AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Old 2010-07-19, 21:55   Link #13941
Ryus
The One Eyed King

@zebra (or anyone else who choose to answer)

Do you think the sword looks sharper now? and like the skin tone on the leg better than before.

Spoiler for The Miria Pic (work in progress):

@anyone Think I should add some highlights and shadowing to the black ghost outfit...

---------------------

New page that I just colored... (contains a naked backside of Clare). Image is a work in progress. All thoughts are welcome (it's how I learn to get better)

Spoiler for Not quite there but still posting a Nudity warning... Pic is work in progress:

Done in photoshop elements 8. Time lapsed about 30 minutes of real work but a few hours debating exactly what color and tone the Yoki Energy should be... Still debating if I should add highlights and shading to Clare's hair since she's in a dream world

-----------------

Sorry for all the questions guys... but your comments help me learn to better my coloring skills

----------------

Cute as hell Priscilla Chibi Pic. By Pixie_van_Winkle @ deviantart.net

Spoiler for size:

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-07-19 at 22:34.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 00:22   Link #13942
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
@zebra (or anyone else who choose to answer)

Do you think the sword looks sharper now? and like the skin tone on the leg better than before.

Spoiler for The Miria Pic (work in progress):

@anyone Think I should add some highlights and shadowing to the black ghost outfit...

---------------------

New page that I just colored... (contains a naked backside of Clare). Image is a work in progress. All thoughts are welcome (it's how I learn to get better)

Spoiler for Not quite there but still posting a Nudity warning... Pic is work in progress:

Done in photoshop elements 8. Time lapsed about 30 minutes of real work but a few hours debating exactly what color and tone the Yoki Energy should be... Still debating if I should add highlights and shading to Clare's hair since she's in a dream world

-----------------

Sorry for all the questions guys... but your comments help me learn to better my coloring skills

----------------

Cute as hell Priscilla Chibi Pic. By Pixie_van_Winkle @ deviantart.net

Spoiler for size:
Very nice Ryus, but are you ever going to also do your own fanart? I understand it's much more difficult to pull off, but I just thought I'd ask.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
revan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 00:38   Link #13943
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
Very nice Ryus, but are you ever going to also do your own fanart? I understand it's much more difficult to pull off, but I just thought I'd ask.
No harm in asking.

I attempted to do my own humor cartoon last week and it looks awful... ... I can't draw on a PC with a mouse (I don't even have a mouse pad at the moment ). I need to get a tablet or something, then we'll see about making my own Claymore fanart. It will be sometime after that when I learn to draw human anatomy well though. So expect nothing in the near future.
Old 2010-07-20, 00:44   Link #13944
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra Send a message via Skype™ to zebra
Swordy looks sharper (cool you knew what I meant XD), but the leg still looks off to me.

I'm not entirely sure about the highlights/shadows for the outfit, though. Yes? No? No, idea XD
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 01:20   Link #13945
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Swordy looks sharper (cool you knew what I meant XD), but the leg still looks off to me.

I'm not entirely sure about the highlights/shadows for the outfit, though. Yes? No? No, idea XD
I'm glad I got what you meant about the sword too. I think it really helped, thanks for the comment.

Perhaps I just need to redo it from scratch and apply the highlights and shading in a different way.

Spoiler for redid the leg... no other changes.:

Better?
Old 2010-07-20, 05:06   Link #13946
limao
DeAd

Hey ryus if you want i can share my anatomy book with yah, its quite inspiring
limao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 05:08   Link #13947
haegar
mangaviking

well, overall I'm still favoring the gold sword handle as a concept, since it adds more variation to the pic. getting metal colors right is a b*** though, I feel with you, I once tried myself with vegas for coloring mmv panels ...

your silver is very nice though, that's definetly worth keeping working with. Likewise, the whiteish shimmer you added to the blade's edges works. As for the gold, if you don't get that one to work out, my 5 cents would be to stick to a silver handle, but tone it down to be more darker than the blade itself, indicating the differing metals for blade and handle are forged in a different way. Actually ...I think I'm using the wrong terms here I just notice...aren't we talking abaut the "cross-guard" or sth like that? the "handle" being the part where she actually grips it by wrapping her fingers around it? Real swords often have wood there, or leather strappings for a better grip... maybe consider making that part left of her hand some dark brownish colors? - although the dark gre<y already does work... but overal you have a lot of black/ dark grey....

as for her outfit, I like the black, but since someody raised the point...maybe either make the color layers on the outfit slightly "thinner" , so that the lineart and original black/white shading better shimmer through - or consider "composing" her black outfit color out of multiple colors ...that's probably gonna be time consuming though - I dunno if you get what I mean... remember the vol9 cover I plan on using for that witch's maw vid you helped me out with with attaching the missing sword part? have a look at clare's body armor in that one... it is overall pretty much black/dark blue... but a closer look reveals that "appearance of color" is made up of some more colors like blue, grey tones, even white for contrast and only some black... I guess that would mean at least another 2 to 4 layers though which sucks.

anyways... don't missunderstand me since I raised som many little points... it looks rly VERY VERY decent already. great work

as for the yoki explosion in the clare panel, sry but yellow doesn't work for me at all XD do try going with blue/white contrasts maybe ...

edit:here ya go, saves you searchin around for it XD

edit2: doh! my attempt to color clare rly looks so friggin cheesy compared to your miria

Last edited by haegar; 2010-07-20 at 05:21.
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 09:47   Link #13948
warrior

warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 12:54   Link #13949
limao
DeAd

New dinosaur species weee...
limao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 13:39   Link #13950
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
well, overall I'm still favoring the gold sword handle as a concept, since it adds more variation to the pic. getting metal colors right is a b*** though, I feel with you, I once tried myself with vegas for coloring mmv panels ...

your silver is very nice though, that's definetly worth keeping working with. Likewise, the whiteish shimmer you added to the blade's edges works. As for the gold, if you don't get that one to work out, my 5 cents would be to stick to a silver handle, but tone it down to be more darker than the blade itself, indicating the differing metals for blade and handle are forged in a different way. Actually ...I think I'm using the wrong terms here I just notice...aren't we talking abaut the "cross-guard" or sth like that? the "handle" being the part where she actually grips it by wrapping her fingers around it? Real swords often have wood there, or leather strappings for a better grip... maybe consider making that part left of her hand some dark brownish colors? - although the dark gre<y already does work... but overal you have a lot of black/ dark grey....

as for her outfit, I like the black, but since someody raised the point...maybe either make the color layers on the outfit slightly "thinner" , so that the lineart and original black/white shading better shimmer through - or consider "composing" her black outfit color out of multiple colors ...that's probably gonna be time consuming though - I dunno if you get what I mean... remember the vol9 cover I plan on using for that witch's maw vid you helped me out with with attaching the missing sword part? have a look at clare's body armor in that one... it is overall pretty much black/dark blue... but a closer look reveals that "appearance of color" is made up of some more colors like blue, grey tones, even white for contrast and only some black... I guess that would mean at least another 2 to 4 layers though which sucks.

anyways... don't missunderstand me since I raised som many little points... it looks rly VERY VERY decent already. great work

as for the yoki explosion in the clare panel, sry but yellow doesn't work for me at all XD do try going with blue/white contrasts maybe ...

edit:here ya go, saves you searchin around for it XD

edit2: doh! my attempt to color clare rly looks so friggin cheesy compared to your miria
... I'll try this... Tell me what you think of it now.

Light Gold Hilt/Cross Guard and highlighted and shaded outfit (which was a B**** to do... Turns out editing black is a pain... should have started with the blue then added a black layer or something).

Spoiler for Latest Update.:

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-07-20 at 13:52.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 13:56   Link #13951
Rennir
Requiem of Dreams
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Light Gold Hilt/Cross Guard and highlighted and shaded outfit (which was a B**** to do... Turns out editing black is a pain... should have started with the blue then added a black layer or something).

Wow Ryus, that's one of your best colorings I've seen so far. The claymore symbol is supposed to be red though, not black, if I remember correctly.
Old 2010-07-20, 14:12   Link #13952
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Wow Ryus, that's one of your best colorings I've seen so far. The claymore symbol is supposed to be red though, not black, if I remember correctly.
The anime did many of them in red (few where green or blue too)... however the volume 1 cover had it clearly being black (for Clare) but most of Yagi's later colored stuff show it being no different than the rest of the sword when the image was close enough to make out detail. I was planning on doing that to it as well once I'm about to do the finishing touches but made it black in the mean time so that the very light lines used to draw it wouldn't disappear when I did my endless recoloring, rehighlighting, and reshading.

Yagi also usually makes the sword hilt/cross guard non gold but I couldn't resist adding some color like the anime did. My goal is more manga looking and closer to Yagi's intentions but still some things are just engraved into the fans mind set, so I'll think about making it red. Though I'm leaning no at the moment... still I will try it out.
Old 2010-07-20, 14:25   Link #13953
haegar
mangaviking

well, what can I say: AWESOME WORK

sadly I just fed you a cookie recently

this one deserves a big one

edit: oh, I forgot: MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARR PLZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2010-07-20, 15:29   Link #13954
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior View Post
Me like this pic.
Ryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 17:16   Link #13955
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra Send a message via Skype™ to zebra
Ohoo way to go, Ryus! I dunno the goldish looks always off too me, have the silver handle in mind, but that's just me :3 But the goldish handle does look really good.

Like it, awesome job. You even made the slit at her leg more clear. It bothered me that it was a bit blurred when the line shouldn't be ^^
Old 2010-07-20, 17:22   Link #13956
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:

this is quite something ryus~ but miria's eyes.. i think it needs to be silver blue-ish?
clarakiss~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 17:29   Link #13957
Rennir
Requiem of Dreams
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
this is quite something ryus~ but miria's eyes.. i think it needs to be silver blue-ish?
I agree with clarakiss, now that it was pointed out. Miria would look better with slightly bluer eyes
Old 2010-07-20, 18:12   Link #13958
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Blue? D: She's a full claymore and not like that colour head :P
Maybe I'm just too fixed on the canon, but it's a fact they're all blonde and have silver/golden eyes.
They could shine a it more, though.

(maybe I'm just misunderstanding what you guys meant anyway )
Old 2010-07-20, 18:19   Link #13959
Rennir
Requiem of Dreams
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Blue? D: She's a full claymore and not like that colour head :P
Maybe I'm just too fixed on the canon, but it's a fact they're all blonde and have silver/golden eyes.
They could shine a it more, though.

(maybe I'm just misunderstanding what you guys meant anyway )
Here we go again, into another eye color argument . Well it is Ryus coloring it, so he can do whatever. And I personally think it would look nice with a blusih tint.
Old 2010-07-20, 18:32   Link #13960
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Uh sorry wasn't aware that's a hot topic Course he can do whatever.
It's just as I said .. they are silver; for looks and symbolism.

But of course a blueish tint can just be an artistic choice.

Tags
images