AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Old 2011-09-10, 07:14   Link #17281
Robin GI
Hara Mamburu
*Artist

Send a message via Skype™ to Robin GI
Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
hm. irene. she sure has "grown" on us... also... nobra.jpg

apart from that I dont quite recognize rafaela on it but oh well, nice cosplay all in all

e-ehe-eehe
fist Gala, Raphaela, Jeane and Irene

I'll take IR Raphaela, u take the rest girlz!
Robin GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 08:20   Link #17282
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Roflmao, I'm a little confused Robin; you said you only do the characters who got killed, yet you you're doing Dietrich
Old 2011-09-10, 09:24   Link #17283
Robin GI
Hara Mamburu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Roflmao, I'm a little confused Robin; you said you only do the characters who got killed, yet you you're doing Dietrich

everybody will die someday somewhere =))) [no one lives forever?!]

anyway - look carefully what i said
~now I will only draw those who I want to~
Old 2011-09-10, 09:37   Link #17284
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin GI View Post
I won't draw Riful, because ..............................
(honestly, I wasn't going to draw pictures of this anime, until one day - when I started to watch it (at that time only 8 episodes were released) Teresa would not have died, her death inspired me greatly to heal that mental injury (I'm an impressible person) by drawing a picture with her. I do not draw quickly and while I'm drawing, emotions settle down. Then I drew Flora because she was next =)
Well, that's how it started... expecting that the next ones to die were Miria, Helen, Galatea I began to draw them =) And then the series ended and I moved to manga, where deaths continued - but the desire to draw was gone, especially when Galatea was blinded, it would be better if Yagi killed her, it wouldn't be so disgusting.
Thanks to Dietrich the inspiration to draw returned. So I decided that now I will only draw those who I want to, and who I want to draw next .... you already know it.
But I was never going and won't draw Abyssals - I just don't like them.

ALSo, I wrote 'booket' in Tatar pronunciation , but you've managed to figure out what that was

And, Where's LordRyus? ... I think he's ill or something like that... was hoping to see his comments on my prev.walls and my NEW pictures - so here are some more pics to him to all of you here. (if so, hope he will get better soon)

and my renewal wallpaper which I promised to make a few days ago
completely understand you. Some characters gives you inspiration and you should stick with those characters because they will show your true talents and my second favorite character is Teresa than Miria so you are drawing two of my favorites but what about the three N1s any luck with them (especially Roxanne?) because she is on my list now but by the way really loved Dietrich's wedding picture with a smile and everything i give you 10/10 for that one and the last picture was so beautiful .. looking forward to your next master piece
Old 2011-09-10, 12:10   Link #17285
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

@Robin: Beautiful pictures

However, reviews:

Of the two beach scenes with Dietrich, while I liked the atmosphere and positioning of the sunset one better, Dietrich seemed to blend in better with the daytime one with the palm tree shadow. Took a bit to figure out why: the shadows.

The palm tree shadow indicates that the sun is behind the viewer, and so the shadow of Dietrich's arm matches with that impression. The sunset one, however, has the sun directly ahead, yet the shadow of Dietrich's arm is still as if lighting was coming in from behind. A slight discrepenacy, but the subtle confusion it causes makes it not feel as "real".

The wedding chapel one (which, by the way, do you have a slightly larger version of?), with the light coming in from the windows directly behind Dietrich, would seem that it would cause her face to be a bit more shadowed. Just a little, to give it more contrast; as it is, it feels slightly too washed out, and slightly harder to distinguish from the background than it should be.

For the snowscape one, Miria's head feels a little too tall. That's about the only complaint I have there
Kinematics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 12:39   Link #17286
haegar
mangaviking

jeeez, kinematics, you are taking the top notch serious constructive criticism too serious:

I dind't even notice any shadows on that dee-beach pic in the first place?! you are lookin at it "wrong" (j/k)
Old 2011-09-10, 12:42   Link #17287
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
but the desire to draw was gone, especially when Galatea was blinded, it would be better if Yagi killed her, it wouldn't be so disgusting.
Disgusting? so what you are saying is that now that Galatea is blind she is disgusting? Blind Galatea is still hotter than Dietrich.

Although your drawings are very nice, i just can't fully appreciate them because i don't find dietrich attractive. You are a fantastic artist, it would be nice to see some new drawings of Teresa, Helen, or Deneve.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 15:15   Link #17288
Robin GI
Hara Mamburu
*Artist

off topic - I personally like Eri from School Rumble. I like her character, manners, voice, heck! everything about her, and what's more -- she's real, I mean she won't turn into an awaken or any other monster. I have great desire to draw a couple of pictures with her (along with Harima), I've even prepared a couple of templates
Spoiler for sketch:
but to my deep regret my vacation has ended and next week I am going to work, so it'll take long before I get to new pictures or get back to this forum!

and thank you for your comments, I am very pleased that you liked my pictures -- I've put a lot of effort in them, after all =) but if you compare my works with pictures by artists such as Loivissa or Goolooo - then my works are mere cartoons made by a caveman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_angel View Post
(especially Roxanne?)
okay, I'll try to do it, but Im not promise! dunno when I start and finish it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics View Post
@Robin: Beautiful pictures

However, reviews:

O-oo, thank you that you find little things in life! THANK YOU! I do not pay attention to some of them, but I admit obvious things and may be I will correct them in the near future.

Oddly enough, but I know about my mistakes, that's why these pictures are in low resolution - but just imagine - to kill 2 days only to draw "Dee in bikini" and then another day to draw the background... just to realize that messed up with shadows and the light, too... and that I have to return to the recently drawn work -- it makes my hair curl! I'm either going nuts or in half a year or maybe in a couple of years I'll find the strength to return to PSD files, to make them right..... although in my opinion it is not possible - I've redrawn Teresa like 15 times ... and I find mistakes and something to add, but as soon as I think about how much time it'll take I loose the desire to draw immediately and completely.

Good people even PMed me that I attached Dee's amulet (on her dress) and that it differs from the necklace =))) And it's true, I took it from Teresa, remade it for Dietrich, but then again!!! - I completely redrawn the necklace but with her symbol... and there's not so much time left... There are actually a couple of places where I made mistakes, but it's only to reduce the drawing time *(( I draw for the final result and make many mistakes ... because I'm always dissatisfied with my works = (
In any case, my pictures are just sketches which are far from completion and I'm going to return back to them not once or twice - (
but then the question is whether I need to return to old works or try to make new ones? Which one of you is for the quality, and who is for the quantity?

by the way let me remind you that every girl I've drawn is in not less than 6000x9000 resolution (a PSD file size is more than 1 GB - each of them has not less than 300 layers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
Disgusting? so what you are saying is that now that Galatea is blind she is disgusting? Blind Galatea is still hotter than Dietrich.
I consider facts and compare. Firstly, I'm not a fetishist in general and not a nun fetishist in particular. Secondly, I do not compare Galatea with other characters, but I do compare it with the previous Galatea! And that's why I ask a specific question, and tell me honestly -- which one would you prefer -- a blind nun or top model in a close-fitting dress?
In any case, all this is my humble opinion. Once again -- of all anime heroines I like Sawachiko Eri most of all. Her character reminds me of my GF =) But my has a hair cut like Dee, that's why Dietrich look very cute and more attractive than other girls.

Quote:
because i don't find dietrich attractive.
Listen - Listen - or watch! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOZ6ptqcbUc
Old 2011-09-10, 15:24   Link #17289
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

I would Prefer Blind Galatea to Dietrich.

But i do understand why you like Dietrich, if it is a certain hairstyle that you like, then i guess it does make sense.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-09-10, 19:26   Link #17290
haegar
mangaviking

@ robin since you are asking, I was teasing when saying kinematics gave too detailed input, if you ask me, I'm more for quality than quantity - I'd rather have an extremely happy moment over a good work of fanart once a month than go "oh well, great potential but rushed job" once a week but you should really ask yourself what are you for in any case I always thought your works are pretty much quality anyways - even if you yourself might notice more detailed aspects and not always feel so

good luck with settling back in to work, and maybe now and then on a weekend ... *grin*
Old 2011-09-10, 19:31   Link #17291
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar
jeeez, kinematics, you are taking the top notch serious constructive criticism too serious:
Haha.. Sorry, but it's the way I am. The more I like something, or respect the work put into it, the more fine-grained and complete the criticism. The higher the quality of the production, the more I feel the creator (artist/writer/etc) can understand and appreciate the intent of such criticism. The more nitpicky the criticism, the more it implies that the work is just that much shy of perfection.

I always try to put that effort into expressing how I feel about any work of art I love. I feel most... useless.. when there is literally nothing for me to criticize. It's far more difficult to write up a description of what was done 'right', as that implies a judgment of what the artist did, rather than how they did it, and I'm not as comfortable taking that kind of stance.
Kinematics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 19:33   Link #17292
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
I would Prefer Blind Galatea to Dietrich.

But i do understand why you like Dietrich, if it is a certain hairstyle that you like, then i guess it does make sense.
And I prefer Flora to any of the others. Point? :P
Old 2011-09-10, 19:40   Link #17293
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
And I prefer Flora to any of the others. Point? :P
Flora? But I'm guessing that you really like her, so Flora is yours.
My favorite is Helen, she seems kinda "naughty"

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-09-10, 19:46   Link #17294
rs claymore
rs dragon king

Spoiler for page 23:

ok both me and ssvineman have officially decided that we both dont know how many pages untill the comic is done
Old 2011-09-10, 21:03   Link #17295
DeadGuyKai
Last of the Brunnen G

Do the dead, yeah, do the dead
Do the dead, surfin' dead
DeadGuyKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 22:15   Link #17296
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGuyKai View Post
that is pretty cool, if i was a girl i totally would do that.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-09-11, 02:38   Link #17297
Reverzer0
Sleeping

^
Try it once", we will not laugh promise",
Reverzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 08:51   Link #17298
rs claymore
rs dragon king

have ur gf do it and then take a snapshot of her hands then post it (that will save u some embarrassment)
Old 2011-09-11, 09:42   Link #17299
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
And, Where's LordRyus? ... I think he's ill or something like that... was hoping to see his comments on my prev.walls and my NEW pictures - so here are some more pics to him to all of you here. (if so, hope he will get better soon)
Not sick just swamped with lack of free time... short explanation is I took a vacation 2 weeks ago and came back to a backlog of work that shouldn't have been there (my coworkers failed me. ) I don't have enough time to comment on the pics now but I'll try tomorrow... I think I don't have to go in then... but don't recall

Not to mention that during the week the lame tropical storms constant rains caused major delays on all roads... I spent 1.5 hours advancing 1 block (from my work, not even on a highway), eventually I just got so frustrated that I dipped into a local movie theater and just stayed there watching movies for a until late at night when the traffic finally cleared (and no the movies where very bad, so I have nothing to recommend).

---------

Spoiler for NSFW --- CONTENT:

By 暗淡的光芒 on baidu and I'm assuming he's NEPHY on pixiv.net too since the ava's matched (well they did last week ) These pics are presumably part of the same massive pic he was doing here http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...56#post3753656

EDIT:

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-09-11 at 09:53.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 10:20   Link #17300
haegar
mangaviking

yay, titties teresa, miria & flora is a nice mix
stupid watermarks though...

and I'm rly lookin forward to that big all characters artwork... I rly like the style and the colorings from before are rly nice tone ...

Tags
images