AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Nanoha

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-20, 21:02   Link #261
Meophist
Tell me who I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonixfyre View Post
Which is why I made Dione just an above average mage. Just because he's lived longer than any human doesn't make him exceptionally powerful. Nanoha could beat him up with both arms tied behind her back.
There more to a character than their capabilities in combat.
Old 2007-05-20, 22:54   Link #262
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
There more to a character than their capabilities in combat.
This is just an innocent question: How would you take a world-weary Highlander type? Just polling the audience for market research.
Old 2007-05-20, 23:41   Link #263
Meophist
Tell me who I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
This is just an innocent question: How would you take a world-weary Highlander type? Just polling the audience for market research.
"Highlander"? Not quite sure on its meaning, but given some assumptions…

Depends on how it's done, of course, but usually I think it'll probably be kinda boring. Characters are usually more interesting if they are learning something. Already knowing everything kinda gets rid of the excitement. However, I think it still has great potential as an antagonist, but not so much as a protagonist. I'm willing to be surprised though.

If I were to make a character like that, I would put him/her into situations that are at the limit of or beyond what they believe they can handle. Have them figure out whether they should take to the challenge or avoid it. As long as they don't always take to the challenge, it could be interesting. Could. I'm not sure.
Old 2007-05-20, 23:53   Link #264
LoweGear
Kuso Teitoku
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
"Highlander"? Not quite sure on its meaning, but given some assumptions…

Depends on how it's done, of course, but usually I think it'll probably be kinda boring. Characters are usually more interesting if they are learning something. Already knowing everything kinda gets rid of the excitement. However, I think it still has great potential as an antagonist, but not so much as a protagonist. I'm willing to be surprised though.

If I were to make a character like that, I would put him/her into situations that are at the limit of or beyond what they believe they can handle. Have them figure out whether they should take to the challenge or avoid it. As long as they don't always take to the challenge, it could be interesting. Could. I'm not sure.
Guess you haven't seen "Highlander" then, about the immortal swordsman wandering through life killing other immortals.

Anyways, an immortal (or at least, long lived) character does have a lot a lot to learn. Sure, they may be more experienced, and often more jaded than the average senior, but the world changes alot during their long lifetime, meaning they'll have ALOT to learn about the new things about the world. Immortals may known more and experienced more, but they're often the ones to discover that there are just THAT many different experiences that a person can go through in life. And yes, unlike younger characters such an immortal character would have enough accumulated wisdom to avoid situations they know they cannot act on, or don't need to.

I actually had a character like that before I thought up of Kay, and in a way she's Kay's prototype; Her name's Rem, and she's an ageless 200-year old woman working as an agent for an interdimensional agency, not unlike the TSAB. While she can hardly be surprised by anything due to the number of missions she's performed, she still manages to find alot of surprises in this infinite multiverse.

At least, that's how I would've done so.

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
Old 2007-05-21, 00:09   Link #265
Meophist
Tell me who I am.

That depends on the type of knowledge. By "learning", I didn't mean bits of information people pick up during their lives, but the gaining of life knowledge which changes and affects them. I don't enjoy static characters, and that's something that immortal characters tend to be. Not to mention the older jaded character that becomes influenced by younger spirited people plot point has been so overdone, that I rarely find that archtype too interesting anymore.

That's not something I'm too interested in seeing, though I imagine that might sound a bit short-sighted by some. That's just me though, how I am.
Old 2007-05-21, 00:15   Link #266
Aaron008R

@LoweGear: Nice! It's really fun to imagine your little group of peculiar people and AI. And Shinji seems to be quite the guy to actually bag himself a girlfriend at that point. I'll be looking forward to Asuka's profile. Keep up the good work.

@Pheonixfyre: I'm glad to be of help. I actually got the term Ageless from the descriptions of elves in the Forgotten Realms series. Since they really quite match the description of Dione's race when aging is taken into consideration.

@Meophist: I like your prospect of a game there. In any case your sibling characters are proving to be really quite adaptable even in other universes. Though I'm not too sure about the vines part because we are not shown any plant-manipulation in the Nanohaverse as of yet. Anyway, good luck in your mission to be a game designer. I'm positive that you'd do well in it.

@Kha: I'm not really sure which answer would be the best when I'm asked about really old characters. There are quite the variety of these kinds of characters as far as I've seen. We could get the wise-Yoda type, the intelligent but rather prejudiced Elf type, and so on. But that doesn't really cut off the development that badly. The usual course would be someone who lived their whole life sticking to one belief only to change views after a sudden event. There's also the old person thinking that 'there seems to be much more to learn than I expected' type.
Old 2007-05-21, 01:38   Link #267
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
You can teach an old dog new tricks, as long as a brain is still there... :lol:

well since we have quite enough good main characters, why not focus now on the evil ones (like my Nonaha) and while at it, grunts that get tossed around and have lax insurance benefits in case of being tenchu-ed to kingdom come and back- or machines while at it- AI avatars, computer systems and the like...

and while i'm thinking of something to add, i'm planning to (looks around for any snipers) rip adapt a villain from another anime universe and minor-mod him to suit the nanohaverse. Clue: he's now an irate collector of mystic feathers- again.
Old 2007-05-21, 01:44   Link #268
LoweGear
Kuso Teitoku
*Graphic Designer

*Trains scope on Saint X in case he tries to rip off Syaoron*

Never know what hit him

I'm assuming thiw two-time crossover character is who you're talking about?

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
Old 2007-05-21, 01:49   Link #269
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

@ LoweGear

Spoiler for AlternateS II snippet in 10 seconds:

Last edited by Saint X; 2007-05-21 at 02:03.
Old 2007-05-21, 02:49   Link #270
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

@Those who answered poll: Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
*Trains scope on Saint X in case he tries to rip off Syaoron*

Never know what hit him

I'm assuming this two-time crossover character is who you're talking about?
He is, especially since Clone Syaoran has just gone rogue. Don't look at me I wasn't involved in this... yet.
Old 2007-05-21, 02:54   Link #271
LoweGear
Kuso Teitoku
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
@Those who answered poll: Thanks!

He is, especially since Clone Syaoran has just gone rogue. Don't look at me I wasn't involved in this... yet.
Now I'm wondering what Sakura would think about having a "Syaoron" around

Old 2007-05-21, 02:56   Link #272
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Quote:
Not him... he's been long destroyed- body, mind, heart, soul and linker core.

Signum: Centuries ago... while i was on that mission to gather info about the lost logia set- the records had confirmed it...

Still unnamed TSAB Commander: It's his boss, his creator who is collecting now- managing to gather enough energy and life force from the lost logia that he stole.

---

I'm talking about the major bad guy in that universe... and under circumstances that he was upstaged from getting whatever power the lost logia set have- Logia host, key, and even the clone key destroyed... he is really irate now...
Old 2007-05-21, 03:55   Link #273
LoweGear
Kuso Teitoku
*Graphic Designer

Hmmm....

After some time, finally finished Part III of AI's, featuring Asuka. This isn't the end of Kay's profile though, there's LOTS more ahead.

Spoiler for length:

And damn... turns out there's a character limit per post, meaning I couldn't update the main profile with this entry

Old 2007-05-21, 04:12   Link #274
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Hmmm....

After some time, finally finished Part III of AI's, featuring Asuka. This isn't the end of Kay's profile though, there's LOTS more ahead.

Spoiler for length:

And damn... turns out there's a character limit per post, meaning I couldn't update the main profile with this entry
I smell Unison coming. Asuka's one amazing device, not to mention a very human one. Also, she's the only one of the 3 siblings to resemble her namesake. Just a thought: If Galatea copied all his programs wholesale, there might be remnant coding that hint at some uber-kill skill program residing in Asuka and if she can unlock it... It can also be not so simple, in that that remnant can be used in many ways (treasure map, literature, spell program, or a hint of a lost Velka sword technique) if it exists.

Gosh I'm being left behind. And Epi 3 is still giving me hell as I'm trying not to kill off Kha's new friends... Sigh...

Last edited by Kha; 2007-05-21 at 04:23.
Old 2007-05-21, 06:16   Link #275
LoweGear
Kuso Teitoku
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I smell Unison coming. Asuka's one amazing device, not to mention a very human one. Also, she's the only one of the 3 siblings to resemble her namesake. Just a thought: If Galatea copied all his programs wholesale, there might be remnant coding that hint at some uber-kill skill program residing in Asuka and if she can unlock it... It can also be not so simple, in that that remnant can be used in many ways (treasure map, literature, spell program, or a hint of a lost Velka sword technique) if it exists.

Gosh I'm being left behind. And Epi 3 is still giving me hell as I'm trying not to kill off Kha's new friends... Sigh...
I tried to make her as close to the Langley Soryu as I can without being too much like her, so thanks

Well, I have yet to shed light on one of Galatea's remnant programs that Asuka has yet to uncover - his Full Drive Mode Although yes, there could be other remnants locked inside his program... maybe a new Borsch recipe

Old 2007-05-21, 06:54   Link #276
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
I tried to make her as close to the Langley Soryu as I can without being too much like her, so thanks

Well, I have yet to shed light on one of Galatea's remnant programs that Asuka has yet to uncover - his Full Drive Mode Although yes, there could be other remnants locked inside his program... maybe a new Borsch recipe
*spits out milk green tea in shock*

Man I hate that stuff! But beats ground liver any day... I can imagine the look on their faces when they piece the program together, looking for some great secret and lo and behold...!
Old 2007-05-21, 10:19   Link #277
LoweGear
Kuso Teitoku
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
*spits out milk green tea in shock*

Man I hate that stuff! But beats ground liver any day... I can imagine the look on their faces when they piece the program together, looking for some great secret and lo and behold...!
... the secret to the Holy Ancient Belkan technique of... making delicious Borsch

Old 2007-05-21, 10:25   Link #278
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Dio, Klaus and Alviss turn green- yup... they are AV saint programs.

*Ugh...

Kyla, Ash and Ruri run away while Nonaha is nowhere to be found...

---

More villians coming up!

- as soon as i return from work.
Old 2007-05-21, 10:31   Link #279
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

@Lowe: I can see it now... The thick red cream sloshing lovingly... The perfect garnishes... The rich scent of BEET... OH it could even beguil Angels to feast upon it! Such pefection... How can it exist in these mortal worlds...!

This thread for a second I thought the thread died. Turns out there was no need to Seed Bluecheesium.

But since I already have, you know what comes next. Cheestalyst Missile launched!

---New intelligence data updated---

Kha has few magic that is derived from his core, as Reactive Linker Cores tend to be very weak being so dispersed. Therefore, the only Old Velka battle styles that he could learn were from the movement techniques; the Japanese analog would be Taijutsu. Out of the psionic techniques (somewhat analogous to Genjutsu, but its not just mind tricks), Kha only can perform telepathy and he can do none of the magic techniques (analogous to Ninjutsu). To make up for his shortfalls, Kha trained hard and by the time he became a Meister, he had fully mastered all the various schools of movement techniques that the instructors, all non-AVKs, at Saint Church could teach. Even then, he still roams in his free time to find other former AVKs and learn more about this dying art of combat.

While his core is used to direct and spark off his spells, most of the power in his spells are derived directly from the Light, so he must tread carefully, for if he falls out of favour with the Light, he must atone for his sins or remain next to powerless.
Spoiler for Standard Skills:
Spoiler for Seals (Siegel):
Spoiler for Blessings (Segen):
Spoiler for Auras:

Whiffy.

Last edited by Kha; 2007-05-23 at 19:55.
Old 2007-05-21, 10:42   Link #280
Meophist
Tell me who I am.

…and I thought I typed alot.
Closed Thread