AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-10-09, 04:31   Link #101
Eclipze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Last time I checked this was done by AIC, the same people who brought you Girls Bravo (That's why the uniforms look the same) and Ah My Goddess. That's as well known as it gets.
Well, what I mean't by well known would be um...when a fan talks about how he/she wished series ______ was produced/remade by _______ animation studio. The regular response you'd get is KyoAni, Bones, Madhouse. Or for the bad reputed studios, we have Gonzo. (Note that this does not necessarily mean that their works are bad - just their reputation)

Nothing against the studio itself, just that I've never really heard of AIC since I've watched neither of the series, nor have I seen any posters here on AS mention them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Thanks for taking the time to clarify. Having watched the episode a few times now looking for "bad animation", I see your point in those scenes. They do stick out a bit (which is a bad thing, since it distracts), but not so much as to totally distract (at least for me). I guess my main thought was that this, and worse, is sort of par for the course these days. I wouldn't say, on the whole, that it's particularly bad, though they didn't quite nail a few scenes. All in all, if it stays at around this level for the rest of the run, I think it'll be just fine. The good outweighs the bad.
I kinda notice such things because...well, lets just say that I've been reading a lil too much of 7Th's posts on sakuga animation.

Like you said though, its not as though the episode is unwatchable - just not the best looking (and in some cases, executed) episode of the new season. Its still better done than Night Wizard though, and if I were to categorize the quality level, I'd say...Hayate no Gotoku.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
Overall this show, unexpectedly, felt like a breeze of fresh air to me. If asked to describe ep1 in one word, i would say "cute". This show felt to me like a cute and fluffy romance rather than anything else. Not what i expected from the premise, but this is a case when i am happy my expectations were not met, and very pleased with what i got.
Well, not exactly refreshing, but it is cute indeed. Seems to have potential to become the next Nanatsuiro★Drops in terms of cute romance development, if done right.
__________________
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 06:04   Link #102
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
Ep 1...

What the hell was that?

Ok, this is a fanservice anime, there's no secret about that. It may not be as explicit as something like Girls Bravo (which I guiltily admit I liked), but given the premise and the overwhelming moe, it's clear what this is. I'm reserving judgement at this stage, since the fact that it's not aiming for great heights it could never achieve could save it (like Nagasarete was saved), but there's already virtually no chance this is going to have anything resembling a well-written story. In fact, the whole concept of the succubus has already killed any chance of there being relationship development, since they can only go so far (unless a magical deus ex machina down the track either cures the moeblob of her succubus-ness or something similarly stupid like that). Actually, that whole component of the premise reminds me a bit of Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo, where they somehow became married despite the fact that they weren't allowed to kiss. That sort of thing raises some interesting themes to explore, like how do you have a romantic relationship when the physical part of it is forbidden? Although, now that this has resigned itself to being a fanservice anime, I kind of hope it doesn't go down that path, since I don't this has the poise to be able to pull that sort of thing off properly.

My guess is that this could be anything between mildly entertaining and totally stupid. I don't think it'll be much more than that, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
bleh - everyone is a critic

what ever happened to the saying of "if you dont like dont watch!"
Yeah, but if I don't watch, how can I complain about it?
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 06:22   Link #103
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
In fact, the whole concept of the succubus has already killed any chance of there being relationship development, since they can only go so far (unless a magical deus ex machina down the track either cures the moeblob of her succubus-ness or something similarly stupid like that).

No, it has not. Besides the fact there is nothing to indicate he would actually die if he were to kiss her, (He can touch her just fine, only way to find out what a kiss would do is to try) if you actually pay attention to the OP there is a part of two kids sharing a kiss. Chances of the two not being our main characters should be somewhere in arctic. Since he is alive and kicking we can safely assume he is not about to drop dead anytime soon.

I can't see what about this show would earn it the amount of dislike evident in your post. (Then again this is hardly anything new for me, so we will just have to agree to disagree )
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 06:49   Link #104
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
I never said I disliked this. I just don't think it's going to do anything special. I could be proven wrong yet, but, well, it'd surprise me.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 08:50   Link #105
Thingle
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Imperial Manila, Philippines
got the m33w version of the sub. Will follow the series..
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 08:56   Link #106
mdauben
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a world all my own
Just watched Goshūshō-sama Ninomiya-kun this morning, and so far I really like what I see. Looks to me like it has the potential for a really sweet romantic comedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
In fact, the whole concept of the succubus has already killed any chance of there being relationship development, since they can only go so far (unless a magical deus ex machina down the track either cures the moeblob of her succubus-ness or something similarly stupid like that).
I'm not sure if that is actually true.
Spoiler for Mayu:

I don't see any block to a relationship there.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 10:06   Link #107
Ashlotte
Clockwork
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Aw comeon Sorrow have you forgotten Chobits already...All of the relationship with none of physicality.

As for this...Aha im not really sure whats going on to be honest. It was very well animated though thats for sure, but I got kinda lost in the wackiness of the plot a couple times there.

Atleast with her power she can force the lead to actually make a move and not be completely terrified of the female body...
__________________

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 10:15   Link #108
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
I never said I disliked this. I just don't think it's going to do anything special. I could be proven wrong yet, but, well, it'd surprise me.
To be honest, i dont think that it will be anything special either but it will be a fun, relaxed series to watch. For series like these i tend to be more relaxed about the happenings and while not expecting too much in terms of "zomg this is the best romance this season! epixs!!" i do think that it will be a fun, enjoyable ride if you see it that way (and ofc avoiding being too critical about it, which always spoils the fun for series that dont exactly need that kind of thought - this isnt like clannad or DCII where the whole plot may be hindered on the storytelling).
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 10:18   Link #109
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Netherlands
Age: 28
Fun relaxed series are underrated. :| My favorite type of genre though.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 10:22   Link #110
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
I was actually surprised by the amount of heart already in the first episode. I thought it was just going to be fanservice hell (nothing wrong with that) for the whole episode. Judging by that amount of heart --- i'm sure we'll see some nice romance that'll shine sometime in the future of this series.

That and some backstory on the Ninomiya and his family, if that happens.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 10:43   Link #111
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I'm not sure if that is actually true.
Spoiler for Mayu:

I don't see any block to a relationship there.
Agreed. There's nothing forbidding a physical realtionship between them (otherwise, they wouldn't be trying to encourage it), just that it's a bit risky at the moment.
Spoiler:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 11:36   Link #112
Eclipze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore
Erm, I wonder who the heck carried the unconscious Mayu and Shungo (after she dropped on Shungo from the helicopter) to the nurse's office, nevermind that they were placed on the same bed. Considering that the people nearest to them at that moment were the group of male classmates, I wonder why they didn't go "cute, cute!" zombie mode almost instantly? Maybe her powers don't "leak" out when she's unconscious?

I mean, chances are that they were the ones to carry our main characters to the nurse's office, right?
__________________
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 11:40   Link #113
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
You forgot the brother was on the helicopter and he has specific reason to put them in bed.

Spoiler for haven't you figured it out yet?:
__________________
My Favorite Anime Quotes Courtesy of Answerman of ANN:

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 13:10   Link #114
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Netherlands
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
You forgot the brother was on the helicopter and he has specific reason to put them in bed.

Spoiler for haven't you figured it out yet?:
But that sounds so weak. I'm always an avid supporter of the it was because of love! Love makes the world go round dammit. >.> <.<

On a serious note I was hopping the dude was just that bad-ass that he could handle it. :O
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 14:27   Link #115
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Okay, just watched episode 1 ... heh! heh hehe

Okay, we've got Big Sis "Tomb Raider" with a little bro coming up in the skills. Big Sis also appears to be a voyeur .... which probably means she never has time to hook up with someone and get laid.

And we've answered the Big Question of "how do you out-Mikuru the moe-blob concept" ... answer: make her a succubus who's afraid of men.

Incubus is kind of annoying but appears to be Mr. Exposition.

The storyline intro was wierd and kind of disjointed (what kind of school is this anyway? The upgraded lethal version of Tokimeki?) but I have to admit the two lead characters are cute enough to keep watching.

Now that the joke premise is set... we'll have to see if they can be entertaining for the rest of the series.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 14:54   Link #116
Ashlotte
Clockwork
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Yea the school was what threw me off the most...I get the whole crazy older brother/older sister bit, but what the hell is with all the random things falling from the sky and people taking the time to construct pitfalls.

Oh well I guess maybe it ill make sense in the next couple of episodes I hope...The best I can hope for is no fanclubs crop up for her. Thats one anime cliche that I wish would just vanish.


*Random last thought* Shungo has to live in one of the loveliest houses ive ever seen...I want!!! *end thought*
__________________

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 14:56   Link #117
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Yea the school was what threw me off the most...I get the whole crazy older brother/older sister bit, but what the hell is with all the random things falling from the sky and people taking the time to construct pitfalls.
Pretty much because everyone, including the author, loves Shungo's "troubled face".
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 17:04   Link #118
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I love seeing his troubled face - just makes my heart all warm and fuzzy :3

But this isnt a realistic situation where the "laws" of the natural world can be applied so i think it would be best to ignore any such logic

(say the way he dislocated his shoulder just to get out of that situation was pretty neat :3)
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2007-10-09 at 17:34.
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 17:32   Link #119
UPR
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
(say they way he dislocated his shoulder just to get out of that situation was pretty neat :3)
an jumped from the 4th floor.
__________________
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 18:19   Link #120
Shana
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via MSN to Shana
I really didn't liked ep1 >< was all fanservise,

Spoiler for Episode 01:


Well, I'll give a 2nd oportunity to this series. I'll watch for ep2
Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aic spirits, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, kadokawa, romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.