AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 7 11.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 16.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 50.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-05-11, 12:55   Link #761
Ratler

Location: Currently Recovering in the TSAB Rehabilitation wing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
And erm Ratlar? I'm sure your ship has the psycommu network connection used to register our thoughts in the forum? No need to busy Scotty so much unless you don't have a psynet service provider.
psycommu... *looks over at engineering team*Onyu I thought you said you had finished the network integration. ...

I think that that system was missed in the upgrades we might need to discus that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
Let me use Thisguy's model and break it down in RO terms :
Erio is settled on a Spear agi knight I think.
Subaru - Asura monk?
Teana - Hybrid Hunter
Caro - int/dex Priestess

Signum - Vit Paladin
Vita - serk Lord Knight

Nanoha - Int/Vit Wizard
Fate - Agi LK?
Hayate - Int/dex Wizard?

Yes RO it works o so well to describe things

Thank You Sephi for the sig ^^
Who am I you ask? I am LoŘass Ratlerhasairh Gairh Sankau. In your Terran language you would know me as Deca-Commander Ratler of the assault ship Sankau.
Ratler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 14:04   Link #762
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

For Length
Spoiler:

Good call on the tactical shift later. Have to add that the moment Caro has Fred under control, that's the time we'll see the Flying Fortress take a more active combat role. Depending on what is needed in the field, I envision her taking Erio, Zafira or Shamal ahead in support drops or as an evac transport. [I use a lot of dropship strikes in RTS ]

Fred is hardier than the Storm Rider heli, and burning the field makes a great distraction for either a lightning raid [Erio] or dropping the spare Tank [Zafira]. He can also bring the team medic in a hurry, or physically shield a portal or spell circle when needed.

Signum is where the majority of Lightning team's ground offensive power lies, and their first line of defense should anything get too close. Considering her effective reach, she'll probably need Erio to shoot ahead and pin down the opposition. By the time she catches up and engages, Erio would pull back and wait for an opening with Caro. For the most part, Signum is likely to disarm or force the opposition into a mistake- that's where Light Calvary tanks up to finish .

Anyway, something needs to be done to increase the Lightning team's anti-missile defense. At the moment they'de make a great setup for rearguard and skirmishers. However, anything with longer range is going to cause problems should they be outflanked.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 14:21   Link #763
KempoCatholic
GaoGaiGarMOE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
Anyway, something needs to be done to increase the Lightning team's anti-missile defense. At the moment they'de make a great setup for rearguard and skirmishers. However, anything with longer range is going to cause problems should they be outflanked.
I noticed that when I was going through Lightning squad's tactics. Whereas in Stars, everyone except Subaru has a bunch of long range attacks, Lightning basically only has a couple of Fate's spells like plasma lancer, Storm Falcon (which I doubt we are going to see more than once or twice in the series), and Caro's dragonfire.

I guess, though, it makes sense to differentiate the squads' focus, rather than trying to make them both jacks-of all-trades. Stars has lots of bombardment and crowd control abilities, but Lightning, true to its name, can deploy quickly where it is needed, do its damage, and get out. I see Lightning as the strike force, and Stars as the riot force.
KempoCatholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 17:28   Link #764
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Since everyone's using their gaming experiences to classify the team, it's my turn with City of Heroes/Villains.

Stars

Nanoha: Blaster. Pretty clear-cut: immense damage at range, with some melee attacks. In CoH/V, the melee attacks have HUGE damage, to make the opponent sorry they ever closed in, but most Blasters rely on range as a defence.

Vita: Blaster. Now, hear me out: there's another variety of playstyle for Blasters, called the Blapper (mix between Blaster and Scrapper). Here, the Blaster uses their incredibly-damaging melee attacks, and treats the ranged attacks as an extra capability. It's a high-risk playstyle, but is easily able to take down tough enemies in seconds. Here, Vita obviously picked up some defense to be able to hold her own.

Subaru: Brute. The concept of the Brute is someone who jumps into the thick of things and just keeps hitting. They're kind of like a mix between the Tanker and the damage-warrior of the Scrapper; they can collect aggro and have enough defences to survive the alpha, but their raison d'etre is to mow through enemies as quickly as they can.

Teana: Dominator. A mix of control and assault. Teana has shown that she has some aggro control/redirection with her illusions, and her guns allow her to directly damage things as well. (Yes, I know there's no Illusion Control for Dominators, but Teana has little to no support abilities to be classed as a Controller.)

Lightning

Fate: Blaster, again. She divides her skills equally between ranged and melee.

Signum: Scrapper. Insane single-target melee damage, respectable defenses, pretty much the boss-killer. Heck, she almost perfectly fits the Broadsword/Invulnerability powersets.

Elio: Stalker. Move in quickly (and hopefully undetected), take out the biggest threat, and then run back out. The obvious drawbacks are that he has few HP, and his defences may not save him from a particularly hard hit.

Caro: Defender. Buff-oriented. In CoH/V, at least, buffs and debuffs are far more useful than healing, mostly because our natural HP regen is significant. She has next-to-no offensive capabilities, not counting Friedrich, which means that she has to have concentrated almost entirely on buffing up allies and perhaps debuffing/mezzing enemies. (Those summoned chains in ep 3.) The effectiveness of this really varies greatly; Defenders are force multipliers, meaning that the sum is much greater than their parts, but this assumes a comparable level of buffing.

This also fits with Caro being both the weakest and the strongest of the team: solo, Defenders are weak in the early game, respectable mid-game, and fairly powerful late-game. In teams, though, the Defender is the heart of the team; take it out, and the team falls apart. A full team of nothing but Defenders is unstoppable, capable of easily taking things five levels above them, and I do not exaggerate.

Even in a small team, well... imagine a Boosted Starlight Breaker. YOU CAN ONE-SHOT GOD.

Anyway. Team dynamics!

Taken alone, the Stars squad is heavy on damage and light on control/support. Teana is either going to be very busy, taking care of all the little problems and details that crop up, or she's going to be very bored, since with that much damage, few things are going to last very long. I'd guess that the main motif of Stars is to go through as many enemies as quickly as possible, tying up the bulk of the enemy forces. The main problem I can see is that without support, if the team comes up against something they can't handle, or are hit with a (un)lucky shot, they're in trouble.

The Lightning squad seems suited for rapid strikes rather than barrelling through foes. With the exception of Fate and Caro (and maybe Friedrich), they seem to be concentrated mainly on single-target melee. Fate is going to be the main AoE damage-dealer, with Friedrich giving what support he can, but I'd expect that Friedrich and Elio are going to have their hands full protecting Caro. Actually, I'd peg Signum as a better guardian than Elio (better survivability, able to ghetto-voke enemies away), but then the plot isn't likely to go that way. Overall, I'd peg them as the "boss-killer" sort.

Given a choice, Caro would probably be better in Stars, and Teana can transfer over. Caro's boosts would benefit the damage-heavy Stars team more, while Teana's control abilities can help set up the battlefield for the rapid-strike Lightning.

Together, it's a respectable team. I'd suggest more control and support, which perhaps Shamal can provide (along with her heals). And there's always Yuuno with his binds/barriers (Controller, definitely Controller), and Zafira who's almost a textbook Tanker.
"That was actually quite thought-provoking. Does that violate the forum rules?"
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 17:37   Link #765
Ratler

LOL this is cool thats is what 4 or 5 video game classification details now??
(really is it 4 or 5 i haven't kept accurate count)

Who am I you ask? I am LoŘass Ratlerhasairh Gairh Sankau. In your Terran language you would know me as Deca-Commander Ratler of the assault ship Sankau.
Old 2007-05-11, 17:42   Link #766
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratler View Post
LOL this is cool thats is what 4 or 5 video game classification details now??
(really is it 4 or 5 i haven't kept accurate count)
All I got was WoW And the classes their doesn't have as much variation to fit this

35 more till we break 800!
Old 2007-05-11, 18:15   Link #767
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Since everyone's using their gaming experiences to classify the team, it's my turn with City of Heroes/Villains.

Stars

Nanoha: Blaster. Pretty clear-cut: immense damage at range, with some melee attacks. In CoH/V, the melee attacks have HUGE damage, to make the opponent sorry they ever closed in, but most Blasters rely on range as a defence.

Vita: Blaster. Now, hear me out: there's another variety of playstyle for Blasters, called the Blapper (mix between Blaster and Scrapper). Here, the Blaster uses their incredibly-damaging melee attacks, and treats the ranged attacks as an extra capability. It's a high-risk playstyle, but is easily able to take down tough enemies in seconds. Here, Vita obviously picked up some defense to be able to hold her own.

Subaru: Brute. The concept of the Brute is someone who jumps into the thick of things and just keeps hitting. They're kind of like a mix between the Tanker and the damage-warrior of the Scrapper; they can collect aggro and have enough defences to survive the alpha, but their raison d'etre is to mow through enemies as quickly as they can.

Teana: Dominator. A mix of control and assault. Teana has shown that she has some aggro control/redirection with her illusions, and her guns allow her to directly damage things as well. (Yes, I know there's no Illusion Control for Dominators, but Teana has little to no support abilities to be classed as a Controller.)

Lightning

Fate: Blaster, again. She divides her skills equally between ranged and melee.

Signum: Scrapper. Insane single-target melee damage, respectable defenses, pretty much the boss-killer. Heck, she almost perfectly fits the Broadsword/Invulnerability powersets.

Elio: Stalker. Move in quickly (and hopefully undetected), take out the biggest threat, and then run back out. The obvious drawbacks are that he has few HP, and his defences may not save him from a particularly hard hit.

Caro: Defender. Buff-oriented. In CoH/V, at least, buffs and debuffs are far more useful than healing, mostly because our natural HP regen is significant. She has next-to-no offensive capabilities, not counting Friedrich, which means that she has to have concentrated almost entirely on buffing up allies and perhaps debuffing/mezzing enemies. (Those summoned chains in ep 3.) The effectiveness of this really varies greatly; Defenders are force multipliers, meaning that the sum is much greater than their parts, but this assumes a comparable level of buffing.

This also fits with Caro being both the weakest and the strongest of the team: solo, Defenders are weak in the early game, respectable mid-game, and fairly powerful late-game. In teams, though, the Defender is the heart of the team; take it out, and the team falls apart. A full team of nothing but Defenders is unstoppable, capable of easily taking things five levels above them, and I do not exaggerate.

Even in a small team, well... imagine a Boosted Starlight Breaker. YOU CAN ONE-SHOT GOD.

Anyway. Team dynamics!

Taken alone, the Stars squad is heavy on damage and light on control/support. Teana is either going to be very busy, taking care of all the little problems and details that crop up, or she's going to be very bored, since with that much damage, few things are going to last very long. I'd guess that the main motif of Stars is to go through as many enemies as quickly as possible, tying up the bulk of the enemy forces. The main problem I can see is that without support, if the team comes up against something they can't handle, or are hit with a (un)lucky shot, they're in trouble.

The Lightning squad seems suited for rapid strikes rather than barrelling through foes. With the exception of Fate and Caro (and maybe Friedrich), they seem to be concentrated mainly on single-target melee. Fate is going to be the main AoE damage-dealer, with Friedrich giving what support he can, but I'd expect that Friedrich and Elio are going to have their hands full protecting Caro. Actually, I'd peg Signum as a better guardian than Elio (better survivability, able to ghetto-voke enemies away), but then the plot isn't likely to go that way. Overall, I'd peg them as the "boss-killer" sort.

Given a choice, Caro would probably be better in Stars, and Teana can transfer over. Caro's boosts would benefit the damage-heavy Stars team more, while Teana's control abilities can help set up the battlefield for the rapid-strike Lightning.

Together, it's a respectable team. I'd suggest more control and support, which perhaps Shamal can provide (along with her heals). And there's always Yuuno with his binds/barriers (Controller, definitely Controller), and Zafira who's almost a textbook Tanker.
The bad thing about this is that you managed to peg their characters alright. They all pretty much fit in the descriptions you've made, so yeah, Caro would do good in Stars while Teana would help balance Lightining, but they all form a big team unless they need to separate into their respective squads. Actually I'd like the whole RF6 to move out, including the Long Arch force. I'm starting to miss "Ragnarok Breaker". Imagine that with a boost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
All I got was WoW And the classes their doesn't have as much variation to fit this

35 more till we break 800!
Are you hoping to break a 1000 before the next one airs or what Chaos?
Old 2007-05-11, 18:38   Link #768
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post

Are you hoping to break a 1000 before the next one airs or what Chaos?
We're starting to burn out already

But at this rate, we could still make it to 900 before episode 7

As Hay- I mean, Haruhi herself said before,

"We should progressively increase our number of goals each year!"

(Of course, you'll have to change some words to fit what I meant, but you get the point...)
Old 2007-05-11, 19:01   Link #769
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
We're starting to burn out already

But at this rate, we could still make it to 900 before episode 7

As Hay- I mean, Haruhi herself said before,

"We should progressively increase our number of goals each year!"

(Of course, you'll have to change some words to fit what I meant, but you get the point...)
Then I guess you mean We should progressively increase our number of posts each episode!

Righttttttt?????
Old 2007-05-11, 19:04   Link #770
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database

Quote:
Then I guess you mean We should progressively increase our number of posts each episode!

Righttttttt?????
*shrugged*

Hey, I'm just saying...

(30 more)
Old 2007-05-11, 19:09   Link #771
Meophist
Tell me who I am.

Quote:

Righttttttt?????
Well, that WAS a goal, but then episode 4 happened.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 19:13   Link #772
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Well, that WAS a goal, but then episode 4 happened.
A minor hiccup
Old 2007-05-11, 19:27   Link #773
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
So many games reference make me feel like playing WoW again with my bf..

Since the idea seems to be running out,Anyone feel like discussing chance of SignumxVice or making some funny scenario of em.
Old 2007-05-11, 19:29   Link #774
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
So many games reference make me feel like playing WoW again with my bf..
Raidou, you're a ....?!

Quote:
Since the idea seems to be running out,Anyone feel like discussing chance of SignumxVice or making some funny scenario of em.
I WILL it to happen!!!
Old 2007-05-11, 19:35   Link #775
raidou
Confused person

Quote:
Raidou, you're a ....?!
Read my profile...raidou is my fiancee name -,- ( i know what are you thinking )
Quote:
I WILL it to happen!!!

make some wild imagination of em add it to those yuuno's back scenario
Old 2007-05-11, 19:43   Link #776
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database

Quote:
Read my profile...raidou is my fiancee name -,- ( i know what are you thinking )
Quote:
Raidou, you're a ....?!
... "World of Warcraft" player?!

Quote:
make some wild imagination of em add it to those yuuno's back scenario

Wild imagination eh...

*runs off to get wild mushrooms, colourful toads and Felweeds from Zangarmarsh...*
Old 2007-05-11, 19:51   Link #777
raidou
Confused person

Quote:
... "World of Warcraft" player?!

Lies , we discussed scenario using WoW term before

Quote:
Wild imagination eh...
wild imagination like

*using druid to tank RomeoxJuliet , who the hell do that while learning karazhan*

Anyway i could see Signum end up with Vice, he seems to be very comfortable with her while most people probably would feel intimidated by Signum attitude.The problem is Vice aging would suck
Old 2007-05-11, 20:16   Link #778
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database

Quote:
Must have slipped my mind ...

... Like how Fuyu no Sora is a girl! These things just happen to me

Quote:
wild imagination like

*using druid to tank RomeoxJuliet , who the hell do that while learning karazhan*
I like bears

Quote:
Anyway i could see Signum end up with Vice, he seems to be very comfortable with her while most people probably would feel intimidated by Signum attitude.The problem is Vice aging would suck
No no no, it's not the destination that is interesting...

... It's how you get there
Old 2007-05-11, 20:16   Link #779
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:

wild imagination like

Yeah, well if the whole "Signum x Vice" thing happens it would be nice. The world needs more romance anyways (boys, don't you dare say anything) but, yeah, Vice is a normal human and he has to age, so it would suck big time. However they can still enjoy their time together while they can (if it happens).

Oh btw: Chaos, I think you've made it a point to be mean to girls. And call me Fuyu!
Old 2007-05-11, 20:19   Link #780
Ratler

Quote:
Wild imagination eh...

*runs off to get wild mushrooms, colourful toads and Felweeds from Zangarmarsh...*
Ahhh so that is how you came up with those amazing battle pla........... um sooo.. Umm ... on another subject....

Umm I think I'm to addicted to this forum.. I'm posting from my cellphone right now.

O only 20 to go