AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-07-31, 13:19   Link #121
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hollywood CA USA
Anybody have a clue where these Yomas' come from? It's like there's an abundant supply of these demons in each village. How do you become a yoma anyway...bad karma?
hollywoodlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 13:20   Link #122
Seska
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 41
Not explained official yet... But, you can speculate of course.
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 06:56   Link #123
corkii
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to corkii
I'm not sure is this a speculation or a question,
Since we saw Galatea pull Clare back from awakening, then Clare uses the same technique to pull Jean back.
I wonder can someone/monster that has extreme skills with youki can force a claymore to awaken? like suck/use their youki to make them awaken?
corkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 12:21   Link #124
Seska
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by corkii View Post
I'm not sure is this a speculation or a question,
Since we saw Galatea pull Clare back from awakening, then Clare uses the same technique to pull Jean back.
I wonder can someone/monster that has extreme skills with youki can force a claymore to awaken? like suck/use their youki to make them awaken?
Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-08-02 at 15:06.
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 13:27   Link #125
throrine
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somewhere you are not
Age: 29
Send a message via Yahoo to throrine
question about female biology

uh this is for manga readers only. dont know if this thread has spoilers or not but just in case.

Spoiler for manga only:
throrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 20:45   Link #126
dxanato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boston
Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Spoiler for Women body:
__________________
Gokigenyou
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 11:13   Link #127
jyle_t
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
a question i've been thinking since i came across "awakened beings":

are yomas that much of a bunch of losers? 100% yoma inferior to 1/2 yoma, 1/2 humans? there's gotta be some sort of yoma king around to make up for all those weaklings.
jyle_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 11:41   Link #128
dxanato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boston
Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyle_t View Post
a question i've been thinking since i came across "awakened beings":

are yomas that much of a bunch of losers? 100% yoma inferior to 1/2 yoma, 1/2 humans? there's gotta be some sort of yoma king around to make up for all those weaklings.
Well the current answer is yes from what we seen. Yoma unless they are very old or unique(ie flier or something else) can't really go 1 on 1 against a Claymore.

I will give this example steel is stronger than iron. In order to make steel you need iron and carbon the combination make it stronger than before. The same can be apply where human combination with Yoma just make it stronger.

Also the author still has reveal a great deal of the Claymore world so there maybe more for him to use should he need to throw something new to our favor character in their quest.
__________________
Gokigenyou
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 17:47   Link #129
throrine
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somewhere you are not
Age: 29
Send a message via Yahoo to throrine
It would make some since if yoma did have some sorta of awakening on their own. Maybe that will be touched on later. Would make for a good villian that not only hates humans but awakened, claymores and the organization.

On another note. I'm not sure if this should be posted in the Claymore biology thread of here so i'll post it here first.

Claymores sence yoki as part of their battle stratagy. Since no yoma has yet to be talked with for anything more than " i ate ur family " we dont know if yoma can sence yoki also. It would make a great deal of sence if they could though, since claymroes are half yoma, they retain that natural quality of the yoma specificly. Or maybe it is a result of training and the hybridization that create claymores.

So how do yoma hunt humans? i'd say scent. scent is a general natural ability that many animals possess in various forms of intensity. Also, after the first brain is eaten i'd say a general understanding of what it is to be human helps a great deal also.

Going back to the episode in which ophiella battled clare shortly. Raki was able to sneak up on her pretty effectivly. He even managed to cut her. But being a claymore her responces and natual battle tactics are above that of normal humans, thus i think as soon as she felt the pain of the cut she moved away from the blade, thus minimizing the dmg. The reason i say this is because i doubt Raki was just trying to cut her cheek in responce to her atk on clare. At the time he is also not experienced enough with the sword to distinquish between a cut and a swing, the difference being a warning and a fatal blow to remove a foes head. I'd havta go back and watch the episode again, i dont have it right now, but it is possible she heard him coming at the last second, again i dont have that episode anymore.

Why was he able to get so close to her? My thought is that because of her mental state at the time she wasnt paying as much attention to her surroundings, and because she didnt notice raki before hand, him being human and thus not having any yoki to sense on her radar, he doesnt have alot of bulk to him being young, he wheres no real armor ( i think i saw a shoulder pad made of leather on him once) allowing him to be sneaky even without trying to hard. These elements combined let him get that attack in.

I say all this to provide reason for my fallowing question.
My question is in relation to raki and claymore abilities. Can claymores not sence humans the way they do yoma and awakened beings, because they do not have yoki?

i dont know if this thread closes spoilers but just in case. If you havent read the manga i have no example to present to you. And pleas make sure you have read all the manga so far i dont want to be spoiling anything just in case.

Spoiler for manga readers only:


Also the ingrained mental traning to not assult humans that gripps many claymore could also be used against them in a battle against humans. Though i'd imagine that after a certain point survival instincs ought to kick in. And obviously some calymore are able to overcome naivaty by simply living for a long time. Realizing the that nat all humans are to be protected/respected simply because they are human. Even some humans are as bad as yoma. Our own words history in real life proves that for the most part. though no such battle has ben hinted at yet.
throrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 00:50   Link #130
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
It seems you want a discussion since there is no simple fact previously presented in the manga that can answer you question. This thread is not the correct place for a discussion. If you really want a question, I can only find one relevant sentence in your post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by throrine View Post
II say all this to provide reason for my fallowing question.
My question is in relation to raki and claymore abilities. Can claymores not sence humans the way they do yoma and awakened beings, because they do not have yoki?
The answer to that question is that Claymore cannot sense humans in the same way that they sense Claymores, Youma and Awakened Beings. They have a sixth sense that will alert them to the presence of youki in those beings. Humans have no youki so they can only be sensed with ears, eyes, etc.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 17:37   Link #131
danaman
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Does anyone know if there will be a second season? I read some where it only goes up to episode 26. I can watch this stuff FOREVER SO DAMN GOOD!
danaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 17:45   Link #132
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
I'm getting so tired of this question. There is barely enough manga to make a season 1! At the rate that the mangaka writes (1 chapter a month) there won't be enough material for a second season for another 5-6 years. Ask again in 5 years. Until then please don't join the many voiced chorus of people who simply don't know that it is going to take 6 years for Yagi-sensei to write another 12 volumes of manga.

The only way you can hear news of a season 2 is if Madhouse decides to create an entirely original story that has nothing to do with the Claymore manga.

Spoiler for proof:
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 17:46   Link #133
Itachi-evil
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Well for the 1000th time now, it won't make sense to produce a 2nd season, only if they make an orginal story themselves without the manga as source, then perhaps.
What is the idea behind waiting 4/5 years for a 2nd season? The chances imo are almost 0.

I think with 26 episodes they will make an original ending for the anime, something like Gantz.

edit: damn it! xD There was someone faster than me.....-.-
Itachi-evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 01:39   Link #134
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Washington
Age: 26
Just wondering.. do dwellers of the deep eat humans? Something I was pondering about for a while now. Seems to me like they just sit in caves.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 02:19   Link #135
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
Just wondering.. do dwellers of the deep eat humans? Something I was pondering about for a while now. Seems to me like they just sit in caves.
We have already been informed that Awakened Beings eat human guts. Dwellers in the Deep are Awakened Beings. Therefore Dwellers in the Deep eat human guts.

Incidently Riful previously mentioned that life was just a cycle of eating and sleeping until Isley started stirring trouble. That means that she has to eat like other Awkened Beings, although she didn't specify who she eats.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 05:25   Link #136
NibelungTaisa
freshly noob
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
got this from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monthly_Shonen_Jump
dont know if it is asked already or if it belongs here...
Quote:
On February 22, 2007, Shueisha announced that Monthly Jump would cease publication as of the July issue (on sale June 6, 2007.) Sales had slumped to a third of the magazine's peak, though a new magazine called Jump Square will take its place starting November 2nd. [http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...0076-jij-soci][http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/nation...t024000c.html]

In a May 2, 2007 letter, Shueisha announced that Claymore takes a month break but it, Gag Manga Biyori, Rosario to Vampire, and Tegami Bachi will continue in Weekly Shonen Jump where details will be announced. [http://mj.shueisha.co.jp/suspend.html]
how reliable would this information be? does this mean that claymore will start to be released 1 chapter every week or will it still run 1 chapter per month in weekly shonen jump?
NibelungTaisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 06:18   Link #137
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
It's so reliable, it's already happening! (Two chapters have been published in WSJ.)

No, it doesn't mean it's weekly. It's still monthly.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 14:20   Link #138
Onceknown
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Question: Why does Priscilla look like a human in episode 19? I thought Awakened Ones can't revert back to their original self.
Onceknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 14:28   Link #139
Seska
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onceknown View Post
Question: Why does Priscilla look like a human in episode 19? I thought Awakened Ones can't revert back to their original self.
Unable to answer your Question.

Because, the Answer is a Big Huge Spoiler. Not really for ep.19, but for earlier ones...
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 14:53   Link #140
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onceknown View Post
Question: Why does Priscilla look like a human in episode 19? I thought Awakened Ones can't revert back to their original self.
What are you talking about? The first Awakened One we saw, in the Slashers, looked human. Riful and Duph looked human too. They can all look human if they so desire.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
claymore, q & a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.