AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-01, 15:04   Link #441
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Thread is created. For future reference, I don't need to be begged in both threads about this. The reason I did not create a thread yesterday was because the spoilers posted were clearly fakes. Today we have something a little more concrete, so a new thread is worth putting up. Simple as that.
Old 2009-07-02, 02:52   Link #442
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Thread is created. For future reference, I don't need to be begged in both threads about this. The reason I did not create a thread yesterday was because the spoilers posted were clearly fakes. Today we have something a little more concrete, so a new thread is worth putting up. Simple as that.
Well, you are absolutely right about that, and I don't think they do it to annoy you @Solace, I think that most of them do it just prematurely.
Old 2009-07-11, 22:26   Link #443
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Can we get a chapter summery tread each mounth? It would be used only to summeries the chapter and not for discussion.
Old 2009-07-12, 02:14   Link #444
haegar
mangaviking

Though we could write a summary together in the chapter thread and a mod then could just put it into the first post? much simpler :P and much more fun hagglig over the details of the summary
Old 2009-07-12, 16:00   Link #445
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Given the time it takes for real spoilers to come about, this can be tricky. But starting next month, I'll do my best to get a summary going for each new chapter.
Old 2009-07-12, 16:07   Link #446
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
Can we get a chapter summery tread each mounth? It would be used only to summeries the chapter and not for discussion.
Would it be worth it Awakened?

Don't we basically summarize the chapters ourselves in our discussions?

Not to mention, everybody has their own perceptions and feelings about the chapter; the summary itself would probably be bias according to what the summary writer feels and/or wants.

I don't know, just doesn't seem worthwhile.
Old 2009-07-12, 16:39   Link #447
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Would it be worth it Awakened?

Don't we basically summarize the chapters ourselves in our discussions?

Not to mention, everybody has their own perceptions and feelings about the chapter; the summary itself would probably be bias according to what the summary writer feels and/or wants.

I don't know, just doesn't seem worthwhile.
It would make it easy for each person to sumeraze the chapter in one area, and then discuse the chapter in the chapter tread.

The summery that are in the current chapter tread are all over the place, having them in one place would make it easy to find them.

Allot of good ideas can be lost in a big tread.
Old 2009-07-12, 16:47   Link #448
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
It would make it easy for each person to sumeraze the chapter in one area, and then discuse the chapter in the chapter tread.

The summery that are in the current chapter tread are all over the place, having them in one place would make it easy to find them.

Allot of good ideas can be lost in a big tread.
What summery? Their's no summery in the chapter threads . As far as I remember/can tell, people just read it and go ahead and start talking about it, assuming other people have already read it, putting up spoiler warnings early on, and we begin the debates.

It just seems, what you're proposing, is something we already do ourselves in the chapter thread
Old 2009-07-12, 17:04   Link #449
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
What summery? Their's no summery in the chapter threads . As far as I remember/can tell, people just read it and go ahead and start talking about it, assuming other people have already read it, putting up spoiler warnings early on, and we begin the debates.

It just seems, what you're proposing, is something we already do ourselves in the chapter thread
Let me put it this way.

There are many interesting interpritation of the chapter, if you don't read the entire tread you will miss out on most of them.
Even if you read the chapter tread, one week later you might forget you most of what was said.
Having a summery will allow someone (depending on how it works out) to summarize the chapter in there own objective way.

It would be very interesting to read what people come up with.

People summarize the chapter in the chapter tread and thats OK, its just very difficult to keep up with all the different interpretations of the chapter when the information is all over the place and evolving.
Old 2009-07-12, 17:12   Link #450
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Let me put it this way.

There are many interesting interpritation of the chapter, if you don't read the entire tread you will miss out on most of them.
Even if you read the chapter tread, one week later you might forget you most of what was said.
Having a summery will allow someone (depending on how it works out) to summarize the chapter in there own objective way.

It would be very interesting to read what people come up with.

People summarize the chapter in the chapter tread and thats OK, its just very difficult to keep up with all the different interpretations of the chapter when the information is all over the place and evolving.
I think I get more of what you're trying to say .

Thing is, the information IS evolving; better and better theories come out all the time and we learn more about exactly what happened in the latest one, that most summaries are not "up-to-date" very quickly.

I suppose it's also not so bad when the main Chapter thread is also perhaps too big. We shift from topic to topic very quickly, this new idea might better organize everything
Old 2009-07-12, 18:04   Link #451
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Personally, I don't much like it as I'm not sure the idea will work all that great.

If it's just facts, well people read the raws or the scanlations anyways and make up their own minds. A summary of just facts might be useful for the breif time between a raw and a scanlation comes out. But that's really about it - too little to require a thread.

If we were to try and summerize the theorizing in the chapter thread, then it's highly subjective and it would be hard to keep discussion about these "summaries" out of any summary thread as there would obviously be disagreements. If we were to allow rebutals, then we basically end up with a second chapter chapter thread and defeating the purpose.

If what you want is to be able to find posts, then the best way is to get someone at animesuki to upgrade the forum search function to return the actual post, rather than the thread the post is in (or am I just too stupid to figure out how to use it?).

If what you want is a "readers digest" version, then a better approach might be a "notable theories" thread with the following rule: You are not allowed to post a link to your own theory (reason: who doesn't think that their own theory is the best thing since sliced bread?) - someone else has to nominate the theory as notable by linking to the orginal post. No reason to do it on a chapter by chapter basis either - one thread for all chapter should be sufficient. (edit: also allow 1- summaries or the theory if the theory evolves over multiple posts, and 2- corrections on prior mentions to the same/similar theories)
Old 2009-07-12, 18:11   Link #452
haegar
mangaviking

it seems cyclone has some points there

another idea though might be a "summary only" thread, where in each post, the chapters of the manga a summarized - so it would basically be a ressource for people new to the story (who'd get spoilerd that way so its not so much good in that regard) or it might serve as a ressource thread for discussion, where you can quickly look up in which damn chapter that scene was that you remember but just can't place.

There still would be the problem of how to manage that thread and of how to decide which one ultiamtely gets the "final" summary that than becomes canon so to speak

I guess I like the "post /relink others people's noteworthy theories" idea from cyclone most so far ...
Old 2009-07-12, 18:19   Link #453
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
it seems cyclone has some points there

another idea though might be a "summary only" thread, where in each post, the chapters of the manga a summarized - so it would basically be a ressource for people new to the story (who'd get spoilerd that way so its not so much good in that regard) or it might serve as a ressource thread for discussion, where you can quickly look up in which damn chapter that scene was that you remember but just can't place.

There still would be the problem of how to manage that thread and of how to decide which one ultiamtely gets the "final" summary that than becomes canon so to speak

I guess I like the "post /relink others people's noteworthy theories" idea from cyclone most so far ...
I'm still not fully convinced of the idea, especially with what you said here which makes too much sense to ignore:

Quote:
It's like what was previously said: We keep discussing and discussing and getting new ideas, their really isn't EVER a "final summary". Some chapters might be easy to summerize but take 93:

Claire coming out Raciella, how would we describe that when we don't know exactly what happened yet?

Cyclone's idea seems better, especially since the summary would be nominated by the most number of people, since like I said, everyone's theory would be bias according to their own beliefs on what happened.

But even then, the nominated theory may change in coming weeks when newer better ideas of what happened are thought of.
Old 2009-07-13, 23:33   Link #454
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Ah I see what the request was for now. Well it isn't that difficult to provide a Chapter summary (a few lines, something like is done for the Bleach manga threads), but yes the thread does evolve constantly as new theories and discussions come up. That part would be impossible to keep up with, but a general outline of the chapter once it's official isn't difficult to add.

I'll see about creating something for next month.
Old 2009-07-17, 21:29   Link #455
Ryuken
Claymore #01

If it's not too much trouble @Solace, I'm sure you can.
Old 2009-09-01, 15:22   Link #456
Aozora no Namida

Send a message via MSN to Aozora no Namida
Chapter 95 Discussion Thread, plz!
Old 2009-09-02, 10:17   Link #457
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Well, spoilers are coming out, so I think it's just about time.
Old 2009-09-02, 11:40   Link #458
haegar
mangaviking

lez not rush the guys; didn't solace say it might come a bit later cause he wanted to include that summary thingy?!?
Old 2009-09-02, 14:26   Link #459
Aozora no Namida

Send a message via MSN to Aozora no Namida
but there are real spoilers out already!
Old 2009-09-14, 20:18   Link #460
Arkham
Stoned Assasin

I was checking out the Naruto threads and I see that there are A LOT of silly threads there.

So I think we should have a "Wich Claymore Has The Nicest Breasts Thread" or something
Closed Thread