AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 33 25.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 37.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 23.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.57%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 3.15%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-09, 02:41   Link #141
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
as apparently Konata sings Hare Hare Yukai in this episode for a bit.
Bouken Deshou, Deshou... actually. I couldn't make it out until someone here mentioned the name and I knew what to listen for.

and WTF? ANN has it listed as "Bouken de-show, de-show?"
Old 2007-05-09, 02:51   Link #142
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal

Konata's a tank ... well, that's consistent with the fighting game character from earlier. Still, the MMO lingo of the japanese is "a few levels up" from what i'm used to!

she doesn't really sing Bouken Desho Desho?, just hums the tune while firing up the net game. look forward to the credits though !

a.f.k subs were good!
Old 2007-05-09, 03:13   Link #143
CrowKenobi

Just watched a.f.k.'s version of ep 5 and gave it a 9!

Things to note:
The summer festival was great! Tsukasa answering a question is just a golden moment that helps make this episode. Also when she wonders how Konata's dad knows how to tie an obi is another golden moment.

The fan-thing with Kagami was hilarious! It looks like she wants to be known as "prim and proper," but circumstances keep showing her other side when she least expects it.

Lastly, props to a.f.k. for using the Dragonball-title font for the karaoke lyrics. (note that all the 'o's' are 1 star dragonballs)

Old 2007-05-09, 03:46   Link #144
problemedchild
_

Ahaha, the part about the MMO is so true. During our late night grind sessions a DD would fall asleep in the middle. If you were really unlucky, your healer would be the one snoozing and you're in for a party wipe :<

What's sad is the fact pretending to be female will earn you lots of free equipment. It's sad to see all these guys swoon over one girl in Vent..... >_>

Such good memories with Lineage II...... I really should get cracking on Noblesse.

Last edited by problemedchild; 2007-05-09 at 04:01.
Old 2007-05-09, 03:59   Link #145
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem

Quote:
because it this point it feels like Kyoto is sending me the message that shows I happen to like such as Action/Sentai/Non-Comedy Mecha aren't deserving of a good try Karaoke at the bare minimum (That my demographic isn't as important), but that things they are involved in don't even deserve to be sung by any of the characters
You get paranoid again. Breath, take a Fisherman's friend and relax. It is just a karaoke, there are no big conspiracy led by the Freemasons of KyoAni against your genres.
It is just a karaoke.

On-topic:

The realisation of Konata about Kagami's role in her everyday's life is, in my eyes, one of the highlights of the episode.

I was pretty happy over Nanako getting more screentime, she is one of my favorites. I found myself laughing over Yui checking on Nanako's rack.

As for Yui, I'd wait to see more of her to hear how her voice actress will pull it through the series.

The MMO brought me back to when I was a RO nutcase, especially for the rare drop.

But I feel that Tsukasa has more for her, especially with that balsamic vinegar obsession or the fact she was the one who was actually able to find an answer for Blue Hawaii.

And Karaoke. Serious Business.

EDIT: They need to sing "You WA shock!" in an episode! I mean it.
Old 2007-05-09, 04:34   Link #146
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
Ahaha, the part about the MMO is so true. During our late night grind sessions a DD would fall asleep in the middle. If you were really unlucky, your healer would be the one snoozing and you're in for a party wipe :<

What's sad is the fact pretending to be female will earn you lots of free equipment. It's sad to see all these guys swoon over one girl in Vent..... >_>

Such good memories with Lineage II...... I really should get cracking on Noblesse.
I fell asleep in WoW as a tank which quickly turn into a group wipe and a joke that plague me for a few weeks by my fellow guildmembers.

Also fell asleep in Eve-online during a mining expedition. My dormitory mate who was also the IT admin for my campus had to ban my IP to log me off the game since i was flying an expensive battleship to babysit the mining team

Too bad they didn't do any MMO marriage/cheating joke, those were pretty funny and ridiculous.
Old 2007-05-09, 04:52   Link #147
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Oh, and a big welcome to new user Willen -- I guess our chat on this got him fired up enough to join
I've managed to stay lurking for a long time. Somehow, I resisted de-lurking all through Haruhi (and that was tough) so I figured Lucky Star wouldn't break me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA was gold. Oh god her voice cracked.
I think that's why I like this karaoke the best so far. It reminds me of the karaoke sessions that I attend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I think there is a rigid consistency to how they are doing this though, but it won't become apparent whether I'm right or not until at least halfway through the series. If we get a hot-blooded mecha or action series song sung by a female, then I will know absolutely for certain if my theory on Male songs get mangled, female ones don't is true. Of course theories need to be tested and we can't do that yet, so it remains one.
I so hope that we'll get a rendition of Active Heart (Gunbuster OP), but I'm not gonna hold my breath. If they ever do that, especially since they already referenced Noriko Sakai and Gunbuster in previous episodes, I'm a fan of this show for life. Regardless if the rest of the episodes suck to high heaven. I'd even settle for something from the various Macross series. But substantial proof would be in how they would do a song like Cutey Honey as it's in the same style as the other 3 songs that Konata sang - high energy and the lyrics directly make references to the show it appears in - like many anime and sentai songs of the 70s and 80s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
A smart puller always should have a contingency plan. One of my regular healers would usually fall asleep so it became standard practice to have a backup in the group. But usually we could get him to wake up if a wizard would do enough spell casting near his character that the sounds would jolt him from his slumber.
Old 2007-05-09, 05:53   Link #148
Anime Online

As I've been playing MMOs for quite a few years, the episode parts about MMO is very enjoyable for me. It really shows the mangaka had experience playing them and, through the anime, resonates with the MMO die-hards.

When Kona-chan was bemoaning after being heckled by Kuroi-sensei to do her homework and sleep early, it really shows how immersive MMOs have become havens of escapism from the real world.

Getting a warrior character to engage lots of mobs while the wizard character to get ready to blast them all with area-of-effect spells is one of the more efficient methods of gathering experience points in a MMO and I've known some people who have a habit of falling asleep while playing. Poor Kona-chan had to spend a whole day to regain her experience points. Yes, Kona-chan, I feel your pain. Those are the times you feel like punching through your monitor, but you can't really get angry at the friend who always fall asleep.

And when Kona-chan went on a rare-drop roll, it brings back memories of sharing the excitement with friends and then immediately wanting to try it out. Of course, the part about forgetting homework has me nodding as well, as my grades would testify (heh heh).

The summer festival parts are pretty good too, as they introduced Yui-chan and showed Tsukasa's penchant for trivia knowledge. The part where Konata was aiming at the store attendant after asking him whether she can get anything she hit reminds me of a similar scene in Gintama. In that scene, the corks started flying and hitting the store attendant's sunglasses, wallet, etc after the characters asked if they could get whatever they hit.
Old 2007-05-09, 06:04   Link #149
Shiori-chan

love this episode, like mentioned above, the mangaka has alot of mmo experience and that's cool becuz i also play wow ^^
Old 2007-05-09, 06:51   Link #150
problemedchild
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post

A smart puller always should have a contingency plan. One of my regular healers would usually fall asleep so it became standard practice to have a backup in the group. But usually we could get him to wake up if a wizard would do enough spell casting near his character that the sounds would jolt him from his slumber.
A lot of my guild members play with sound off. Not only that, having more than one of a necessary class detends to destroy exp efficency. Either way, I tend to AoE with myself now, with my boxing 6 clients on a single machine for best exp. So if I fall asleep, I can't blame anyone else but myself. Sucks when I get ganked though.

It's pretty funny when someone you're partying with has their support class on a bot program. They'd try to buff you according to how they're programed adding to some interesting wipes due to lose of buffs or aggro during an AoE pull.
Old 2007-05-09, 07:25   Link #151
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem

BTW, I am guessing that the "Su-" said by Akira after Lucky Channel is Sugita, am I wrong?
Old 2007-05-09, 07:48   Link #152
Noppapana
&gt; Haruhiist &lt;

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
my question is Yui really konata cousin ... or is she just a good friend ?

Credits to Pellissier for the sig
Old 2007-05-09, 07:56   Link #153
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wonderful points go to afk for using a DBZ font for Cha-La Head-Cha-La.

Great episode --- a lot of funny points. Nanako & Yui's talk was probably the high-point of the episode. Its pretty funny because i have a cousin just like Yui. :3
Old 2007-05-09, 08:10   Link #154
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Lucky Channel hit the bullseye... Everything Akira said was the sad and ugly truth in a MMO world.

Such as males roleplaying as females, as in acting like one, will get you a lot of benefits rare items etc.

Reminds me of a time when a friend of mine had a "girlfriend" in a MMORPG, with girl pics + girly voice(they talked on the phone) and everything... In the end she was a guy, "her" friend told us everything. We teased him for a month.. LOL.

The sad truth about when Akira first started... since veterans always assume that newbies don't usually lie on their genders. When they know that person is a girl(assuming she is real girl), they won't hesitate to "court" her by giving her alot of rare items etc. ah... good times, good times!
Old 2007-05-09, 08:19   Link #155
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
Lucky Channel hit the bullseye... Everything Akira said was the sad and ugly truth in a MMO world.

Such as males roleplaying as females, as in acting like one, will get you a lot of benefits rare items etc.

Reminds me of a time when a friend of mine had a "girlfriend" in a MMORPG, with girl pics + girly voice(they talked on the phone) and everything... In the end she was a guy, "her" friend told us everything. We teased him for a month.. LOL.

The sad truth about when Akira first started... since veterans always assume that newbies don't usually lie on their genders. When they know that person is a girl(assuming she is real girl), they won't hesitate to "court" her by giving her alot of rare items etc. ah... good times, good times!
It kinda reminds me of the "strippers" in WoW who do the Full Monty Dance (since WoW has fairly elaborate dance/action commands) in order to earn Gold.

But yeah... it's "amazing" how people will literally throw treasure at you so long as you "roleplay" a cute/sexy female character. The "sexual harassment" can be disturbing though.

Heh.
Old 2007-05-09, 08:32   Link #156
nadare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
It kinda reminds me of the "strippers" in WoW who do the Full Monty Dance (since WoW has fairly elaborate dance/action commands) in order to earn Gold.

But yeah... it's "amazing" how people will literally throw treasure at you so long as you "roleplay" a cute/sexy female character. The "sexual harassment" can be disturbing though.

Heh.
LOL. I've seen far worse than those... A chatroom saying "Will strip for game currency, with webcam and everything... one of my friend tried and saw it himself", also... there was once a rumor in the MMORPG I was playing that this girl slept with a GM to obtain a very rare item and when the girl in question was asked, she didn't deny it herself. These are the reasons why I don't play MMO's for more than three months...

Back to the topic... I still don't get what Konata was going to say after she was stopped by Kagami halfway... although i do understand that "event" = "h-scenes"
Old 2007-05-09, 08:36   Link #157
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post

Heh.
In the Loki server of international Ragnarok Online, we had a running joke about the "e-skanks": pancake nipples. This came from an actual girl who showed off her womanhood, or lack of, in hope to get free rare items.

I do play female characters in this game, because the female sprites are way cuter than males. Sadly or hopefully, I did not take advantage of it (or maybe because I dun play priestess or dancer...).

But yeah, Akira's rant about MMOs hit the nail.
Old 2007-05-09, 08:55   Link #158
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I myself played female characters in the brief time I played WoW, but I just did it for aesthetic purposes. All of the male 3d models look too bulky and macho IMO, with the sole exception of the elven males. It's just too bad that my friends were on Ally side, so no Blood Elf (best male 3d model hands down) and since my favorite classes were Mage, Warlock, Pally, no Night Elf either. >_<

@nadare
Actually, I really think that event scene refers to a scene where one bumps into one of the heroines in the festival, or some mushy romance dialogue during the event. The h-scene comes after, which is what is heavily implied what Konata is going to say. :P

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2007-05-09, 09:03   Link #159
nadare

oh... I always thought that event scenes are the H-scenes XD~... thanks.
Old 2007-05-09, 09:23   Link #160
Tatsumiko
*Artist

Man...this episode was excellent !!!!

Konata was great...as always X3...but I really liked Tsukasa in this ep..She's was so freakin adorable!!!!!!!!!!!! XDDDD

I really gotta think of more hobby's and fun things to do for summer vacation...^^

But I hate sports...^^"

hehehe....sucker for a female in a MMO....hilarious
Closed Thread