AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-27, 15:53   Link #1221
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
The suit itself is probably unconfortable for humans, but it might actually be ideal for Claymores. Remember the scene where Teresa was struggling to sleep on a bed and not wearing anything. She ended up putting her outfit back on and sleeping in a sitting position. All that makes me think that perhaps they're more confortable with the outfit on compared to anything else.
Meh, I guess. I saw that as more like Teresa simply being used to sleeping in her normal upright position for so many years and/or her disgust of humans.

I can't believe the Organization had comfort in mind for the girls when they designed the suit.
Shiek927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 16:32   Link #1222
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
my own personal outlook on this...

a comfortable soft bed is too pampered for Teresa, the "Queen" of Claymores. Teresa was a warrior through and through. A nice soft comfortable bed, disgusted her.
Roflmao, since when did Teresa become like a Queen?

Well, at any rate, your questions aren't answerable. It looks like it's all one-piece to me, but I don't know.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2009-09-27 at 16:48.
Shiek927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 01:51   Link #1223
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Seems like two pieces to me. Top portion and bottom portion. Three if you include the cape.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 03:37   Link #1224
Raaz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
i guess based on this pic.... i'm confused if only there's the black strip of clothing underneath the outer clothing or if there's like some other clothing as well or not?

see to the sides of the black strip with her symbol on it, is that bare flesh of hers or is she wearing some type of light clothing?
claymore epi 2 u can see clare wearing only the black strip collar something when rubel brought her new clothes...funny thing, does those armor on their shoulder really helps?, coz AB atks always cut thru...
Raaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 07:08   Link #1225
romari
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
@Raaz: Hmm, thinking that way why they dont go naked then? Obviously none of her clothing/armor will ever be good for protection
The uniform is not supposed to protect anything, it only serves identity purposes, so humans know a claymore when they meet one
The only real defensive weapon they have is the sword...
romari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 07:18   Link #1226
zato_1one
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
The armor can defend Yoma's attack.

Spoiler for size:
__________________
zato_1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 07:32   Link #1227
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by romari View Post
@Raaz: Hmm, thinking that way why they dont go naked then? Obviously none of her clothing/armor will ever be good for protection
The uniform is not supposed to protect anything, it only serves identity purposes, so humans know a claymore when they meet one
The only real defensive weapon they have is the sword...
Last I heard, Claymores were known better for their silver eyes rather than their armor.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 08:48   Link #1228
camilla
WantsToSeeHerSmileAgain
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: on the Alps/ in the plain
Spoiler for manga pages -- chapter 2, chapter 64:

HegemonKhan, as you can see, the female Claymore uniform consists of: skin tight trousers; skin tight shirt ( a V-neck long sleeve shirt having a triangular-shaped metal plate on its upper back with a hook -- which purpose is to hold the sword still. The metal plate has 2 arming points on its upper extremities that are used to block it in some way on a claymore's shoulders ); a kind of a collar scarf, secured around the neck by two hinges, with the warrior's symbol on it and which looks to be long enough to reach the navel; gloves. No underwear and no socks. Then there are metal boots, vambraces, spaulders etc. Visible skin: the upper front and the upper back.
__________________
<img src=http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8080/puckavatar1aaa.jpg border=0 alt= />
Take zero. Add zero... Infinity.

Last edited by camilla; 2009-09-28 at 09:44.
camilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 10:56   Link #1229
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by camilla View Post
Spoiler for manga pages -- chapter 2, chapter 64:

HegemonKhan, as you can see, the female Claymore uniform consists of: skin tight trousers; skin tight shirt ( a V-neck long sleeve shirt having a triangular-shaped metal plate on its upper back with a hook -- which purpose is to hold the sword still. The metal plate has 2 arming points on its upper extremities that are used to block it in some way on a claymore's shoulders ); a kind of a collar scarf, secured around the neck by two hinges, with the warrior's symbol on it and which looks to be long enough to reach the navel; gloves. No underwear and no socks. Then there are metal boots, vambraces, spaulders etc. Visible skin: the upper front and the upper back.
Is that enough detail for you Hedgy?
Shiek927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 16:41   Link #1230
Raaz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 24
to believe all this money on them is wasted in 1 hit.....
Raaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 22:45   Link #1231
Blue Pentacle
Always Pondering......
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to Blue Pentacle Send a message via Yahoo to Blue Pentacle
Hi There,


After some thought, I have come to dwell on a question which, possibly, others may have considered too, but I choose to float it here for open discussion.


I was wondering on a theoretical scenario in which Miria, leader of the "Ghosts", is either killed, incapacitated or captured. In this respect, I was wondering who might take command or who might already be afforded that role should such a situation arise .


Going by the conventions of the organisation, that would put Cynthia in command; though going by power, Clare would come to the fore.


It is a question that has lingered for a bit and is entirely open for discussion, should the forum be interested.


Thank You,


Blue Pentacle.
__________________


Fascination in silver eyes and ebony form.
Blue Pentacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 00:16   Link #1232
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: here there and everywhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Pentacle View Post
Hi There,


After some thought, I have come to dwell on a question which, possibly, others may have considered too, but I choose to float it here for open discussion.


I was wondering on a theoretical scenario in which Miria, leader of the "Ghosts", is either killed, incapacitated or captured. In this respect, I was wondering who might take command or who might already be afforded that role should such a situation arise .


Going by the conventions of the organisation, that would put Cynthia in command; though going by power, Clare would come to the fore.


It is a question that has lingered for a bit and is entirely open for discussion, should the forum be interested.


Thank You,


Blue Pentacle.
i'm quite certain that the change of command would go to galatea. she's very intelligent, clever and can fight with the best of them. but they'll look to clare first, but she really wouldn't be interested in the least.

so yeah... galatea would be the best candidate for the job.
clarakiss~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 21:53   Link #1233
Ryuken
Claymore #01
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Maldives
I think Clare would probably refuse, like she does not care for such things as leadership and leading. She is like, "just jump into the fray" kind of girl.
Ryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 21:57   Link #1234
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Claire is the worst probably, next to Yuma I suppose. Most of it is disinterest since I can't believe she would want to take the job. She is too single-minded to be a leader.

I second Clarakiss in saying Galatea would be the best choice.
Shiek927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 22:24   Link #1235
Ryuken
Claymore #01
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Maldives
The thing about Galatea for me is that she still is not fully fetched member of the ghosts. But however, if she were to join them then I think most would agree that she would be the right person for the job, since she is the eldest and the most experience and also not to mention the all time eye of the claymore world.
Ryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 16:49   Link #1236
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
So...it's been quite a long time since i came back to this thread. For the manga readers (no spoilers please), can you tell me if you see an "ending" coming along any time soon? Or is there still a lot to the story?

2) How many "new" chapters has it been since the end of the ANIME. (Where the anime branches off from the manga is what im referring to).

3) Do you think/know if we'll be getting an anime adaption of the manga? Or is there still not enough material yet.

Thanks!

edit:
I've been waiting patiently for this series to end so i can either watch the anime adaption (if there will be one) in one go, or just finish the manga in one go.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 16:59   Link #1237
MisterJB
Warden of the West
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Casterly Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
So...it's been quite a long time since i came back to this thread. For the manga readers (no spoilers please), can you tell me if you see an "ending" coming along any time soon? Or is there still a lot to the story?
The manga almost seems to be coming to a closure, with almost all characters gathered in one spot. However, Yagi still has stuff to write about like the Mainland and he said that Claymore would be around 22 volumes long (correct me if I'm wrong). We are in volume 17 so, unless he changed his mind, the manga is not ending anytime soon.

Quote:
2) How many "new" chapters has it been since the end of the ANIME. (Where the anime branches off from the manga is what im referring to).
41 chapters, I think.

Quote:
3) Do you think/know if we'll be getting an anime adaption of the manga? Or is there still not enough material yet.
The problem is not about if there is enough material. The problem is that the end of the anime screwed up the storyline and unless they remake completely the last episodes, they can't continue the anime.
__________________
MisterJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 17:02   Link #1238
Arturro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cracow
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
For the manga readers (no spoilers please), can you tell me if you see an "ending" coming along any time soon? Or is there still a lot to the story?
IMHO second large "arc" is going to end soon, but as far as we know Claymore should continiue for at least 40-50 chapters. Anime moreless covers first large arc. Anime has different ending than manga.

Quote:
2) How many "new" chapters has it been since the end of the ANIME. (Where the anime branches off from the manga is what im referring to).
Untill chapter 58 anime has same plotline as manga, anime ending is much different from manga. If you don't want to read whole manga (manga is better than anime), start with chapter 57.

Quote:
3) Do you think/know if we'll be getting an anime adaption of the manga? Or is there still not enough material yet.
There is enought material, but anime ending differs so much from manga, that it's imposible to start second season after ending of first. It's possible to do another adaptation of Claymore, like Full Metal Alchemist and FMA Brotherhood, but I doubt I'll be anytime soon.

EDIT: MisterJB was faster Chapter 41 is a beggining of Witch Maw arc, chapter 57 is beggining of Invasion of Pieta arc. Inconsistences between anime and manga started even sooner, IMHO in chapter 31 (Clare vs Ophelia), but first major difference was Clare vs Rigaldo fight (chapter 58).
__________________
I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 17:02   Link #1239
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
They'd have to start the anime over so that there is no epic boss battle inside a volcano...and perhaps this new adaptation could include some of the random bits of humor Madhouse left out (such as the kiss Clare got in Rabona in the early part of the story LOL)
__________________
Go Yankees.

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 17:05   Link #1240
MisterJB
Warden of the West
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Casterly Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Untill chapter 58 anime has same plotline as manga, anime ending is much different from anime. If you don't want to read whole manga (manga is better than anime), start with chapter 57.]
The anime diverges as early as chapter 55. In that capter we had the Clare vs Flora figth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepearl View Post
(such as the kiss Clare got in Rabona in the early part of the story LOL)

Poor Cid. He ain't gonna have any kids after that kick.
__________________
MisterJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
claymore, q & a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.