AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-31, 21:57   Link #841
KasumiGirl
The endless sky
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oosutoraria
Age: 24
Hey, Shana! I like Haku-chan's gift!
And the line...omfg. Win! xD
The foreground c4d the covers the pretty neko looks kinda odd, maybe twisting it to make the flow better would be better. Oh, and a tip: Don't always use c4ds set on to lighten/screen. Sometimes it tends to look messy. Not all the time though.
Keep it up! ^-^

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGZERO619 View Post
What did you place on the lower right hand corner of your sig? This looks like static of some sort which really doesn't flow with the presentation or colors of your sig.
It's the displacement tool.
__________________


Last edited by KasumiGirl; 2008-06-02 at 00:46.
KasumiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 08:18   Link #842
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago,IL, USA!!!!
Age: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
Hehe thanks ^^.

Here go some works. Feel free Critic them! Suggestions always welcome.

<--- A try for my SOTM entry it didn't work.
Reisen. <33 Use that as your entry. I like the siggy because of Reisen.
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 18:58   Link #843
Shana
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via MSN to Shana
Quote:
Originally Posted by KasumiGirl View Post
Hey, Shana! I like Haku-chan's gift!
And the line...omfg. Win! xD
The foreground c4d the covers the pretty neko looks kinda odd, maybe twisting it to make the flow better would be better. Oh, and a tip: Don't always use c4ds set on to lighten/screen. Sometimes it tends to look messy. Not all the time though.
Keep it up! ^-^

EDIT:


It's the displacement tool.
I liked Haku-chan's gift too, that's why I decided to give it to her if I did not like it I wouldn't have given it to her. And yeah, line = win XD.

You know that sig was pretty much an experiment, I wanted to do something different for her and so were the others xD pure experiments batch this time D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
Reisen. <33 Use that as your entry. I like the siggy because of Reisen.
Lol. I would do if I had liked that sig ><

Anyways...

OMG LIGHT?! IN MAI SIG!!???



And no, the text doesn't say "Fairy Cake". Btw, this sig is based on Dave onii-chan's Ephemeral Harmony.

EDIT:

Oh yeah btw, it's a re-make of my April candidate for SOTM.

Last edited by Shana; 2008-06-03 at 19:46.
Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 20:24   Link #844
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post


And no, the text doesn't say "Fairy Cake". Btw, this sig is based on Dave onii-chan's Ephemeral Harmony.

EDIT:

Oh yeah btw, it's a re-make of my April candidate for SOTM.
Aha! I knew I recognized this image from your previous work somewhere. Anyways, I like that you based it off of Dave's recent sig, one that I really like.
I also found it comical that you pointed out the whole 'fairy cake' thing. I didn't read it that way initially but once you mentioned it, I looked again and laughed at my dirty mind
The sig is very pretty, but as of now, I prefer the background more than the render since she doesn't seem blended in at all along her right side. The colors are gorgeous though, very nice so far!
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 20:34   Link #845
Shana
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via MSN to Shana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Aha! I knew I recognized this image from your previous work somewhere. Anyways, I like that you based it off of Dave's recent sig, one that I really like.
I also found it comical that you pointed out the whole 'fairy cake' thing. I didn't read it that way initially but once you mentioned it, I looked again and laughed at my dirty mind
The sig is very pretty, but as of now, I prefer the background more than the render since she doesn't seem blended in at all along her right side. The colors are gorgeous though, very nice so far!
Dirty mind? What were you thinking!?

Yeah, I know the render doesn't blend too well with the bg, but you know, I wasn't in the mood of searching a render, and started searching for a ugly sig of mine to re-work it.

Last edited by Shana; 2008-06-04 at 17:57. Reason: Typo.
Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 17:58   Link #846
Shana
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via MSN to Shana
Hello? CnC please? for the siggy.

Anyways...

Here's a render. The original image had, not bad quality, but not the best. A bad scanner I guess. So, for the first time I used Sponge Tool, and it helped me A LOT with the colors and quality :3

Original


Using Sponge Tool


Which one is better? I'm going for the sponge tool'd one.
Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 18:02   Link #847
escimo
Paparazzi
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ice Box
Age: 31
^ I actually prefer the original one. Sponge tooled one seems a bit over saturated.
__________________
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 19:34   Link #848
Telmah
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio, United States
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
I really liked your Utawarerumono signature from the previous page, though I am by no means an expert. Good luck with the contest.
__________________
Telmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 21:44   Link #849
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
Ahh sorry! Would have gave CnC sooner but Killer Instinct took over my day. =3

Quote:
Text needs to stand out. If you put text such as the "Fairy Tale", it has to be just as important as the stock style-wise. Personally, I think it would look better without the text.

The lighting is a bit awkward, as it seems like the right side of the BG is dark but the lighting on the stock doesn't reflect that. Maybe try burning the right side of the stock so that it matches in a way? It would help blend the stock into the BG.

Try and sharpen the sig, then erase parts such as your focal point. It may make little bits of your tag stand out more.

Other than that, looks pretty good. The colors are what catches my eyes since they compliment each other well.
__________________

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
KickHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 01:30   Link #850
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 27
I like the second render(sponged one). The cut is good. Some strange spot around the right leg or is it part of the render? But either way, nice rendering and choice, moe nekomimi
__________________

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 03:32   Link #851
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
I think that's just part of the render. I did notice a small spot on the underarm of the tshirt, but it's nothing major. Clean cut, and the second version brings out the colors nicely. Good job.

I agree with Kickhopper about the lighting. It doesn't need to be alot, but try a little burn on the right side and see if it balances out some. And the text should stand out more, maybe use stroke or glow with a real light opacity to see if you can bring out the letters a little more while still keeping the see through effect.
__________________
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 20:55   Link #852
SifimekoRin
Mr.Corner will come soon
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sitting in Mr.Corner with Chrona
Shana-chan!!!!! X3 I've been lurkering your pages ( cause really like your work! :3) I thought I'd finally post somthin. But I Love your siggies!!<333333333 Keep workin hard Shana-chan! :3
SifimekoRin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 22:07   Link #853
Shana
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via MSN to Shana
Thanks guys! I'm too tired by now to answer all of you.

*tired*

sigh...

v1


v2


v3


Random abstract sig -> LAST TIME I DO A SIG LIKE THIS!

Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 12:55   Link #854
Shana
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via MSN to Shana
W00T! I HAS A BLOG!

And here goes a render:

Spoiler for Kind of big:
Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 13:02   Link #855
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Gratz on starting your own blog Shana-chan!

I am also a bit split on Spice and Wolf, btw.
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 13:29   Link #856
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 27
Congrats on starting a blog

Just some things, downsize the images in photoshop instead of letting HTML do the resizing. Images look ugly when downsized by browser. Ooh and some typo's in the review.

Didn't knew the special episode was released. Will have to get that soon

Goodluck with maintaining your blog
__________________

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 13:47   Link #857
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: away from you
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
Congrats On Starting your Blog Shana-Chan ^_^

Btw..I Love The Render
__________________
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 20:43   Link #858
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Flan-chan
Age: 12
Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
PedoSetsiBear came to say hi, and congrats you on your blog.

PS. I am very huggable.
__________________
I love Flandre Scarlet

Last edited by Izayoi; 2008-06-10 at 21:06.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 05:34   Link #859
KasumiGirl
The endless sky
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oosutoraria
Age: 24
Ohhhooo. Gratz on the blog, Shana-chan! I used to have one about school and stuff like that for only about 1 and a half years. I got pretty lazy.
Will keep up with your blog.

Btw: ancious is anxious, Shana-chan. Unless probably a typo.
__________________

KasumiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 06:07   Link #860
Shana
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via MSN to Shana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Gratz on starting your own blog Shana-chan!

I am also a bit split on Spice and Wolf, btw.
Thanks Daniel ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
Congrats on starting a blog

Just some things, downsize the images in photoshop instead of letting HTML do the resizing. Images look ugly when downsized by browser. Ooh and some typo's in the review.

Didn't knew the special episode was released. Will have to get that soon

Goodluck with maintaining your blog
You know, I was so tired and the image was so big... lazy me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
Congrats On Starting your Blog Shana-Chan ^_^

Btw..I Love The Render
Thanks Chaos! by the way...

DING DING DING! You got a reward for being the 1st one to mention my render!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsilya~ View Post
PedoSetsiBear came to say hi, and congrats you on your blog.

PS. I am very huggable.
*hugs SetsiBear* Mommy! can I take this cute bear home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasumiGirl View Post
Ohhhooo. Gratz on the blog, Shana-chan! I used to have one about school and stuff like that for only about 1 and a half years. I got pretty lazy.
Will keep up with your blog.

Btw: ancious is anxious, Shana-chan. Unless probably a typo.
Hehe, thanks Kasumi-chan! I'll fix that typo in future posts too lazy
Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
signature

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.