AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Old 2009-04-12, 10:38   Link #981
Cyclone
Transient Guest

If she didn't, she's darn good at lip synching...

Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 11:01   Link #982
nakaru_mizuki

wow.. she's pretty good live.
nakaru_mizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 11:03   Link #983
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
It sounds less manly than the version on Claymore though.
Gangsta Spanksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 13:16   Link #984
Ryuken
Claymore #01

She's pretty damn good.
Ryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 08:35   Link #985
Arkham
Stoned Assasin

She deserves a mosh pit
Arkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 09:57   Link #986
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
She deserves a mosh pit
Yeah a real hardcore mosh pit!
hell88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 05:00   Link #987
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Send a message via Skype™ to Throne Invader
Besides being a good tracker, does Dietrich have other skills? Cuz Galatea's skill could beat that any day.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 05:21   Link #988
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

Careful that's dangerously close to an invitation for a Galatea vs Dietrich thread. And those have been repeatedly denied, ask Cyclone...

And to answer your question, none that have been shown in the manga so far. Unless you count her stealing the Clarice Jump...

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Sleepy Speculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 12:14   Link #989
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
I don't think Dietrich has what it takes to take down a #3. She was about to be taken out by that non-special AB.
Gangsta Spanksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 15:59   Link #990
MonsieurRosseau
Insane Person

Send a message via AIM to MonsieurRosseau Send a message via MSN to MonsieurRosseau Send a message via Yahoo to MonsieurRosseau
She's about as strong as Tabitha, methinks. She still is less useless than Yuma (though, perhaps, just as cute), but not strong enough to compete with the Fab Four and Galatea.

Riful fans! Look here!
MonsieurRosseau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 19:45   Link #991
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Just give a vs thread already...
Old 2009-04-14, 23:34   Link #992
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Send a message via Skype™ to Throne Invader
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsieurRosseau View Post
She's about as strong as Tabitha, methinks. She still is less useless than Yuma (though, perhaps, just as cute), but not strong enough to compete with the Fab Four and Galatea.
Haha. Love it!!!! "The Fab Four"

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 00:17   Link #993
arnold44

Nice song! Clap***Clap***

Im gonna ask if anyone has any Area 88 soundtracks available? The ones I have seen on YOUTUBE are badly recorded.

Many thanx....
arnold44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 01:58   Link #994
shippU

I have a question about Galatea

Spoiler for In Rabona:

Also, are those hobbit holes we see in Ch.68 p 90 supposed to be claymore rooms at the Org HQ?
shippU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 02:32   Link #995
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by shippU View Post
How did Galatea lose her eyes? did i miss her explanation? From some posts i read it seems like she did it herself but haven't been able to confirm it.
Yes, she did it to herself. It's mentioned twice. Once in the side bar of one of the chapters (it wasn't translated in most scanlations), and once Galatea-sama herself told us (she was talking to Miria at the time, IIRC). Anyways, she made it clear it was self inflicted.
Old 2009-04-22, 04:55   Link #996
shippU

thanks, knew i'd missed it somewhere.
shippU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 11:05   Link #997
Ryuken
Claymore #01

But as a result of that lost sight her yoki sensing is way off the charts, sensing things that no other can sense, only she can.
Ryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 19:42   Link #998
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
But as a result of that lost sight her yoki sensing is way off the charts, sensing things that no other can sense, only she can.
What I found most interesting is that Galatea couldn't tell who the Ghosts were until she heard them, supposedly proving her blindness. What gets me is just a few chapters before, she was out and about, literally running through a crumbling city, grabbed Galk, and even threw him with great accuracy at her opponent, Miata. If she's blind, how'd she do it? Humans don't emit youki, and her blindness should stop her from running anywhere. When was the last time you saw a blind woman running around in a crowded area?

That's right, nobody's ever seen it.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
revan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 20:15   Link #999
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
What I found most interesting is that Galatea couldn't tell who the Ghosts were until she heard them, supposedly proving her blindness. What gets me is just a few chapters before, she was out and about, literally running through a crumbling city, grabbed Galk, and even threw him with great accuracy at her opponent, Miata. If she's blind, how'd she do it? Humans don't emit youki, and her blindness should stop her from running anywhere. When was the last time you saw a blind woman running around in a crowded area?

That's right, nobody's ever seen it.
Actually I've seen it before, blind people use their sense of hearing to see. She ran a lot, but maybe she is used to the area. Also maybe she has learned how to use her ears like a bats, when her foot hits the ground when she moves it probably sends some sort of radar like vibration through the ground and whatever objects are in the way reflect back to her, the same with how she probably uses her voice and hears people talk. She didn't know Miria and the others were there until she heard Miria's voice and remembered her, from who knows where. Hope that helps.
hell88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 20:43   Link #1000
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
Actually I've seen it before, blind people use their sense of hearing to see. She ran a lot, but maybe she is used to the area. Also maybe she has learned how to use her ears like a bats, when her foot hits the ground when she moves it probably sends some sort of radar like vibration through the ground and whatever objects are in the way reflect back to her, the same with how she probably uses her voice and hears people talk. She didn't know Miria and the others were there until she heard Miria's voice and remembered her, from who knows where. Hope that helps.
Well that's certainly a theory. However, when airborne, how would that system work? Galatea wasn't just running along the ground all the time. She was airborne a great deal. Certainly you aren't suggesting Galatea sees the world like a bat?

Now that's a funny thought. Big-eared Galatea screeching to provide her a good idea of what's around her. She'd certainly be an odd person to hear in combat.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
revan5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
claymore, q & a