AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-18, 09:41   Link #381
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Eventually, i hope CR sort their licensing so other countries can watch certain shows.
I hope CR fixes their site in general. Getting support even as a paying member is next to impossible, their forums don't hold a candle to AS, and the series selection is hit and miss at best. After being a paying member for a year, I finally canceled my account yesterday. Just couldn't take the idea I was PAYING for that when I much prefer the conversations and stuff here.

To get back on topic, I wonder if the point to putting it on CR is as a cheap way for the company to see just how much interest there might be in releasing a DVD subbed set?
Old 2009-09-18, 09:49   Link #382
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
I hope CR fixes their site in general. Getting support even as a paying member is next to impossible, their forums don't hold a candle to AS, and the series selection is hit and miss at best. After being a paying member for a year, I finally canceled my account yesterday. Just couldn't take the idea I was PAYING for that when I much prefer the conversations and stuff here.

To get back on topic, I wonder if the point to putting it on CR is as a cheap way for the company to see just how much interest there might be in releasing a DVD subbed set?
The way I see it, I'm just paying for the opportunity to watch shows as they air in Japan. Anything else the site offers doesn't enter into my equation.

So, as long as they have shows I want to watch (ie., Saki) I'll remain a paying member. If they don't air any shows I'm interested in, I'll let it lapse.

Btw, one the AnimeOnDVD forums Quarkboy (freelance CR-hired translator of many shows, including Saki, Shugo Chara, Hyakko, etc) put in his sig that he's currently working on translation for four shows "Coming this fall." So we should be seeing some new announcements from CR soon.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 10:29   Link #383
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
The way I see it, I'm just paying for the opportunity to watch shows as they air in Japan. Anything else the site offers doesn't enter into my equation.
Well, that is part of what I thought I was paying for also. But I was having a number of technical problems with the streaming, and ended up getting put in a round robin of support emails. For a "free" member I could understand you're not going to get much. But a paying member ought to at least get enough help to get the service they are supposedly paying for.

Regardless, am still curious about whether this bodes well for a DVD release, or maybe even a second season - in which case you'd want to drum up interest from reshowing the first, sort of like Haruhi did (although hopefully without the E8 segment).
Old 2009-09-18, 10:33   Link #384
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
See it's alright for me because i watch a lot of now airing shows on CR, and having them just after they air is what i like to see.

Can't wait to find out their list for next season.
Old 2010-05-01, 07:24   Link #385
Dark Paladin X

Wow, sketchbook ~full colors~ is an interesting series (I did manage to watch the first episode yesterday). But the question is that who will license this series and dub it. I haven't really heard any anime series that were legally streamed at Crunchyroll that was later licensed and then dubbed. This is mainly because I heard licensors and dubbing studios have little interests in anime series that have already been streamed online legally and legitimately.

But anyways, if this series gets licensed, I was thinking that either Media Blaster, Dentsu Entertainment, Section23, or NIS America may pick the series up. I'm not sure about a dub, but I did came up with a quick dub cast (around the bottom of the post). Needless to say, it may be really difficult to dub because the series does take some use and jokes of English phrases (particularly from Kate).

But then again, something being streamed in Crunchyroll and something being licensed are two whole different things.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 11:57   Link #386
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't want a dub. I just can't imagine anyone else as Kate...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 14:33   Link #387
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I don't want a dub. I just can't imagine anyone else as Kate...
Well, I had Kate Higgins in my mind to voice the character of the same name. However, as I've pointed out, there are a few flaws for a dub for this series. Such as:

1) How are some of the English related jokes and phrases will be translated for the dub (particularly from Kate and Buchi)?
2) The series is streamed in Crunchyroll, so anime licensors like Section23, Media Blasters, etc. would have very little interest on licensing the series (or dub the series).

While I am a dub fan, I don't see how Sketchbook would be worth while for a dub. I would personally would love to see a dub, but it would never happen for a million years (judging by how bad the anime dubbing industry is going).

Last edited by Dark Paladin X; 2010-05-01 at 14:59.
Old 2010-08-27, 12:02   Link #388
Dark Paladin X

I tried to rewatch the series at Crunchyroll, but I found out they removed episodes 2-13 late June. Has anyone figured out why they removed those episodes? Unless if someone picks it up for a DVD release at North America or pick it up for dubbing, I want to know the actual reason.
Old 2010-08-27, 14:40   Link #389
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post
I tried to rewatch the series at Crunchyroll, but I found out they removed episodes 2-13 late June. Has anyone figured out why they removed those episodes? Unless if someone picks it up for a DVD release at North America or pick it up for dubbing, I want to know the actual reason.
I don't think they've announced the reason, but it's almost certainly licensing related (even if that doesn't mean the anime has been "licensed" for home media release). Sometimes these streaming licenses are limited time deals, perhaps done with the intentions of ascertaining market interest, or perhaps as some sort of other package deal. Perhaps they had an opportunity to renew the license, but it would have cost too much money given the amount of hits the show generated in its first run? Of course, that's only speculation...

It'll be nice once they get this sort of thing figured out.
Old 2010-08-27, 16:35   Link #390
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh that's a shame. I was thinking about rewatching this series pretty soon, and now i've heard my source for doing so doesn't have the episodes .

I hope this problem can be sorted soon.
Old 2010-08-27, 19:24   Link #391
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

meh... yet another small example of why streaming tends to be DOA - unreliability of access.
Old 2012-02-06, 16:48   Link #392
Flower
Celestial operations....

Just finished up this series the other day - and really, really liked it: that is, stuff like this is exactly my "cup of tea".

Must admit that the OP has quickly become a favorite of mine - both the lyrics and the accompanying music are quite touching.

If you liked the Aria series I have a feeling you will also like this one (it even seems some of the overall staff that worked on some of the Aria series were gathered together to work on this one as well).
Old 2012-02-06, 21:14   Link #393
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This is a good show, but it's all about "Hello, my name is" Kate for me...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 17:57   Link #394
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

When I saw this anime the only thing I could remember is the cats! xD
is so cute!!!
Old 2012-05-16, 03:52   Link #395
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
When I saw this anime the only thing I could remember is the cats! xD