AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-12, 14:32   Link #361
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I firmly believe the final ending will be the opening or some sort of song to whatever series they do next, temporal logic be damned. My ideas for what the final ending will be including that are:

- Ensemble Live Action version of Motteke Sailor Fuku

- Aya Hirano alone Live Action Version of Motteke Sailor Fuku or Haruhi Season II opening.

- Chihara Minori alone Live Action Version of Haruhi Season II opening.

- Full Lucky Star cast doing the Hare Hare Yukai dance.

- Clannad Opening.

- Something Featuring the Clannad characters.
Old 2007-08-12, 15:16   Link #362
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
- Ensemble Live Action version of Motteke Sailor Fuku
^That would completely rawk my socks.
Old 2007-08-13, 17:04   Link #363
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Good post on the Canned Dogs blog pointing out that the Remix CD ranks third in the weekly Oricon singles rankings for the past week. The hits just keep on coming. Unbelievable.

Oh, and I vote for the ensemble live-action Motteke. But only after Aya gets at least one ED of her own, lol.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Old 2007-08-13, 21:32   Link #364
truehappiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Good post on the Canned Dogs blog pointing out that the Remix CD ranks third in the weekly Oricon singles rankings for the past week. The hits just keep on coming. Unbelievable.

Oh, and I vote for the ensemble live-action Motteke. But only after Aya gets at least one ED of her own, lol.
Yeah, the sales were about 30,000 for the single.

Pretty high for an ANIME REMIX single.

UNSPEAKABLE
Old 2007-08-14, 03:53   Link #365
darksider

Hello there and everyone in this forum.

Talking about the song for the final ending, I just thought Kaeshite! Knee Socks should be suitable.

Yep, I admit that it is a rather ordinary sort of pop song compared to the hyper, near-indecipherable song Motteke, but the lyrics (or well at least my perception of its lyrics) still are insightful yet very chaotic mixture of strange indescribable feelings of love and nostalgia and some other, crazy otaku feticism and thoughts on moe-ness, and cute-sounding nonsense.
Overall excellent and possibly even better than the op song, I daresay.

Or was I just like, feeling everyone who loves Lucky Star should pay a bit more attention to that song maybe?
Old 2007-08-14, 11:57   Link #366
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksider View Post
Or was I just like, feeling everyone who loves Lucky Star should pay a bit more attention to that song maybe?
I like that song a whole lot.. I play it all the time. I love it when Kona said "AMON!" in it. But I don't think it's going to be the final ED... the ED in LS can never be a traditional anymore... we're just wondering now what kind of grand live action finale they're planning. I'd also vote for a live action version of Motteke! Sailor Fuku with all the original seiyuu dancing.
Old 2007-08-14, 13:24   Link #367
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
I'd also vote for a live action version of Motteke! Sailor Fuku with all the original seiyuu dancing.
I'd love it. It would be a wonderful farewell gift imho
Old 2007-08-17, 23:39   Link #368
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Two more character song CDs have been announced, making a total of ten for Lucky Star. The first will feature Misao and Ayano (Mizuhara Kaoru and Aizawa Mai). The second will feature Konata, Yutaka, and Minami (Hirano Aya, Hasegawa Shizuka, and Chihara Minori). This second group is being referred to as the 胸ペッタンガールズ, which I believe means something like the "Small-chest Girls."

This means Hirano Aya will appear on three of the ten character CDs: Konata, Konata and Patty, and this one. The number of character song CDs is high, but for the main star (like a Horie Yui, for example) to appear on more than one character CD is not unusual, I believe. These last two CDs will go on sale 24 October.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Old 2007-08-28, 10:30   Link #369
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Well, the Konata & Patty duet CD is out.

I know most image CDs are pretty worthless, and I really did not have any hopes for this one being different. I also know that this CD was likely to have more value as an expensive inside joke than for any entertainment it could provide.

...but despite knowing all that ahead of time I am still disappointed.

On the other hand, the Kogami Akira ED single has some listening value. Well, if you've ever heard enka and not cringed.
Old 2007-08-28, 11:07   Link #370
Midonin
Last Engage

The Konata and Patty single's B-side amused me, because I got to hear Kona saying a few of Momotaros' phrases from Kamen Rider Den-O. "I start at the climax!" being the first one heard, and also the most famous of Momo's phrases. That, and "My hissatsu waza, part [#]".
Old 2007-08-28, 14:48   Link #371
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

For me, the Konata/Patty CD is like an extension of the karaoke CD. They both sing pretty well -- mainly in joke voices -- and Konata/Hirano gets to riff away again in the background.
Old 2007-08-29, 14:00   Link #372
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

The Konata-Patty CD enters the Oricon singles charts at #11. Here is the daily chart (which will change daily).

Here are a couple of pics from an article in Akiba Blog about the flood of Lucky Star merchandise that is beginning to come. Left is a shot of the display of the two latest CDs at Toranoana. Right is a detail of the card showing CDs now available for purchase or pre-order.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-08-29 at 14:47.
Old 2007-09-05, 09:12   Link #373
That was embarrasing...

Sorry, I didn't know where to post this, but... I want the Kagami's ring tone!!! xD I know that it is a conventional one that can be found everywhere, but I am really fond of mine X3 So can anyone help me? (Episode 22, 7:27) Thanks!!
Old 2007-09-05, 13:14   Link #374
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

The character song CDs for the four main characters are out today.

The Konata/Patty CD that came out last week was #15 for its first week on the charts. Konno Hiromi's enka song was #21. Not bad for releases that may have been a momentary inspiration and were outside the main series of character CDs. Lantis must be thrilled.
Old 2007-09-05, 16:06   Link #375
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by 723 View Post
Sorry, I didn't know where to post this, but... I want the Kagami's ring tone!!! xD I know that it is a conventional one that can be found everywhere, but I am really fond of mine X3 So can anyone help me? (Episode 22, 7:27) Thanks!!
I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to edit out the voice and/or the sound effect, but I may not get to it until the weekend. Just to be sure that it would play... what phone do you have?

Hopefully this weekend I'll finally post my tutorial, though, so I teach instead of do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The character song CDs for the four main characters are out today.

The Konata/Patty CD that came out last week was #15 for its first week on the charts. Konno Hiromi's enka song was #21. Not bad for releases that may have been a momentary inspiration and were outside the main series of character CDs. Lantis must be thrilled.
I don't expect much out of character image albums, but like the Kona/Patty CD, I was disappointed by these. Not that they're any worse than the majority of character image albums, but after the strong showing for the karaoke ED album my expectations were raised.

The two songs that do stand out from the crowd are the second track on the Kagami CD and the first track on the Tsukasa CD. They're actually pretty listenable, if you can ignore the banal lyrics and bad pop influence. What really hurts the experience, though, was the AWFUL vocal modulation on the Tsukasa song (seriously, what happened, did the janitor come in at night and play with Vocoder?!).

I wouldn't be too embarrassed to listen to those in front of others, so long as they didn't understand Japanese, but they didn't pass the "Will this go on my Memory Stick?" test.

Actually, the (mixed-up, beat-backed) speech tracks on those two CDs were pretty catchy--more so than anything else. I'd go so far to say that those brief omake were the best things out of this series of releases.

Anything else on these releases? Well, I compare them to two pieces of styrofoam being rubbed together.
Old 2007-09-05, 17:44   Link #376
That was embarrasing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to edit out the voice and/or the sound effect, but I may not get to it until the weekend. Just to be sure that it would play... what phone do you have?

Hopefully this weekend I'll finally post my tutorial, though, so I teach instead of do.
Thank you very much!!! My phone is a Nokia 6131. I really, really, thank you very much!!! X3 (I will use the same ring tone than Kagami!!! xD)
Old 2007-09-05, 22:37   Link #377
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
...I don't expect much out of character image albums, but like the Kona/Patty CD, I was disappointed by these. Not that they're any worse than the majority of character image albums, but after the strong showing for the karaoke ED album my expectations were raised....
My feelings exactly. I actually think they're fairly good for character image songs, but not of the standard I expected from this show. At least all the seiyuu can really carry a tune.

I was hoping for something more like this character song from Sumomo Momomo, which I think is Hirano's most interesting work yet.

EDIT: According to j1m0ne (who is also disappointed in the CDs, especially Konata's), in their first day on the chart, the CDs were ranked #7 (Konata), #10 (Kagami), #14 (Tsukasa), #15 (Miyuki).

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-09-06 at 15:09.
Old 2007-09-06, 22:44   Link #378
takumi2k4

Woah, this is surprising. I recently heard all of the songs from the chara CD's and I have to agree, most of them are bad.

But I do like Kagami's 2nd track, and I kinda like Miyuki's CD, but I'm disappointed at the other tracks. I expected a lot as Lantis also did the excellent Haruhi chara CD's, I was expecting the likes of Kyon's "Kentai Life Returns", Itsuki's "Maggare Spectacle", and the whole CD's of Yuki and Asakura, but dang, they bombed this one.

Heh, I actually like the Kona-Patty CD more than any of the chara CD's, "Cosplay It!" is pretty catchy IMO. I had the urge to listen to the song the whole day in school today, guess it's going on my MP3 player!

That song by Aaya from Sumo(x whatever) is really interesting, I heard it on youtube after a blogger linked to it. Lol, I think it was Kaoru's blog, not sure though. But as a Jazz T-bone player myself, hearing Aaya sing Jazz is pretty wicked IMO.

Heh, just the song itself without Aaya is really good. I love that walking bass line right there, having Aaya sing just complements the whole song, I need to find a higher quality version of the song somehow.
Old 2007-09-07, 09:58   Link #379
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKlltPZylpY

I found this... Hmmm...
Old 2007-09-08, 13:46   Link #380
PirateSkittles
Organization of Cute

Does anyone have the lyrics to "Aimai Net Darling", including the speaking parts, in romaji?
Closed Thread