AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-16, 19:24   Link #10101
EnigmaticThief
Schach is MAI WAIFU

Send a message via AIM to EnigmaticThief Send a message via Yahoo to EnigmaticThief
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Well I haven't really been getting as much feedback as I would've liked but here's my 2nd OC.

Spoiler for spoiler for lots of text :S:

Ok, not exactly the most original but I don't want to stray too far from what's accepted. I realize that there's a lot of work to be done with my OCs and I'll make any changes where necessary. However I can't do this without feedback.

I know I'm new here and all, but I feel kind of left out really. =|

Anyway the device is probably the most unoriginal part there is. But when I thought of the device of my OC, I kept thinking and was looking around and it just hit me that a sword with a revolver in it (for the cartridge system) just had to be a gunblade. It just fits perfectly I guess.

Of course I think a little bit of adjustment is in order, so the original Griever is only a model. But basically that's what I'm looking at, except it being a straight hilt and minus the gun trigger.

Now I shall once again...*pochitto* *cowers in fear after clicking on submit button*
That profile is looking very nice, FA. When I read the description of her barrier jacket, I immediately thought of Saber. I think that her backstory is very interesting and well-detailed, and her personality traits show a lot of potential.
Old 2007-09-16, 19:40   Link #10102
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
A turnaround? That's something I didn't expect

And nope. Matsuri has no linker core (or at least, a very weak one to the point of insignificance), which means she can never use magic even if she wants to. And it's best that I leave her as someone who knows about magic, but doesn't actively participate (not all the time anyway).

Amongst the sea of mages and combat personel in the TSAB, and out of it (and OC in general), I just wanted someone down-to-earth to write about
Ah, too bad. I'm starting to like the girl and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
He won't fight ALONE of course... I haven't finalized it, but most likely it'll be a team-up with Garyuu as well, among other things.

Not to mention plot-device. Like Zest's spear breaking so easily though it's probably pretty old itself. I'll make mine logical to the character-relevance, but it's still generally incomplete.

The only thing that's REALLY complete for these pair is their sub-plot ending.
Hopefully that ending will include some Erio-Caro-Lutecia RABU-RABU

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What can I say? I'm a pirate

*Plays the theme sound*
Love that theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Okay, just finished watching episode 25, which has left me with enough data to start writing Rescue Mission 3.

That is, if I could figure out just what to do.

On one hand I have dramatic Keroko/Nanoha/Vivio fight, on another a chase for Quattro. Both sides have their ups and downs, with the Vivio fight draining quite a bit of the Nanoha drama and the Quattro chase severely lacking in dramatic oponents. I'll need some sleep and a good few hours to think up a working plan.
Wouldnt canon chase after Quattro later too? It'd be weird if they didnt.

Is Vivio powerful enough to handle both Nanoha and Keroko at the same time? (I havent watched 24 yet)
Old 2007-09-16, 19:49   Link #10103
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Wouldnt canon chase after Quattro later too? It'd be weird if they didnt.

Is Vivio powerful enough to handle both Nanoha and Keroko at the same time? (I havent watched 24 yet)
No, Vivio sucks. Nanoha was playing the "restrain" game all day long until Vivio said the 'save me" magic word when Nanoha went SLB on her to turn her back loli.

Sure, Nanoha got a bit of damage, but it was brighter than white that Nanoha was playing the 'OMG I'm holding back because it's Vivio' thing, and it's not like Nanoha is famed for being a very l33t user of restraining magic.

If it weren't for the mediocre drama (( Vivio's finally gotten some intelligence and is not COMPLETELY mama mama mama mama mama )), Nanoha-Vivio would be crap crap crap in my alley. As it is, it's currently crap. Fanservice like Blaster Mode and SLB won't save a horrible, almost undramatic final fight that lacked so much tension.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-16, 20:19   Link #10104
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
No, Vivio sucks. Nanoha was playing the "restrain" game all day long until Vivio said the 'save me" magic word when Nanoha went SLB on her to turn her back loli.

Sure, Nanoha got a bit of damage, but it was brighter than white that Nanoha was playing the 'OMG I'm holding back because it's Vivio' thing, and it's not like Nanoha is famed for being a very l33t user of restraining magic.

If it weren't for the mediocre drama (( Vivio's finally gotten some intelligence and is not COMPLETELY mama mama mama mama mama )), Nanoha-Vivio would be crap crap crap in my alley. As it is, it's currently crap. Fanservice like Blaster Mode and SLB won't save a horrible, almost undramatic final fight that lacked so much tension.
I cant believe how they were able to screw StrikerS up this bad...the producers were the same as the ones in A's right?

I really want season 4, if only so we can keep having fun in this OC thread with new material...but from how StrikerS turned out, I'm seriously doubting there will be a S4. I now just pray that the NxF fanservice is enough for StrikerS to sell well.
Old 2007-09-16, 20:23   Link #10105
Aaron008R

Just watched the episode 25 RAW... Fanservicy with lotsa binds and explosions... And the Fin Funnels (My slave weapons don't seem to be too impossible to use any more). And MORE Hayate shafting!

I'll tend to the rest of the backlog later...

Quote:
Zest trying to punch Signum, and losing... hehehehehehehehehehe....

I can definitely use this...

Just like what Aaron did.
What did I do?

As far as I know, Isdera punched Signum and won...
And Aurion didn't punch her, it was a gauntlet purge followed by a Kamen Rider 555-inspired Break Impulse Kick.

Maybe I could do a Signum Unisoned with Agito scene in the future... If they really go through with that.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-09-16, 20:33   Link #10106
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
I cant believe how they were able to screw StrikerS up this bad...the producers were the same as the ones in A's right?

I really want season 4, if only so we can keep having fun in this OC thread with new material...but from how StrikerS turned out, I'm seriously doubting there will be a S4. I now just pray that the NxF fanservice is enough for StrikerS to sell well.
Yup, it's the same as A's.

And quality of a show is not the determinent of a new season, sales are. And StrikerS is more popular than A's. Just look at the DVD sales.

Quote:
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS 22,177 (2+) (Seven Arcs)
2007/07/25 22,609 Vol. 1 (Three episodes up to current volume)
2007/08/22 21,745 Vol. 2
Compared with...
Quote:
13.**64,903*Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's [Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's]*(Volumes 1-6)
10,817 Copies Sold Per Volume
Yes, I know StrikerS went downhill later on, but for most parts, DVD sales are mostly consistent despite presumed drop in quality. So, it's not going to drop beyond 15000 DVDs per release most likely unless some shit turned out in 2ch or something. Look at GSD. Despite being bashed left and right everyday like no one's business in the internet, its DVD sales were making the producers in Bandai sleeping on a couch of cash.

Depending on how Ep.26 turns out, I think chances for a S4 is very very high. Otherwise, I see ABSOLUTELY NO justification for making the villains of StrikerS crap EVEN under this so-called AMF thing. I don't think I've ever seen a more round-about manner of handling villains and good guys, going every stop to weaken the good guys while making the baddies weaker one-trick-ponies.

Not to mention the sheer nonexistence of 'good' drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
What did I do?

As far as I know, Isdera punched Signum and won...
And Aurion didn't punch her, it was a gauntlet purge followed by a Kamen Rider 555-inspired Break Impulse Kick.
Signum feeling a sense of 'familiarity.'

And that's why Signum won against Zest, because she once lost to something strangely similar that she cannot remember, but her body does.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-16, 21:29   Link #10107
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Weee Backlog… I’ve been kind of out of it the last day and a half or so. I seem to have picked up a mild case of stomach flu and I slept about 15 hours today, wasted the rest of it playing the Quake Wars demo….

Announcer: Our MCP is disabled! Repair our MCP!
Announcer: MCP repaired! Drive it to the outpost!
Announcer: MCP irepaired! Drive it to the outpost!

Oh and I've got a bunch of tests this week and my throbbing head is giving me a nice case of writers block so don’t expect much out of me anytime soon pretty much everything is delayed at this point and posting maybe sporadic for the next week or so.
Old 2007-09-16, 22:13   Link #10108
Aaron008R

Episode 25 leaves an empty feeling in my stomach...

Backlog......

Breaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AImost Pure View Post
I know, I know, my absence of updates for the story has had everyone on pins and needles. I'm sorry but for some reason I hit a rough spot on certain character ideas and I'm not quite sure I still got them how I want them, but here's another piece of Minea's diaries!

Spoiler for Minea's Diaries:
Nicely detailed. As expected, Constance and Alexandria gets along well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty View Post
Congrats to you then; you have made history here....

Anyway, another preview for SearcherS 9....

Spoiler for SearcherS 9-preview 2:

Reference for that "object":
Spoiler for for space:
I remember that from GitS:SaC. Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
WOW...

This thread is now OVER 10000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Tk3997 and Chaos2Frozen for getting the 10K Post and Reply!

In celebration....

------------------

SADAME NO GIN-NEE NO TOPPA SHITTE!!!!!!

INOCHI YO SAKEBE GA GIN-NEE NI KIBIKU!!!!!!

KYOUDAI GATTAI!!!!!

SHOURI NO SURU NO WA!!!!!

YUUKI ARIMONO DA!!!!

The funny thing is, we'll be getting a double-knuckle for episode 26.

Quote:
Summary of Background included

Very brief, and very rush

Spoiler for Cero, Destroyer of Courage:
Are the harem ageless too?

Quote:
It just sprang into my mind when I came across one particular picture, one that also made me change Tesla's hairstyle:

Spoiler for So sweet:
Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Spoiler for Hm...:

I know Griffith might not have been the best substitute for Otacon, and the same goes with...well, you can guess, for Fox. I did decide to leave the stealth camouflage bit out, but...I might put it back in if I revise this.

But, do tell me what you all think, fellow readers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Duck and cover, people!

Indeed, though, the concept of Chrono's Numbers facing off against those of Jail's is indeed...interesting.

And now, for all interested, a brief continuation:

Spoiler for Neither Enemy nor Friend...:

I know I skipped the ending part...but that'll be featured in the follow-up, if there is one. I also altered some dialogue, too. But, do tell me what you think.
I like what I see. Poor Griffith...

Quote:
It's done! Keroko in Barrier Jacket, and a bit of Keroko-mama to boot! God I love Seven Arcs for making this job so ludicurousely easy for me.

Though I do want a serious discussion with them about reading my mind...

Anyhoo...

I kept the 'lets go home' I thought it fit.

Seven Arcs loves me.
Nice!

Quote:
Spoiler for Knight and Dragon:

Spoiler for More Numbers!?:
Awesome pics.

Quote:
I've got some time, so a DestinyS snippet.

Spoiler for DestinyS:
Is Schach still alive?
Damn, that was insane.

Quote:
Oops, nearly forgot this.

His crazed look.

And of course, there'll be a reason to his whole 'self-inflicted muteness' along to why he's half-crazy other than to make it a joke on Erio, of course.
Now THAT looks scary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
Quick break...and back into the high rolling battle...additionally, in honor of a recent hot blood sacrifice...

Spoiler for Aratana Bakusou!! Part H:

...explosive...yes?
Explosive indeed. The figure in the lake... Is that Dr. Ohara?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Whoa....He's nasty....

Hmm, so she thinks that Fried (and probably any other dragon) has 'fallen' from their former glory...
What would she think of a half-dragon/half-human being?

And...crazy too

Here we go! to Chapter 18: Resolve, running along episode 23 and 24

Spoiler for Chapter 18: Resolve - Part 1:

This shows how good Maren's senses are in Hybrid Form

Unlimited Stinger Works
Though, I think Treize should refrain from upgrading stuff that much

Oh, and these Stingers will be called Night Stingers
Treize wins for the CLUELESS MOE show.

Quote:
Not to mention plot-device. Like Zest's spear breaking so easily though it's probably pretty old itself. I'll make mine logical to the character-relevance, but it's still generally incomplete.

The only thing that's REALLY complete for these pair is their sub-plot ending.
That part was disappointing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
@Everyone:

Other than Vice, does anyone have ideas for MALE love interests for Teana? Kha-kun, I always thought Artei-san might be a good fit...

Spoiler for Shoujo-ai:

WII~~
It was more of a joke from my part. I'm not telling you to make the SubaruXTeana pairing fanonically official. And I'd honestly rather Tea have a male partner. Anyway, I'm not too fond of same-sex relationships as well. It's just that I understand that there's a need for open-mindedness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Well I haven't really been getting as much feedback as I would've liked but here's my 2nd OC.

Spoiler for spoiler for lots of text :S:

Whew...so, what do you guys think?

This is an OC I have used several times, she's been a little different each time but I keep using her because she fits so well. I tried to make her unique, and powerful, but without being broken.

Comments/questions/critique is all welcome. If you wanna borrow her for a story or something, that's cool too, just drop me a line.

And with any luck, I'll have someone new before too long.
Awesome.

She's like a female Vash with a totally different style. The history, personality, abilities and others are very well-detailed. Those Attachments would indeed prove pretty damned useful.

Good job!

Quote:

Not to mention the
Spoiler for ep. 25 spoiler:

Quote:
People can make mistakes... But I'm not feeling very forgiving right now...

Quote:
Signum feeling a sense of 'familiarity.'

And that's why Signum won against Zest, because she once lost to something strangely similar that she cannot remember, but her body does.
I see now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Weee Backlog… I’ve been kind of out of it the last day and a half or so. I seem to have picked up a mild case of stomach flu and I slept about 15 hours today, wasted the rest of it playing the Quake Wars demo….

Announcer: MCP irepaired! Drive it to the outpost!

Oh and I've got a bunch of tests this week and my throbbing head is giving me a nice case of writers block so don’t expect much out of me anytime soon pretty much everything is delayed at this point and posting maybe sporadic for the next week or so.
Ouch. Hope you get better soon. And good luck with those exams.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-09-16 at 22:31.
Old 2007-09-16, 22:26   Link #10109
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Other than Vice, does anyone have ideas for MALE love interests for Teana? Kha-kun, I always thought Artei-san might be a good fit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
I have someone in mind... Another OC though...

NOT a Destroyer, human in fact...

He's the same one that I mentioned quite some time ago, the one who likes locking horns with Vita... BECAUSE OF A GOOD REASON...

I'll do his background later... In the middle of something sticky...

Spoiler for "Red Verdugo":

To be continued...

Quote:
Backlog......

Breaker.
I know how you feel... There's an empty feeling in my stomach as well....

Quote:
Are the harem ageless too?

Old 2007-09-16, 22:31   Link #10110
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Extreme Addition!!!

~ The boredom...

Okay, finally! Managed to compile this, the nanobot-infused combat maiden- all ready for the Nanohaverse!!!

Foreword: the images are courtesy of DA members- basically colored Otome manga scans, please take your time to check their other works as well.

Spoiler for The Otome of the Blue Sky: MGLN/MSLN Version:

- R&R please...

And this added to the Otome squad:

Spoiler for Mashiro-Chan:

*runs while shuddering to what he has unleashed*
Old 2007-09-16, 22:36   Link #10111
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
It was more of a joke from my part. I'm not telling you to make the SubaruXTeana pairing fanonically official. And I'd honestly rather Tea have a male partner. Anyway, I'm not too fond of same-sex relationships as well. It's just that I understand that there's a need for open-mindedness.
I only have 1 thing to say -

UGUU~!

NEW MATERIAL!!!!

I was watching... stuff this afternoon, and was thereby inspired to write this little snippet.

Note: Anyone is free to claim this snippet for their use. If no one claims it by the
time I reach the end fight in LegendS, then I'll use it.

The following is the LegendS version of the snippet - if you claim it, feel free to change the details - but keep the core of the snippet the same - PM me if you want details...

Spoiler for Arcas + Gar = ?:

<tosses snippet into ring>

There, lads, it's yours now - if you'll pick it up.

"I am not a hero, but I served in the company of Nano."

Old 2007-09-16, 22:45   Link #10112
KBTKaiser

*clear mind damage briefly*

anyways...Reiji, you were looking for some possible Male OC pairing with Teana, yes? I'm sure Ginga and Subaru wouldn't mind "sharing" their boys, so to speak.

*runs from various implementations of death.*
Old 2007-09-16, 22:54   Link #10113
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Sorry sorry, I still can't comment on backlog with my revision on full steam, but I took a break and ran through the forums. Then Aaron's mention of Excelion Bits triggered a memory.

Digging through my biological hard disk (the silicon one is in my room), I found this piece inspired by Saint X's request for me to come up with using Kha's old spell, Augen des Gottes (Eyes of God), the one he sacrificed to purge Fate's gemi-stigma:
Spoiler for AlternateS scene:
You guys know I've been enthralled with Amuro for years now, so...

I dropped this because Nonaha was OOC apparently. However, with a litte work, I think it goes to explain why Nanoha had bits. It was after all, Kha's most powerful attack, and just like Fate copying Kha's dual-wielding, apparently so did Nanoha.

But I in turn was copying Amuro...

Last edited by Kha; 2007-09-17 at 01:03. Reason: Clean up, and fixed Nonaha's device name.
Old 2007-09-16, 22:57   Link #10114
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
*clear mind damage briefly*

anyways...Reiji, you were looking for some possible Male OC pairing with Teana, yes? I'm sure Ginga and Subaru wouldn't mind "sharing" their boys, so to speak.

*runs from various implementations of death.*
actually... *points to Reiji's post about Ashton*

Spoiler for and this:

@ Kha: It's Freezing/Silent Heart
Old 2007-09-16, 23:30   Link #10115
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
I know how you feel... There's an empty feeling in my stomach as well....
My stomach feels like itís twisted over on itself and full to the bursting point, but uh that's probably dosen't have much to do with Ep 25 though...
Old 2007-09-16, 23:38   Link #10116
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
My stomach feels like itís twisted over on itself and full to the bursting point, but uh that's probably dosen't have much to do with Ep 25 though...
Actually, I know how you feel as well I ate Thai food last night...
Old 2007-09-16, 23:39   Link #10117
CaroRuLushe
Souka...

I got my OC done finally!!! =.= it took me so long. why?
well here tell me if its okl. i straightened out the story and stuff. tell me if i made a mistake.
Now to make "her" bio and "its" bio.......By the way in my thing Caro is 17.
Spoiler for long. kinda. character.:
Will explain like "her" and "dark winged" in the other 2 bios for them. and ther kerixion is called.
Spoiler for other kerixion:
well tell me what you think. also. can decide what picture to use for her. i was up intill like 2 am last night to find a perfect picture on google,etc. whicho one would you perfer?
Spoiler for Which one?:
Spoiler for her sickle and ponytail things:

Last edited by CaroRuLushe; 2007-09-17 at 00:59.
Old 2007-09-17, 00:05   Link #10118
Satty
Slash!

Well guys, SearcherS 9 is done, added some OC's, but I don't feel right on how I wrote the dialog...

Anyway, it's for you to judge...here it is.

Spoiler for SearcherS 9:

@FieryAeon:Nice 2nd character of yours, and don't worry about anybody making fun of your character, it's all cool here.

@Eternal:Interesting character...

@Keroko:Nice shop there! I approve!

@FlameSparkZ:Nice chapter again, poor Treize, she's just trying to help!

@Nighty:Damn, that's scary.

@Saint:Bringing her to the OC thread, huh?

@Caro:Nice first character, and the pictures work well for imagining how she looks like.

"Rarely here, mostly not."
Old 2007-09-17, 00:36   Link #10119
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

@ Satty:

I was expecting more of... this reaction...

Spoiler for HAXX:

@ thread: we need more reviews hehe

@ Caro: why did that equipment remind me of Alice Key Weapons?

Last edited by Saint X; 2007-09-17 at 01:09.
Old 2007-09-17, 00:38   Link #10120
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Long ass background...

Spoiler for "Red Verdugo":

Adding the description for his two barrier Jacket modes later... Lunch now...
Closed Thread