AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2007-05-04, 10:26   Link #1
Jimbo1023
1023 inc. CEO

Wavering D/U speeds

About two weeks ago, my uTorrent started to act differently. The download and upload speeds would start to work then stop. Here is a screen shot of it: screenshot. It used to work fine before, but now this is severely slowing down my speeds. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem or knows how to fix it. I know my port is forwarded correctly, and I have not changed any of the hardware physically. My firewall is off and I terminated my P2P scanner on avast!.
Jimbo1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 14:17   Link #2
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Who is your internet service provider? It's possible that your service has started to filter BT traffic, or that you've reached a download cap (often employed by cable companies). A potential way to test and see if your ISP is filtering traffic is by setting uTorrent to force encrypt all of its traffic - if you get better results, then we can say that was likely the case.

(also, if your firewall wasn't giving you problems before, please keep it on for security purposes)
Old 2007-05-04, 20:04   Link #3
Jimbo1023
1023 inc. CEO

My ISP is Comcast cable. I was thinking it might have been a download cap too because when I'm just browsing the web it would often hang. Plus, my Nintendo Wii has been having difficulties connecting. I'll try force encrypting it and see what happens.
Jimbo1023 is offline   Reply With Quote