AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-09, 19:23   Link #121
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Ep 1...

What the hell was that?

Ok, this is a fanservice anime, there's no secret about that. It may not be as explicit as something like Girls Bravo (which I guiltily admit I liked), but given the premise and the overwhelming moe, it's clear what this is. I'm reserving judgement at this stage, since the fact that it's not aiming for great heights it could never achieve could save it (like Nagasarete was saved), but there's already virtually no chance this is going to have anything resembling a well-written story. In fact, the whole concept of the succubus has already killed any chance of there being relationship development, since they can only go so far (unless a magical deus ex machina down the track either cures the moeblob of her succubus-ness or something similarly stupid like that). Actually, that whole component of the premise reminds me a bit of Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo, where they somehow became married despite the fact that they weren't allowed to kiss. That sort of thing raises some interesting themes to explore, like how do you have a romantic relationship when the physical part of it is forbidden? Although, now that this has resigned itself to being a fanservice anime, I kind of hope it doesn't go down that path, since I don't this has the poise to be able to pull that sort of thing off properly.

My guess is that this could be anything between mildly entertaining and totally stupid. I don't think it'll be much more than that, though.

Yeah, but if I don't watch, how can I complain about it?
First, there is PLENTY room for development. As I said before, it seems like many anime characters, and viewers, seem to think there's no relationship if there's no chance of going some distance, and I admire a character that would assert that much of that distance should be reserved until the relationship has reached such a level that both are committed to never having someone else. Some of the best marriages I've seen occurred between people who didn't even kiss until they'd said "I do". Besides, the entire point of their relationship is teaching the girl to control her power so she can have a normal relationship by keeping her around the one normal man who CAN touch her.
Also, I don't like the constant use of the word "fanservice". It's just too broad. Some recognize it as anything that's not necessary but is there for the fans, some think it's any situation they can think of that way, or any bit of underwear/nudity. This series is very reserved, with just a few "bad" scenes here and there. Even the girl who was so busy sexually harassing the hero never really showed anything. You say "fanservice series" and some people will walk away expecting all sorts of stuff that isn't there. That's why I hold this is low-service, high-suggestion/innuendo. It could still wind up being bad, or great. Time will tell on that.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 19:36   Link #122
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
I really didn't liked ep1 >< was all fanservise,

Spoiler for Episode 01:

Well, I'll give a 2nd oportunity to this series. I'll watch for ep2
You'll pardon me if I find that quote coupled with your avatar a bit amusing. (bounce bounce bounce)

I'm kind of thinking like Seiryuu .... they've really been fairly restrained except for that one flash kitchen scene.... Hell the poor girl can't even bow properly without blowing male circuits - kind of feel sorry for her.... but then that's the Power of Moe-blob Enhanced.

Ah well..... got a nasty Team Rocket feel with the brother's random use of chopper (they never did explain that). We'll see if they focus on the lame gags or what might be an interesting relationship between a special human who can withstand and a succubus.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 23:14   Link #123
ZODDGUTS

Some of you guys are thinking too hard not everything in this type of series needs a logical explanation.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 18:26   Link #124
UPR

did ep2 air?
Old 2007-10-10, 18:39   Link #125
problemedchild
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
did ep2 air?
No. Check back Thursday.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 19:56   Link #126
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
No. Check back Thursday.
Really. Ok so that's weird. Airing the 1st ep one day then the 2nd ep another. Does anybody know why? Is it a good thing or bad?
Old 2007-10-10, 20:21   Link #127
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Really. Ok so that's weird. Airing the 1st ep one day then the 2nd ep another. Does anybody know why? Is it a good thing or bad?
It's not necessarily either good or bad. The show's airing on 14 different channels, and I guess for some reason the first channel to air the show last week decided to air it on a different day for subsequent weeks (or more like, they aired it early the first week). So now the first airing channel is Teletama, Thursdays at "25:30" (a.k.a. Fridays at 1:30am).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 20:27   Link #128
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well finally checked out the sub for this one. Wasn't sure what to expect since a couple blogs weren't flattering. But I enjoyed this first one. The main character is a good guy who has to go through some rough situations. Though I think guarding a succubus who could kill him if he loses control from guys who are drawn to her like crazy, which only gets worse since she has a fear of men....going to be a very busy time for him. Fighting the bear was probably easier .

Had its nice and funny moments and just kept me smiling throughout. Of course the next episode should get interesting with that other girl getting dropped into the mix. While some new series have been alright but haven't really gotten me interested this one has done a good job of it.

Looking back I hadn't noticed he dislocated his shoulder to get away. Damn that's a pretty serious way to get out of a situation.
Old 2007-10-10, 21:20   Link #129
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Bah, that's old school, remember Lethal Weapon?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 21:47   Link #130
Pell14

I liked this anime the most among the rest which was released in oct haha. I am betting on minami-ke although
Pell14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 21:55   Link #131
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Bah, that's old school, remember Lethal Weapon?
True enough. Though I can't honestly remember the last time I saw someone pull a similar stunt since Lethal Weapon. Those were good movies, nothing beats running after vehicles on foot.
Old 2007-10-11, 09:34   Link #132
usagijen

I actually can't believe that I'm enjoying this show XD I'm supposed to be a fanservice-hater (fanservice for men that is )!!

I think this is the one that made me chuckle the most out of all the other animes this season LOL. There are times where you can't help but laugh at the inexplicable and random situations, and the overall ridiculousness of the characters perhaps... but well, I found it really entertaining XD

As for the room for development, hmm... those who have read Wikipedia or the novels will know a bit of spoilerish info about this.
Spoiler:

I poked some fun with the first episode summary I made of it, because it's a show that certainly can't be taken seriously. And, I was supposed to make a short and sweet (and sarcastic) post, but failed. =__='''

In any case if anyone wants to read my thoughts on the first episode...
First Taste of GS Ninomiya-kun

I'm still not reading the novels at this point... just browsed through the piccies hehe. I find the tender moments between Shungo and Mayu, really sweet. I had another view on Reika as well, after seeing some scenes from the further volumes...
Old 2007-10-11, 16:21   Link #133
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
If mayu is a succubus then ninomiya is defintly a incubus

ep 2
Spoiler:

This series is definitly a keeper to fill in the "silly fun but really cute and heart warming gap" in my chest :3

seriously though for those who are expecting something "less fun" might be disappointed

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 16:35   Link #134
UPR

Lucky Ba*****. And defenitly not expect that from Mayu actually taunting Reika that was great. This is defenitly a great series. And fanservice is done really well and were it does not take over the series and let's you enjoy it. And the romance is great Mayu x Ninomiya FTW!!!! but great Reika is a serious contender.
Old 2007-10-11, 16:38   Link #135
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

This season's inescapable guilty pleasure. Like Umishou, it seems to be a fanservice show with a good heart. Anyway, I can't possibly ignore an anime that gives Kadowaki Mai the prominent role I've been waiting for for three years. And Sawashiro Miyuki makes a real ojou-sama.
Spoiler for ep2:
Here is a pic of Kadowaki Mai (Mayu). Her eyesight is so bad that she has to wear both contacts and glasses. She uses a panda to symbolize herself. She can draw well, and is a good photographer, as her two blogs can attest. She recently turned 27. She was Miru in Lemon Angel Project, Souju in the Futakois, Illya in F/SN, Behoimi in PaniPoni, and is Mimi in Kodomo no Jikan.

MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-10-11 at 16:49.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 16:42   Link #136
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
screen caps-
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-11, 16:58   Link #137
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I was trying to figure out why Reika's voice sounds familiar. I just realized that the VA (forgot her name) did also the voice of Shinku from Rozen Maiden. And can someone tell me what was Mayu was singing that made Reika irritated?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 18:26   Link #138
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

And so, episode 2 ...
Spoiler:

This show is a definite keeper for me. A very enjoyable experience overall, and who can not love the absolute moe-blob that is our local succubus
Old 2007-10-11, 19:25   Link #139
Nergy

Send a message via MSN to Nergy Send a message via Yahoo to Nergy
I'm liking this anime so far after the first episode. Some of the humour gets a little lost, but the essentials are there and i can see it getting better.

As long as it stays away from extreme Harem-ness. I think i'll keep watching.

Also, surely the male would be called an Incubus, not a Succubus as he called himself in the anime. Ah well.
Nergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 19:32   Link #140
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
This season's inescapable guilty pleasure. Like Umishou, it seems to be a fanservice show with a good heart. Anyway, I can't possibly ignore an anime that gives Kadowaki Mai the prominent role I've been waiting for for three years. And Sawashiro Miyuki makes a real ojou-sama.
Spoiler for ep2:
Here is a pic of Kadowaki Mai (Mayu). Her eyesight is so bad that she has to wear both contacts and glasses. She uses a panda to symbolize herself. She can draw well, and is a good photographer, as her two blogs can attest. She recently turned 27. She was Miru in Lemon Angel Project, Souju in the Futakois, Illya in F/SN, Behoimi in PaniPoni, and is Mimi in Kodomo no Jikan.

Very.. very.. cute....
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aic spirits, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, kadokawa, romance, shounen