AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-06-20, 04:14   Link #561
evil_kenshin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
For Awakened Beings, I believe we don't have a consensus. Priscilla was the one doing most of the killing, while the rest don't seem to have eaten anyone on-screen.
but they all seem to have a desire to eat

- The awakened being during the first time we meet Ophelia (the single digit female) was about to eat Raki

- A male awakened beings during pieta referred to eating guts (one of the 3 males who attacked the village first)

- A male awakened being after pieta (one of the one's who attacked Clarice's group) was about to eat Clarice's guts cause she was a "failed creation"
evil_kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 09:39   Link #562
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Don't forge tthat Ophelia also said that Clare isn't exatcly human, so she could eat her.
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 10:55   Link #563
Lich_king
Frostmourne hungers!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northrend, Frozen Throne more accurately
Hey I got this question, what is wrong with claymores bosies imena in chapter 12, or 13 when Theresa shows her body to bandits who wanted to rape her they were all disgusted. Does anyone know whats wrong?
Lich_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 11:02   Link #564
shelter
Every word must conjure
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: City of No Yesterdays
Send a message via MSN to shelter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lich_king View Post
Hey I got this question, what is wrong with claymores bosies imena in chapter 12, or 13 when Theresa shows her body to bandits who wanted to rape her they were all disgusted. Does anyone know whats wrong?
The most logical explanation is that when warriors undergo the process of being fused with yoma flesh for them to become Claymores, extensive scarring of the body or unnatural distortion of their human bodies occur. The bodily changes must be so repulsive that no human, whether willing or not & no matter how beautiful the warrior, would ever assault a warrior in that way.

My interpretation is simply scars, very grotesque wounds.
shelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 14:38   Link #565
Lich_king
Frostmourne hungers!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northrend, Frozen Throne more accurately
THX shelter for reply.
Lich_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 22:40   Link #566
Ryuken
Claymore #01
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Maldives
Yea, it's like constructive surgery or something like that I think.
Ryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 15:41   Link #567
williamaugustus
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA. we will just leave it at that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelter View Post
The most logical explanation is that when warriors undergo the process of being fused with yoma flesh for them to become Claymores, extensive scarring of the body or unnatural distortion of their human bodies occur. The bodily changes must be so repulsive that no human, whether willing or not & no matter how beautiful the warrior, would ever assault a warrior in that way.

My interpretation is simply scars, very grotesque wounds.
i don't know about that. when they show nude warriors they don't look that bad, nor do the nude ABs. besides they can heal themselves. i doubt it is wounds, my guess is their hearts are most affected by the yoma flesh so the vanes and arteries under the skin closest to the heart are really popping out in a discusting way from the strain on the body. but when they awaken the strain is gone and they go back to normal, which would be why the nude ABs look fine.
williamaugustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 16:06   Link #568
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
@williamagustus: where have you been looking at pictures of neked claymores? :P We really never get a view of what is on their torso. Jean fights with just a cape on, but she is always covered in shadows in the front to keep the scars a mystery; though if anyone did not have the scars anymore I would think it would be her because of the complete bodily awakening.

AB's definitely do not have the scarring anymore. They also do not have silver eyes or necessarily have color drained hair anymore, though some do. It is interesting to me that Rosemary was able to maintain her claymore form even after her awakening though. Maybe she just had very blue eyes or AB's can still do some physical transformation like youma.

Both for good and bad Yagi has left the scars in our imagination. There is a lot of stuff that goes on in claymore that happens without us seeing; like most AB's feeding or surgery on screaming little girls. It seems like the scarring is a "get-out-of-fan-service-free" card for Yagi, which I actually like. I like the characters in claymore much more because of it I think. Though I think Agatha was probably a request from his editors or something. She was so blatantly sexual that it really contrasted with the rest of the claymore world we had seen to that point.
__________________
Tests for my graphic novel -> http://dragonfury0.deviantart.com/ <-
chibamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 16:13   Link #569
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Asspain
Age: 23
We really don't know if the girls look different from their 'normal state' (no previous awakening) to 'half-awakening state'. Take a look at Jean after Clare reverses her 'almost-awakened' state:

http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/47/02/

No scars in the pelvis, and the chest seems to be fine.

http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/47/18/

Now, a few pages later, her arms cover part of the chest (including boobs), but she looks nice, without visible scars. Obviously, we're talking about a Claymore who was very close to completely awaken (in fact, her body awakened but she regarded full control of her mind). From her first fight in Rabona, we've seen Clare 'half-awakening' a few more times (against Ophelia, and near to fully awakening to kill Rigardo), so it's very possible that her actual body looks really nice to men's eyes (and of course, including Raki's eyes)

Edit: Shit, I was reading articles about Spain beating Russia in the Eurocup and it took me so time to write the post that chiba went ahead xD
Korinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 16:21   Link #570
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
The partial awakening taking away the scars is a nice theory . I have always liked it. I think that the scarring is not so much on the stomach as it is right between the breasts, under the neck piece that has the symbol on it. The reason I think that is because that is where Teresa tore her shirt off to scare away the bandits and it is also where Ophelia tasted Clare's blood to see if she was an AB or not. Even with the mini-skirts the ghosts still have high collared neck pieces. It also seems that is where Claymore's scent of blood that cannot be washed off is produced.
__________________
Tests for my graphic novel -> http://dragonfury0.deviantart.com/ <-
chibamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 20:51   Link #571
Cyclone
Transient Guest
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korinov View Post
We really don't know if the girls look different from their 'normal state' (no previous awakening) to 'half-awakening state'. Take a look at Jean after Clare reverses her 'almost-awakened' state:

http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/47/02/

No scars in the pelvis, and the chest seems to be fine.

http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/47/18/

Now, a few pages later, her arms cover part of the chest (including boobs), but she looks nice, without visible scars. Obviously, we're talking about a Claymore who was very close to completely awaken (in fact, her body awakened but she regarded full control of her mind). From her first fight in Rabona, we've seen Clare 'half-awakening' a few more times (against Ophelia, and near to fully awakening to kill Rigardo), so it's very possible that her actual body looks really nice to men's eyes (and of course, including Raki's eyes)

Edit: Shit, I was reading articles about Spain beating Russia in the Eurocup and it took me so time to write the post that chiba went ahead xD
Come now - you can do better shots than those!
Inside cover of volume 3
Cover of volume 5
slashers arc Teresa memory... p155 and 156

I'm glad I'm not the only person to ... er... look closely, trying to find the scar (and conclude the bandits were fools to let a blemmish that small cause them so much angst).

And before anyone says "awakened pictures" or anything, I shall remind you that Teresa had dark hair before becoming a Claymore (and the memories are Clare's who saw Teresa in all her birthday suit glory).
Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 21:30   Link #572
shelter
Every word must conjure
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: City of No Yesterdays
Send a message via MSN to shelter
What I stated earlier was perhaps the most practical & plausible I could think up at that time, responding to Lich_King's question. Until Yagi gives us more succinct details on how & the process by which yoma flesh are fused into potential warriors, I'll admit we can only speculate wildly.

Reading Korinov & Cyclone's posts I'm more inclined to go with Chiba's hypothesis as reflected below (with the possible exception of cover art):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
The partial awakening taking away the scars is a nice theory . I have always liked it. I think that the scarring is not so much on the stomach as it is right between the breasts, under the neck piece that has the symbol on it. The reason I think that is because that is where Teresa tore her shirt off to scare away the bandits and it is also where Ophelia tasted Clare's blood to see if she was an AB or not. Even with the mini-skirts the ghosts still have high collared neck pieces. It also seems that is where Claymore's scent of blood that cannot be washed off is produced.
Another wild theory (which I'm not in favour of) is that Teresa could've purposely altered her body to make it look repulsive. Also, even though this might seen extremely obvious to us male readers, there's perhaps not a lot of fixed consensus on what the idea of beauty is. Given the scenes Korinov & Cyclone have pointed out are dream sequences (Teresa) & partially shadowed (Jean), it only goes to show that the issue on what a Claymore's uncovered torso looks like will be left unresolved.

Fearing deletion, I'd like to shift further discussion to the Speculation thread. I didn't imagine one simple answer could become so broad. Thanks.

Last edited by shelter; 2008-06-27 at 11:43.
shelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 00:19   Link #573
Cyclone
Transient Guest
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelter View Post
What I stated earlier was perhaps the most practical & plausible I could think up at that time, responding to Lich_King's question. Until Yagi gives us more succinct details on how & the process by which yoma flesh are fused into potential warriors, I'll admit we can only speculate wildly.

Reading Korinov & Cyclone's posts I'm more inclined to go with Chiba's hypothesis as reflected below (with the possible exception of cover art):



Another wild theory (which I'm not in favour of) is that Teresa could've purposely altered her body to make it look repulsive. Also, even though this might seen extremely obvious to us male readers, there's perhaps not a lot of fixed consensus on what the idea of beauty is. Given the scenes Korinov & Cyclone have pointed out are dream sequences (Teresa) & partially shadowed (Jean), it only goes to show that the issue on what a Claymore's uncovered torso looks like will be left unresolved.

Fearing deletion, I'd like to shift further discussion to the Speculation thread. I didn't image one simple answer could become so broad. Thanks.
Partial awakening should not have anything to do with it - Ophelia tasted Clare after her partial awakening (so it wasn't healed yet). My personal guess is that it's not a scar, but the remnants of the head of a youma that is implanted in their chest. My reasoning is that Clare took Teresa's head to become a Claymore - and she knew what was needed.

Until we actually see though, then it's all speculation as to what the 'scarring' looks like.
Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 00:27   Link #574
evil_kenshin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Partial awakening should not have anything to do with it - Ophelia tasted Clare after her partial awakening (so it wasn't healed yet). My personal guess is that it's not a scar, but the remnants of the head of a youma that is implanted in their chest. My reasoning is that Clare took Teresa's head to become a Claymore - and she knew what was needed.

Until we actually see though, then it's all speculation as to what the 'scarring' looks like.
Well it looked more like Ophelia pierced the skin, considering Clare gasped in pain when Ophelia did that. An open wound wouldn't cause pain when its touched , especially one that's been there for the better part of 6 to 7 years.
evil_kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 03:43   Link #575
Lich_king
Frostmourne hungers!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northrend, Frozen Throne more accurately
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Partial awakening should not have anything to do with it - Ophelia tasted Clare after her partial awakening (so it wasn't healed yet). My personal guess is that it's not a scar, but the remnants of the head of a youma that is implanted in their chest. My reasoning is that Clare took Teresa's head to become a Claymore - and she knew what was needed.

Until we actually see though, then it's all speculation as to what the 'scarring' looks like.
It does't have to be head.... look Clare was a kid, so how could she drag Theresa's decapitated body through the city to see Rubel.... She only took head, and organization probably took the body and implanted flesh in her body. A head implanted....sounds grotesque
Lich_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 04:33   Link #576
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Yes it does. And it would be enough to make bandits vomit. Remember when Zaki's youma said that it took Raki's brain to gain his memories and mannerisms? Well taking a youma's brain to gain their powers... I am both sad and glad that Yagi left it up to the imagination. Sad because we do not know what is there. Glad because we do not have to see something gross.
__________________
Tests for my graphic novel -> http://dragonfury0.deviantart.com/ <-
chibamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 10:54   Link #577
Lich_king
Frostmourne hungers!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northrend, Frozen Throne more accurately
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
Yes it does. And it would be enough to make bandits vomit. Remember when Zaki's youma said that it took Raki's brain to gain his memories and mannerisms? Well taking a youma's brain to gain their powers... I am both sad and glad that Yagi left it up to the imagination. Sad because we do not know what is there. Glad because we do not have to see something gross.
And again it doesn't have to be. Maybe scars are so grotesque that bandits find it disgusting, or yoma flesh which looks repulsive on human body.
Lich_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 19:58   Link #578
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
A scar on a willing Teresa that would make a group of rapists run for cover? Whatever is under that neck piece it is gross. Though I love the idea that partially awakened Claymores have baby smooth skin everywhere. Horray for ambiguity in art and story!
__________________
Tests for my graphic novel -> http://dragonfury0.deviantart.com/ <-
chibamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 19:30   Link #579
Vachel
Lost.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Is it not a possibility that it is something that they can manipulate? it has already been shown on numerous occasions just how much control that they can have over their bodies. Undine pumping he muscles up, Clare changing he vocal cords, Helen stretching her arms, of course the changes that all claymores go through after simply using their Yoma powers. Perhaps she just yomad (word)? up her torso a bit to scare off the outlaws, so as to not have to either be subjected to mass rape or go on a killing spree.
Vachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 19:56   Link #580
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Anything is possible in a fictional world. I like the idea that the Claymores are not disfigured beyond recognition under their sexy grey skin tight outfits. So far it does not seem to fit into the story though. It is not like any human could over power Teresa anyway, and if Teresa could have gotten rid of the scar to stop Clare from crying she probably would have. It does not seem to be a pleasant wound as it reeks of blood. So if Claymores had a choice I am sure they would chose not to experience it as a reminder of their forced transformation to become a monster.

But hey, Awakened Beings definitely do not have it. So the best way to get rid of it seems to be awakening.
__________________
Tests for my graphic novel -> http://dragonfury0.deviantart.com/ <-
chibamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
claymore, q & a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.