AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-02-10, 03:42   Link #281
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
STOP!

This mini discussion about Theresa x Priscilla has already emphasized why we cannot simply assume all points can be expressed in a non-commital single post. chibamonster has made the only viable suggestion.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline  
Old 2008-02-10, 19:14   Link #282
Siegzon Caritas
Yuma! I CAN fight, too!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Earth
Send a message via MSN to Siegzon Caritas
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
I had a crazy idea. I have no idea if it would even work but I figured I would at least post the idea and see if it is possible.

How about a "Letter from the anime suki's claymore forum to Norihiro Yagi" composition thread? Sort of answering the question: if you were to write a letter to Yagi, what would you say? And then ... you know, send it.

I mean actually figuring out how to send him a letter, either writing one as a group or as individuals, get someone to translate (maybe even edit) it and hope like crazy for a response. Even if there isn't a response, we could tell him how awesome claymore is and encourage him (although he probably doesn't need it). It could even be a series of quotes from various users about how much they enjoy claymore. I am not sure if anyone else would be interested but I thought it might be a cool idea because I really enjoy my Claymore. If not a letter then maybe we could get an email address or something to send our thanks. People will probably have different ideas about what they want to send (if it interests them at all) so that could be part of the discussion too.
This sure sounds like a grand idea. I thnk I'd join in particularly if the letter is thematically a very big thank you from the fans who buy his Manga. Definitely some quotes when 77 was out would be good. I know I wasn't the only one gushing valid praise.

We should also remind him that the Yumapunch remains undocumented! /just kidding just kidding
Siegzon Caritas is offline  
Old 2008-02-15, 13:05   Link #283
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
From ANN today - Claymore has been licensed by Funi!

Do you need a new thread for that?
__________________
My Favorite Anime Quotes Courtesy of Answerman of ANN:

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline  
Old 2008-02-15, 15:29   Link #284
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Indeed we do. Claymore licensed by Funimation
xris is offline  
Old 2008-02-15, 16:59   Link #285
nghtelf
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
wow i really relaly realy@! dislike how i cant create a thread on my own -p-;; but here it goes.

i would like to create a thread that says: "Can You List all the claymores?"
because, i just want to know all the claymore's names because i want to use it as a character name in the game im going to play.

the reason why i want to make it a thread is cuz i cant remember everyones, i only know the essentials: claire, galatea, miria, matia, deneve, cynthia, tabitha, and... -_- thats all i can remember. I want to create a list on all of them, as they list them i will add them to a list which will be added to the first post i make
nghtelf is offline  
Old 2008-02-15, 17:07   Link #286
White Manju Bun
Dancin' fools
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtelf View Post
wow i really relaly realy@! dislike how i cant create a thread on my own -p-;; but here it goes.

i would like to create a thread that says: "Can You List all the claymores?"
because, i just want to know all the claymore's names because i want to use it as a character name in the game im going to play.

the reason why i want to make it a thread is cuz i cant remember everyones, i only know the essentials: claire, galatea, miria, matia, deneve, cynthia, tabitha, and... -_- thats all i can remember. I want to create a list on all of them, as they list them i will add them to a list which will be added to the first post i make
[Jap-Manga] Claymore Statistics, Power Levels, and Theories lists alot of the characters.
__________________
Archer - F/SNManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

"I am the bone of my sword."
-Archer
White Manju Bun is offline  
Old 2008-02-15, 17:19   Link #287
Voracious Reader
異常読欲者
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtelf View Post
wow i really relaly realy@! dislike how i cant create a thread on my own -p-;; but here it goes.

i would like to create a thread that says: "Can You List all the claymores?"
because, i just want to know all the claymore's names because i want to use it as a character name in the game im going to play.

the reason why i want to make it a thread is cuz i cant remember everyones, i only know the essentials: claire, galatea, miria, matia, deneve, cynthia, tabitha, and... -_- thats all i can remember. I want to create a list on all of them, as they list them i will add them to a list which will be added to the first post i make
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ore_characters
Voracious Reader is offline  
Old 2008-02-28, 19:45   Link #288
nine_tailed_kyuubi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
I want to know the reason why the anime ended ? And why did they make it so different from the manga ? To be honest IMO Claymore is the one of the best mangas ever written alongside Naruto and Bleach and the animators were doing hell of a great job in the series , i still read the manga, i read up to chapter 77 and everytime i read Claymore it is more exciting , for me the charecter development for Clare is the best i've ever seen in any story and so does make sense. I wish they remake the series.
nine_tailed_kyuubi is offline  
Old 2008-02-29, 11:38   Link #289
Arcananine77
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Requesting:

'Favorite fight in Claymore'
Arcananine77 is offline  
Old 2008-03-01, 01:26   Link #290
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Request denied.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline  
Old 2008-03-01, 03:00   Link #291
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
It's March the 1st. Shouldn't we have the next chapter's thread? some "fake" spoilers are already in.
__________________
Join the Army of Teresa
Teresa: That's because I was just that much stronger and because you don't understand (that), you are number 2.
Anima is offline  
Old 2008-03-04, 09:19   Link #292
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Request for a "ridiculous image" thread. Sometimes, we want to find art done according to the Claymore canon. Sometimes, we want to laugh our heads off at AU interpretations of the characters. Mixing both in the same thread is a bit messy.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2008-03-04 at 09:41.
yezhanquan is offline  
Old 2008-03-04, 18:58   Link #293
Exar Kun
The Abyssal Sith Lord
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Yavin IV / Poland
I'd like to request a thread about the Claymore RPG Fan-Game Silver Eyed Avengers (or even better for Claymore games in general, as there probably will be others in the future) which is being currently discussed in the Image Thread (which is certainly not the place for that). Or if not making a new thread, than at least moving the discussion elsewhere.

Last edited by Exar Kun; 2008-03-04 at 19:14.
Exar Kun is offline  
Old 2008-03-04, 19:03   Link #294
hell88
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exar Kun View Post
I'd like to request a thread about the Claymore RPG Fan-Game Silver Eyed Avengers which is being currently discussed in the Image Thread (which is certainly not the place for that). Or if not making a new thread, than at least moving the discussion elsewhere.
I'd like to request that as well.
hell88 is offline  
Old 2008-03-04, 19:05   Link #295
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: California
The RPG game isn't even official... and now you guys are making me download it and play...
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=74320&dateline=120433  1734
Synria_ is offline  
Old 2008-03-04, 19:57   Link #296
hell88
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Age: 26
Hey whoever made this game did a good job, I like it.
hell88 is offline  
Old 2008-03-04, 20:10   Link #297
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Yes, it is well past time for a thread to be created about that game. Would someone create it who knows more about it than me. Possibly someone who can read Chinese could post a starter for the thread. If you post it here, I will create the thread from that post.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline  
Old 2008-03-04, 20:57   Link #298
hell88
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Yes, it is well past time for a thread to be created about that game. Would someone create it who knows more about it than me. Possibly someone who can read Chinese could post a starter for the thread. If you post it here, I will create the thread from that post.
I haven't got really far in the game so far all I know is that its about the Teresa arc.
hell88 is offline  
Old 2008-03-05, 00:55   Link #299
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
You still know more than me. Oh heck with it. Nobody is volunteering, I'll just go create the thread now.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline  
Old 2008-03-05, 01:00   Link #300
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: California
This RPG was just introduced into AS... finding someone who has extensive knowledge of it that posts on this forum has the same chances of Yagi finishing the manga in 2 years.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=74320&dateline=120433  1734
Synria_ is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.