AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-01, 15:55   Link #1041
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 141:

You can click on it for a animated version.
ShiroiRyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 16:41   Link #1042
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay

Leviathan is so fvking awesome
Old 2013-08-01, 18:42   Link #1043
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Spoiler for 141:
Spoiler for Unlikey:
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 22:22   Link #1044
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
I thought Miata had potential to surpass Priscilla. This chapter only shows her as an average number one material. Actually, her rank is still number four. It means the number 3 Audrey has the opportunity to defeat Miata. The situation is getting bad on human's side. Even they prevail this match, Priscilla is around the town. So, it's not getting better. The story has fighting in two location. If it's not executed well, it would be distracting. Just a speculation.
I wouldn't say average as stated in the chapter you need time to get accustomed to the awakened state it is also a partial awakening I think she'd be a lot more powerful if she underwent a full one. And its not like she practiced and trained like Alicia and Beth

And she was so beautiful, I must say she's my second favorite form after Isley
Old 2013-08-07, 21:06   Link #1045
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I wouldn't say average as stated in the chapter you need time to get accustomed to the awakened state it is also a partial awakening I think she'd be a lot more powerful if she underwent a full one. And its not like she practiced and trained like Alicia and Beth

And she was so beautiful, I must say she's my second favorite form after Isley
It's my impression. Miata's awakened performance disappoints me.
It's my interpretation. When Priscilla turned to yoma, Teresa got owned without knowing what got her. The power buildup right after the transformation was immense, and it often surpassed the organization's theory and logic. So, I was expecting some surprise elements with Miata. Oh well.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 00:52   Link #1046
saravis

Quote:
It's my impression. Miata's awakened performance disappoints me.
It's my interpretation. When Priscilla turned to yoma, Teresa got owned without knowing what got her. The power buildup right after the transformation was immense, and it often surpassed the organization's theory and logic. So, I was expecting some surprise elements with Miata. Oh well.
From the way things look Miata couldn't really accomplish that much. She had zero awakened training and knew absolutely nothing of her own awakened powers. Her abilities would be as much a surprise to her as they would be to her opponent.
At the most Miata could have caught Europa off-guard if she acted fast enough immediately after awakening. However that didn't happen and her opponent was ready for her.

There is one thing that I'm scratching my head on, how is Clarice awakening supposed to bring Miata back? I thought the whole point of this system was for one person to maintain their humanity, while linked with another that awakens. Sort of like a half-awakening, where there still exists a link to humanity so that the awakening can be reverted. If Clarice is trying to awaken, doesn't that diminish Miata's link to humanity?
Old 2013-08-11, 06:30   Link #1047
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I think half-awakening to increase her own capacity is exactly what Clarice is trying to do. She can't control Miata in her current state, and she has met several warriors who have gone over their limit and returned.
Old 2013-08-11, 19:52   Link #1048
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I think half-awakening to increase her own capacity is exactly what Clarice is trying to do. She can't control Miata in her current state, and she has met several warriors who have gone over their limit and returned.
I think Miata trusts Clarice more than anyone else. Since the synchronization relies on the buddy system, they want someone who Miata has no doubt. Clarice has no yoma trait, so Miata listens to her.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 22:07   Link #1049
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Clarice has no yoma trait, so Miata listens to her.
This is purely theory, this has never been stated or confirmed in any way.

Even if that were the case, Miata's bond to Clarice has grown a great deal since their initial meeting, so her becoming a half-awakened shouldn't effect that.
Old 2013-08-31, 13:30   Link #1050
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Spoiler for Chapter 142:
Old 2013-08-31, 13:36   Link #1051
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 142:
Spoiler for What'll Happen:
Old 2013-08-31, 13:44   Link #1052
philip72

Reads 142, tears are shed.

Also wow, Pris was a little insane before she was even turned into a warrior. She's not the same girl who traveled with Rakki.
philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 14:06   Link #1053
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Worried about Miata's mindset after this.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 14:28   Link #1054
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post

Also wow, Pris was a little insane before she was even turned into a warrior. She's not the same girl who traveled with Rakki.
The implication I got was she turned cannibal. Now that doesn't mean she went crazy-crazy. You do what you can to survive. The 1972 Andes Plane Crash is a real world precedent. According to Pricilla her father ate her mother, brother and sister before her eyes.

What the old guy didn't know is that Priscilla knew the Yoma was her father all along.

She didn't like the old man telling her dark secret that she ate her family to live.
ReddyRedWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 14:30   Link #1055
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Worried about Miata's mindset after this.
Spoiler for 142 discussion:
Old 2013-08-31, 14:33   Link #1056
Guido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Spoiler for 142 discussion:
You believe that what Clarice did to Miata at the end was sort of placing a wedge in the latter's mind.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 15:06   Link #1057
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
What are you saying? She is just the same Priscilla as always. One must do whatever it take to survive. That poor girl has suffered a great tragedy so her mental state being off balance is expected. But I believe she has found peace in mind while living with Raki and Isley and she is perfectly normal now. The question is what is she going to do now? Find Raki, Clare or just wander around aimlessly?
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 15:29   Link #1058
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
What are you saying? She is just the same Priscilla as always. One must do whatever it take to survive. That poor girl has suffered a great tragedy so her mental state being off balance is expected. But I believe she has found peace in mind while living with Raki and Isley and she is perfectly normal now. The question is what is she going to do now? Find Raki, Clare or just wander around aimlessly?
She was only interested in Raki because he smelled like Clare who smelled like Teresa. Priscilla is obsessed with Teresa.
Old 2013-08-31, 17:47   Link #1059
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

So interesting... Even I thought that I had Priscilla figured out - and then Yagi throws a grenade like this. *_*
Spoiler for Chapter info on Priscilla:

I used to see her in a very sympathetic light, despite the tides against her at the time, and even now, I can't see her as being anything but a victim. Sure, she's a villain but she's just killed the biggest true villain in the series, in my opinion. It will be amusing to see how other people will react to this over other media. *goes to hunt*
Old 2013-08-31, 19:39   Link #1060
shalala

Poor Clarice. Her death was sad. Also this means that Miata is forever young. Still what effects would eating yoma fleash have?
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote