AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-26, 21:42   Link #13121
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikke View Post
Spoiler for Kill me..? Is that something you can do, little missy...?:
I couldn't help but notice the lack of Teresa's trademark huge forehead Not sure I like it or find it brilliant.

Very good image image but it doesn't feel perfect enough for me (close though )... I absolutely love many parts of it but I'm just not seeing them mesh perfectly to form the Teresa I see in my head. Maybe it's her upper lip being slightly too thin with a big gap between it and the nose, something seems off with her jaw's curvature (maybe I mean it looks slightly too flat and not 3d enough, the 3Dness is very good on the image but seems weak with the jaw to me... but I'm not quite sure that's the issue but something telling me there something wrong with the jaw line (maybe cheekbone or eye socket). Sorry what I'm trying to convey here is beyond my knowledge in artistry... ), her eyes seem to be focused on someone very close to her which might match her talking to Priscilla but for a portrait I'd have the focusing farther away (but I love the detail in the eyes ), and the lighting in the eyes does't line up.

Just a personal opinion and not a critique but I'd like to see some more feminine features on Teresa, sense beyond being the perfect warrior women she was also the perfect mother. While Teresa maybe a warrior she isn't a tomboy so even slightly more femininity would just suit Teresa image of being both cold warrior and perfect mother at the same time. Also while the hair is also insanely good... the image I've built up of her in my mind has her hair being slightly more poofy (not on top but on the sides). I'd also thicken the amount of hair she has on her sides... Teresa's hair seemed to flow a bit more where here it appears her hair almost ends with the portrait (more so in the front than back).
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 21:52   Link #13122
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
I couldn't help but notice the lack of Teresa's trademark huge forehead Not sure I like it or find it brilliant.

Very good image image but it doesn't feel perfect enough for me (close though )... I absolutely love many parts of it but I'm just not seeing them mesh perfectly to form the Teresa I see in my head. Maybe it's her upper lip being slightly too thin with a big gap between it and the nose, something seems off with her jaw's curvature (maybe I mean it looks slightly too flat and not 3d enough, the 3Dness is very good on the image but seems weak with the jaw to me... but I'm not quite sure that's the issue but something telling me there something wrong with the jaw line (maybe cheekbone or eye socket). Sorry what I'm trying to convey here is beyond my knowledge in artistry... ), her eyes seem to be focused on someone very close to her which might match her talking to Priscilla but for a portrait I'd have the focusing farther away (but I love the detail in the eyes ), and the lighting in the eyes does't line up.

Just a personal opinion and not a critique but I'd like to see some more feminine features on Teresa, sense beyond being the perfect warrior women she was also the perfect mother. While Teresa maybe a warrior she isn't a tomboy so even slightly more femininity would just suit Teresa image of being both cold warrior and perfect mother at the same time. Also while the hair is also insanely good... the image I've built up of her in my mind has her hair being slightly more poofy (not on top but on the sides). I'd also thicken the amount of hair she has on her sides... Teresa's hair seemed to flow a bit more where here it appears her hair almost ends with the portrait (more so in the front than back).
point well taken... I also think there's a lot of flaws in it... as in almost everything I draw

I think her face turned out too fat, lips too thin etc... and a pointier chin would've been better too

a little more 3dness and volumetric shading to the neck and jaw area... unfortunately I notice all of these by the time I finish it and I'm doing each one of those portraits only once, lol
Mikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 21:56   Link #13123
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikke View Post
point well taken... I also think there's a lot of flaws in it... as in almost everything I draw

I think her face turned out too fat, lips too thin etc... and a pointier chin would've been better too

a little more 3dness and volumetric shading to the neck and jaw area... unfortunately I notice all of these by the time I finish it and I'm doing each one of those portraits only once, lol
Fully understood wasn't begging for another (though now that you bring it up ). Just commenting so you could grow as an artist .
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 01:59   Link #13124
DeadGuyKai
Last of the Brunnen G
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Lexx by way of the Cluster
Less Talk! More Pics!

__________________
There's nothing on the radio when you're dead
There's nothing at the movie show when you're dead
There's nowhere left for you to go when you're dead
Do the dead, yeah, do the dead
Do the dead, surfin' dead
DeadGuyKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 04:31   Link #13125
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGuyKai View Post
Spoiler for It's just too hot...:
Do the kittens signify that she's about to get infected?
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 05:54   Link #13126
limao
DeAd
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
I have this cg of babe Clare with nothing but a night shirt and pink panties
I wonder what could be a good background for it ^^
limao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 06:23   Link #13127
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by limao View Post
I have this cg of babe Clare with nothing but a night shirt and pink panties
I wonder what could be a good background for it ^^
Post it.. right now

we'll imagine the backround
Mikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 07:13   Link #13128
limao
DeAd
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
I figured out an appropriate background...it will take some time to draw and paint
limao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 09:06   Link #13129
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Love your Teresa picture Mikke!

Teresa's large forehead isn't a trademark; Priscilla, Luciella, Miria in a few shots...if the girl has enough hair and doesn't have bangs, she usually has a pretty big forehead. Usually it's when they have alot of hair that comes from the sides, and not the front.

And yes, Teresa is tough, but she isn't a tomboy. She is second to Galatea in the intentional "overwhelming-beautiful" category.

Roflmao, when did you get to be such an art critique Ryus? .

Last edited by Shiek927; 2010-05-27 at 10:34.
Shiek927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 10:10   Link #13130
warrior
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RUSSIA, Moscow
Clare

Teresa and Irene
warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 11:15   Link #13131
Rennir
Requiem of Dreams
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Beneath the prodigious sky...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGuyKai View Post
Oh god, that is just too hot. Almost gave me a nosebleed . I wish more claymore characters looked like that .
________
LovelyWendie

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:35.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 12:30   Link #13132
Arkham
Stoned Assasin
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Pillars of Nosgoth
Age: 27
That lucky cat
Arkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 12:32   Link #13133
limao
DeAd
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
So you saying the one on top is more lucky than the two at the bottom?
limao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 12:51   Link #13134
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
the one in the lower middle has the best angle I believe
Mikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 14:58   Link #13135
Arkham
Stoned Assasin
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Pillars of Nosgoth
Age: 27
Gentlemen, I can see what you mean but the top cat (T.C. ) made physical contact with a important spot!
Her shoulder!
Arkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 15:07   Link #13136
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Roflmao, when did you get to be such an art critique Ryus? .
Always been a critique... The only difference is now I have artists to talk to and learn from. In short there was no point in explaining what i felt about an image in detail without someone to converse with, without that other person I'd just be trolling but with an artist to talk to where discussing there art style. I loved it when people noticed things I did with my very basic colored panels even when the comments where "You could improve if you...", I can only imagine an artist would like someone else pointing out all the things they did well with it and also not shying away from things that could be improved upon. I can get quite critical of cinematography too... Not to mention all the other topics you've seen me debate this whole year.

Now... I can shut off my critical nature (so I'm not always pointing out flaws) it's just that on a forum I'd rather speak my mind while doing so in a productive manner. I always hope others won't get offended by my criticalness but I'm not the type to not speak my mind. So if I ever offend anyone I hope they realize I didn't mean to but if not... so be it I'll try to smooth things over with them later.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 15:48   Link #13137
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: passed out inside a sea monster.
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Red face

[QUOTE=DeadGuyKai;3065892][/QUOTE

If only there where more pics of the claymores like this.
FormerAbyssalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 17:21   Link #13138
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
If only there where more pics of the claymores like this.
The artist (nyami on pivix) also has also made other Claymore pic. They are Alicia & Beth, Luciela & Raphaela, Riful, and Dietrich.

I really hope we gets lots more Claymore images from nyami!

Spoiler for Alicia and Beth:


Spoiler for Riful (looking slighty older):


Spoiler for Luciela and Raphaela (in non-standard uniforms):


Spoiler for Dietrich:
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 17:25   Link #13139
Rennir
Requiem of Dreams
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Beneath the prodigious sky...
[QUOTE=Ryus;3066886]The artist (nyami on pivix) also has also made other Claymore pic. They are Alicia & Beth, Luciela & Raphaela, Riful, and Dietrich.

I really hope we gets lots more Claymore images from nyami!


Spoiler for Riful (looking slighty older):


Cool! And at least this time some of her body parts weren't greatly exaggerated .
__________________
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 17:33   Link #13140
niwre-san
is a dork!
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Rifulololo

i kinda rush it a bit, but whatever.

Spoiler for pic:
__________________
niwre-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
images

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.