AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-12, 23:43   Link #61
monir
cho~ kakkoii

My favorite scene from the episode 2:

Such a great feeling of comfort when watching the show. My dream is to get me a place like this where it will have an open grassy field with endless autumn for a season. All I'll do is lie down on the grass, look at the cloud, and just be lazy. And at night I'll count the stars. Sigh~~~
Old 2007-10-13, 03:29   Link #62
4ran

Send a message via AIM to 4ran Send a message via MSN to 4ran Send a message via Yahoo to 4ran
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
I was about to say no subbing love for this anime? And then I see (MFI). I want to call someone bitch.
what do you mean?
Old 2007-10-13, 03:47   Link #63
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ran View Post
what do you mean?
MFI series that are subbed, even if unlicensed, will still not be listed on animesuki. Therefore, even if Sketchbook gets subbed, the release will not be listed here.
Old 2007-10-13, 17:20   Link #64
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
what do you mean?
Just read the first post of this thread. And for some strange reason, the thread is now moved to the Fansubbed forum, I wonder why
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 21:39   Link #65
Midonin
Last Engage

Just what I've been waiting for.

With so many new shows this season (and I like all of them in one way or another), Sketchbook, even after only one episode, has become one of my favorites. Sora's so easily likable, and everyone else in the art club looks the same. Natsumi's scene with her hand puppets was cute, as was the drawing of darkness and the paintbrush cat ears. I also liked Sora drawing the bowling alley cat. Wasn't expecting that.

The OP and ED are soothing to the mind, and well...overall, I love it. Can't wait for episodes to come.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 00:28   Link #66
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I hereby nominate Sora as the 2007 MLHACOTY -- Most Lovable & Huggable Anime Character Of The Year. I WANT TO HUG HER SO MUCH!

*cough*cough*

Seriously, man. This show takes an AzuDai-level character cast and mixes it with ARIA-like pure slice of life--simply a brilliant combination. Music is excellently fitting, also apparently a Hal Film Maker trademark imported directly from ARIA.

THIS is what I want people to watch when they go praising Lucky Star as a slice of life show. Sketchbook has more slice of life in one single episode than Lucky Star in its whole season.

Definitely looking forward to seeing more of this--it has already risen to my most enjoyed series this season. The only thing that looks like might be topping it is Ghost Hound, and that one hasn't even aired yet.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.

Last edited by WanderingKnight; 2007-10-14 at 02:41.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 03:20   Link #67
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Seeing the MFI tag next to Sketchbook at first bummed me out, but I finally got to see the first episode. It's a very charming and peaceful series, and plenty humorous, especially with the characters' expressions. On top of that, Sora is absolutely adorable. I'll definitely keep up with this.

And since so very many people have kept mentioning it in this thread and how Sketchbook is similar, I am now going to have to go watch all of the Aria series. From the descriptions and comments the show has gotten around here, I'm kind of surprised I haven't already.
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 08:32   Link #68
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Haha I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw Aria on top of the bowling alley.

Ah but what to say about the first episode...it was...blissful? Guess ill go with that word heh. Sora is just too damn adorable for words. Absolutely loved all her cute little quirks and reactions to things.

And ill agree wandering LS didnt really do much for me in the end. This however has already won me over from the first episode.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 14:42   Link #69
Woland
Latin Rascal

In the meantime I made a Negi-set(to), for those who are interested

Old 2007-10-14, 15:04   Link #70
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ah... my journey to the darkside is complete... anyway --- even more delightful an episode than I thought. Makes me really wish that we could get more small niche anime just subbed and released in R1. A lot of the MFI products are charming but they just SIT on them.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 15:08   Link #71
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
what do you mean?
Well at the time of that post there where no indication of it getting subbed.

Anyhow I'm happy. ^^
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 18:18   Link #72
Dop
We can't stop here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
ah... my journey to the darkside is complete... anyway --- even more delightful an episode than I thought. Makes me really wish that we could get more small niche anime just subbed and released in R1. A lot of the MFI products are charming but they just SIT on them.
I'm completely in agreement, having re-watched the first episode I love this series. So many MFI series I've enjoyed don't get licenced, but they should! All I want is legitimate English subtitled DVDs. If they make them I will buy them!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 09:36   Link #73
Jiji
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Should be "Sketchbook ~full color's~", or "Sketchbook" for short. Sketch-full is just something they came up with for the URL because it'd be impossible to find a domain with a common word like "sketchbook".
Very late reply to this, but...

I found out the hard way, searching for manga raws on Share, that the titles are this way:

Manga: Sketchbook (nothing else, just "Sketchbook", sometimes found as "Sketch book".)

Anime: Sketchbook ~full color'S~

At least, that's how it's handled on Share. I couldn't find manga raws at all until I deleted the "~full color'S~" part of the title. :/ Just to let people know who might be on the hunt for manga raws like I was...
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 12:52   Link #74
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Right -- yeah. The "~full color's~" bit is just a subtitle they added for the anime. The original work is, simply, "Sketchbook".

In some ways, this anime almost feels like (note, I'm not saying it is) a training project at Hal for people who can go on to work on Aria. Not that I'm complaining at all -- it's great!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 13:05   Link #75
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
In the meantime I made a Negi-set(to), for those who are interested
I'll be claiming this sig

Oh, and has anyone mentioned the fabulous Opening theme yet? It's so simple yet beautiful, conveying the mood of 'lying in the grass under a blue sky' perfectly. <3
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 13:15   Link #76
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwasatou View Post
Oh, and has anyone mentioned the fabulous Opening theme yet? It's so simple yet beautiful, conveying the mood of 'lying in the grass under a blue sky' perfectly. <3
It's such a simple, peaceful theme with the guitar chords creating the kind of atmosphere you see in the OP...it's the perfect song to wake up to, listen before you go to sleep...I love it.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 13:31   Link #77
Jiji
*Scanlator

Quote:
In some ways, this anime almost feels like (note, I'm not saying it is) a training project at Hal for people who can go on to work on Aria. Not that I'm complaining at all -- it's great!
I wouldn't be surprised about that at all if it were true. There was another anime a few years ago that had that kind of feel...can't remember what it was now...

And yes, for trainees, they're GREAT, so far as I can see. I'm not crazy about the design for the faces, but the voice acting and animation have lent them a grace and warmth of feeling that eliminates any quibbles I might have. <3
Old 2007-10-15, 13:54   Link #78
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

As usual, ymmv. I actually find the facial designs pretty refreshing.... the two sempai involved in the bug chase (sorry still learning names) are quite eccentrically drawn. Its almost like every character has their own artist who got to use their own style.

I'm still laughing at the neko-nya moment with the paint brushes. That was totally out of left field from what I was expecting from "darkness" girl.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 14:03   Link #79
Jiji
*Scanlator

Yeah, when you mention Juju-sempai and Kuri-sempai, I have to go back on what I said slightly... Juju's face reminds me of the faces in Yokohama Kaidashii Kikou.

Last edited by Jiji; 2007-10-15 at 14:29.
Old 2007-10-15, 15:22   Link #80
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Indeed it seems a pretty good exercise to keep warm the staff who are going to work on "Origination". Better not allow them to slack too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwasatou View Post
I'll be claiming this sig
Let me know if you want any kind of text on it (maybe with a msg to not monopolize the thread)

Last edited by Woland; 2007-10-15 at 15:34.
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, hal, school life, seinen, slice of life