more of a "what if" blooper reel more than anything else, sadly enough.
Closed Thread