AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-05-21, 14:33   Link #201
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Hell, it's possible even Glenn's a better fighter than her. She may be an excellent teacher, but maybe she's not that great a fighter?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 14:49   Link #202
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It has been implied by both Glea and Ikfes that Ascheriit/Koinzell outclassed her teacher already.
I think their just spining around in a pool of perverted nonsense; not actually phrasing the question you answered.
Old 2009-05-21, 15:03   Link #203
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
^ I noticed the rondo beforehand, but considering the phrasing, this was basically half and half, and it seems I wasn't the only one who took seriously this question. No big deal either way. (and a "subtle" attempt to shift back the discussion on a more serious note)
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:07   Link #204
InstandLunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Who the hell are you talking about here? The Fairy? And who said "'the sins of our action that day will return"?

I read all the chapters...but I don't remember this happening...

And Volume 9...Is going to be amazing once its scanlated.
Glen said something like in the story. He was certain the future threat that the oracle(Or whatever) warned them about was caused by their actions that day.

And I was obviously talking about the fairy that Ash ate to saved his life.

If you had read the entire thing thoroughly, you should know about the fairy part at least.
InstandLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 21:10   Link #205
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
I think their just spining around in a pool of perverted nonsense; not actually phrasing the question you answered.
Thank you for noticing the metaphors in my post!
Old 2009-05-22, 11:57   Link #206
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Great.... now i can't look at Ms Glea without thinking she's a shotacon to Ascheritt.
Hah, that was amusing.

She appears more as a mother figure to Ascheritt. Imagine her reaction when she found out the boy she taught a long time ago, and despaired so much over his death, turned out to be... alive. (One of the moments I'm waiting in anticipation for.)
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 12:28   Link #207
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
Hah, that was amusing.

She appears more as a mother figure to Ascheritt. Imagine her reaction when she found out the boy she taught a long time ago, and despaired so much over his death, turned out to be... alive. (One of the moments I'm waiting in anticipation for.)
Me too I also am waiting for that moment too appear.
Old 2009-05-22, 13:30   Link #208
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Me too I also am waiting for that moment too appear.
Make that three coz that's one tear jerker moment i can't wait too see.
Old 2009-05-22, 14:31   Link #209
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstandLunch View Post
Glen said something like in the story. He was certain the future threat that the oracle(Or whatever) warned them about was caused by their actions that day.

And I was obviously talking about the fairy that Ash ate to saved his life.

If you had read the entire thing thoroughly, you should know about the fairy part at least.
Well I knew about the Fairy...but the way you talked made it seem like the Fairy was talking...

I didn't remember the Fairy doing anything other then being eaten so I was a little confused.

And if Glenn thinks the Calamity is caused by their actions...only reaction to what they did that I'm seeing is Ash becoming Konz and wanting revenge...And getting it along with support from some.

Spoiler for End of Volume 8/9:
Old 2009-05-23, 02:53   Link #210
InstandLunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Well I knew about the Fairy...but the way you talked made it seem like the Fairy was talking...

I didn't remember the Fairy doing anything other then being eaten so I was a little confused.

And if Glenn thinks the Calamity is caused by their actions...only reaction to what they did that I'm seeing is Ash becoming Konz and wanting revenge...And getting it along with support from some.

Spoiler for End of Volume 8/9:
I was talking about what are the chances that a fairy would come along and hop into the mouth of a man who just so happens to be dying.

I never said anything about the fairy talking.
InstandLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 08:43   Link #211
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Who knows? Maybe said Fairy was all like "oh noes! someone dying...lets see if I can save him!"

And Ash in his crazy raging state went down and ate her ass. No pun intended.
Old 2009-05-26, 11:29   Link #212
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I though the line was: "I don't know if I ate the feary or was taken in by it."

Looking at the outcome against the first of the 7 the "taken in by" sure looks accurate.
Old 2009-05-26, 12:41   Link #213
Xellos-_^
Married

did he eat the fairy or did the fairy eat him.
Old 2009-05-28, 13:40   Link #214
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Chp 69 is out.
Despite being the real villains of the the story, Glenn & two of the 7 heroes with beards look kinda cool.
Old 2009-05-31, 10:44   Link #215
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
What is up with Glenn?

Despite having been an absolute bastard, is he actually repenting what he did and trying to uphold order and justice for the people?

Or is it all just a facade?

Quite a kickass manga btw. Surprised it isn't more popular then it is atm.
Old 2009-05-31, 12:20   Link #216
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Convenient lies mixed with truth to ease the guilty concious.
Old 2009-05-31, 16:28   Link #217
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Convenient lies mixed with truth to ease the guilty conscience.
Exactly. He has consistently said he is regretful, but he's not going to cry about it or confess his sins. He was jealous of Ascheritt, and still does not seem to acknowledge that Ascheritt considered him a comrade. In other words, he's playing the sad hero whilst not really taking the burden of guilt.

Quote:
is he actually repenting what he did and trying to uphold order and justice for the people?
If he is trying. He is doing an amazingly bad job of it considering that of the seven heroes that have been formally introduced.
-One was kidnapping women and draining of them of life for immortality
-One became psychotic and ordered a city to be destroyed.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 16:38   Link #218
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
Exactly. He has consistently said he is regretful, but he's not going to cry about it or confess his sins. He was jealous of Ascheritt, and still does not seem to acknowledge that Ascheritt considered him a comrade. In other words, he's playing the sad hero whilst not really taking the burden of guilt.
OTOH, he may think like his man, whose name escapes me - that his being outed would be devastating for the empire. Yes, it's a highly self-serving way of thinking, but it's not necessarily wrong, especially if he is doing a good job as a statesman. Heck, Ascheritt thinks like that, too, and that's why he feels guilty about his vengeance. He just doesn't have the strength to let it go.

Quote:
If he is trying. He is doing an amazingly bad job of it considering that of the seven heroes that have been formally introduced.
-One was kidnapping women and draining of them of life for immortality
-One became psychotic and ordered a city to be destroyed.
Yeah, but maybe he just couldn't do much about it. They're heroes, they're doing it in their own fiefs and keeping things discreet... Heck, maybe he didn't really know. There's something rotten in the empire, and the heroes are a part of it, that's true. But it doesn't mean Glen wasn't doing what he could, insufficient as that was.
Old 2009-05-31, 16:53   Link #219
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He just doesn't have the strength to let it go.
Is this the hyped and bias "nothing will be born out of vengence" philosophy?

Justice is vengence. Justice is upheld by everyone, when left to some elite you risk great bias/corruption. Even in our society there's no justice of the elite but the vengence of the individual (if you do not press charges nothing will happen). If there are consequences to your "vengence" just make sure to nulify them with careful actions.

If its not just and justified its not vengence anymore but mindless rage.
Popular media sure likes to stick the vendeta label everywhere though.
Old 2009-05-31, 17:05   Link #220
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Is this the hyped and bias "nothing will be born out of vengence" philosophy?
Not really. Koinzell has only ever talked about his particular case, not vengeance in general. Heck, he didn't begrudge Ato for wanting to avenge her brother.

Quote:
Justice is vengence.
How so?

Quote:
Justice is upheld by everyone, when left to some elite you risk great bias/corruption.
Yeah, because lynch mobs are so impartial and fair. Why don't you visit Somalia, and come back to tell us about their marvelous justice system where everyone pitches in.

Quote:
Even in our society there's no justice of the elite but the vengence of the individual (if you do not press charges nothing will happen).
That's quite different from just picking up a weapon and getting back at the criminal directly. Also, it's a pretty messed up society where the victim of a murder needs to sue for the murderer to have to face a trial.

Quote:
If there are consequences to your "vengence" just make sure to nulify them with careful actions.
Not an option for Koinzell, I'm afraid.

Quote:
If its not just and justified its not vengence anymore but mindless rage.
Popular media sure likes to stick the vendeta label everywhere though.
Not sure where you're going with that.