AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2009-05-31, 16:01   Link #1041
dream-seeker
soar high

Send a message via Yahoo to dream-seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
She doesn't know it.
But Riful must have heard Jean, practically yelling Clare's name in their battle with Dauf. Even at least recognize Clare in winning against Dauf. I guess Riful is too powerful and just think of Clare as completely insignificant. Though she was amazed by Clare's effort using quick sword technique without hitting her allies. That should leave a good impression, still she never called Clare's name.

Anyway, just notice, Clare almost completed the single digit encounters: #1 Teresa, #2 Irene, #3 Galatea, #4 Ophelia, #5 Raphaela, #6 Miria, #7 (Missing) , #8 Flora and #9 Jean. Ah, these are the ones at least in a way Clare have a connection with. So whose, gonna be #7?
dream-seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 16:03   Link #1042
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

She doesn't know it. Remember what Riful said when she say Claire after seven years during the Audrey/Rachel battle, she didn't even recognize her at first, and asked about the "other two". She knew Jean's name because she said it when she was torturing her however.
Shiek927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 16:27   Link #1043
dream-seeker
soar high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
She doesn't know it. Remember what Riful said when she say Claire after seven years during the Audrey/Rachel battle, she didn't even recognize her at first, and asked about the "other two". She knew Jean's name because she said it when she was torturing her however.
Yes, I thought Riful is kinder than all other AO's. So she'll only remember those who she tortured? To think Clare should leave a greater impression among others. Aside from escaping capture, battling with Dauf and actually won, brave enough to land a hit on Riful herself. Sometimes I think Clare has a death wish.

So, I'll just settle with that in Claymoreverse they really never call names but their numbers instead. I'll just take it as Raphy's an odd one.
Old 2009-05-31, 20:05   Link #1044
shogun01
Resident Lurker

Quote:
It's possible that she knew it, but later forgot it. Remember, Riful's man is dumb as a brick. I wouldn't be too surprised if a little of Dauf rubbed onto Riful.

Last edited by shogun01; 2009-05-31 at 21:37.
shogun01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 21:15   Link #1045
shelter
Every word must conjure

Send a message via MSN to shelter
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream-seeker View Post
Anyway, just notice, Clare almost completed the single digit encounters: #1 Teresa, #2 Irene, #3 Galatea, #4 Ophelia, #5 Raphaela, #6 Miria, #7 (Missing) , #8 Flora and #9 Jean. Ah, these are the ones at least in a way Clare have a connection with. So whose, gonna be #7?
#7 was Eva, the single-digit team leader of the northern sector. Clare didn't get a chance to meet her because she was killed in the north before the war in Pieta.

On a lighter note, Clare will probably never meet a #7. Coming down south after 7 years, Clare & the Ghosts have met the new #3 Audrey, #4 Miata, #5 Rachel & there's a high chance Clare will encounter #6 Renee or #8 Dietrich within the next few chapters. But still no #7
Old 2009-05-31, 21:44   Link #1046
MonsieurRosseau
Insane Person

Send a message via AIM to MonsieurRosseau Send a message via MSN to MonsieurRosseau Send a message via Yahoo to MonsieurRosseau
Yagi must not have any good ideas about number 7's.

Riful fans! Look here!
MonsieurRosseau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 21:48   Link #1047
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsieurRosseau View Post
Yagi must not have any good ideas about number 7's.
And to think, Number 7 is actually an overused number used on so many things because it's apparantely lucky

Which makes me wonder something: Claymore ranks go all the way to 47, is there something significant about that number?
Old 2009-05-31, 21:48   Link #1048
Vinak
Procrastinator

7 year time skip. 7 surviving claymores. 47 warriors total. uhhh anything else with 7?

(Theresa is spelled with 7 letters )
Old 2009-05-31, 21:49   Link #1049
dream-seeker
soar high

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelter View Post
#7 was Eva, the single-digit team leader of the northern sector. Clare didn't get a chance to meet her because she was killed in the north before the war in Pieta.

On a lighter note, Clare will probably never meet a #7. Coming down south after 7 years, Clare & the Ghosts have met the new #3 Audrey, #4 Miata, #5 Rachel & there's a high chance Clare will encounter #6 Renee or #8 Dietrich within the next few chapters. But still no #7
The author may have a problem with warrior #7. Though he made 7 Ghost, well + 3 more now. A #7 that should be connected to Clare personally somehow. Let see:

#1 Teresa = Flesh and Blood contribution
#2 Irene = Right Arm contribution (she said it, "Fate follows it's own plans")
#3 Galatea = Manipulation Technique (just a little to pull Jean back)
#4 Ophelia = First test subject for Clare right arm and Quicksword enhancement.
#5 Raphaela = ??? Technique to soul-link maybe ???
#6 Miria = First commander for group hunt and fellow half-awakened.
#7 ??? =
#8 Flora = Second commander and user of the 'windcutter' which Clare adopted.
#9 Jean = Sacrifice to revert Clare back to human form and first test subject for Clare's Yoki Alignment technique/ Yoki controlled-quicksword technique also due to Jean's example.

She's missing #7. All these are high ranked warriors influences Clare's life in some ways.
Old 2009-05-31, 21:52   Link #1050
Vinak
Procrastinator

well with Eva's (#7) group being slaughtered by the army in the north, the organization found it necessary to send 24 additional soldiers there. so she influenced Clare's life indirectly i suppose.
Old 2009-05-31, 22:00   Link #1051
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
And to think, Number 7 is actually an overused number used on so many things because it's apparantely lucky

Which makes me wonder something: Claymore ranks go all the way to 47, is there something significant about that number?
There are 47 prefectures in Japan.
Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 22:04   Link #1052
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
47 warriors total.
THAT DOESN"T COUNT!!
Old 2009-06-01, 02:19   Link #1053
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Send a message via Skype™ to Throne Invader
The number 7 probably isnt a very significant number for Yagi or it could be his unlucky number

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 04:24   Link #1054
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoreDoll View Post
The number 7 probably isnt a very significant number for Yagi or it could be his unlucky number
Well, there has to be something significant, some reason why he adopted that number.
Ryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 11:23   Link #1055
MisterJB
Warden of the West

7 is the number of God. Seven are the days of the week.
Old 2009-06-01, 16:47   Link #1056
MonsieurRosseau
Insane Person

Send a message via AIM to MonsieurRosseau Send a message via MSN to MonsieurRosseau Send a message via Yahoo to MonsieurRosseau
Um... What I meant was that Yagi wasn't sure about the power level of a number 7. 1-5 are extremely powerful, and 6 is Miria. What could be less powerful than Miria, but more powerful than Flora/Dietrich?

Not that there was something special about 7.

Teresa is six letters.

Riful fans! Look here!
MonsieurRosseau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 19:20   Link #1057
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Teresa is six letters.
Some people like to add the h, making it "Theresa", the same way I like to write "Claire" with a I, or some people write Isley as "Easley".
Old 2009-06-02, 07:11   Link #1058
Squawks
PSI you from behind

World of Claymore =/= Japan.
Squawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 07:55   Link #1059
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Um... What I meant was that Yagi wasn't sure about the power level of a number 7. 1-5 are extremely powerful, and 6 is Miria. What could be less powerful than Miria, but more powerful than Flora/Dietrich?
Miria once said that numbers 6 through 9 all had about the same strength.
Old 2009-06-02, 10:21   Link #1060
Ryuken
Claymore #01

She must have been right, although they each had their individual exceptional skill which set each of them apart from the other in terms of power and strength.
Ryuken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
claymore, q & a