AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 26 31.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 39.02%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 19.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-05-04, 08:10   Link #421
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Wait...! I WAS refering to Verossa x Carim! GAH!

CHOTTO-MATTE KUDASAI!!! I meant Verossa x Carim, and that's wrong bec nuns are supposed to be celibate (I think)!

But Verossa x Chrono would be as sudden as the Kurogane x Fye I heard that popped out from the manga recently, even though that's gonna be a hell lotta fun. And it'll be a testament to how horny Chrno is...
Ahh i see thought you were refering to Chrono because of the other posts before it >< sorry
Old 2007-05-04, 08:14   Link #422
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Good grief, no. Those are her stockings (or thigh-high socks, or whatever the Hell girls call them), not bandages. Seriously.

Natch.
If you're refering to me , I'm simply tackling the problem with two attacks, just in case they refused to believe it's a stocking
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 09:04   Link #423
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
CHOTTO-MATTE KUDASAI!!! I meant Verossa x Carim, and that's wrong bec nuns are supposed to be celibate (I think)!
Who ever said she's a nun? She's a priest.

Women can be priests (and bishops) in the Anglican Church, and married and the whole nine yards.

The same holds true for Shinto, as I recall, with priesthood even running in family lines.
Old 2007-05-04, 09:15   Link #424
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post

Women can be priests (and bishops) in the Anglican Church, and married and the whole nine yards.

The same holds true for Shinto, as I recall, with priesthood even running in family lines.
She's a mix.

Her title as 'Knight' suggest that she's strong enough for combat (Though whether she's a 'support' or a 'fighter' is another thing...), And her role as leader of the Saint Church makes her a 'priest' of some sort I guess...

... So when added up, 'Paladin' would be more accurate...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 10:11   Link #425
Aaron008R

Well, I just watched the subbed episode. Here are some of my weekly comments:
Spoiler:
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 10:50   Link #426
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post

Yeah well you only have nuns appearing in ecchi flicks don't they? Looks like the inneudo was too subtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
She's a mix.

Her title as 'Knight' suggest that she's strong enough for combat (Though whether she's a 'support' or a 'fighter' is another thing...), And her role as leader of the Saint Church makes her a 'priest' of some sort I guess...

*nods* Nm! Cleric-knight is the term I use for the full Holy type of Velka warrior, even though to be Velka is to be affiliated with the Sancti by virtue of their sigil/magic circle, to go with their obsession with the "Knight" word.

Last edited by Kha; 2007-05-04 at 11:35.
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 12:19   Link #427
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida Send a message via Skype™ to johnishida
Pretty nice Episode indeed! Can't wait for next since Vita will be on it xDD

Transformation escenes were all pretty amazing. I liked Teana's best may because it was rather original. The powered up Devices were also pretty amazing, they have the same Drive Ignition thing that RH and Bardiche got in A's. Can they also change form? Sure they can.

A bit of Caro's harsh past, exiled just because she the strongest of the Dragon Summoners... That is rather stupid from my point of view.

The Type 2 Gadget was pretty strong has expected, it can expand its AMF field, four lasers and two arm like weapons but, just a little power up can defeat... What happened to the AMF that it had arround? Did it turn it off when Erio went for the second round or did Caro's Power Up protected Erio's Device? Just like when Teana used a barrier arround her shot during training...

Also, it seems that, just like Fate, Erio may be clone from the Project F or Fate Project. Either that or that project had other objetives apart from creating clones.
Old 2007-05-04, 12:47   Link #428
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
SO they will be training the newbs huh.
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 13:04   Link #429
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post

The Type 2 Gadget was pretty strong has expected, it can expand its AMF field, four lasers and two arm like weapons but, just a little power up can defeat... What happened to the AMF that it had arround? Did it turn it off when Erio went for the second round or did Caro's Power Up protected Erio's Device? Just like when Teana used a barrier arround her shot during training...
Correct : Caro buffed Strada with 2 effects : Enchanter Field Invalid (errr... this is engrish right? it doesn't seem to be quite natural) and Strike Power.
Obviously, the first boost works the same way as Taena tactic (which would explan why Strada extended blade was pink) : Either protecting the energy blade from the AMF, or nullifying AMF effect by another field of the same type.

My comment of the week :
  • Caro's Backstory is really interesting : unstable CUTE glass cannon . joke aside, i'm wondering if Friedrich has more "level up", or if caro has other pets
  • Henshin : oi oi... i felt the fanservice was really overboard (especially Nanoha XD), but well... i can't complain, especially we waited 5 episodes for them (hell no, OP tiny henshin sequences mean nothing )
  • Erio just ROCKS (Henshin + bravery + Style).
  • Fate using her mother figure with caro (i can easely imagine her, walking with erio and caro holding her hands, laughing happily the three of them ^^)
  • Teana's screetime is... utterly short T_T
  • Caro + Erio is just the best part of the episode IMO. the chibi lightning team won't be pampered by Subaru and Teana, which is great news
  • Strada is Laevateinn MKII, seriously oO (Zanber like attack? wait, is it really a spear? considering the extended blade, it could be used as a bad ass sword XD)
Solid 9 for this episode. just a bit disappointed they are back to training... (but considering the preview, vita will be back, huhu :3 )
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 13:04   Link #430
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
SO they will be training the newbs huh.
vita will be more like torturing them

*whack a mole
Old 2007-05-04, 13:18   Link #431
Meophist
Tell me who I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

*whack a mole
Thankfully, Vita has a limiter.

Edit: She DOES have a limiter, right?
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 13:49   Link #432
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Thankfully, Vita has a limiter.

Edit: She DOES have a limiter, right?
Yep, Nanoha specifically said she and Signum have limiters in episode 4.
Loner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 14:25   Link #433
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Well i finaly got to watch this episode and haven't been able to read all ofve this post so i might post about soemthign that was already mentioned discussed.

And the first and major point I wanna talk about is Caro. After her words in the helicopter that she decided her path. After her parents banashied her away at the age ofve 6 for mastering the summoning of the silver and black dragons. After that guy advising Fate not to take her tha the only use she could be is only to send on a mision were the objective would be only to slauter everyone there. It is my belif that that long pink haired girl with the summuning circle in the intro is Caro. Only he fullpower has awaken and/or she just totaly lost control over it. If she did lose control, my only current expectation for that would be something happen to Erio that was realy bad.

Wich then one could speculate that the person from project F that the mad scientis will manage to capture will be Erio. Obvious reson is that getting Fate would be pure suicide.

Plus, also now I am greatly questioning my self on Caro's power rathing wich is C. As far as i can understand a C rating is prety low in the ladder. So why would a sweet kid, with a ratign of C be banashied from her home at the age ofve 6 claiming she was to powerfll and dangerous. The only thing i can think ofve explaining it is that her summons have their own power rating. She might only be C but her Dragon on the other hand might be AAA. Wich might also be the cause behind the statement that she couldn't control her dragons who would simply rampage around protecting her. And that because of that she could only be used in a senario were the objective was to slauter everyone.

Basicly all in all she sounds like a time bomb to me. Kinda like the book of the night sky. Or as some might knwo it better as the book ofve darkness.

anyway ill stop here and keep the rest for later.

Last edited by EadTaes; 2007-05-04 at 14:47.
EadTaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 15:32   Link #434
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Well rank is based on testing, not your theoretical power. If she refuses to use her summons she'll fail the higher-rank tests and remain low-rank no matter how powerful she could be if she gave it everything.
Old 2007-05-04, 15:35   Link #435
RandomGuy
ここに居ってんねん

I also just had a crazy theory:

Spoiler:

Just a thought.

Last edited by RandomGuy; 2007-05-04 at 15:36. Reason: unmatched tags
RandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 16:35   Link #436
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGuy View Post
I also just had a crazy theory:

Spoiler:

Just a thought.
The magic square is a summoning portal, as far as I've seen. Since the square is below Lutecia, it means that she is a summon.
Old 2007-05-04, 17:09   Link #437
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
She's a mix.

Quite correct: Carim is a Paladin, because of the reasons stated above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida
Pretty nice Episode indeed! Can't wait for next since Vita will be on it xDD

Transformation escenes were all pretty amazing. I liked Teana's best may because it was rather original. The powered up Devices were also pretty amazing, they have the same Drive Ignition thing that RH and Bardiche got in A's. Can they also change form? Sure they can.

A bit of Caro's harsh past, exiled just because she the strongest of the Dragon Summoners... That is rather stupid from my point of view.

Also, it seems that, just like Fate, Erio may be clone from the Project F or Fate Project. Either that or that project had other objetives apart from creating clones.
I agree. Banishing a girl because she's the most advanced summoner is stupid. I'd actually keep the girl, she would bring 'prestige' to the clan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelos-_^

*whack a mole
Unfortunately I agree with this too
Old 2007-05-04, 17:29   Link #438
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
The magic square is a summoning portal, as far as I've seen. Since the square is below Lutecia, it means that she is a summon.
i dont understand how this came about ~ why cant it just be your good o' magic sign for when you do a magic attack etc ~ i still stand by my thought that Lutecia isnt a summoned familiar unless some hard facts prove otherwise (and yes nanoha could very well have been summoned from another galaxy if i use that logic )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 18:02   Link #439
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention: Mach Caliber = Joanna Day; Cross Mirage = Kaoru Edo or Jamie Schyy .

Spoiler for Mr. mad scientist:
Old 2007-05-04, 18:17   Link #440
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
I agree. Banishing a girl because she's the most advanced summoner is stupid. I'd actually keep the girl, she would bring 'prestige' to the clan.
While it sounded pretty unfair for Caro, we don't have enough information about her clan.
But i must say that the elder reasoning isn't completely false : a legendary power, sealed within a 6 year old child who doesn't fully control it, is very tempting to abuse. Even if the whole clan is assisting her during her training, chances that she creates nasty incidents are fairly high.

condering the announcement "fried's consciousness is Blue! It's under complete control!", it is possible that Fried (or one of caro's bigger summon spell) can go into rampage, and backfire on the team.

It was selfish, but in a way, this was also a manner to protect Caro.
(after all, we don't know what happened between her exile, and when she was recruited by TSAB. the clan might be the ones who contacted the TSAB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Spoiler for Mr. mad scientist:
Spoiler for scientist:
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote