AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-24, 19:53   Link #521
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Ooh, now that's some good stuff. Mmm, Young Animal huh? Lessee, Orihara Mika, gravure model... very nice...
Old 2007-07-28, 01:31   Link #522
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Whoa, Yoko in uniform!

Also, spoiler for Nia on Megami magazine.
Mostly just reaffirming most people's speculations.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-28, 07:46   Link #523
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Hmm the pic can't load. Any Nia in uniform pics?
Old 2007-07-28, 08:10   Link #524
7Th
Mixtape

Why is Nia the Anti-Spiral messenger? Lord Genome created her that way? Do they explain that or we better wait for the series in order to understand that plot point?
Old 2007-07-28, 08:35   Link #525
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i have my suspicious that all the princesses created are messengers and that the king tried to kill them off by means of locking them up and throwing away the key (one which simon happened to find) ~ perhaps the creations of these princesses were not within his control as weve heard countless times that the king is trying to save the human race...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-28, 09:00   Link #526
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
dark Nia looks pretty cool; that body suit rulez.
Can she do some beam spam for me now?
Old 2007-07-28, 10:22   Link #527
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Why is Nia the Anti-Spiral messenger? Lord Genome created her that way? Do they explain that or we better wait for the series in order to understand that plot point?
Here's the Megami magazine scan.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-28, 11:09   Link #528
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Here's the Megami magazine scan.
Spoiler:
Hmm,
Spoiler:

Ok, gotta sleep now. Need to wake up tomorrow for my Nia fix.
Old 2007-07-28, 15:58   Link #529
Destructive

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
Hmm,
Spoiler:

Ok, gotta sleep now. Need to wake up tomorrow for my Nia fix.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-28, 17:57   Link #530
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Spoiler:
Sounds like Nia was born with a cancer that was dormant until the Anti-Spirals came along. It's cool to hear the mystery of the DNA revealed, but we've yet to find out about how the spiral Galaxy is related to all of this.

Looks like Garlock succeeds where Genome failed. Should be interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
actually , i've always been wondering what that Big face (gunmen) Simon and his crew are riding on in episode 1 is .
I mean , i don't see what the Lagann could have fused with to become this .
Also , when Simon says " Gurren Lagann , Spin on " , to me it seemed to suggest that huge head was the "gurren Lagann" , of course that was before we where introduced to the Gurren . What could it Be ?~~
The head matches that of the golden mech from the OP ('Gilgamesh' as some call it), specifically in that it has crown prongs shaped like drills.
Old 2007-07-28, 21:31   Link #531
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
nothing to speculate on this week at all... the episode didn't give much info more than spoiler.

well..
- We know now that Gunmen are indeed weapon created to fight Anti-Spiral. Hopefully Gunmen will be reconstructed and used from now. They are cooler than those... hmm what are their name again? We saw them get kicked so bad by Mugan.
Old 2007-07-29, 09:51   Link #532
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
nothing to speculate on this week at all... the episode didn't give much info more than spoiler.

well..
- We know now that Gunmen are indeed weapon created to fight Anti-Spiral. Hopefully Gunmen will be reconstructed and used from now. They are cooler than those... hmm what are their name again? We saw them get kicked so bad by Mugan.
Grapple/Grapals, you mean? Well, from what Genome said and the indication of the OP, it does look like Gunmen will be back in the fray again once Simon gets 'banished' in a manner of speaking.

And I don't think Grapples suck worse against the Mugan, it's just that they're more powerful. Otherwise, Gimmy and Darry wouldn't stick with them, and looks like they will judging from the OP. Since Grapples are military units, it's probably too suspicious to let Gurren-dan jack a huge number of them. Not to mention they're still needed for the capital protection. For a bunch of pirates, outdated Gunmens are probably better.

What I don't like is that apparently all the Gunmens will stay the same. I was hoping that Kitan at least gets a general-class upgrade in terms of capability and looks. King of King Kitan Gunmen.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-29, 09:54   Link #533
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Grapple/Grapals, you mean? Well, from what Genome said and the indication of the OP, it does look like Gunmen will be back in the fray again once Simon gets 'banished' in a manner of speaking.

What I don't like is that apparently all the Gunmens will stay the same. I was hoping that Kitan at least gets a general-class upgrade in terms of capability and looks. King of King Kitan Gunmen.
Maybe viral's new Enkidududu will be upgraded to pose more of a threat to enemies. It seems that the poor thing only shows up to get its butt handed to it.
Old 2007-07-29, 09:57   Link #534
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Maybe viral's new Enkidududu will be upgraded to pose more of a threat to enemies. It seems that the poor thing only shows up to get its butt handed to it.
Actually, the one he used in 17 was Enkidudu, the 7 year-old relic. I think Enkidududu will come later, once he joins Gurren-dan (( you know he will )) and gets an upgrade from Leeron.

Pity that Gurren-Lagann seems purely Simon's now alone. I miss the days it was dual-piloted.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-29, 09:59   Link #535
Var
Banned

Quote:
Actually, the one he used in 17 was Enkidudu, the 7 year-old relic. I think Enkidududu will come later, once he joins Gurren-dan (( you know he will )) and gets an upgrade from Leeron.

Pity that Gurren-Lagann seems purely Simon's now alone. I miss the days it was dual-piloted.
Poor wording on my part, I meant to say when Viral gets his new Enkidududu, not that he already had it. I'd agree that it will probably come later, also when Yoko reappears she may be the one to take to piloting Gurren.
Old 2007-07-29, 12:43   Link #536
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

I actually like that GL is piloted by Simon alone now. I do wonder how the Lagann magically grew to fit Simon's 21-year old body though, it would make more sense if he sat in the Gurren section.
Old 2007-07-29, 12:50   Link #537
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Oh man, i can only imagine the type of conversation Simon & Rossiu would have, if they were to both pilot now.
Old 2007-07-29, 13:07   Link #538
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
I actually like that GL is piloted by Simon alone now. I do wonder how the Lagann magically grew to fit Simon's 21-year old body though, it would make more sense if he sat in the Gurren section.
There's no access to the core drill in Gurren's pilot seat, it's likely someone needs to be in Lagann to power Gurren-Lagann. Even then, it's not like Lagann was a small mech...at one point it fit five or six people in its cockpit.
Old 2007-07-29, 16:10   Link #539
Midonin
Last Engage

In watching 17 and 18, I noticed how the Ganmen-like faces factor into the city decoration, including the particularly large one. We know Kamina City was once Tepperin. With the imminent moon threat, I think I figured out what Future Simon (or Present Simon, depending) was piloting. Somehow, I think he may be taking Kamina City itself out for a spin when the time comes.
Old 2007-07-29, 18:45   Link #540
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Oh man, i can only imagine the type of conversation Simon & Rossiu would have, if they were to both pilot now.
i can see simon separating from gurren and just go ahead to rape the enemy with lagann

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread