AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Old 2010-04-24, 10:48   Link #1361
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

And are the ghosts able to suppress like they used to? Since they started using their yoki, wouldn't be tougher to suppress it again? Kind of like dropping marbles, you have to pick them all up, you can do handfuls but some are bound to roll off and take time to find...poor analogy, sorry.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 10:57   Link #1362
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
I'm a little confused - learns what?

Suppression? anyone can suppress, just not on Priscilla's level because it's a natural ability to her, more so then everyone else who also can do it naturally. She just does it faster and better then everyone else.

So I wouldn't worry, Claire will never learn suppression on that level . Claire's natural ability seems to be sensing, which she carried over from Teresa.

Yeah, Clare's ability is sensing, but so suddenly is the Wind Cutter, the Quick Sword and the Half Awakening if she can get rid of her subconscious block.

Of course anyone can supress their Youki, and that is a natural skill to anyone, otherwise they'd awaken right off the OP table.
To me it never seemed like any special ability Prissy had, she just didn't want to ever use her Youki and after months it was too well hidden for the guys to sense it, given that she had NEVER ever released it before (thus there never could any seep out, which would explain why it took her only months to completely erase hers).
She doesn't do it better at all, any Claymore can completely supress their Youki, Prissy just didn't take long with it.
That's why I say, if this is true, Clare may well learn it too, she'd have it even easier, seeing her strong will now and low amounts of Youki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
And are the ghosts able to suppress like they used to? Since they started using their yoki, wouldn't be tougher to suppress it again? Kind of like dropping marbles, you have to pick them all up, you can do handfuls but some are bound to roll off and take time to find...poor analogy, sorry.
Yes, that's a fact we know already. For example Helene and Deneve went and realeased their Youki when they fought with Isley and they said that they couldn't hide the traces afterwards well enough to try and run away from him.

When push comes to shove, that's when friction produces heat.

Sry for me bad English, ain't be me main tongue^^
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 11:41   Link #1363
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I want the databook!!
Do you mean you want to buy the databook like a volume of Claymore? or that you want a place to read it online?
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 23:08   Link #1364
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Do you mean you want to buy the databook like a volume of Claymore? or that you want a place to read it online?
Either or. Just needs to be in English.

But I would buy it if it was ever released in English.
Old 2010-04-25, 21:33   Link #1365
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

sorry for late response. real life problems including no computer make me use a cellphone. savannah you cant win with this. suppression has always been her main powe and its in the databooks and said more then once. suppression is the main reason she was sent to fight teresa not her power or anything else. yes anyone can supprrss but hers excels over all others. it takes the ghosts seven years to suppress meager power but she can supress 3~4x ao level practically insyantly. not sure why youre complaining either if you dont want claire to get syronger XD
Shiek927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 17:29   Link #1366
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

Quote:
sorry for late response. real life problems including no computer make me use a cellphone. savannah you cant win with this. suppression has always been her main powe and its in the databooks and said more then once. suppression is the main reason she was sent to fight teresa not her power or anything else. yes anyone can supprrss but hers excels over all others. it takes the ghosts seven years to suppress meager power but she can supress 3~4x ao level practically insyantly. not sure why youre complaining either if you dont want claire to get syronger XD
Okay, to clarify things, I never said that what I say must be correct, it's what due to the story feels to be correct. I rarely do a check if I remember things right, cause I'm lazy and usually have good enough memories to remember what I thought when I read a certain part of any story. And that's what I base any assumptions on.
Once again, I never said my theories are correct, I just think they are until somebody, anybody proves me wrong by either giving me a certain chapter, a link (to the databooks for example) or a picture (translated databook for example), or some kind of reasoning surpassing mine.
She may well excel at her ability, and by the way, that's what I've been saying. I said she should be really good at it, since she's at least a nigh perfect being. I just said, that suppression, no matter the level, is a natural ability to anyone and thus might be trainable in any way. Which in me wakes the suspicion, that Clare will learn that too, probably even in the fight with Prissy, just to increase her chances to attack her (off guard).
Uh, right. Claymores don't take weeks to surpress their Youki, they do it instantly, but not perfectly, which means stuff seeping through. Or, they actually totally get rid of any Youki, but what then remains are kinda the "tracks" of the Youki and those can be sensed until they fade after not being "occupied" by flowing Youki for years. That's how it seemed to me, when ever somebody in the manga talked about stealth by Youki supression.
That would mean, Prissy just learned to erase those left over traces, too. And probably, the stronger a Claymore, the more perfect they are at it. Teresa seemed to be quite good actually, just not good enough to escape other higher level warriors.

Edit: forgot to say this:
I do want Clare to get stronger, but unless executed really well by Yagi, I wouldn't want her learn some kind of haxz0r move like total stealth on a moment's notice. I mean, look, how much fun is it to see Clare killing any AB with a single strike before they have the chance of fighting back? Probably the first time, after that it'd get monotonous.

Off topic: Just had a funny idea. lets create some new randum irregular verbs.
to seem, semt, semt.

Old 2010-04-26, 21:33   Link #1367
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
Edit: forgot to say this:
I do want Clare to get stronger, but unless executed really well by Yagi, I wouldn't want her learn some kind of haxz0r move like total stealth on a moment's notice. I mean, look, how much fun is it to see Clare killing any AB with a single strike before they have the chance of fighting back? Probably the first time, after that it'd get monotonous.
An incoherent thought I've been having that I tried to put to words... (believe I might have mentioned it once before)

Spoiler for random though on this:
Old 2010-04-27, 10:32   Link #1368
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Uh, right. Claymores don't take weeks to surpress their Youki, they do it instantly, but not perfectly, which means stuff seeping through. Or, they actually totally get rid of any Youki, but what then remains are kinda the "tracks" of the Youki and those can be sensed until they fade after not being "occupied" by flowing Youki for years. That's how it seemed to me, when ever somebody in the manga talked about stealth by Youki supression.
That would mean, Prissy just learned to erase those left over traces, too. And probably, the stronger a Claymore, the more perfect they are at it. Teresa seemed to be quite good actually, just not good enough to escape other higher level warriors.
So you're telling me, that a warrior can supress their yoki to same Ghost-like state instantly? Yeah right.

Rafaela, the Ghosts...it took ages of fully-suppressing their yoki and never using it. to bring it to a perfect state like that. Even Riful, who is extremely powerful and has had much experience in suppression due to her long age, wasn't perfect as Claire and Galatea was able to sense her.

If anything, the stronger a warrior it is, the tougher it is because they have much more to cover up. Suppression in that sense, has to match with how much power they have. Yes, Teresa was good at it, but their was never anything inheritly unique about it, she was just as good as the other high-levels who were able to detect her. Teresa however, is an Eye in many ways, and the fact she wasn't able to detect Priscilla, shows their was something different with her.

You also brought up before the Windcutter, and things like that...those are practiced techniques, anybody can learn them if they want. It's not something as inherit and basic and yoki suppression. The only real difference is that Priscilla is naturally far above everyone else in that category. You say then that it's possible that others can get to her level eventually with intense training - I don't think so because, even if it's possible to fully-mask your yoki like Rafaela and the Ghosts did, their is no way they can keep emulating that level of effeciency with the same speed as hers.

Whatever, we're going back and forth about this.
Old 2010-04-27, 15:03   Link #1369
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

Quote:
So you're telling me, that a warrior can supress their yoki to same Ghost-like state instantly? Yeah right.
And in what way did I say that? Re-read my post carefully, please. Until you understand what exactly I was saying, and that in fact, it was only a slightly different outlook at the same process.

Quote:
Rafaela, the Ghosts...it took ages of fully-suppressing their yoki and never using it. to bring it to a perfect state like that. Even Riful, who is extremely powerful and has had much experience in suppression due to her long age, wasn't perfect as Claire and Galatea was able to sense her.
Which, once again, is exactly the same stuff I said.

Quote:
If anything, the stronger a warrior it is, the tougher it is because they have much more to cover up. Suppression in that sense, has to match with how much power they have. Yes, Teresa was good at it, but their was never anything inheritly unique about it, she was just as good as the other high-levels who were able to detect her. Teresa however, is an Eye in many ways, and the fact she wasn't able to detect Priscilla, shows their was something different with her.
I never doubted, that Prissy wasn't special, in fact, I repeatedly said that Prissy is much better, if not perfect at suppression, more than anyone else.
I personally suspect that Prissy never had to spend time to go stealth the way the Ghosts or Rafaela did, since from the beginning she never used her Youki and thus never had any traces of it lingering around inside her. As some character (Irene?) said in the Slayers arc, she not once let her Youki out.
I have to say here again, I didn't read the data books and I won't either, unless somebody links me to a certain page for prove. I want to read and speculate around the story as unbiased as possible, not counting the community.
The stronger the warrior, the more Youki they have to suppress, but the better they get at everything compared to the lower ones. That at least is the way the story makes it appear. That's why I say, they might be much more effective at suppression than all those lower lvl ones, Prissy at the top of them. This would be logical from another perspective:
Those with a weak Youki don't need to be careful about their emitation of Youki, but those with large amounts of it, have to try and reduce the range at which they may be sensed by Yoma, or they all run away as soon as they realize that a big ass strong warrior is coming. And that means the Org gets no money for their experiments. All of this leads to the strong guys being way more profecient at suppression than weak ones. Clare is an exception, as she often suppressed her Youki in order to read her enemies.

Quote:
You also brought up before the Windcutter, and things like that...those are practiced techniques, anybody can learn them if they want. It's not something as inherit and basic and yoki suppression. The only real difference is that Priscilla is naturally far above everyone else in that category. You say then that it's possible that others can get to her level eventually with intense training - I don't think so because, even if it's possible to fully-mask your yoki like Rafaela and the Ghosts did, their is no way they can keep emulating that level of effeciency with the same speed as hers.
I really don't think Prissy's suppression is inherited. From whom would it be inherited? Or do you mean inherent? Yes, it's inherent, due to her strong hatred for Yoma and anything related. That'd be the reason she never ever wanted to use her own Youki. Which, as I stated above, would mean, that she didn't have any Youki lingering around like the rest of the warriors do.
Now that she awakened, she has her full potential uncovered, she can do anything better than anyone and to that counts her ability in Youki Suppression.
But that doesn't mean, that nobody can reach her effectiveness at anything.
I mean, Clare has far less to suppress and still can do it better than anybody else her Youki level. Wouldn't be much of a stretch to think that in a serious fight she just might find the trick the awakened Prissy seems to use for total and perfect suppression. IMO, there has to be some kind of knack to it, otherwise the awakened Prissy wouldn't be able to wipe all traces of her now way stronger Youki after she never had to do that while she was still a warrior.
Nobody will reach Prissy's level of strength or what ever, but they can well reach that same rate of efficency.

Quote:
You're right there. But we could actually progress if we'd read each other's posts seriously.

Last edited by Savannah; 2010-04-27 at 15:18.
Old 2010-04-27, 15:16   Link #1370
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
That is a perpetual standard of the Claymore forum.

And I am browsing Amazon.com and they have Funimation's trailer for Claymore on there for you to watch. They show Priscilla beheading Teresa in the trailer. I think I've already brought this up, but that's messed up. What are those people thinking.
Old 2010-04-27, 15:23   Link #1371
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

Quote:
That is a perpetual standard of the Claymore forum.

And I am browsing Amazon.com and they have Funimation's trailer for Claymore on there for you to watch. They show Priscilla beheading Teresa in the trailer. I think I've already brought this up, but that's messed up. What are those people thinking.
Do you mean that?
I mean, that happens all the time in the series... :P People beheading stuff and the other way around, too.

Old 2010-04-27, 15:49   Link #1372
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
You're right there. But we could actually progress if we'd read each other's posts seriously.
you say tomato, I say to-ma-to .

Their IS a difference between our beliefs, which I've already gone into(basically you think it's possible for a person to match her suppression in terms of effeciency, and I say no), though it seems we basically agree on most parts albeit a few things here and there.

Yes, when I say inherit, I'm trying to say it's a natural talent she was born with that surpasses those much older and more experienced in the same thing.

Quote:
I have to say here again, I didn't read the data books and I won't either, unless somebody links me to a certain page for prove. I want to read and speculate around the story as unbiased as possible, not counting the community.
Hasn't Ryus already given you the links to that? translated and all?

He has a photobucket account with all the pages, included the english-translated ones.
Old 2010-04-27, 15:56   Link #1373
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
you say tomato, I say to-ma-to .

Their IS a difference between our beliefs, which I've already gone into(basically you think it's possible for a person to match her suppression in terms of effeciency, and I say no), though it seems we basically agree on most parts albeit a few things here and there.

Yes, when I say inherit, I'm trying to say it's a natural talent she was born with that surpasses those much older and more experienced in the same thing.

Hasn't Ryus already given you the links to that? translated and all?

He has a photobucket account with all the pages, included the english-translated ones.
Think that was a different thread and for a different user (DragoZERO) but it was recent

I'll send Savannah the link just in case.
Old 2010-04-27, 16:43   Link #1374
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

Thanks a bunch, but I likely, won't read all of them, only when something needs the official data for proving.

Inherited means you get something from your ancestors, be it wealth or knowledge or what ever else.
Inherent means something you've had from the start, usually not something material, inherent is used for skills, traits and the like.
Yah, we generally agree on most things, and for the rest, I don't plan on denying yours, I just wont have my mind changed that easily, as the way I currently understand Claymore is the way I enjoy it for now.^^

Old 2010-04-27, 17:34   Link #1375
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Think that was a different thread and for a different user (DragoZERO) but it was recent

I'll send Savannah the link just in case.
Yeah, and I replied back that I was unable to read them and never got an answer.
Old 2010-04-27, 17:47   Link #1376
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Yeah, and I replied back that I was unable to read them and never got an answer.
Those where the largest sizes I have. Sorry, I thought I had responded. I think an event on the 102 thread caused a few things to slip my mind. I've tried blowing them up on the PC myself with just about every program I've got but all failed to keep the image crisp even with a small increase in size. Sorry again. However being the Claymore freak I am that didn't stop me from trying one other idea... I tried printing each stretched out to a full page and it worked. I could read them great and they where much bigger.

If you still want a larger size though your either going to have to contact the scanlators here to up load a larger size http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17996 or just use there posted translations there and make a larger size yourself. Sorry I'm just too busy in real life to do it myself for you, just moved and all so life is still a bit hectic for me at the moment.
Old 2010-04-27, 21:24   Link #1377
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Those where the largest sizes I have. Sorry, I thought I had responded. I think an event on the 102 thread caused a few things to slip my mind. I've tried blowing them up on the PC myself with just about every program I've got but all failed to keep the image crisp even with a small increase in size. Sorry again. However being the Claymore freak I am that didn't stop me from trying one other idea... I tried printing each stretched out to a full page and it worked. I could read them great and they where much bigger.

If you still want a larger size though your either going to have to contact the scanlators here to up load a larger size http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17996 or just use there posted translations there and make a larger size yourself. Sorry I'm just too busy in real life to do it myself for you, just moved and all so life is still a bit hectic for me at the moment.
That's more than enough. Photobucket sometimes makes the images smaller, so I thought you might have had the originals in a larger resolution. It looks like whoever did the editing made it too small, or Photobucket changed the resolution since it looks like they put it on there too.
Old 2010-04-30, 20:04   Link #1378
Blue Pentacle
Always Pondering......

Send a message via MSN to Blue Pentacle Send a message via Yahoo to Blue Pentacle
Hi There,

While reflecting upon where the manga has led us here, on the forums, I started to ponder and then arrived at a interesting question; which I now speak of here, if the forum should feel taken enough with the concept to pass it about.

Considering what we have seen so far, I have come to wonder on the relative similarities of Alicia and Clare, in some respects; particularly in their awakened capacities and abilities.

Thinking of Alicia's power and awakened form, a weapon of destruction specialised in cutting, and then Clare's, which the fandom has taken to calling the "Queen of Blades", I was wondering who might emerge victorious from a encounter in which both were tested extremely.

Spoiler for Clare - "Queen of Blades":

Spoiler for Alicia - "Weapon Specialised in Cutting":

Reflecting upon their offensive abilities, agility and speed, I am curious as to which one might emerge successful, though I now leave it to the forum to think over, if it likes .

Thanks,

Blue Pentacle.

Fascination in silver eyes and ebony form.
Blue Pentacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 21:13   Link #1379
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

That is kind of a useless topic. There is no telling how strong Clare would be fully awakened; she may never even fully awaken.
Old 2010-05-03, 00:00   Link #1380
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
That is kind of a useless topic. There is no telling how strong Clare would be fully awakened; she may never even fully awaken.
You might be right about that. But if there was ever a time for Clare to awaken, then now is the time.
Ryuken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
claymore, q & a