AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2007-05-02, 10:14   Link #1
Syaoran
Contemplating Naruto

[Anime] Movie IV - Naruto Shippuuden - The End! [Spoilers]

Naruto Shippuuden: The Movie

Naruto's death

Naruto's headband resting on his tombstone...

Did anyone see the 4th Naruto Movie trailer yet?
If not, here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ir6o68lVs0

I do not know what to think of this one. Did Kishimoto really kill Naruto?
Sakura's voice gives me goose bumps each times she yells "Naruto!"

I just can't believe they would do such thing. Usually the movies are a totally independent adventure that has nothing to do with the main story or even affects it... Now we get this O.o

There were rumors saying Kishimoto-san wanted to end Naruto soon, but this!?

I wonder if this movie is linked to the latest manga development were Naruto is going to chase Uchiha Itachi. Naruto dying is not possible with Kyuubi. Something must have happened... Naruto got caught and Kyuubi got extracted or he's seal in a way the kitsune can't do anything anymore.

Could this be possibly be the actions of Sasuke? From the manga development, they's gonna be a possible violent encounter between Team Hebi & Team Kakashi.

In the trailers released until now, Naruto gets attacked by different dark looking entities who fire at him at once. His headband gets cut off and is placed on his tombstone afterwards. Also, his attempt to form a rasengan completely failed... Looks like the blond kid ran out of chakra.

I believe the narrator says "Yume ha..." at a certain point. Yumi means dream. I hope that's the case, because if not, I'm going to be rather disappointed by this end. It looks so depressing.

Really... It should be proven wrong, 'cause I don't like this at all.

Visit http://syaoran.miniville.fr/ or help them get a job (~_^)

Last edited by Syaoran; 2007-05-02 at 12:21.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 10:28   Link #2
tatami
back in black

i am sure there is some stupid explanation behind this laike a fake death
Old 2007-05-02, 11:19   Link #3
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Ask yourself :
  • Would a trailer focus on the last scene of its movie?
  • Does movies have any relevance to the original storyline?
  • Would they kill the possibility to make a 5th one?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 12:15   Link #4
Syaoran
Contemplating Naruto

1. If he's really dead, who's gonna resuscitate the kid? Chiyo of the Sand? Unlikely.
2. They don't, but why shouldn't it? If this is meant to end Naruto (as rumours say about Kishi's plans)?
3. Prepare for more filler (movies) were Naruto isn't dead, since it's a money making machine like the Pokémon franchise

It wouldn't be the first anime to end tragically. I don't like this and really hope it's wrong... some tactic to deceive Akatsuki maybe.

You've to agree this is quite a surprise and a real source for speculation.

Old 2007-05-02, 12:45   Link #5
Rahan

Only "kids" at his gravestone and no Iruka, Kakashi, Tsunade, Konohamaru, Jiraiya ? Doesn't make sense.

They won't kill him 6 months after the start of Shippuuden and with around at least 2 years of manga material left. It just would not make any sense.
And if Kishi wanted to end his thing, he would do it himself, not through a movie he is very little involved with (if at all)

Also, there is already a topic discussing this.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...t=46150&page=3
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 12:56   Link #6
reloaded
skywalker

He doesnt die at all, the trailer was made like that to attract attention and it has sucessfully done so. Its a movie for goodness sake, the trailer was done like that to make you want to watch the film and see what happens.

In the trailer though when he cant form the rasengan properly this makes you think he ran out of chakra, when he is attempting to form it his eyes are blue whereas at the start when hes fighting his eyes are red signifying he was using the kyuubis powers. Surely he couldn't have ran out of Kyuubi chakra so that seems a bit strange, nor would he deactivate it to use his own chakra in a life threatening situation and afterwards seemingly die...I dont think Naruto would make a mistake like that so something is definitely up.

In the end though the trailer definitely does catch attention but I wouldnt go as far as to say he actually dies and think Narutos going to end soon thats just farfetched. I agree with Hunter's points though especially the first and third.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 13:52   Link #7
tkdtiger

Naruto isn't going to die. It's just an advertisment ploy. As for Kish. wanting to end Naruto soon, he has personally said in interviews that he's almost half-way through. That rumor about him ending Naruto came about, because he said he has an ending already planned out...which afterwards he said he still has alot planned for Naruto and the other teams (seeing that we haven't seen much of the other teams and if what he says is true there seems to be alot he wants to do)...if anything I have a feeling Kishimoto will take a break for maybe a few months to a year at somepoint than go back to Naruto...similar to what Gantz did/
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 15:36   Link #8
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Hrmm Question: Isn't Akatsuki the villains in Movie 4 ?
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 15:51   Link #9
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchikatsu View Post
Hrmm Question: Isn't Akatsuki the villains in Movie 4 ?
I'm thinking since some Akatsuki members died off and there are about 10 of those shadow people. The swordsman of the mist might have gotten in this.

Oh and Naruto will die. Pains me to say it but he will. It is the main point of the 4rth movie so it can't be faked in a genjutsu or dream. Plus it may conflict with the story because the movie will feature in August. Thats about enough time to finish the story and make the movie true.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 16:05   Link #10
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Naruto will die, proof pls.
Old 2007-05-02, 16:06   Link #11
tatami
back in black

they are not akatsuki,naruto wont die.
Old 2007-05-02, 16:06   Link #12
Syaoran
Contemplating Naruto

No no no ... Kyuubi won't let Naruto die. He cannot die before doing ecchi things with Sasuke. (j/k)

I thought those shadows looked more like puppets rather than Akatsuki members.
Could Naruto have been sucked into a parallel dimension? The other Konoha shinobi only finding the headband and some blood... concluding to Naruto's death?

Old 2007-05-02, 16:07   Link #13
tatami
back in black

it also can be that someone naruto loves die and he rests his head protector as a memento to the grave...
Old 2007-05-02, 16:08   Link #14
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
No no no ... Kyuubi won't let Naruto die.

I thought those shadows looked more like puppets rather than Akatsuki members.
Could Naruto have been sucked into a parallel dimension? The other Konoha shinobi only finding the headband and some blood... concluding to Naruto's death?
That sounds kind of familiar...if you know what I mean *cough* Yondaime *cough*
Old 2007-05-02, 16:11   Link #15
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu410 View Post
I'm thinking since some Akatsuki members died off and there are about 10 of those shadow people. The swordsman of the mist might have gotten in this.

Oh and Naruto will die. Pains me to say it but he will. It is the main point of the 4rth movie so it can't be faked in a genjutsu or dream. Plus it may conflict with the story because the movie will feature in August. Thats about enough time to finish the story and make the movie true.
Thing is just because it's the main point of the story based on a trailer doesn't make it so. Movies have done things like this before where they claim a character dies and then the character turns out to be alive and well....I agree though more than likely he dies or has the appearance of being killed, but turns out to be alive and well or soul is saved...and he's ressurected some how
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 16:13   Link #16
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Quote:
Naruto will die, proof pls.
The headline says so in the trailers and Kishi is the only who can say what goes with Naruto so..............its gotta mean Naruto will die.

I agree Tatami that those aren't Akatsuki members.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 16:13   Link #17
NeoHunter
BBAC

I doubt that Kishimoto would end the series as a movie first. I think there's some weird explanation for this, but I don't think that the 4th movie will be the end... unless the naruto manga ends before the movie comes out.

NeoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 16:13   Link #18
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Kyu: I believe the movie aired 4/8 - 4/22 range.

And who's to say they couldn't be showing Sasuke's grave

And as earlier stated, Movie's hype things up in trailers and previews to get people to watch it.

Also, Naruto dieing in conclusion of Naruto would be too DBZish , Anime makers need to get "fresh"
Old 2007-05-02, 16:15   Link #19
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
And who's to say they couldn't be showing Sasuke's grave
Sasuke's forehead protector has a scar through it.
Old 2007-05-02, 16:17   Link #20
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Who's to say Kishi couldn't get him a new headband or have him get it fixed eh?