AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-15, 10:40   Link #421
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

@xris: Actually, the problem is really the opposite of one line posts. We had a discussion about Teresa vs. Rosemary and Teresa vs. Priscilla that started last week in the Claymore Statistics, Power level's and theories thread about here. and went on for 5 pages or so. You will notice the discussion starts when the posts become very long.

We actually do get into a bit of a fist fight towards the end as we are looking through the context of what the characters are thinking and saying as there are a lot of events leading to the major plot points and some of the translations are not great. There are a lot of pretty intense feelings about Priscilla vs. Teresa so we claymore fans on the forum are going to have some fights, disagreements and possibly even name calling in this thread you will be creating. I don't want to give you any false hope that the two sides see eye to eye. But all of that stuff is happening anyway without a VS thread. I think having a designated thread for the heated debate will keep the discussion from erupting other places and allow for a cohesive location to build up evidence as opposed to having to dig through years of posts to find things. If anything I think an appropriate thread would cut the conflict down.

Personally I would advocate a Teresa vs Priscilla: What Really Happened? As that qualifies the thread with analyzing the story and sets the goal of trying to figure it out. Though if anyone dislikes that thread title I am up for different recommendations.

And I would highly recommend you give Claymore a try. The Teresa vs. Priscilla fight is over by chapter 24. It may not be your style of manga but we certainly enjoy it.
Old 2009-04-15, 11:22   Link #422
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
@xris: Actually, the problem is really the opposite of one line posts.
I accept that, the point I was making was that we would not make "versus" threads (i.e. "Who would win" or "Who is better") threads because they invariably aren't discussion threads but just bragging "fanclub" threads that contain very little actual discussion. The examples of "Chuck Norris vs. Teresa"" (even as a joke) and "many fools who don't understand Teresa's greatness" (again, even as a joke) are reasons why such versus threads are not welcome.

As I said in my last post, I would have no objection for a Teresa vs Priscilla: What Really Happened? thread so it is clear (or should be) that I would not expect a thread of this nature to degenerate in such a way since it has been shown there is plenty to discuss. I would have no objection if other threads you suggested were created but since I have no knowledge of Claymore I would have no more opinion than for a thread request of "Is the moon made of blue cheese".

Since there appears to be few Mods following Claymore, I would suggest that an opening post for such threads are created here (in this thread). I can then move them and create the new thread from that. When creating the opening post, make sure the purpose and objective of the thread and the topic is clearly made. I would also suggest the usual Thread Guidelines are added to the opening post (here they are ready to be cut and pasted into the opening post).

Spoiler for Thread Guidelines:

I would also ask that such new threads are self-moderated to ensure that flame-wars and off-topic rants are kept to a minimum. This can be done by making use of the Report button if the situation arises.
Old 2009-04-15, 12:13   Link #423
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Thanks, that was just what was needed. New thread has now been created.

Teresa vs. Priscilla: What Really Happened?
Old 2009-04-15, 14:35   Link #424
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

Even as someone who tries to avoid that particular debate, i'll still say thankyou for making it so...

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Old 2009-04-16, 10:17   Link #425
Ryuken
Claymore #01

I am glad that the thread is created, now we must abide by the rules.
Old 2009-04-23, 09:36   Link #426
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Kayin
How about a "design a Claymore character" contest thread. The Claymore image thread has seen it's fair share of original character designs for Claymore, but they often get quickly buried with art for the official characters. Obviously this would have to be a series of threads, with the first discussing the rules and what exactly needs to be submitted. I would suggest handling it like official character design are you see in special edition artbooks and the like (full body shots from different angles, and several head shots with the character expressing different emotions. A written backstory would be nice too, but that might be a little excessive.

Just a thought, since the series is continuing to introduce new Claymore characters and I'm sure some artists around here are itching to share their own ideas.
Old 2009-04-28, 10:47   Link #427
little_angel
Watching From Above

time 4 claymore chapter 91 ..
Old 2009-04-28, 11:51   Link #428
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_angel View Post
time 4 claymore chapter 91 ..
Feel free to use the Claymore Manga - Japanese Version thread.

Last edited by xris; 2009-04-29 at 02:40.
Old 2009-04-29, 08:31   Link #429
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Feel free to use the Claymore Manga - Japanese Version thread.
thx alot ^^ ..
Old 2009-04-29, 09:16   Link #430
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Please give us an explanation why you suddenly decided to overturn years worth of policy, deleted the 91 thread.

Surely you've seen that new chapters can easily reach 1000 or more posts. How are we supposed to find anything in one giant japanese manga thread?
Old 2009-04-29, 17:13   Link #431
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Please give us an explanation why you suddenly decided to overturn years worth of policy, deleted the 91 thread.

Surely you've seen that new chapters can easily reach 1000 or more posts. How are we supposed to find anything in one giant japanese manga thread?
As I've stated in the chapter 90 thread, the 91 thread will be created when there is something to actually discuss about it.
Old 2009-04-29, 17:23   Link #432
Vinak
Procrastinator

why exactly is the Claymore community being so heavily moderated all of a sudden? would that be more of an appropriate question?
It's kind of a regular routine for us to make comments in the next month's thread. regardless of whether or not spoilers are available.
Old 2009-04-29, 18:16   Link #433
Newhope

Well i've seen a few panels from C91 so it shouldn't be to long till it's out.
Old 2009-04-29, 19:00   Link #434
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Actually, the creation of the new thread was almost perfect.
Most chapter threads usually start with the following (bold is my emphasis):

"The thread was created before the chapter was published. Usually false spoilers start to appear early so (naturally) people always need a place to discuss them."

The thread was created yesterday, and a fairly reliable chapter title appeared in the 90 today. And if panels are already popping up, then it looks to me like the timing was almost perfect.
Old 2009-04-29, 20:11   Link #435
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
why exactly is the Claymore community being so heavily moderated all of a sudden? would that be more of an appropriate question?
It's kind of a regular routine for us to make comments in the next month's thread. regardless of whether or not spoilers are available.
Slowly becoming famous I guess.
Old 2009-06-30, 06:28   Link #436
little_angel
Watching From Above

its time 4 Claymore chapter 93 ..
Old 2009-06-30, 06:55   Link #437
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Send a message via Skype™ to Throne Invader
When little_angel posts, there is usually something to be discussed. I think it's time for the Chapter 93 thread

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Old 2009-06-30, 14:25   Link #438
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

The thread will be created when there is something to discuss.
Old 2009-07-01, 02:39   Link #439
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragrantFlora View Post
When little_angel posts, there is usually something to be discussed. I think it's time for the Chapter 93 thread
thx ..

Spoilers everywhere and some totally unclear we need 2 discuss them if we want 2 know what will happen in the new chapter ..
Old 2009-07-01, 12:28   Link #440
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Spoilers are out, so it is time for a 93 thread.
Closed Thread