AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-04-30, 03:04   Link #1
FelixDeCat

Any ideas how to get an anime idea published?

Ok I have a delima my friend and I are creative guys and have been making short movies for a few years now in Australia. Ive been watching anime for years now and have come up with a idea i think would make a really awesome manga/anime.

So my friend and I have been just planning this project for a while now but the problem is we both don't have the skills to make a pilot since we both aren't the best animators. So we have the characters, story, and all that jazz but no way to create the anime.

So really the question is anyone know anything about hireing a team of animators n voice actors to make a pilot or about just selling an idea and story to an animation company?
FelixDeCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 08:53   Link #2
Honey_and_Cleaver

That means youre aint creative enough. Watch and draw animes, make analysis, get in tuned with the culture of animes for 30 more years watching every genre there is. Get assimilated.

Current Anime following: Gundam 00, Goshuushi-sama Ninomiya-kun, Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji, Night Wizard, Dragonout the Resonance, Minami-Ke, Shion no Ou, Shugo no Chara!, BLUE DROP, Rental Magica, Kimikiss pure rogue, Moyashimon,Majin Tantei Nourgami Neuro,Clannad
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 09:59   Link #3
FelixDeCat

Not creative enough that hurts....

Its not a matter of creativity I'm just not a good enough animator to do something like make a pilot.

Some people are better at different aspects of things like writing and music for example.

And as for watching alot of anime I'm not just some fan boy who's seen nartuo and bleach and thinks that I can make some rip off about a ninja with orange hair. Ive been watching anime for years and know whats what =p

I'm just a writer looking for some direction...
Old 2007-04-30, 10:29   Link #4
Honey_and_Cleaver

Thats not what i meant exactly. You make an analysis of different types of characters like innocent,pyschos,cocky and all kinds of characters. So that when you write a story, you come up with something never come up before. Like that when you make a ninja with orange hair, you already know its not gonna swim, or maybe it will if you made it better and different, depends on how creative you are.Take vitamins and start becomming multi talented, you need to be an all rounder and versatile.

Current Anime following: Gundam 00, Goshuushi-sama Ninomiya-kun, Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji, Night Wizard, Dragonout the Resonance, Minami-Ke, Shion no Ou, Shugo no Chara!, BLUE DROP, Rental Magica, Kimikiss pure rogue, Moyashimon,Majin Tantei Nourgami Neuro,Clannad
Old 2007-04-30, 10:49   Link #5
FelixDeCat

so what your saying is that the only real way to get this idea out is to draw it ourselfs?
Old 2007-04-30, 11:07   Link #6
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixDeCat View Post
so what your saying is that the only real way to get this idea out is to draw it ourselfs?
Pretty much yes. I'll be blunt here, you're not an established name and your work isn't a popular manga/light novel/eroge. Even if it's a masterpiece, you have no chance of ever getting it made into an anime. Sorry but that's just the way it is.

However, that doesn't mean there's no chance of making it. The internet is a powerful tool. Animate it yourself and distribute it online. You can reach a wide international audience that way. Try to find someone local with the animation talent to help or work on learning how to do it yourself. It's entirely possible to create a professional level animation on a home computer if you have the talent to do so.
Old 2007-04-30, 11:35   Link #7
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Ok I have a delima my friend and I are creative guys and have been making short movies for a few years now in Australia. Ive been watching anime for years now and have come up with a idea i think would make a really awesome manga/anime.

So my friend and I have been just planning this project for a while now but the problem is we both don't have the skills to make a pilot since we both aren't the best animators. So we have the characters, story, and all that jazz but no way to create the anime.

So really the question is anyone know anything about hireing a team of animators n voice actors to make a pilot or about just selling an idea and story to an animation company?
Quote:
I got one name for you: Makoto Shinkai. If you want to get your idea animated do what he did. Do it yourself.

And he certainly show it can done if you are actually serious about it.
Old 2007-04-30, 12:17   Link #8
Honey_and_Cleaver

Well right now im trying to make a name by winning the animax awards. Im multi talented and im doing this work all by myself, im writing the stories,designing the characters and even drawing the comic by myself. I take japanese classes and ive already met Koji Takeuchi in person, they guy who made Tide Line Blue anime. Im already very in tuned with animes, i come here and criticize animes, give feedbacks and comments, and see all kinds of animes of all genres and make my conclusion. I know what peoples taste are and i know what and how to present something anime material. Studying the nature of fan service and how to start something new and original, something i can be passionate about and express myself.I spent everyday of my life designing characters, write stories, watch animes and modify the stories according to my point of view.I take up martial arts and watching movies, old and new. I even try walking around in a park for inspirations and ideas.

Old 2007-04-30, 12:29   Link #9
FelixDeCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
Well right now im trying to make a name by winning the animax awards. Im multi talented and im doing this work all by myself, im writing the stories,designing the characters and even drawing the comic by myself. I take japanese classes and ive already met Koji Takeuchi in person, they guy who made Tide Line Blue anime. Im already very in tuned with animes, i come here and criticize animes, give feedbacks and comments, and see all kinds of animes of all genres and make my conclusion. I know what peoples taste are and i know what and how to present something anime material. Studying the nature of fan service and how to start something new and original, something i can be passionate about and express myself.I spent everyday of my life designing characters, write stories, watch animes and modify the stories according to my point of view.I take up martial arts and watching movies, old and new. I even try walking around in a park for inspirations and ideas.
well maby ill post up some of our story and you can give it some constructive criticism ^.^
Old 2007-04-30, 13:05   Link #10
wontaek

Quote:
well maby ill post up some of our story and you can give it some constructive criticism ^.^
If you have a really good story, write it as a book format. Publish the book on-line on your website, and make sure you copyright the whole thing thoroughly. If you are lucky and good, the written material may attract attention and perhaps some offers from publishers.
Old 2007-04-30, 13:35   Link #11
False Dawn
Florsheim Monster
*Fansubber

First of all, you have to be Japanese. As far as I'm aware, I can't think of any non-Asian creators of anime (aside from the Animatrix and Afro Samurai, but then those don't get such good PR in Japan or the anime-loving world). I may be wrong, but I don't think the Japanese like other nationalities assimilating their art (as a generalisation, not as an actual specific disapproval).
False Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 13:53   Link #12
The Russian Mob
Meh

Personally I'd go with what Wontaek said, if you've got ideas, story, characters, you can probably create a decent book. After that if you still want an anime try getting in contact with companies that produce them (though I'm sure that's a long-shot.) and let them know about your work. Or if you don't want to take the time to write out an entire book try creating a script for maybe an episode or two with an overall outline for your ideas on the rest of the show and let them take a look at it. I think the biggest challenge you face is actually convincing them to notice you. My advice would be get your work laid out in some kind of written format and just keep trying to get in contact with someone who can get you into the fray. I'm sure it would help if you had your script/book translated into Japanese as well.

Good Luck.

(Also I've never been involved in this kind of stuff but this would be the best thing for you in my inexperienced opinion. )
Old 2007-04-30, 14:24   Link #13
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Dawn View Post
First of all, you have to be Japanese. As far as I'm aware, I can't think of any non-Asian creators of anime (aside from the Animatrix and Afro Samurai, but then those don't get such good PR in Japan or the anime-loving world). I may be wrong, but I don't think the Japanese like other nationalities assimilating their art (as a generalisation, not as an actual specific disapproval).
Watch the credits and see whose doing the animation for animes this days. Youll see some Korean names. Maybe they dont get the ratings in japan because they expect somethings like fan service such as lolis,harem,ecchi,etc. Not even some japanese animes get good ratings too. Shin Angyoh and Condor Hero are animes. Some animes are derived from chinese history like Ikkitousen and many others. Some like Texhnolyze had some Korean influence on the story. Japanese artist had also followed some Korean style art into their animes. Take for instance, the green glare you often see. Their games have incorporated some chinese comic styles youll see.

Recently there was a french studio making animes, if you havent heard the name, i dont remember the name, if you want, ill search for it and give you.

It depends on how creative and passionate you are. If you can create something like Star Wars where the japanese will be crazy about, racism wont play a role anymore if something becomes too good. If you want to please the japanese, then make anime for japanese according to what they like, if you want to please westerners, write according to western point of view. If you want to write to please all, then write homogenously.

Old 2007-04-30, 15:37   Link #14
DanielSong39

Write light novels and draw manga - you have to make your own breaks. If you keep working at it, an opportunity might pop up.

If your works are popular enough, it may generate crossover appeal and a studio may be willing to animate it.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote