AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-12, 23:36   Link #1
WooHyuk2Be

Loved Wolf's Rain...anything just as good?

Hey, I just finished Wolf's Rain last night...now waiting for the new eps to come out soon...but until then, does anyone happen to know of any other good animes equal in story and animation to Wolf's Rain? Of course nothing lol....but you know what I mean. Good animation and good story to follow. Something REALLY worth downloading. Thanks!

Let me be a bit more specific...lol..nothing "kiddy" and funny. Something with a serious plot and story. Like Wolf's Rain, Cowboy Bebop, Kenshin OVAs and Seisouhen...something more philosophical and time consuming. And no mech-warrior stuff lol..i hate it.

Last edited by WooHyuk2Be; 2004-01-12 at 23:48.
Old 2004-01-13, 00:02   Link #2
WooHyuk2Be

Loved Wolf's Rain...anything similar?

I really love Wolf's Rain and I want to see something thats comparable to it. Comparable in animation but mainly story and plot. I dont want to see some kiddy-goofy anime like Naruto (WHICH I LOVE! I just prefer Wolf's Rain type stuff), I want something a bit more philosophical and touching. Lots of points that are tear bringers hehe. I guess the style I am looking forwould be around similar animes as "Wolfs Rain, Cowboy Bebop, Kenshin OVA and Seisouhen", the only thing I cant stand is Mech-Warrior stuff....blargh *shiver*. Anyone have any suggestions and links to the first eps (and maybe a page with a summary of the plot, or just gimme your own)....much appreciated!
Old 2004-01-13, 01:48   Link #3
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WooHyuk2Be
I really love Wolf's Rain and I want to see something thats comparable to it. Comparable in animation but mainly story and plot. I dont want to see some kiddy-goofy anime like Naruto (WHICH I LOVE! I just prefer Wolf's Rain type stuff), I want something a bit more philosophical and touching. Lots of points that are tear bringers hehe. I guess the style I am looking forwould be around similar animes as "Wolfs Rain, Cowboy Bebop, Kenshin OVA and Seisouhen", the only thing I cant stand is Mech-Warrior stuff....blargh *shiver*. Anyone have any suggestions and links to the first eps (and maybe a page with a summary of the plot, or just gimme your own)....much appreciated!
You seem to have a biased idea on mecha-anime. Many mecha-anime actually have deep connotations of anti-war themes, like the original 1979 "Gundam." (I can go further into detail into very minor but great late 1970s mecha-anime like "Space Runaway Ideon," but I will restrain myself)

I rarely give out-suggestions, but try these four (I had to force myself into providing newer anime and limiting myself to four before I explode my suggestions into every anime I have seen since the late 1960s...main reason why I rarely give out suggestions)

Saishuuheiki Kanojo
Hoshi no Koe
Figure 17
Princess Tutu

as a "joker" (pun intended), try
R.O.D. (both OVA and TV)
Old 2004-01-13, 04:18   Link #4
marin

You want more furry yaoi bishounen love-fests?

Fruits Basket is the closest thing I can think of, but it's more of a down-to-earth quasi-shoujo fantasy, rather than yet-another-post-apocalyptic-sci-fi. And it's more tragicomedic melodrama than angst angst action drama.

But yeah, a whole lot of pretty guys who are also animals. Can't lose!
Old 2004-01-13, 11:31   Link #5
WooHyuk2Be

You have no right to judge my opinion about Mech anime seeing as I didnt state it. You dont know how I view it, all you can tell by what I wrote is I dont care for mecha anime. Thats all you know, thats all you need to know. Dont try to assume you know more than that. And thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out. Now my suggestion, get over yourself.
Closed Thread