AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Old 2013-03-25, 12:01   Link #901
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
if hatred is the source of a claymores power, what did teresa hate so much?
Her scar? Or the process of turning itno a claymore or the org kidnapping her and turning her into a claymore or finding out that the org makes yoma out of innocent humans.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 15:10   Link #902
konart

Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Her scar? Or the process of turning itno a claymore or the org kidnapping her and turning her into a claymore or finding out that the org makes yoma out of innocent humans.
Or not being able to be a normal woman(being a mother).
Old 2013-03-25, 17:44   Link #903
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Or not being able to be a normal woman(being a mother).
That sounds worse. I wonder why if that is why she took clare in seems like it. Given that they did have a mother/daughter realtionshipwell thats how I see it.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 18:42   Link #904
Guido

The chapter is out.

Spoiler for Chapter 137:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 19:17   Link #905
zzhk
Summary Machine

Spoilers
Spoiler for Chapter 137
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by zzhk; 2013-03-31 at 19:17. Reason: oops, got ninja'd, oh well, whatever
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 19:27   Link #906
GrimJack

a certain scanalator really sux at translation they should leave it for their betters if they are going to release crap like they do just to be first

the chapter makes absolutely no sense!!

Last edited by GrimJack; 2013-04-01 at 20:21.
GrimJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 19:59   Link #907
zzhk
Summary Machine

April Fools. Seems sort of machine translated, with certain names deliberately mixed up.

Anyway, since Claymore is licensed, I don't think the rules allow scanlation groups/sites to be mentioned.
Old 2013-04-01, 20:22   Link #908
GrimJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
April Fools. Seems sort of machine translated, with certain names deliberately mixed up.

Anyway, since Claymore is licensed, I don't think the rules allow scanlation groups/sites to be mentioned.
if it was an april fools it should at least be funny not nonsensical
Old 2013-04-01, 20:37   Link #909
Newhope

Isn't an april fools just a really bad translation, almost google bad not the frist time it's happened either.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 22:12   Link #910
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

So...the youma flesh that were embedded into Miria, Deneve, and Helen were all from youman that had taken over a blood relative of theirs...? So this would mean that the reason why they were able to hold back was because of the influnce of human DNA that was close to their own present in the youma flesh that helped them curb the Awakening process...?

I...would not have thought of that at ALL.

I just assumed that Claire was fortunate that she was 1/4 youma and that she could resist it because of Raki as well. But to think that the other 3 girls actually have part of the creature that killed and took over their loved ones... I hope that they don't flip out too much at that revelation.

And really,the version that I read has a sucky translation for that at the last page so I was thoroughly confused. Also, this does mostly prove that Miria and 'Rubel' were in cahoots with each other. There's no way for him to have gotten that info from any of the others except her.

This actually gives me a fair bit more to think about... I'm happy.

And a small (yet still manly) part of me squee'd when Miria and Claire launched at exactly the same time get in on the fight. Bash sisters ftw. It's not that I want them in a yuri moment, I just love seeing them interacting with each other - they work so well together - like a higher spec version of Deneve and Helen. I love seeing those two interact with each other just because it's Deneve and Helen, and the same way with Miria and Claire. They just... are perfect, and not for being stand-alone, but also together.
Old 2013-04-01, 22:35   Link #911
Newhope

There is no Human DNA the Yoma implant is from a Yoma that killed and impersonated a loved one, it is possible that some of the residual emotions in the Yoma from their loved one may have influenced the awakening process like what happened to Raki and his brother..
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 23:27   Link #912
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

But isn't what is considered to be the youma by the humans is just a 'human infested by a parasite'? The actual 'yoma' is just the parasite, correct?
That yoma parasite leaps from body to body so even though it changes its host, it doesn't override the fact that the base DNA of its host is human and while it is within that body, it is able to shift from a human appearance to a more monsterous one. So, if killed while in one body, the genetic material of the host should be is own DNA + the parasite virus and whatever it did to alter the original.
Old 2013-04-01, 23:29   Link #913
vansonbee
❤Nishino Tsukasa❤

Hmmm bad translation? I hope I didn't read that one you guys mention.

I am sad to see Cassandra go, but I'm looking forward to the same 4 girls transform finally!
Old 2013-04-02, 00:14   Link #914
GundamZZ
残念美人

I think it's very misleading translation. Rubel only says he's going to say some interesting thing, as thanks for what he learned. He says the carried out experiment is a failure. However, it's the experiment did not see it through. More than ten years later, the results happened during a battle. Some warriors coined it as "half-awakened". Then, the page shows four warriors faces.

The predicted outcome of real Priscilla is undecided. They makes the comparison: Priscilla is like sealed volcano who sparked out the energy on the ground. Her opponent uses the energy on the ground.
The outcome is:
1.Priscilla wins
2.They kill each other.

So, the source of your interpretation maybe misleading translation, not a bad translation.

The horse girl looks like a movie star. Out of all disgusting giant monsters, she is the most beautiful one.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 00:24   Link #915
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Yeah it was well known she's the last villain, but to make her 'infect' Cassandra from a distance and take over the body, that's kind of effed up.
I actually agree with you, I figured the dragon-invader-aliens would be the last boss. . .but I don't think he intends to even go that route. Its been clear that the author has been milking this managa for a long as he can, as he could have ended the adventures on the island a long time ago. We could be at the aweome dragon war that we were promi-teased with.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 00:33   Link #916
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I'm assuming it's a poor translation, and Rubel isn't really a male Claymore. lol.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 02:21   Link #917
zzhk
Summary Machine

In case anyone is interested, my summary already covered all the main points in the dialogue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 137:
Old 2013-04-02, 19:24   Link #918
taichi-kun

ohh wait so at the end they were talking about miria's group...

The translation I read wasn't very clear.. some dialogues made no sense.. I thought rubel was talking about himself or his group..

Actually that summary helped me a lot.

PD: I'm not complaining.Just to clarify I'm very thankful to all the groups translating this manga(It's not licensed in my country).But well.. It's just that I couldn't understand some parts of cp137..

Last edited by taichi-kun; 2013-04-02 at 19:58.
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 07:34   Link #919
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Soooo short. And it was getting good too. Did Clare use Jean's technique there??
Old 2013-04-05, 08:40   Link #920
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

eh, half awakening + 10 odd years = another time skip and zombie Teresa?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote