AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-15, 20:06   Link #41
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
One of the bandits actually vomited at the sight of her naked flesh. I don't think a six-pack or a barbie doll could cause such a physical reaction.
The used male Yoma parts, if you catch my drift. THAT could definetly be offputting.
Old 2007-05-15, 20:21   Link #42
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
i wonder what the organisation is really hiding with all the strict rules about not allowing claymores to kill humans ~ not even the top ranking teresa is to be spared >_<
Wait, how do we know such a rule exists? Because some dumb-ass bandit said it? As far as I know, there is only one credible source of info about Claymore: Claire. Teresa has a dark sense of humor and can't necessarily be trusted, the organization guy is questionable because we know nothing about his motivation (Why did he talk to Raki?). I don't remember Claire saying Claymore can't kill humans, in fact, she said something like, "if you oppose me, prepare to die," to the night guard a couple of eps back.
Old 2007-05-15, 22:29   Link #43
Lost

Quote:
That's from way back in April, before this thread existed and if I moved it here, it would be the first post in this thread. If you want to copy-paste and post it here then feel free to do so if you feel it is worthwile despite the time that has passed, but I'd rather not copy it or remove it from a thread where it was relevant.
I see; the thread arranges moved posts by date? I didn't know that. True, it may not be worthwhile, after all it hasn't generated much discussion even after being linked here.

Quote:
One of the bandits actually vomited at the sight of her naked flesh. I don't think a six-pack or a barbie doll could cause such a physical reaction.
And I'm sure some of them would have corresponding fetishes. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoozoc View Post
I have a feeling the organization is yoma themselves and they simply stay hidden and co-exist with humans while sending the claymores out to kill all rival "uneducated" yoma. (un-tamed so to speak, or something like that)

Perhaps they are yoma who have become half-human, half-yoma but started originally as yoma. (like arrancars as opposed to vizards)
An interesting question your post made me think of is where does the Organisation get viable Yoma flesh? Unless "dead" flesh is all that is needed.
Old 2007-05-17, 08:17   Link #44
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

You know what would really, really, really surprise me? That the Organisation turns out to have truly altruistic motives, and are just badly maligned by a suspicious human population!

I mean, come on, why must all un-named, shady organisations with ironclad rules all turn out to be evil? That's so cliched!
Old 2007-05-17, 08:29   Link #45
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Evil? How about just obessed with one particular element? ^^; Sometimes, too much of a good thing IS bad..
Old 2007-05-17, 12:45   Link #46
dbj

wel im gussing the organisation are yoma experimenting half yoma half human with a evil scheme or something. thats how usually storyline goes. well i hope not as i hate those kind of storyline seems too rpedictable and too common or too unsatisfying.
Old 2007-05-17, 13:27   Link #47
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

I think the organization just wants to make....money!!

Buts that`s my opinion of course.
Old 2007-05-18, 01:28   Link #48
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

I further speculate that Youma are made of purple jello.

Haven't you noticed? All the chopped up pieces of youma don't have any bones! How strange.
Old 2007-05-18, 01:37   Link #49
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I always stuck with the theory that they have an exoskeleton, or something akin to that, kinda like insects.
Old 2007-05-20, 18:31   Link #50
danielpuppetmaster

I think Priscilla will kill Theresa, and become Claymore number 1, then Clare becomes a Claymore, and some day both of them will fight, and Clare will kill Priscilla and avenge the death of Theresa, well that is just my crazy theory.

And i also believe that there must be far more powerful Yoma, because even low level Claymore seem capable of taking out many of them, and if that is true, there would be no reason for the existence of Claymore so powerful as Theresa, it would only be an unnecesary risk.
Old 2007-05-21, 06:08   Link #51
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

You know, that's a pretty good point. Clare was surprised to encounter a flying youma in Ep.2, so she's clearly has not fought one before. That's a possible hint of more exotic and powerful youma out there.

Such as the "voracious" one in Rabona, or the many-tentacled one we keep seeing in the OP. The single-digit Claymores (the "double-O" agents of the Claymore world ) are probably meant to take care of these "special" cases, kinda like S-Class missions for the elite ninjas of a certain village I need not name.
Old 2007-05-21, 06:49   Link #52
IMSabbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
You know, that's a pretty good point. Clare was surprised to encounter a flying youma in Ep.2, so she's clearly has not fought one before. That's a possible hint of more exotic and powerful youma out there.

Such as the "voracious" one in Rabona, or the many-tentacled one we keep seeing in the OP. The single-digit Claymores (the "double-O" agents of the Claymore world ) are probably meant to take care of these "special" cases, kinda like S-Class missions for the elite ninjas of a certain village I need not name.
As additional food of thought: In episode 7, when the 4 single digits meets, there is a conversation in the lines of "One of us would have been enough to clean that town, so our job has to be something different...", _after_ they killed those yoma.

This suggests that there _are_ situations in fighting yoma were such a team might be necessary, just not in this case.
Old 2007-05-25, 03:30   Link #53
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Related to that I speculate Raki will become yoma. If he already isn't harbouring one. See two scenes from the OP :

First scene looks a lot like Raki to me. In fact, I've always thought that that was Raki. The next scene that follows implies that Clare will be the one up against him; also, I noticed that her eyes are rather dead, which tells of the pain of killing someone you love. On the other hand, it could very well be Raki in temporary yoma mode as a Claymore.
While I also believe in the theory of Raki as a potential future Yoma (or perhaps, the first male Claymore?), now I think that that pic can be associated to the awakened Priscilla.

Visual comparison:

from the OP

from episode 8

So Clare might be indeed ending fighting that creature, but as the monster who killed her beloved Teresa, and not as Raki.
At least that's what the series has suggested so far. The opening might eventually change, if there will be a turn on the plot direction.

----------------------

Moderator note: I would like to invite the experienced who post in this thread not to drop any kind of hints. Anything can be a spoiler for first timers. Since this is a thread that starting from the name is dedicated to manga virgins only, I don't see the need of posting if you know the facts. There's plenty of places where discussing spoilers on this forum.
So if you see a speculation from a first timer (myself included) that makes you laugh or grin in shock and disbelief, do whatever you want, but please do not post hinting (even subtly or vaguely) if that speculation is correct or wrong. Refrain. I'm sure you'll understand. Thanks.
Old 2007-05-28, 00:10   Link #54
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

I'm curious. How does one go about "making" a Claymore (the warriors, not the swords)?

Would it be something along the lines of the opening sequence of, say, Ghost in the Shell (the original movie)?

*cue to ultra-cool, haunting, Japanese opera music*

What, sound too high-tech? Well, Ive noticed a few modern-day anachronisms popping up in the anime already. For example, how the heck does someone living in a medieval society know about the concept of percentages? (While it sounds "cool" in theory, how the heck does Teresa measure the percentage of youki she uses in battle? Does she have an internal guage that she can read off a HUD, like in a FPS game? )

Back to topic, is the process of making a Claymore more along the lines of:

1) Let's render your original human body to mush.
2) In the meantime, we'll also be rendering some youma body parts to mush.
3) Stir both pots of mush well to ensure even consistency.
4) Mix both pots of mush in equal measure.
5) Stir well. Leave mixture to settle in human-shape mould.
6) Come back xx numbers of day later,

VOILA!

New Claymore created!
Old 2007-05-28, 08:07   Link #55
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

I'm no expert on the history of math, but considering that a lot of ancient civilizations were advanced enough for stuff like calculus, and figuring out the posistion of the stars for a thousand years to come, or banking intrest, percentiges were hardly unknown in medivil europe. Your standered uneducated peasent wouldn't know about them, but educated people like scribes and bankers would.
And I'm thinking the process of making a Claymore is more like something from "The Island Of Dr. Moreu".
Old 2007-05-28, 08:18   Link #56
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Anti-youki pills?

So, if they have pills to suppress the youma side, and losing control over that side is the big fatal problem at the end of a career, why don't they just start taking the pills when they feel themselves slipping?
Old 2007-05-28, 08:40   Link #57
HinaThePrince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba-chan View Post
So, if they have pills to suppress the youma side, and losing control over that side is the big fatal problem at the end of a career, why don't they just start taking the pills when they feel themselves slipping?
I don't think it can help at that stage. The pill can keep their Youki concealed but it can't be use to conceal it while they're already on their way to becoming a full-fledged Youma. That's what I think, at least.
Old 2007-05-28, 21:50   Link #58
Kollunz

thats a good point.... ahhhh do i smell a flaw in this series already???!?!
Old 2007-05-28, 22:12   Link #59
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Nope. Not a flaw. More to come.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-05-29, 07:34   Link #60
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Thatīs because the pills only conceal, they don`t lower the youma energy at all. It serves for hiding the energy and change eye color, it doesn`t lower it.

My opinion of course.
Closed Thread