AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-19, 17:52   Link #281
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well it would have worked if those gay macho dudes were actually funny...but they wernt unlike the way inukami handles it

but imo i think it all boils down to the development...which the writers are quite good at expressing imo ^^

(rewatched and lawled again at the end XD)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 19:23   Link #282
jtrog

With how well Mayu looks, she does not have to be a succubus to have that effect on any male.

I loved the end of the 3rd ep. The teacher was great.
Old 2007-10-19, 21:25   Link #283
zz6549

This is certainly one of better romance-comedy shows I have seen in quite awhile. Well animated, good characters, and a unique storyline.

However, they should've made Mayu's hair a different color to avoid the ever-present archetype of red-haired, large breasted anime girls.
zz6549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 21:59   Link #284
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, it would have made a bit more sense to have Mayu be black-haired and red-eyed and Reika be the 'fiery red head' ... ah well, it 'plays against type' a bit I guess.

It'd be harder to do that 'frightened moeblob' look with other color palettes I guess and Reika does look darn sexy wannabe dangerous with her color scheme.

Hmmm, I don't think it is anywhere near as funny as, say, Lovely*Complex or REC -- if you've not seen those you should. But it is an entertaining little farce and I'm getting my entertainment quotient out of most of it. Certainly it doesn't have much competition in that particular sub-genre this season. Everything else seems to be focusing on different things (romance drama, slice of life character study comedy).

So far, this is quite enjoyable (ignores the really lame buff crossdressing badly voiced men that Inukami handled much better but then these seemed irrelevant to the whole plot anyway unlike the Inukami guys).
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 01:04   Link #285
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
So far, this is quite enjoyable (ignores the really lame buff crossdressing badly voiced men that Inukami handled much better but then these seemed irrelevant to the whole plot anyway unlike the Inukami guys).
Well, yeah -- what was funny about the macho scenes to me wasn't the actual content, but the fact that it was just so poorly done that I think it had to be have been part of the joke. That and Hosaka's comment to preface it and Reika's "why isn't this working?!" -- it's sort of like the joke is that it's a really, really bad joke. But yeah, definitely not the high point of the episode, though the closing scenes had a lot of important material in them. "All's well that ends well" -- I'll just fast forward a few bits when I rewatch it.

It does make me wonder how those scenes were written in the original light novels -- maybe they just lamed it up in the adaptation, or maybe they really were that stupid in the original (or, who knows -- maybe they weren't in the original at all).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 03:32   Link #286
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Send a message via AIM to HunterRequiem
From this anime's history so far, I'm willing to say that the Inukami-esque macho guys were not supposed to be taken in any type of seriousness. They were just sort of the background weird crap that happens to befall poor shungo-kun. Somtimes, you just need to look at an anime and ask yourself the hard question: "Is this anime at all serious?" The short answer for this anime is as such: "Not at all." As someone said beforehand, they're just making fun of a weird anime cliche, but taking it to the limit ^_^
Old 2007-10-20, 06:50   Link #287
ElementSun

hehe the more this anime progresses the more supportive i become of Reika.

:P
ElementSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 11:37   Link #288
usagijen

Wow... just watched (and blogged) episode 3. It was the most hilarious episode so far, IMO. Lots of parodies thrown in, which I could actually relate to XD There's the cameo appearance of Kamen no Maid Guy, and some manga parodies stuffed in between.

I have no expectations for this show anymore. I've decided to rid myself of that. And that's in a good way. I think I'm just gonna ride along with much of this craziness XD It'll be great if they throw in more parodies, coz I love finding them, much like solving a puzzle :P

Last edited by usagijen; 2007-10-22 at 09:25.
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 22:08   Link #289
Seiryuu

Watching the sub of ep3 again, I thought of something. When Mayu says how Reika said it was "pointless"(while trying out bras), did anyone else think of a few posts made concerning the first My HiME omake?
As I recall, someone remarked there that he failed to see the point, to which a few quickly noted that there were two very obvious "points". In this case, I guess we've got a pair of little supporting points too...
As Hinako(my true favorite right now) said, Ninomiya really has his hands full, in more ways than one.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 05:02   Link #290
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

em ... yea

That aside, i am rather pleasantly surprised of Hinako and her character. Never though she would be used for much besides being the 'leader' of the Shungo harassment group, but the later half of the episode established her as a true character on her own, and quite likable at that. Mayu gets a bit of 'development' as well. Overall i was not very pleased with the initial direction of the episode, but in the end i walked away rather satisfied. Although the machos were eye soaring (and not that very funny), this show again proves to have a heart behind the ridiculous premise, and i like it for that

The most 'damaging' part to the experience thus far has to be Reika. She has no good points, and this episode just managed to earn her a few more bad ones. She is violent, jealous and somewhat spiteful. Only good thing is her morning posture, but if she would happen to fall in to a hole and stay there till the end of the series, i would not be the one complaining. *goes to look for a shovel*

The ED is rather nice and fitting, and i am throughly pleased with that, much like the OP. Looking towards the next ep
Old 2007-10-21, 05:55   Link #291
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
And as if i didnt see that coming ~ for reika to be "scheming" it is naturally a part of her personality to do so. In fact i would consider it as OOC if she doesnt try anything funny to get mayu away from ninomiya. Looking from her point of view i can feel sorry for her - besides being a maid now (which was something she was totally forced into, but then again she will be near ninomiya ) she also has to witness those absurd scenes every morning! would be strange if she doesnt get jealous

but in the end i think she has realised that scare tactics wont work so maybe she will deploy operation dere dere

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 11:30   Link #292
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Of course it is a part of her personality to be 'scheming' - thats what makes her unlikable after all

This series needs some Gif love as well, no ?

Old 2007-10-21, 12:37   Link #293
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Of course it is a part of her personality to be 'scheming' - thats what makes her unlikable after all

This series needs some Gif love as well, no ?

WOW SWEET nice!! thanks for sharing!
Genjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 13:37   Link #294
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
I'll snatch this one for now .... I enjoy Reika but even I won't deny she's got a lot of growing up to do...
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 15:02   Link #295
offchalk

Quote:

[/URL]
Can i use this one?
offchalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 15:09   Link #296
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Sure, go ahead
Old 2007-10-21, 15:14   Link #297
offchalk

Quote:
Sure, go ahead
Thank you
offchalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 16:01   Link #298
Midonin
Last Engage

I am definitely using one of those, as the ED is one of my favorites.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 16:41   Link #299
Echoes

Quote:
Mind if I use this one? I didn't see anyone else claim it yet. I simply adore it, so cute.

Thank you in advance. Both those gifs and this show delivers.
Old 2007-10-21, 16:52   Link #300
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Im starting to wonder how Ninomiya is going to survive for the rest of his life
looking forward to more of this series

Tags
aic spirits, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, kadokawa, romance, shounen