AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-16, 12:53   Link #21
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Kare Kano [his and her circumstances]
Happy Lessons
Memories Off
Guu [lol, couldn't resist]

AniBUROGU// Loveless Animation vs. Manga Comparison
Old 2004-01-16, 14:13   Link #22
sopel
Rei Ayanami

Send a message via ICQ to sopel Send a message via MSN to sopel
Quote:
The story of Kare Kano is that it is Anno Hideaki's last anime series (he's the one who thought of doing Ebichu, but he didn't direct it; he has been doing live-action films since then). He got into a dispute with the producers and quit the show around ep. 14. If you noticed, that's where things get loose around the edges and you start seeing a lot of recaps. I kind of like the end of the series; it just seemed like how life is, there are always people out there getting to know each other and finding their own way to get along.

The manga is still running. It is licensed (http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?...ategorycode=BMG); vol. 9 tells the rest of the saga of Takefumi x Sakura (you also get to see the the play!).

I am sure/I fervently hope that GAINAX is not going back to Kare Kano; they are too busy cranking out EVA strip typing games and stuff like Mahoromatic, which I dislike (although plenty of people liked it just fine).
I see yeah I noticed lots of recaps after some eps.... No wonder it feels like something is missing in the end =(

I just started watching Mahoromatic yesterday, just finished ep. 6 so far I like, and god... That teacher is annoying in the show... But its all part of the comedy/action^^

Thanks
Old 2004-01-16, 20:23   Link #23
flightless
Inactive Member

From above:
Ranma 1/2 is hilarious, and very much on the goofy romance side. Also, you have action practically coming out your ears. Though I haven't watched any of it, I would not reccomend the anime series, because I dislike the fact that it destroys Rumiko Takahashi's lovely art style.

There's lots of nudity, but it's not at all ecchi or hentai - just a lot of breasts. The main character is a young macho martial arts master-in-training, Ranma, but he's got a seriously awful curse placed on him...
Old 2004-01-17, 22:16   Link #24
sopel
Rei Ayanami

Just finished watching both seasons of Mahoromatic, I must say that I did like the series, only part that I'm unsatisfied with is the ending. It just ends too quickly... Feels like theres something missing... But overally (i dont think thats a word) I loved it, Mahoro is so kawaii^^, and her little so-called sister.

Anyways tonight I think I'll start watching Steel Angel Kurumi, thanks to all that posted /w their recommendations. Please dont hesitate to post more^^

THanks
Old 2004-01-17, 22:48   Link #25
Seiryuu

I've got four recommendations, but one is only in jest.
1: Video Girl Ai. Great series, and good alteration of the classic "Angelic intervention" ERC(Ecchi Romance Comedy). Girl appears to help out Mr.Pathetic(me), but trouble in transfer turns her from altruistic angel to Lina Inverse's shorter-tempered, flatter kid sister.
2: Magic Users' Club. Hilarious, though the plot is a little thin in the OVA(which precedes the TV, FYI). One warning, the one with long, maroon hair that always hits on the president, it's a guy. That's why the pres always runs away screaming.
3: Yumeria. What an incredible new series this is gonna be. Combines Harem ERC with Mecha-Shoujo. A guy goes to bed the night before his 16th, and finds himself in the middle of a wasteland more desolate than Arizona. An odd spaceship approaches him, only to be attacked by a cute small girl in an outfit that's half swimsuit, half jetfighter parts. When he wakes up the next morning, that girl is next to him in his bed! It looks like soon, he, the small bishoujo(Mone), and some other kawaii bishoujo are gonna be fighting these things in the dream world while fighting over the guy in the real world. If that's not enough, they finally made a cute, NORMAL American girl as one of the cast.

4: This one I prescribe as a remedy for all those who are plagued with a love for big-chested girls. Eiken. The ultimate in sick ERC parodies. Just one of the main girl's breasts is larger in volume than her main body. Talk about an ergonomic nightmare.
Old 2004-01-17, 23:36   Link #26
sopel
Rei Ayanami

Quote:
3: Yumeria. What an incredible new series this is gonna be. Combines Harem ERC with Mecha-Shoujo. A guy goes to bed the night before his 16th, and finds himself in the middle of a wasteland more desolate than Arizona. An odd spaceship approaches him, only to be attacked by a cute small girl in an outfit that's half swimsuit, half jetfighter parts. When he wakes up the next morning, that girl is next to him in his bed! It looks like soon, he, the small bishoujo(Mone), and some other kawaii bishoujo are gonna be fighting these things in the dream world while fighting over the guy in the real world. If that's not enough, they finally made a cute, NORMAL American girl as one of the cast.
Judging from your summary Yumeria sounds promising, I'll give that one a try. Just went to get it off Anime Junkies. Ill dl it while watching Steel Angel Kurumi^^

Too bad AJ is the only one that releases it =/, they tend to slack off/fall behind very often, but I guess it's better then nothing.

~~TyTy
Old 2004-01-18, 16:45   Link #27
sopel
Rei Ayanami

Im on episode 15 of Steel Angel Kurumi, I like it, but a still like Mahoromatic more. Who knows maybe it'll get better as I watch it^^
Closed Thread