AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Old 2009-04-22, 21:01   Link #1001
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
Well that's certainly a theory. However, when airborne, how would that system work? Galatea wasn't just running along the ground all the time. She was airborne a great deal. Certainly you aren't suggesting Galatea sees the world like a bat?

Now that's a funny thought. Big-eared Galatea screeching to provide her a good idea of what's around her. She'd certainly be an odd person to hear in combat.
Well I do have another theory, maybe Galatea can feel the yoki coming from Agatha, Clarice, and Miata in the air particles. That might have been how she could do it, using everyone elses yoki to see where everything was, like it is around the people and rocks and that type of thing and that could be how she was moving around everyone. In a way I do think Galatea sees the world like a bat, just better.

Maybe a bat would be her awakened form if she ever awakens.(hope not)
hell88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 00:02   Link #1002
shippU

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
Well I do have another theory, maybe Galatea can feel the yoki coming from Agatha, Clarice, and Miata in the air particles. That might have been how she could do it, using everyone elses yoki to see where everything was, like it is around the people and rocks and that type of thing and that could be how she was moving around everyone. In a way I do think Galatea sees the world like a bat, just better.

Maybe a bat would be her awakened form if she ever awakens.(hope not)
well, that answers my follow-up question about how she could move so well, run on rooftops etc. The visual of Awakened Galatea as big-eared bat is too...
shippU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 01:36   Link #1003
Fantaghiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shippU View Post
well, that answers my follow-up question about how she could move so well, run on rooftops etc. The visual of Awakened Galatea as big-eared bat is too...
XD I guess that would interfere with her "perceptions of beauty". So it´s unlikely we´ll ever see it...that is if everyone can resist the great temptation to draw a comic strip about it.

A totally different Question:
What minus do defensive Claymores have in comparision to the offensive types? Has it been stated anywhere in the manga or databooks?

The most likely would be a defizit in strength, but looking at the stats doesn´t confirm that. Also there are very few defensive types among the single digits (though regeneration should give an immense advantage) but looking at all ranks they seem scarcer in general and are rather evenly spread among the rankings.
Fantaghiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 04:50   Link #1004
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Send a message via Skype™ to Throne Invader
Thanks for the idea for Shippu.

I'd like to ask everyone else. What would you rather prefer to be? An offensive or defensive?

If you're a guy don't worry, they had male claymores before
We should have more questions like these. They make the forums more fun.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 10:38   Link #1005
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantaghiro View Post
A totally different Question:
What minus do defensive Claymores have in comparision to the offensive types? Has it been stated anywhere in the manga or databooks?

The most likely would be a defizit in strength, but looking at the stats doesn´t confirm that. Also there are very few defensive types among the single digits (though regeneration should give an immense advantage) but looking at all ranks they seem scarcer in general and are rather evenly spread among the rankings.
The only thing that I can think of that would give offensive types more power than defensive types is that they have a more aggressive mind when it comes to fighting and battles.
hell88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 11:33   Link #1006
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoreDoll View Post

I'd like to ask everyone else. What would you rather prefer to be? An offensive or defensive?

If you're a guy don't worry, they had male claymores before
We should have more questions like these. They make the forums more fun.

Defensive, I think. I like to have my members attached to my body. Besides, I would fight like a suicidal
Old 2009-04-23, 16:23   Link #1007
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Those are good theories @hell and you too @revan5, hearing and seeing are both very different things. The thought of Dare Devil comes to my mind. The way he sees the world around him from the sound and the vibrations. Could be very possible indeed.
Ryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 23:18   Link #1008
shippU

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoreDoll View Post

offensive definitely, based on preferred gameplay in aoe3, SWKOTR, CS etc etc x)

By idea if you mean bat eared Galatea, well, credit for it is entirely revan5's. i'm just an innocent bystander
Old 2009-04-24, 00:07   Link #1009
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Send a message via Skype™ to Throne Invader
I'd wanna be an offensive type. Being defensive doesn't cut it out for me.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 05:37   Link #1010
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

when raki and priscilla where visiting rabona, i wonder if galatea detected priscilla's presence within the city. galatea has very much excelled in yoki detecting due to her blindness, even dietrich wasn't able to fool her with her yoki supressant pills.

renee herself wasn't able to detect priscilla's yoki until she touched her, so what about galatea? would she have known priscilla was an awakened one without even laying a hand on her?
clarakiss~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 07:44   Link #1011
Arkham
Stoned Assasin

@clarakiss~ I think she didn't detect Priscilla's presence.
She didn't detect the Ghosts when they came and butchered Agatha.

@Ryuken I thought of Dare Devil too.

@AmoreDoll It's offensive for me, because it's just more fun
I'd do the Quick Sword and the Phantoms but most of all the Strech technic

Last edited by Arkham; 2009-04-24 at 07:57.
Arkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 08:08   Link #1012
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
What I found most interesting is that Galatea couldn't tell who the Ghosts were until she heard them, supposedly proving her blindness. What gets me is just a few chapters before, she was out and about, literally running through a crumbling city, grabbed Galk, and even threw him with great accuracy at her opponent, Miata. If she's blind, how'd she do it? Humans don't emit youki, and her blindness should stop her from running anywhere. When was the last time you saw a blind woman running around in a crowded area?

That's right, nobody's ever seen it.
I wrote a theory Galatea ability to move around. Post #2110
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...56339&page=106
Old 2009-04-24, 16:27   Link #1013
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
I wrote a theory Galatea ability to move around. Post #2110
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...56339&page=106
A youki radar? Well I suppose it's feasible, but if this is true, I'd be very interested in how Yagi explains it. I was dumbfounded when I first saw Galatea running, jumping and swinging her sword at moving opponents WHILE BLIND. Maybe Yagi hasn't considered the issue; having written fiction work before, I found overlooking logic gaps is a consistent problem in that you don't always catch them yourself.

Maybe Yagi should pay to use your explanation Awakened, given how we still have no clue how on earth Galatea could possibly fight like that. I'm just saying there is no evidence youki is attached to inorganic material yet. Until Yagi says that Youki is useful in "seeing" such material in any way, shape or form, we have a very large logic issue with his Galatea fight scene.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
revan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 16:37   Link #1014
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Well the thing that impressed me the most in that fight was the fact that after even when Galatea was run straight through by Miata she kept on fighting. Such is her spirit. I know that it had to have hurt a lot, judging from her facial expressions and the wound on her stomach. Hell, she even lost her arm and even that didn't stop her apparently.
Ryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 04:10   Link #1015
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

I'll try adding my two cents as usual... please don't hate me...

Yoki doesn't exist in the inorganic or even regular humans i think. Teresa didn't notice the bandits approaching her first time round, and that's why she cut off an arm that grabbed Clare, and we know that Teresa was excellent at sensing yoki. But i do think it's used as a means to sense things. Clare seems to find a dungeon by just standing in a ruined town, and Clarice seemed to be sensing/scanning Pieta for life. This ties in nicely with the idea of it being similar to radar as in both examples, they aren't looking for yoki signatures. But a space/place and life in general respectively.

Clare's QS was only targeted at ignoring Jean's yoki signature which means everything/space but that type of yoki, and she can also reverse that for attack purposes, which she did at first. However an erased aura may not be the same as a human. It could be that active suppression absorbs the yoki aura and results in stealth, as whatever is used for sensing fails to bounce back, like it would off of regular humans and inanimate objects.

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Sleepy Speculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 18:34   Link #1016
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

if organization decides to use the flesh of abyssal like isley's and make abyssal feeders out of it. i wonder if they'll be able to control them? or it is an absolute no-no in their book?

using an average awakened being's flesh was productive but what would it be like of an abyssal. the org will most definitely jump at this chance, that is if the abyssal feeders don't consume all of isley.
Old 2009-04-28, 00:24   Link #1017
shippU

would make more sense if they implanted Isley's flesh to make a warrior not an abyssal eater. get hold of a pair of twins again and make AliciaBeth v.1.02 x)
Old 2009-04-28, 09:02   Link #1018
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shippU View Post
would make more sense if they implanted Isley's flesh to make a warrior not an abyssal eater. get hold of a pair of twins again and make AliciaBeth v.1.02 x)
well... the thing is, you can't make a warrior out of abyssal flesh.

yoma flesh = claymore.

awakened being flesh = abyssal feeders.

abyssal flesh = something else that's completely dangerous?
Old 2009-04-28, 14:45   Link #1019
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
well... the thing is, you can't make a warrior out of abyssal flesh.

yoma flesh = claymore.

awakened being flesh = abyssal feeders.

abyssal flesh = something else that's completely dangerous?

Abyssal are awakened being, just the strongest. So from Isley flesh Org coud make stronger abyssal feeders. There is also theory, that Miata is an early experiment to create ZACS.
Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 17:08   Link #1020
MisterJB
Warden of the West

What if the AFs are like that because the Org made them like that? Maybe they could become normal Claymores if they were not progammed to eat flesh and hide Yoki

Tags
claymore, q & a