AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-04-18, 09:10   Link #1
reloaded
skywalker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Monkey King Enma

Not much has been seen of or mentioned of Enma since Sarutobis death but I reckon hes too powerful of a summon to just be left out for the rest of the show. He's an extremely good summon for his size, hes more compact than Gamabunta and Manda and his diamond staff ability is great since he can break through anything or entrap anything or anyone. His only weakness if i remember correctly was the Kusanagi (Orochimarus sword) which Enma stated would harm him even in diamond form.

With his diamond rod ability he could probably render Gamabunta, Manda and Katsuyu's attacks useless. Since Fire attacks arent hot enough to melt diamond and no element(not as in fire i mean as in metal or gold or whatever) is strong enough to break it.

I believe that Enma will belong to Konohamaru someday since Sarutobi was his grandpa because Naruto already has Gamabunta. It is also easier for Enma to attack smaller targets and get into smaller areas like cages and such due to his size which is another advantage which larger summons do not have.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 09:14   Link #2
Lex`
Aoi/Hinata Fan Boy
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 27
I agree, if it ever did make another appearance, I'd wager him summoned by Konohamaru.
__________________
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f124/spowell3/iHinata.jpg
Lex` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 09:22   Link #3
tatami
back in black
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Turkey
Age: 31
what you understand wrong is they dont belong to anyone and its not something that passes generation to generation.so dont talk about these as facts.

asuma didnt summon enma so it is not a must for konohamaru...he is more fit for gamakchi i think..

we may nt see enma ever again
__________________
ohh sasuke kun...please spare me...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 09:22   Link #4
Rahan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex` View Post
I agree, if it ever did make another appearance, I'd wager him summoned by Konohamaru.
Definitely, unless there is another member of the Sarutobi family (Konohamaru's dad ?) getting more exposure.
It's not something he can learn by himself, he needs to get the Monkey scroll to make the blood pact. Maybe his dad has/had it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
what you understand wrong is they dont belong to anyone and its not something that passes generation to generation.so dont talk about these as facts.

asuma didnt summon enma so it is not a must for konohamaru...he is more fit for gamakchi i think..

we may nt see enma ever again
Didn't Jiraiya mention the Frog scroll was something that belonged to his family for generations ? I am not too sure of that.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 09:28   Link #5
reloaded
skywalker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
what you understand wrong is they dont belong to anyone and its not something that passes generation to generation.so dont talk about these as facts.

asuma didnt summon enma so it is not a must for konohamaru...he is more fit for gamakchi i think..

we may nt see enma ever again
I didnt talk about these as facts nor did I say it was a must i said: "I believe that Enma will belong to Konohamaru someday since Sarutobi was his grandpa because Naruto already has Gamabunta", its just my opinion. It seems to me that the person who would be most likely to summon Enma in the future would be Konohamaru this seems perfectly logical.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 09:33   Link #6
Lex`
Aoi/Hinata Fan Boy
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Definitely, unless there is another member of the Sarutobi family (Konohamaru's dad ?) getting more exposure.
It's not something he can learn by himself, he needs to get the Monkey scroll to make the blood pact. Maybe his dad has/had it.



Didn't Jiraiya mention the Frog scroll was something that belonged to his family for generations ? I am not too sure of that.
True, the scroll has to be somewhere, would make sense.

And yea, I believe the Frog scroll had quite a few hand prints/blood prints whatever on it from past users. But I could be wrong, am too lazy to go dig up manga chapters atm
__________________
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f124/spowell3/iHinata.jpg
Lex` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 09:45   Link #7
reloaded
skywalker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Well since the third fourth and fifth hokage are shown to have summons wouldnt this also be the same for the 1st and 2nd Hokages, since the 2nd was Sarutobi's mentor he could have showed him the monkey scroll you never know.

I recon Enma could hold his own against summons like Manda and Gamabunta and perhaps even defeat them.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 09:52   Link #8
Goshin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: somehwre between this world and the next
Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
is it safe to assume that all boss summons are almost equal in power?

konohamaru is to young to be summoning enma, and i don't think we will get see doing that. but it should indeed be konohamaru who gets to sign the scroll
__________________


"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 09:57   Link #9
reloaded
skywalker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
is it safe to assume that all boss summons are almost equal in power?

konohamaru is to young to be summoning enma, and i don't think we will get see doing that. but it should indeed be konohamaru who gets to sign the scroll
No way he could be able to summon Enma now in the future obviously but I do believe his boss summon will be Enma.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 10:21   Link #10
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
Uhm....i think Enma doesnt stand a chance against the grand Master summonings like those of the Sannin.

Their attack doesnt hit a range of just 5 metres you know...it's more like a range of 50 metres which is affected. Jiraiya & Gamabunta's combo attack was almost a mile wide i think. Gamabunta is already huge and that attack was several times his own size!

Do you think Enma can hold of so many heat? Besides it was obvious that Sarutobi's diamont prison was loaded with empty spaces. If he would use that technique he'd bring death even faster to his summoner.

Same goes for the strong acid of Katsyu...and so far we've only seen Manda with physical attacks...so i am uncertain if it can use techniques like Katsyu or Gamabunta.
__________________
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 10:34   Link #11
reloaded
skywalker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Uhm....i think Enma doesnt stand a chance against the grand Master summonings like those of the Sannin.

Their attack doesnt hit a range of just 5 metres you know...it's more like a range of 50 metres which is affected. Jiraiya & Gamabunta's combo attack was almost a mile wide i think. Gamabunta is already huge and that attack was several times his own size!

Do you think Enma can hold of so many heat? Besides it was obvious that Sarutobi's diamont prison was loaded with empty spaces. If he would use that technique he'd bring death even faster to his summoner.

Same goes for the strong acid of Katsyu...and so far we've only seen Manda with physical attacks...so i am uncertain if it can use techniques like Katsyu or Gamabunta.
You make good points but the diamond prison could have just been a one-off the holes could have been covered they ciuld have been left there so Sarutobi could see what Oro's next move would be and since it was to defend from the "birth of the trees"/mokkuton jutsu the cage was good enough to fend off the branches.

Now with Gamabuntas fire attack I doubt it is high enough to actually melt diamond (melts at 3,500 degrees) nor do I recon Katsyu's acid is around that temperature. Enma could have just made a frontal barrier around the summoner to defend from Jiraiya and Buntas combination attacks. The only jutsu I would say that could burn Enma in diamond state would be Ametarasu.

Thats what I recon anyway.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 10:51   Link #12
tatami
back in black
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Turkey
Age: 31
why not anyone mention about
Spoiler for manga:
__________________
ohh sasuke kun...please spare me...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 11:36   Link #13
SpiRo
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Serbia
Age: 28
Well could be .. but i think Enma was only Sarutobis summon .. becouse his name mean monkey ..

And i too think that Enma dont have chance against Manda, Katsuyu, Bunta ..
SpiRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 11:49   Link #14
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
not really, all enma has to do is transform into a small staff and wreck some havoc inside bunta's ear. Againts manda, its the same thing, transform into a staff and extend itself inside manda's stomach then extend and straighten its whole body to the point where everything just ripped. Though i don't really know what to make of katsuyo, so long as enma doesn't have a softspot for woman, it should be at least a draw?
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 12:07   Link #15
SpiRo
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Serbia
Age: 28
It would be little stupid if Enma can extend as staff more then his body capacity .. if u understand what i wanna say .. dunno how i should say it in english
SpiRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 12:16   Link #16
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Kohonahamaru eventually getting enma? ya i could see that...
it's rather likely that Sarutobi proabably had a will or something, or left the monkey scroll to someone he can trust for safe keeping... Easy to think that he would have given it to Konohamaru's fahter/mother (which ever is related to Sarutobi)... As Kohonhamaru grows up and gets stronger, his parents may offer him the scroll, practically letting Kohonahamaru to carry on in Sarutobi's path...

With Naruto and the others taking all those other summons, he seems like the most natural choice... Not sure if we would see Him summon Enma though, the series might not last long enough, but we might get some hints that's where it's going by seeing him summon other monkeys

AS for Enma vs the other big summons, it's hard to say... Enma himself has some rather impressive abilities with that diamond staff from, and it's HIGHLY questionable if that's all he can do... I mean, one thing we can note is that he seems to be a Kage level fighter with the way he so effortlessly knocked away the the first 2 hokages when they charaaged him... He may be small compared to the big summons, but size doesn't always matter, he may very well pack just about the same amount of punch, overall i mean

I mean, Gamabunta is huge and he has a hell of alot of power and range from his attacks, but on the downside he clearly has low stamina, as we saw when he faught with Shukaku... Enma may have a much deeper chakra pool by comparison and may have a lot of speed to make up for his small size... but that's just specualtion on my part... kinda hard to say since we didn't see Enma fight very long in his normal form

Quote:
It would be little stupid if Enma can extend as staff more then his body capacity .. if u understand what i wanna say .. dunno how i should say it in english
Not really, from what we say we know he can manipulate his shape, such as how he can change his thickness... And i think he is a clear prodody of that staff from the chinese story of Goku(ok, i'm not too sure about this... i'm no expert on those tales)... in the story the staff had the abiltiy to stretch as far as he wanted (another common parody would be Goku's staff from DB)... it's easy to believe that this ability from the chinese story carried on to Enma... Naruto takes a lot of things from such fables and stories... not to emntion, i'm not sure, but i think Enma did do some stretching in staff form

Last edited by Slayerx; 2007-04-18 at 12:32.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 12:54   Link #17
SpiRo
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Serbia
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Not really, from what we say we know he can manipulate his shape, such as how he can change his thickness... And i think he is a clear prodody of that staff from the chinese story of Goku(ok, i'm not too sure about this... i'm no expert on those tales)... in the story the staff had the abiltiy to stretch as far as he wanted (another common parody would be Goku's staff from DB)... it's easy to believe that this ability from the chinese story carried on to Enma... Naruto takes a lot of things from such fables and stories... not to emntion, i'm not sure, but i think Enma did do some stretching in staff form
Ye i know about Gokus staff .. Hmm but when i looked in Enma staff it looked like he is always think as his body .. if he get little longer he get little thiner ..
SpiRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 13:11   Link #18
reloaded
skywalker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
When Sarutobi extends his staff whilst battling Orochimaru in anime episode 71 only the length of the diamond pole increases it doesnt get thinner meaning theres no direct relation to Enmas body capacity and the extention limitations of the diamond pole.

It is possible for Enma to form more than one pole since we see many smaller poles connected to defend from the 1st hokages Mokutton technique when used the second time, im not sure if he can make them separetly but if he can make many small diamond poles joined together then theoretically his pole will be able to take any shape just like lego pieces.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 13:31   Link #19
SpiRo
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Serbia
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloaded View Post
When Sarutobi extends his staff whilst battling Orochimaru in anime episode 71 only the length of the diamond pole increases it doesnt get thinner meaning theres no direct relation to Enmas body capacity and the extention limitations of the diamond pole.

It is possible for Enma to form more than one pole since we see many smaller poles connected to defend from the 1st hokages Mokutton technique when used the second time, im not sure if he can make them separetly but if he can make many small diamond poles joined together then theoretically his pole will be able to take any shape just like lego pieces.
hmmm in anime ?

Chapter 120 page 13 and 14 . it really look like it shrinking ..
SpiRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 13:44   Link #20
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
hmmm in anime ?

Chapter 120 page 13 and 14 . it really look like it shrinking ..
Looks to me like it streched out without changing thickness at all

Though looking back at the manga, kinda gotta take back what i said About Enma taking out the first 2 hokaes with ease... that was an anime only thing... still i do suspect Enma of great strength, but now it's just speculation, since the anime is non-canon
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.