AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 3 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 23.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 42.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 9.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 4.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 4.76%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-02, 12:09   Link #1
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Claymore - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Claymore, Episode 3.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for raws.
  • Absolutely no spoilers for future events from the manga in the anime thread.
    If you need to reply to someone with a reference to the game or manga, then PM them. Any spoilers, even under the spoiler tags, that reveals future events will be deleted.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread.

Spoiler tags still can be used where one deems appropriate. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags as they are shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how how the Ojisan-tachi do it.
or
The macho way: By writing those l33t vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Old 2007-05-02, 13:13   Link #2
Guido

My posted thoughts for episode three.

Scene 03 - Darkness in Paradise
Old 2007-05-02, 23:50   Link #3
Bloodseeker

Claire looked hotter than usual all around in this episode. (with the human eyes, and then in her covert suit)

Damn @ the ending. Freaking episode 4, hurry up and finish downloading! Quit crawling!
Old 2007-05-27, 21:31   Link #4
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I wonder how many Claymore-fans truly appreciated the fact that Madhouse would be the Animation Studio for this series when it was known. They are so incredibly good at adapting and adopting to the atmosphere of a series, and yet the studio don't hesitate to instill it's own signature by demonstration those brilliant flashes of style. Couple such example:

Contextually speaking, the episode is nothing great. The detective mode of story telling didn't bode well with me. It distracted me from what I've been expecting from this series and the given handicap to Clare just made me roll my eyes. The detective mode just seems like a convenient cover up to make the trite plot finding-monsters-and-kill-them a bit more exciting. I felt it was forced. Also, if the episode follows the same suit of story telling such was in episode 1, then it might be the head-priest who is the Youma. I hope I'm wrong.

Raki's voice actor doesn't help much either. I've only seen Raki for couple of episodes and I'm already annoyed his whiny voice. Dude, Clare just wanted to demonstrate to you the art of seduction she learned to play the role of a prostitue convincingly, and you don't want to care for a demonstration?

Even though the story has yet to tingle my fancy, I hold great hope for future episode because of dialogues such as when Clare mentions to Raki:
I probably wouldn't have intervened even if that man were to beat you....
Besides, the overall animation is incentive enough to keep following this series even if it doesn't exceed in storytelling from the usual monster-of-the-week plot. Madhouse has always been good with the background music, and it's no different for this series. I rate it with a 7.1 for being a delightful view to the senses because of the visual presentation. Onward to episode 4.
Closed Thread