AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-10-01, 08:21   Link #281
Muffinz

Q> Are there any rumours/news about claymore season 2? :s
Muffinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 21:11   Link #282
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinz View Post
Q> Are there any rumours/news about claymore season 2? :s
Nope. None.

BTW: This question was asked and answered often since episode 26 aired, so please read before asking.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 01:28   Link #283
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Here's one:

I;m guessing everyone knows (mostly) that Irene said that "Claymores never age" (see Ophelia arc/Fit for Battle).

In chapter 64/when Raphaela
Spoiler for Raphy meets chibi T:
Old 2007-10-02, 01:38   Link #284
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodlou View Post
Here's one:

I;m guessing everyone knows (mostly) that Irene said that "Claymores never age" (see Ophelia arc/Fit for Battle).

In chapter 64/when Raphaela
Spoiler for Raphy meets chibi T:
You should reread what Irene said. She said, "We half youma's mature, but we don't age." In other words a child Claymore will finish growing up (maturing), but she won't get old after that.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-10-04, 10:35   Link #285
Sassarai
Army of One

Why wasn't Clare able to control her blades when she became the "queen of blades" and killed xx xx xx x x xx?
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 01:28   Link #286
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Why wasn't Clare able to control her blades when she became the "queen of blades" and killed xx xx xx x x xx?
Because her awakened mind was starting to seize control of her body from her human mind.

Old 2007-10-05, 02:09   Link #287
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius

Does anyone know the EXACT probability (rounded to five decimal places please) of there being a second season that is independent of the manga? I know that the show airs at around 1:30AM locally, but madhouse should see the profit they could make by doing a second season and moving it to a better time slot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Oh and to answer your question:

Spoiler for Answer:
Old 2007-10-05, 09:25   Link #288
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by emu777 View Post
Does anyone know the EXACT probability (rounded to five decimal places please) of there being a second season that is independent of the manga? I know that the show airs at around 1:30AM locally, but madhouse should see the profit they could make by doing a second season and moving it to a better time slot.

Oh and to answer your question:

Spoiler for Answer:
Honestly I dont think there's going to be a second season. It's gonna end up like Berserk just gotta deal with the hentai ending. If I have to give it an EXACT probility percentage I would say 25.233(repeating of course) percent it might have a second season in the future.

As for your answer to my question I dont think she has enough minerals to spawn more overlords. Also a terran might of infested her command center.

It just seems strange that every other AB seems to be able to control themselves. Heck it seems the only difference between AB and claymore is that one prefer to eat guts. Maybe I missed something while reading the manga.

Last edited by Sassarai; 2007-10-05 at 10:08.
Old 2007-10-08, 00:20   Link #289
Sassarai
Army of One

Im still waiting for my answer nosanninWa. I know you know the answer.
Old 2007-10-08, 00:32   Link #290
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

She differs from other Awakened Beings because she isn't an Awakened Being.

The problem is that parts of her mind (the more primitive parts that focus on fight or flight responses, not rational thought) have already awakened. Those awakened parts of her mind are seizing control of her awakened body even though she can still think as a human.

Old 2007-10-08, 00:42   Link #291
Sassarai
Army of One

But when you think about it Jeane was like that too yet her will was strong enough that she didnt break through those chains and attack clare. -_-
Old 2007-10-08, 00:45   Link #292
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Jean also made it clear that she was struggling to control her body. This thread is not the place to continue the discussion. If you want to argue over whether this means Jean's mind is stronger that Clare's mind, or if Clare is fundamentally different, please take it to the Biology of Claymore thread.

Old 2007-10-09, 01:27   Link #293
iXenomorph
Anime Addicted

Send a message via MSN to iXenomorph
Hi, just started Claymore and I have a curious question. I don't really mind spoilers, but it'd be nice to avoid them, though I understand due to the nature of this question it's really unavoidable in some cases.

So, my question is:

Who, and what are the organization?

I mean the organization that hires, and maintains the claymores. They seem like "good" guys, in the sense that they hunt and kill Yoma, but then are they really good? It's kind of creepy and ominous that they send some weird cloaked guy to get the money and relay messages, and whenever the people in the administration talk, it's always between 2 shady-looking cloaked guys. Also, they have very strict policies regarding the management of claymore's
Spoiler for Like this:

so what is their role really? Are they bad/good, or in between? Arregatou for the swift answers.
iXenomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 01:32   Link #294
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

The spoilers below are fairly minor:

Spoiler for morality of the Organization in the MANGA:

Old 2007-10-09, 15:31   Link #295
Devilz911

Q: Did Priscilla get stronger from the time since her awakening to present timeline?
Devilz911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 16:27   Link #296
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilz911 View Post
Q: Did Priscilla get stronger from the time since her awakening to present timeline?
Sorry, but we haven't been given the data to compare. We don't know how strong she was then and we don't know the limits of her strength now.

Old 2007-10-09, 22:09   Link #297
Hikikomori Ja nai
Pony-tails Turn me on >_<

Send a message via AIM to Hikikomori Ja nai
Is Claymore Licensed yet? Also im pretty sure there is no stats to say whether this happens or not but, do you think Claymore or any other open ended anime are more likely to spawn a second season if they are licensed relatively world wide? I think this anime can become very popular given the proper dub and re-production.

Mikoo is my hero!! ......wait... I can't wear women's clothes! Look I'm... born with this Dandyism! - Makoto/Mako-Chan
Hikikomori Ja nai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 22:17   Link #298
Guido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikikomori Ja nai View Post
Is Claymore Licensed yet? Also im pretty sure there is no stats to say whether this happens or not but, do you think Claymore or any other open ended anime are more likely to spawn a second season if they are licensed relatively world wide? I think this anime can become very popular given the proper dub and re-production.
It made me wonder why Claymore was not pre-licensed before it started to be broadcasted.

Even with its downs, it's a marvelous title. I'm a little bit surprised that until now it hasn't been licensed yet.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 19:51   Link #299
redmeat

The probable reason it's not licensed yet is because the show is too dark and depressing for the average person's taste.
redmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 21:01   Link #300
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
The probable reason it's not licensed yet is because the show is too dark and depressing for the average person's taste.
Probably...BUT I find it hard to believe that it's depressing to look at hot women in tight unis.

If Raphaela
Spoiler for Cognates' question:

Tags
claymore, q & a