AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2003-11-07, 17:48   Link #1
dot_rain
yay yay ^^

Unhappy Problem connecting to tracker , connection refused

so , wat's the problem ?????
arigato in advanced
dot_rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 05:41   Link #2
yami the hat

Exclamation The Evil Evil Tracker!!!

ok this is my problem when i start some of the downloads i get the problem connecting to the tracker - <urlopen error (10061, 'connection refused')> and i know that there is nothing wrong with the tracker because my friends can start the bt download but my just keeps giving me the the same error i thought it was my maybe my firewall but i disabled it but it still did the same thing i dont think its my router because i can download some of the other files just not http://www.mircx.com/bt/ and http://www.ceskezneni.cz/tbtt/ what should i do because i am unable to complete my favorite anime sieres how can i fix this problem

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-11-03 at 18:10. Reason: threads merged
yami the hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 23:24   Link #3
trufflepig

Send a message via MSN to trufflepig
Quote:
Originally Posted by yami the hat
ok this is my problem when i start some of the downloads i get the problem connecting to the tracker - <urlopen error (10061, 'connection refused')> and i know that there is nothing wrong with the tracker because my friends can start the bt download but my just keeps giving me the the same error i thought it was my maybe my firewall but i disabled it but it still did the same thing i dont think its my router because i can download some of the other files just not http://www.mircx.com/bt/ and http://www.ceskezneni.cz/tbtt/ what should i do because i am unable to complete my favorite anime sieres how can i fix this problem
Give it some time. I had some trouble with the tracker in the past few days as well. You just need to be patient, and it'll be fixed. If you want to let someone know, try going to the owners bt web page or IRC channel and /msg them. (If it's on IRC, go to the room and read the rules first! Usually you can get the room rules by typing !rules - some rooms don't allow messages to the Ops and you get banned... bummer). Good luck and have patience!
trufflepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 22:39   Link #4
Zakath_xxx

I keep getting an error 10061

For a while I was able to download anime without any problems. Now however, every time I go to download anything I get an error 10061, connection refused. I was wondering if there was anything that I can do. I've tried downloading from other torrents as well as downloading the "experimental" bittorrent. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-11-03 at 18:04. Reason: Threads merged
Zakath_xxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 22:56   Link #5
Doppelganger
Lazy Undergraduate

Send a message via ICQ to Doppelganger Send a message via AIM to Doppelganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakath_xxx
For a while I was able to download anime without any problems. Now however, every time I go to download anything I get an error 10061, connection refused. I was wondering if there was anything that I can do. I've tried downloading from other torrents as well as downloading the "experimental" bittorrent. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
If nothing is altered on your side, would simply guess that the tracker you are trying to connect to is busy or down. Or you've been banned, or something. I would wait a little while and see if things clear up.

If you use Azureus it'll quietly and mercilessly try to connect to the tracker as long as you have it open.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 21:35   Link #6
newyorker278

What should I do?

For three days already I have been trying to connect to Keep/ANBU's Bleach Anime, but to no avail. Days -- no, weeks -- prior to this incident everything worked just fine. On Azureus, I would see that the tracker is "offline: Connection refused" and on BitTornado, "10061, Connection refused" as well. At one point I left it for a day and still nothing.

Are there any suggestions to rectify this problem? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-11-03 at 18:07. Reason: Threads merged
newyorker278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 21:44   Link #7
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

The torrents are pointing to a.scarywater.net which was down and it's backup again (up the last two days or so). Try downloading the torrent and try to resume.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 22:54   Link #8
newyorker278

Still nothing. It says the following, highlighted in red:

ERROR (11:50 PM):
Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (10061, 'Connection refused')>

I was thinking of changing my IP address but only two things stand in my way:
(a) what kind of address to change it to
(b) the uncertainty of whether it will work and/or distort my connection altogether

This has been going on for a few days, even when the scarywater tracker was working.
Old 2004-10-25, 00:37   Link #9
newyorker278

Seriously. . . (not to sound desperate or anything)

I've been trying my best to access torrents off the scarywater site, but nothing, and I mean nothing has worked. Even after the site was repaired, nothing.

I have Norton Internet Security Professional, and I have:
(a) turned off the firewall
(b) added BitTorrent to the list of programs that are allowed to send and receive data safely

With that said, the Windows Firewall (since I have SP2) is turned off as well.

I have cleared my browser of its cache, cookies, and history.

I have, according to the properties of my connection, "allowed other networked users to access this computer," &c.

I have concluded that changing my IP address is pointless because I have a DSL connection and it automatically obtains an IP address for me each time I begin to connect.

I seriously do not know what to do, and I humbly ask any one of you to help me rectify this problem. Please help me with this problem. I thank you all in advance.
Old 2004-10-25, 01:40   Link #10
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

10061 error is basically that the tracker is too busy to talk. Usually, this goes away after leaving the torrent running.

This is weird....
1. Do you have a router (Linksys, dlink, etc) in between or are you connected to the DSL router? (checking to see if there's a port-forwarding issue).

2. Are you able to download from other trackers? (checking to see if it's a problem with the client)

3. Point the browser to: http://tracker.scarywater.net:443/announce. What is the exact reply. (checking to see if you can see the tracker).

BTW, turn off "allowed other networked users to access this computer" VERY BAD!
Old 2004-10-25, 06:06   Link #11
newyorker278

1. I do not have a router. I got DSL last year, so the people at Verizon gave me a modem.

2. Yes, I am able to download from other trackers. Interestingly, I saw a torrent from a scarywater site on suprnova.org, tried to download it, but gave me that same message in red: "10061, Connection refused," &c.

3. The reply to that message is "The connection was refused when attempting to contact tracker.scarywater.net:443."
Old 2004-10-25, 19:16   Link #12
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

hmm.... On option 3, looks like you are being blocked to scarywater.net port. This port is the communication port for trackers. If you cannot talk to it, you cannot download.

The reason you are able to use other sites is that they are using the standard BT port. Scarywater uses a 443 port due to DDoS attacks and something to do with their ISP. Verizon may be blocking 443 and preventing you from communicating with the tracker. You might want to as Verizon to see if this is the case.

Also, I remember on broadbandreports.com that some Verizon subsids are blocking access to known BT site due to the MPAA/RIAA lawsuits and DDoS attacks. Check that website to see if your Verizon is blocking.
Old 2004-11-03, 15:04   Link #13
Guido

Help with Kannazuki no Miko BitTorrent files

I'm having trouble downloading episodes 4 and 5.

The message reads:
Problem connecting to tracker --<urlopen error (10061, 'Connection refused')>

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-11-03 at 18:05. Reason: Threads merged
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 17:53   Link #14
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Wait a few minutes and try again. The error is basically that the tracker may be too busy to handle your right now.

A rare but possible issue is that the torrent may be corrupted. You may need to download the torrent and try again.
Old 2004-11-22, 22:19   Link #15
ichiban

unable to connect!HELP!!(noob)

So i go to start downloading some torrents and i get this message
problem connecting <urlopen 10061 'connection refused'>
Not sure if my isp has blacklisted me or if there is something else going on. Tried changing all the ports and nothing seems to work! Even tried uploading a torrent that i had already completed and still the same thing. Also it doesn't matter which tracker i try to connect to i get the same message. It's really starting to frustrate me any help would be apreciated.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-11-22 at 23:11. Reason: Threads merged
ichiban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 01:37   Link #16
TK04

I used to be able to use BitTorrent/Bittornado without any problems at all, but recently I've been getting the <urlopen 10061 'connection refused'> error every time I try to download a torrent, even on ones I know are active.

I'm on dialup (I know, I know) and have the SP2 firewall disabled and opened the ports BitTorrent uses just in case. I get this error every single time on every torrent (even the newest ones on suprnova.org) and nothing ever starts downloading.

I must be missing something here

Edit: This has been happening for months now, and I've been trying multiple clients to no avail.
TK04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 19:38   Link #17
kerisnagasostro

Send a message via Yahoo to kerisnagasostro
Question 10061

Until now i cannot download my favorites anime ... because i having problem with
10061 problem .... i already off my firewall,,, i'm using LAN

this is the log from my bittorrent v4.20.8.

:29:58: [4.20.8] [core.MultiTorrent.32a59061f3f469aa2aae728da0e5345b 4fd3ae9a] announce: 1835.23731787
08:29:59: [4.20.8] [core.MultiTorrent.32a59061f3f469aa2aae728da0e5345b 4fd3ae9a] postrequest: None
08:29:59: Warning: [4.20.8] [core.MultiTorrent.32a59061f3f469aa2aae728da0e5345b 4fd3ae9a] Problem connecting to tracker - (10061, 'Connection refused')
08:29:59: [4.20.8] [core.MultiTorrent.32a59061f3f469aa2aae728da0e5345b 4fd3ae9a] announce: 1836.2397179
08:30:00: [4.20.8] [core.MultiTorrent.32a59061f3f469aa2aae728da0e5345b 4fd3ae9a] postrequest: None
08:30:00: Warning: [4.20.8] [core.MultiTorrent.32a59061f3f469aa2aae728da0e5345b 4fd3ae9a] Problem connecting to tracker - (10061, 'Connection refused')

can it be download using ftp ????
kerisnagasostro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 05:37   Link #18
DWKnight
Torrent Goon

Send a message via ICQ to DWKnight Send a message via AIM to DWKnight Send a message via MSN to DWKnight Send a message via Yahoo to DWKnight
Bumping an almost 2 year old thread for this why?

Quote:
can it be download using ftp ????
you have a 1 in a billion chance of the answer to this question being "yes".
Try different clients, including the ones listed on the animesuki main page.
DWKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 12:26   Link #19
jingalala

Hello, Im getting error tracker time out on all torrents. How to solve this?
jingalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 12:35   Link #20
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingalala View Post
Hello, Im getting error tracker time out on all torrents. How to solve this?
More detail would help. Please supply the following (just give one example).

Name of torrent you are trying to download (i.e. [Eclipse] Kimi ni Todoke - 07 (XviD) [0A34301B].avi.torrent)
URL of torrent (i.e. http://torrents.speedsubs.org/eclips...5d.avi.torrent)
Client you are using.
Full error message.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote