AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 30 Rating
Perfect 10 24 37.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 32.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 21.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.13%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-11, 17:42   Link #41
pirs
Yuki.N is love~

great episode indeed!
Old 2007-05-12, 06:46   Link #42
SebaZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by enerp8 View Post
I have doubt in this episode. How does N knoes the rules of the death note? I don't remember anyone tell him the rules...
It was Light, after they decided to share their informations... they left it out in the anime
Old 2007-05-12, 13:01   Link #43
rem

Quote:
Originally Posted by EphemeralDream View Post
Overall, I found it to be a very good episode worthy of the '9' I gave it. While I'm somewhat upset they changed it a bit from the manga, i'm also kinda happy; gives it a solitary feel

Spoiler for Anime Change:
I just read that part of the manga, and it looks like they skipped
Spoiler for manga not covered in anime:
I've been reading the manga just after each show, and I'm kind of pleased with the cuts in this ep, though they cut too much material out of ep. 29 for it to hang together properly.

As an aside, is it just me, or do these authors seem to have the US completely wrong? The US has never been a pacifist nation, and for the US to surrender to Kira because 1) the Mafia has been eliminated and 2) there is no more war...??? I don't think I've ever seen anything so ironic in my life, since we're basically fighting 2 wars right now that we initiated, and the Mafia is so far in the background of day-to-day existence that no one really pays attention to it. Wasn't the anime written in 2003-4? Could this be the authors' own wishful thinking about the US?

Never mind
Old 2007-05-12, 15:13   Link #44
akoftroy

No, the authors didn't have the US wrong. They went out of their way to paint the Vice-President as a wuss to explain why he bowed down to Kira so easily. And then there is outrage by the members of the press when he announces it. Plus, what the hell is the president supposed to do? Kira is so powerful that there's nothing that can be done to fight him in the public arena. Saying you're going to go after Kira is a death wish.
Old 2007-05-13, 02:02   Link #45
ThisIsDream

I think the USA or other countries would have oppsite Kira, if the result is bad, but the result of Kira's actions was positive. Although they may not agree with the methods.

Also, U can see that L is better than Near and mello. Near couldnt get the infor if Mello didnt have actions, and I dont think Near can use tennis to test Light or any phyiscal actions to investigate things, while mello can not calm down. L had them both, phyiscally and mentally.
Old 2007-05-13, 02:43   Link #46
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Basically until now i still don't understand the tennis match. In fact, during the tennis fact, both of them established that the tennis match was not meant for anything. You cant profile someone during a tennis match. Trying too hard to win would seem like kira's action, but trying too little would have the adverse effect of showing that you are kira. It seemed more like L was trying to make light think too hard so he would screw up. Basically i thought the cafe scene after that was the really clever part.
Old 2007-05-13, 11:33   Link #47
Guido

Justice

Light is turning more evil, but not on a simple basis of morals, but because the common people are swearing their support to Kira in exchange for a peaceful society devoid of crime and murder.

The problem is that the tip of the scale is turning towards the other side. What do I mean with that?

The common people, who gets frustrated by others, are venting their anger upon anyone who tries their patience and whatever act it is considered evil, whatever small maybe, is used as an excuse to instill fear of Kira upon them.

The argument that Matsuda brought up is very tense.
Light acknowledges that his judgement is evil but at the long-run is yielding results for the better. Countries where people can relax and go outdoors at any hour without fearing of being killed, robbed, or bullied on the streets.

And even the President confirmed that countries are not willing to make wars against each other for whatever political, economical, or social unrest among them.

The problem that weighs down, which is bluntly argued by Aizawa, is that Kira is creating fear upon people's hearts in order to force to act honest, kind, and virtuous.
Human nature cannot work that way. Light is only sealing people's negative nature under the rug through fear of being killed.

The side-effects are steadily starting to show in Japan. If people cannot vent their anger and frustrations by themselves upon others, then they'll simply accuse their neighbors that did wrong to them and threaten the with posting their names on the media for Kira to give them judgement.
In that way common people instill fear of Kira upon their neighbors to subject them.
It is the same system that has not changed. People continue to abuse people, but this time they are using Kira as the mean for whatever little excuse so that they won't have even to bother dirtying their hands to do the deed.

I enjoyed this episode a lot first for the above heated, argument which made reflect about the scope for Death Note, and second because Near pressured the hell of a time on Light and incurred his wrath.
Spoiler:

The thing I am pointing out is that Near already deduced that Light has to be Kira in some way or another, because the fake rule was just placed on a perfect timing at the time of his lock-up and deduced that the Shinigami was made to lie about it.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-13, 18:50   Link #48
ThisIsDream

u can determine what kind of a person from it i guess, and sometimes when u are doing something with someone, ur relationship will eventually get closer, like eating lunch with ur friends, doing things together.
Old 2007-05-13, 21:36   Link #49
Blackage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
One thing

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-14, 08:05   Link #50
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Does Near even know about light's imprisonment? Either way, from the tone light used to talk to near at the end of the episode, he pretty much showed he was kira.
Old 2007-05-14, 17:38   Link #51
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Great episode looks like the battlelines have been drawn on all sides. Although light thinks he is untouchable at this point imp he is at an disadvantage. Due to the serious rivalry between Near and Mellow it makes them want to try that much harderr. Over all Light has shown that the arm of Kira indeed reaches world wide.

There was only one thing I could not bring my self to believe. That was the fact that American president conceeded to Kira. To me that would be highly unlikley but then again many people would do whatever it would take to stay alive. Others would sacrifice them self for honor. I would rather die than to do thing Kira's way. Peace through mass killings and fear is not true peace in my opinion.

On another note seeing Lights mother break down into tears was heartbreaking to watch. First he daughter gets kidnapped then he husband dies in the line of duty and im sure light could give a rats ass about her.
Old 2007-05-14, 21:39   Link #52
ThisIsDream

Light was confidence and that what he needs, and some ppl dont like it (dont know why). Light really sacrificed alot, like he said Kira would be the scapegoat in order to make peace for others.
Old 2007-05-14, 23:43   Link #53
EarlyBlake
N L A M

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakildwz View Post
This is for things that happaned in past episodes that was changed from the Manga.

Spoiler for Changed Manga Plot In Prior Episodes:

That makes more sense. It sounds like hte writting in the manga is a little tighter than the anime. Thanks for the info.

I thought the first 1/2 of the episode dragged, but once Mello got to Nears place ist was good.

Last edited by EarlyBlake; 2007-05-15 at 19:52.
Old 2007-05-15, 14:24   Link #54
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well, this episode was infinitely better than the last one. It felt like the awesomeness that was the first half of the series had returned

That said, i think Light seriously dug a hole for himself at the end of the ep with that phone call - looks like his ego got the better of him, and i bet it is going to cost him later down the road. The crazy director/whatever at the end of the ep managed to crack me up

I hope they can keep this up - the finale has the promise of being intense.
Old 2007-05-15, 18:27   Link #55
ThisIsDream

I think Near would call Light anyway, and Light have to answer it or it will be too suspicious.
Old 2007-05-24, 21:02   Link #56
T E L L
Welcome all who's worthy.

He only wrote out the molester's name about 3 times. So the person would die. By the way ep. 31 is already out.
Closed Thread