AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2010-08-06, 14:25   Link #14141
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Well... after my last post I felt like now was the time to stop working on this image. I'm a damn perfectionist and will never finish other wise This isn't the final copy but very close to it.

So here it is version G (one with grey eyes and one with blue tinted eyes (version H)) After looking at both I prefer the silver eyes but for some reason don't feel like denying the blue tint fans a blue tint )

Major difference are:
  • I went with a grey symbol and not a red one
  • added more shading and highlighting to the hair
  • added lip color (it might be a little too pink, tell me what you think... just don't say red she's not supposed to be even more sexy here)
  • Redid the buckles from scratch in an attempt to fix errors from version F (tell me which you like more, I found version f to be too bright)
  • Fixed the coloring where the sword and hilt merge

Spoiler for Pics:
Yeah, I think the pink, as light as it already is, is still just a bit too noticeable. So...how long till you get to version Z?

@Jean Claymore: Is it just me or is it impossible to right click on that link you gave? Because I found some really good Galatea stocks, but it wouldn't let me save them .
Old 2010-08-06, 14:29   Link #14142
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Yeah, I think the pink, as light as it already is, is still just a bit too noticeable. So...how long till you get to version Z?

@Jean Claymore: Is it just me or is it impossible to right click on that link you gave? Because I found some really good Galatea stocks, but it wouldn't let me save them .

At this rate... next month

Maybe I should add and overlay to the lips, should lessen the obvious pink and make it feel more natural.

Any opinions on the buckle changes or the grey symbol vs the red one? or the hair changes?
Old 2010-08-06, 14:43   Link #14143
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
At this rate... next month

Maybe I should add and overlay to the lips, should lessen the obvious pink and make it feel more natural.

Any opinions on the buckle changes or the grey symbol vs the red one? or the hair changes?
I don't know which buckles you're referring to . But the hair definitely looks more vibrant now. As for the symbol, whatever works for you. But, the straight line is a bit hard to notice in gray. The other parts are fine.
Old 2010-08-06, 15:03   Link #14144
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I don't know which buckles you're referring to . But the hair definitely looks more vibrant now. As for the symbol, whatever works for you. But, the straight line is a bit hard to notice in gray. The other parts are fine.
The ones on her neck and arms . aka the silver stuff they appear the be buckles to keep the arm sleeves nice and tight and same goes for the neck piece.

I debated about the visibility of the symbol, I wanted it to be just slightly off the color of the surrounding sword. As if it was the same color as the sword but just in slightly more obscured from the the light making it kinda darker. I was tempted to add line art to it to make it look more indented but realized that would be a mistake. Maybe I'll slight change the color tone of it though.

Now back to work on the skin and lips. Well, maybe after I read some more of Berserk (on volume 19 right now)
Old 2010-08-06, 15:54   Link #14145
limao
DeAd

If Clare was the daughter of Teresa she would be able to awake when she was chibi

She got the power !!!
limao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 15:59   Link #14146
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The ones on her neck and arms . aka the silver stuff they appear the be buckles to keep the arm sleeves nice and tight and same goes for the neck piece.

I debated about the visibility of the symbol, I wanted it to be just slightly off the color of the surrounding sword. As if it was the same color as the sword but just in slightly more obscured from the the light making it kinda darker. I was tempted to add line art to it to make it look more indented but realized that would be a mistake. Maybe I'll slight change the color tone of it though.

Now back to work on the skin and lips. Well, maybe after I read some more of Berserk (on volume 19 right now)
Oh...yeah, to be honest I didn't really notice the difference . I guess my eyes are kind of bad. I have to open up another tab and switch back and forth to see differences .
Old 2010-08-06, 16:07   Link #14147
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Oh...yeah, to be honest I didn't really notice the difference . I guess my eyes are kind of bad. I have to open up another tab and switch back and forth to see differences .
What you think I don't have to do that too? It's why I put my old post up too, so people could compare them.

Hell, when redoing the hair I had the old image right next to it so I could compare them instantly.

Having a reference is no sin nor a sign of bad eyes... it just means you don't have a perfect photographic memory.
Old 2010-08-06, 16:52   Link #14148
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by [thousandmaster] View Post
It's ashame that Miria is in a no win situation. She's got her hands full with the twins and if she manages to defeat it them. This trump card Rubel has mention will surely beat her down. Things are not looking too good for her.
Maybe if we make enough fan art of her Yagi will get the message to keep her alive
Old 2010-08-06, 19:24   Link #14149
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Another image I found on via that link that Jean Claymore gave us on those Korean blogs.

This one was one massive image (super tall) that once again refused to be save or copied. So I printed screen about 8 times to cover the vastness of the entire image then merged it in photoshop. Then had to create a imageshack account cause photobucket kept shrinking the pic

How ever this pic was worth the frustration... I mean just look at Teresa and Clare, Luciela and Raphaela, Clarice and Mitia, and all the rest.

Spoiler for Very tall image :D:

I only wish Yuma and Tabitha was in it
Old 2010-08-06, 19:44   Link #14150
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

What.On.Earth

The funny part is, as I was slowly scrolling down, I was wondering how many characters there would actually be . For a second, I thought the entire Claymore cast would be shown
Old 2010-08-06, 19:48   Link #14151
Joe_fh

Nice one Ryus.
It seem the Durarara ending became really popular since I've seen other huge casts presented in that similar way.
They should go all original on the Durarara ending and make it longer with every character and not just use it as a template
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 22:02   Link #14152
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Great authors think alike...

Oh, volume 18 cover:
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 22:09   Link #14153
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Great authors think alike...

I don't think Yagi was focusing so much on the mouth as well though ... just the legs... the legs... both have such nice legs... Though Yagi gave us a more provocative view

What was I talking about again?
Old 2010-08-06, 23:07   Link #14154
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I don't think Yagi was focusing so much on the mouth as well though ... just the legs... the legs... both have such nice legs... Though Yagi gave us a more provocative view

What was I talking about again?
Sigh...Ryus, control those hormones of yours . Who chose the color green anyways? Was yagi the one that did the coloring, or was it a fan?
Old 2010-08-06, 23:12   Link #14155
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Sigh...Ryus, control those hormones of yours . Who chose the color green anyways? Was yagi the one that did the coloring, or was it a fan?
A Chinese website (so it's not official color choices)... it's common that the big ones due manga sites this do this (especially of late, I think how it's how they try to gain the most hits on their page). 3 or 4 web sites have been doing this of late... though only 2 did it for this last chapter. Some how they get the manga ahead of time and thus release it on time with colored pages/panels.
Old 2010-08-06, 23:19   Link #14156
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
A Chinese website (so it's not official color choices)... it's common that the big ones due manga sites this do this (especially of late, I think how it's how they try to gain the most hits on their page). 3 or 4 web sites have been doing this of late... though only 2 did it for this last chapter. Some how they get the manga ahead of time and thus release it on time with colored pages/panels.
Oh, would that happen to be baidu/tieba? This has been bugging me for a while(because I can be a perfectionist sometimes ). About to go off on a short rant here, but technically, whenever you find pictures 大剑吧(translated Claymore吧), which is where I assume you go; it's actually Tieba, which is a separate part of baidu. Tieba is, simply put, a huge forum where people can open their own subforms, such as NBA, or Claymore in this case.

Anyways, back on topic, I really wanna know the real color. Someone should ask Yagi about this
Old 2010-08-06, 23:32   Link #14157
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Oh, would that happen to be baidu/tieba? This has been bugging me for a while(because I can be a perfectionist sometimes ). About to go off on a short rant here, but technically, whenever you find pictures 大剑吧(translated Claymore吧), which is where I assume you go; it's actually Tieba, which is a separate part of baidu. Tieba is, simply put, a huge forum where people can open their own subforms, such as NBA, or Claymore in this case.

Anyways, back on topic, I really wanna know the real color. Someone should ask Yagi about this
I believe the are all separate parts of baidu but hell if I really know. I really just know the translated names in google chrome (so this could be way off) and these groups sometimes post colored panels/pages. Sometimes users on the forum upload colored panels of there own too, but I have a hard time navigating anything like a forum in another language. You might have better luck
  • TSS
  • flying orange
  • LionKing (though they haven't colored anything since ch 103)
  • Alcatraz Island (used to from ch 75 up until around ch 85)

The real color of what exactly? green doesn't narrow it down too much
Old 2010-08-06, 23:34   Link #14158
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I believe the are all separate parts of baidu but hell if I really know. I really just know the translated names in google chrome (so this could be way off)
  • TSS
  • flying orange
  • LionKing (though they haven't colored anything since ch 103)
  • Alcatraz Island (used to from ch 75 up until around ch 85)

The real color of what exactly?
You know the real color of what. You're just hoping I will come out and say it. Fine. The real color of her underwear. Happy now?
Old 2010-08-06, 23:37   Link #14159
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
You know the real color of what. You're just hoping I will come out and say it. Fine. The real color of her underwear. Happy now?
Well, sadly there's been no official coloring of Galatea in her nun uniform (both me and Cyclone cry every night because of this, me being the colored panel freak and Cyclone Galatea's number 1 worshiper). So your guess is as good as mine

Who needs to keep his hormones in check, now?
Old 2010-08-07, 01:30   Link #14160
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Spoiler for eyesore (pikachu merged w/ Dauf??):

Last edited by Jean Claymore; 2010-08-07 at 01:43.
Jean Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images