AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-01-12, 18:02   Link #21
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Pretty much business as usual for me. Just one less website to check on.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 18:12   Link #22
warnold
nerfelwap

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK
the site being down bothered me much more than the forum being down as I could not check to see when the new subs of naruto were out
memorize the mirror URL's They were updated as normal the whole time.

--
-billy-
warnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 18:20   Link #23
Kaoru
Pirate Girl Nyuu

Send a message via Yahoo to Kaoru
On other forums looking through the cosplay threads. It's almost as addicting as shaking milk!

Kaoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 20:20   Link #24
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

What I have been up to? Well, I was able to watch Last Exile finally and have began reading Black Cat.
Gaara11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 21:53   Link #25
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

What a relief. AnimeSuki being down gave me a chance to do other things with my life. Seriously I missed the forum a lot, but I did make good use of the time.

Curiously JASCII completely renovated his reviews site while we were down. We link to his reviews on http://www.animesuki.com/ so all of our links to his site suddently became invalid. The site being down gave me some spare time to change every one of our $#%$* links. Yay for me. At least he promises that the links shouldn't change again. Ever.

Incidently if you haven't seen his site, then go there! He reviews a lot of the latest anime. Even before it gets subtitled.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 23:28   Link #26
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Wow, after reading this thread, it is evident that some people base the life on forums too much...

Anyways, not much impact on me. Having the forum down just gives me more focus to play my acoustic guitar (it's a Hondo dreadnought steel string, Model H-18E). So instead of playing the guitar and reading the forums, I actually looked at the guitar while playing instead of playing blindly. I've been obsessed over (really fast) acoustic fingerstyle songs.

Let's see if I can translate Ugupoo's chinese characters (or Kanji). I'm a little rusty on my Chinese though:

Under your name says "I don't want to love you"

Your sig:
I stand next to you. You stand in front of me. Why is it that my heart hurts/aches? Why can't you speak well? I remember that tender/heart felt pain clearly. He stands in front of me. You pass nearby me. Suddenly my heart hurts/aches again. Why?

Awww so romantic. Am I right/close?

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2004-01-12 at 23:29. Reason: Translation errors.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 00:08   Link #27
RavenChild
エリック

Send a message via AIM to RavenChild Send a message via MSN to RavenChild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Wow, after reading this thread, it is evident that some people base the life on forums too much...
And is something wrong with that? You make it sound that we here on the forum are complete losers and that we don't have lives(the second i admit, but the first is wrong).
Old 2004-01-13, 00:27   Link #28
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

ahhh i missed AnimeSuki! but when it was down i checked out the torrents pages and thought "holy crap im behind, check out all these new torrents!" and alas i began to download! ^_^
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 13:48   Link #29
PiGGiEE
PiGGiEE Judo Chop Chop!

Hmmm since the forums was down... I've been:

1. downloading anime...
2. playing video games...
3. watching anime...
4. downloading more anime...
5. watching more anime...
6. yup you guessed it!! playing more video games!

Oh I did rent a couple of movies... watched "The Order", "The Medallion", "Feardotcom", "Bad Boys II" and few more others... still need to go check out LOTR this weekend...

Yeah I know... I don't have much of a life... oh well... I am in Washington after all... and its freezing out there!! I rather snuggle up to my fireplace in front of the television with my PS2 :P
PiGGiEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 13:50   Link #30
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
you definitely know how to manage your time well then... LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiGGiEE

1. downloading anime...
3. watching anime...

Oh I did rent a couple of movies... watched "The Order", "The Medallion", "Feardotcom", "Bad Boys II" and few more others... still need to go check out LOTR this weekend...
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 15:34   Link #31
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

What did I do while the forum was down?

Well, I went on IRC for a bit, dl/ed some animes, shopping and more shopping!!!
It happen during the weekend guys!!
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 15:50   Link #32
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Indeed. Thank goodness it happened during the weekend or else 3 days of downtime would have really bugged me.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 16:41   Link #33
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Friday: school, anime watching
Saturday: work from 10:30am to 10:30pm ...T_T...
Sunday: tidying up my room, listening to music, anime watching

The weather is too awful here to go out...>_<!
Old 2004-01-13, 17:17   Link #34
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
while I was away from animesuki.. my ports got blocked!! Ah Im so upset!! why? oh god why?!

So now that Im through the bitter weeping and incoherrent sobbing stages of withdrawl, I have become increasingly aware of how much free time I have. It was a period of personal exploration and meditation for me. And in the end, unfortunately, I have decided to give into my age, get a job and start taking school seriously. You must accept change tzu!! You must!!

I think ill still hang around here though, I need an outlet for my love of anime
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 05:52   Link #35
Yuuichi
Wishing for an anime life

Let's see... after I finally realized the site had gone down and something hadn't gone wrong with my computer (stupid, yes I know...), I tried to catch up on all the anime I had been downloading, probably the best one being Piano.

Other than that the weekend was the same. Bowling on Saturday and chapel choir on Sunday. Another eventless weekend.
Yuuichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 06:37   Link #36
FrOzE BLadE

i was in school... life got busy recently. Guess i was too free in the holidays. Then there was a Secondary 1 orientation which i had to entertain those sec 1s and sweet talk them into joining my CCA (Co-Curricular Activities)... my group wasn't that crazy as the uniform groups who actually chased the poor newbies all over the school! well, anyway i manage meet my requirement of 10 students to join. After all the hard work, it was tuition and homework time! gosh by the time i got home my bro was there, occupying the computer seat! still, i manage to squeeze some time out to check out the forum. it was really bored without the forum around especially when there's no anime to watch!!
FrOzE BLadE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 20:04   Link #37
ugupoo
多谢你爱我.... *キッス!* ^_~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods

Anyways, not much impact on me. Having the forum down just gives me more focus to play my acoustic guitar (it's a Hondo dreadnought steel string, Model H-18E). So instead of playing the guitar and reading the forums, I actually looked at the guitar while playing instead of playing blindly. I've been obsessed over (really fast) acoustic fingerstyle songs.

Let's see if I can translate Ugupoo's chinese characters (or Kanji). I'm a little rusty on my Chinese though:

Under your name says "I don't want to love you"

Your sig:
I stand next to you. You stand in front of me. Why is it that my heart hurts/aches? Why can't you speak well? I remember that tender/heart felt pain clearly. He stands in front of me. You pass nearby me. Suddenly my heart hurts/aches again. Why?

Awww so romantic. Am I right/close?
EE hehe.. Right on the point but close. You're right that it's rusty, are you Chinese too? And I'll have to agree, I guess some people do spend a lot of time on the forums. But it's just another social gathering if you think about it. As for me, I have school M-TH 7am-8pm so I don't have the luxury you all have.
ugupoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 23:00   Link #38
RavenChild
エリック

Send a message via AIM to RavenChild Send a message via MSN to RavenChild
i'm leaving friday, it's late wed. night now. i'm going to gatlinburg, TN. i hope to be back late wed. night. so i'm going to be without animesuki forums. my life will come to a halt again, just as if the site was down.
Old 2004-01-15, 07:15   Link #39
Necrodeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiGGiEE

1. downloading anime...
3. watching anime...

Yeah I know... I don't have much of a life... oh well... I am in Washington after all... and its freezing out there!! I rather snuggle up to my fireplace in front of the television with my PS2 :P
Omg, you're like, my dream girl

I haven't payed much attention to the forums lately (been playing too many games, oh, and school too) so I didn't realise it was down all that long, I thought it was down for maybe a day or 2?
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 13:02   Link #40
d0d0lee
だいおもしろ

.... ..... ...... I'm starting to feel down and worst ... I mean i had work and can only squeeze time in for the forum and suffering from lack of sleep from that... really deep eye bags now but NOPE! not going to give up... looking forward to holidays.

Anyway, was glad that the forum was down and nothing wrong with my computer or membership...(^-^ and i agree that this is a great forum.... (the only forum i've been to anyway lol)
d0d0lee is offline   Reply With Quote