AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-10-02, 18:08   Link #12061
FlameSparkZ
紅い矢は茨の如く
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
That would have been ironic. 'Vivio I'll save you!' BOOM! SPLAT!

Probably has something to do with the fact that it was blasted with magical damage.
We don't know how the incident happened so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
C-cute...


I'd post Part 1 of Calm Days, but I don't have the drawings ready
And those drawings are:
  • Shari and Treize
  • (Can't explain this one without spoiling)
  • Koji and Yui in 'kyodai modo'
__________________
FGO ID: 731,485,752 IGN: Wyen
Non-Event Support List: Vlad (Formalcraft), Nero, Robin (NP5), Hector (NP5), Drake, Helena (NP2), Shiki (NP5), Kiyohime (NP5)

Wishlist: Nero, Tamamo, Scathach, Atalanta, Medea Lily, Stheno, Elizabeth, Jack, Mordred, Nobunaga, Okita, Lancelot, Medb, Shuten Douji

My Lazy Pixiv Page
FlameSparkZ is offline  
Old 2007-10-02, 18:53   Link #12062
Chaos2Frozen
Retroactive Momentum
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Digital World
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Jail said her mother required the Relic number 11, but that one was already used.
*hint**hint*
All the drama about the relic is for nothing. And there's too many holes as well For one thing, if he's only going to use one in the end, why bother collecting so many? And if that only one is the one to activate the Saint King, what's so special about it? WHat does it have? Why is it different?

At this point, just think of them as batteries for the Relic weapons, nothing more.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Meanwhile, here
Spoiler for Jump:





Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
EDIT:
Heh, just heard the SS03

Spoiler for SS03:


Looking forward to Sound Stage 04
Okay, afew things...


1) "Hehhh~ SISCON "

2) Cinque SO wants bigger assets And I bet that's what the new body is Until Fate rained down on the party

3) WHAT CHORES ?! And lol at the 37th

4) Teana and Subaru spent one track on flirting (It might as well be ) ?!

5) That's it? That's all Acous and Schach went to hear ?

6) Nanoha and Fate, Fate and Caro sure talk about useless things Limit break being dangerous UNPOSSIBLE!!

7) But most importantly, what sort of YUUNOHA ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2007-10-02, 19:00   Link #12063
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
3) WHAT CHORES ?! And lol at the 37th
Like cooking, since Lutecia and Zest practices unhealthy diets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
7) But most importantly, what sort of YUUNOHA ?
Hmm...

35% Thanks, Yuuno-kun, I feel better now Yuunoha.
35% Fate is worried about you NanohaFate.
30% Yuuno understands how Fate feels seemingly better than Nanoha YuunoFate.

And the SS also proves that IF you want to learn anything to move the plot, go to Yuuno. Although Acous's dogs covered a lot of ground, in the end, it was Yuuno who pretty much covered a huge front by speculating it could be the Cradle first, effectively reducing the search area for Jail. And that he also knows the prophecy.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline  
Old 2007-10-02, 19:12   Link #12064
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Okay, afew things...


1) "Hehhh~ SISCON "

2) Cinque SO wants bigger assets And I bet that's what the new body is Until Fate rained down on the party
Quoted for TRUTH.

Yes, Cinque's reaction to Quattro's statement, though not over the top, was indeed interesting...

And SISCON indeed.

Speaking of which, that track has also reminded me of the ExCinque pieces I need to continue...I just need my imagination to get working...



*Runs from Rumble Detonator/Wailing Claws*



As with the Relics...eh, I've mostly regarded them as things that served to augment something else's power, so your statement goes along with mine, in a way.
Dream_Traveller is offline  
Old 2007-10-02, 19:29   Link #12065
Erio
Hiromi
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Girl who Lost her Tears
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Meanwhile, here
Spoiler for Jump:

Whoa, this one is very different from the past ones... The characters are not only drawn bigger, but their drawing is a lot sharper. Awesome job.

Ah~ I want Maren to do that to me too~

*ahem*

Quote:
EDIT:
Heh, just heard the SS03

Spoiler for SS03:


Looking forward to Sound Stage 04
Very nice information, thanks. I do wonder what Caro is saying about the dangers of magic overload...it may be of interest for the OC thread.

But when does this SS take place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Ah, okay.

It has been stated, in canon, that Relics are created by an ancient civilisation and that they are basically crystalised magical energy. This indicates a use as a power-enhancer.

Then there was the scene with the entire box of Relics in a room full of drones. Sugestion of a power-core much?

The reactor of the Cradle looked like one huge-ass Relic too.

In episode 23 it is also said that fusion with the Relics was a common thing to do in the Belkan Royalty, or rather, that it was a requirement for the Saint Armor to work.

Something like this?
This is all good for me, and actually already part of my own theory. You could say this is the base of my theory, too.

Quote:
Me being in full defense means I'm activelly paying attention to the matter at hand instead of comming with half-assed baseless replies. Sorry if that confused you.

Well, not making them possible is a harsh way of putting it, rather I'm doing the same thing you're doing, I'm try to convince the other of my point of view.
Well, I personally am not trying to convince anyone to view Relics how I do. My characters are no longer linked to Relics now. (and probably never were...I did try to make them similar to Lutecia and Zest at the beginning, and so I waited week after week for canon information about Relics, yet such information never came in the end...so whatever) The only reason I stepped in to discuss this is because I wanted to try and make sense of all the Seiou and Relic stuff you guys are coming up with.

To tell you the truth, I'm very disappointed and I dont want to work with canon anymore. Sure, trying to make sense of things can be fun at times, but we actually cant do that with this, since we dont know almost anything about Relics! And the funny thing is, I believe that not even the producers know what they are.
Erio is offline  
Old 2007-10-02, 19:34   Link #12066
Chaos2Frozen
Retroactive Momentum
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Digital World
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Quoted for TRUTH.
Deshou ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Yes, Cinque's reaction to Quattro's statement, though not over the top, was indeed interesting...
Hehhh~ Now that's VERY interesting to know... I never thought she minded things like that...




Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Like cooking, since Lutecia and Zest practices unhealthy diets.
AHAHA!! Agito... Cooking... Get it ?

*coughAgitomamacough*


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Hmm...

35% Thanks, Yuuno-kun, I feel better now Yuunoha.
35% Fate is worried about you NanohaFate.
30% Yuuno understands how Fate feels seemingly better than Nanoha YuunoFate.
50% Ahhh~ As expected of Yuuno-sensei...
20% Che, figures...
30% Are you should you're not just seeing/hearing things ?


You know... Before StrikerS, Yunno/Fate had never been seriously considered by anyone before

And I would like to think that it doesn't really need the life of someone important to them both for something to happen... Though it is the best way.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
And the SS also proves that IF you want to learn anything to move the plot, go to Yuuno. Although Acous's dogs covered a lot of ground, in the end, it was Yuuno who pretty much covered a huge front by speculating it could be the Cradle first, effectively reducing the search area for Jail. And that he also knows the prophecy.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2007-10-02, 19:46   Link #12067
CaroRuLushe
Souka...
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
EDIT:
Heh, just heard the SS03

Spoiler for SS03:


Looking forward to Sound Stage 04
Thanks! Now I'm really think theres going to be S4. Something big is probaly going to happen. Thats why they covered about caro and fate ,etc. thats its dangerous of magic overload. Someone might just go over that limit. Maybe ReinforceI will come back?
CaroRuLushe is offline  
Old 2007-10-02, 19:58   Link #12068
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
BACKLOG BREAKER, ACTIVATE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Dark Reiji:

JUST AS PLANNED!!!

Ah! My Goddess!
I've returned to the Light! No river-jumping!

Ah, souka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Winrar is used in cases of excessive win, Phoenix.


Why do all the obvious words here carry some hidden meanings?!

RAWR! *pulls hair*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
So I guess it's now safe to assume that your a girl?
*remains cloaked in mystery*

...
...

*opens cloak and reveals all*

No, I'm a guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Thanks.
He makes devices/gadgets/tools/utilities to be used in the MILITARY.

And about a new weapon testing session...

Spoiler for weapon testing:
Aha, that was fun once in a while, but Aurion isn't supposed to be making weapons now!

He's supposed to, uh ... make some women's underclothes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
DIARY OF A WINDTALKER
SUMMER ARC SPECIAL, FINALE


Spoiler for length:
Ah, this is refreshing! It carries a certain amount of sad atmosphere in the first half and then fun for the second half. Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
SANTA GEMINIS CHRISTMAS PLEASE FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!!!
YES! QUOTED FOR TRUTH!

*writes a gift request to Santa Geminis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Spoiler for Sipher of the Blood Dawn:
Oh dear, last male for the Unison-type! He's endangered! *puts a conservation sign*

But, all his abilities make him more than able to survive on his own. Very powerful, too. Would love to see him in action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I used the wrong word. History? Timeline? You can make it AU if you like.



Then it's a good thing I don't have a Unison Device.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
Spoiler for New Character:


Anything else i need to add and yes, the weapon is Exeter from FF8
Oh yeah is the new way of typing clearer? As in putting a title and stuff cause i personally like it myself
Simple and nice! But, doesn't he need any support spell? Seems a lot like a Center Guard shooter type.

If you want to type clearer, you might want to fool around learning the simpler BBcode tags available first , since copying and pasting doesn't include the tags for you. They're quite easy, actually. Then, you may want to do it in Notepad directly (together with the tags) and then copying the whole thing here.

At least, that's what I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Only very small changes I see...

Since you've already told the other's that "Node" is 'kinsoku jikou desu' I won't bother answering

just a question though.. Shouldn't her affiliation be with the Intel dept, and not with the Claudia?
Actually, affiliation is confusing for me. Since Intel Dept is under TSAB, so, doesn't that make the affiliation to be "TSAB", which should be the Headquarters in the Dimensional Space? Maybe I should be more specific and write down that she works for the Navy's Intel Dept?

And, what's kinsoku jikou desu? My Japanese is only elementary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Nice set up here I'm intrigued about what the cards say! Nice work
Thanks. The warning will be revealed not so soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
In Tk's word, restrictions to justify h4xx that isn't restrictions at all.

~~~

UPDATE TIME! Zest vs Isdera Part I.



Spoiler for Side Isdera AFTER Part I-2 : Two Old Knights:


Part III will be the end of the befriending fight, and Part IV will be... it's resolution so to speak.
Another cliffhanger-ed part! Nicely written!
PhoenixFlare is offline  
Old 2007-10-02, 20:00   Link #12069
Aaron008R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philippines
I'll break most of the backlog later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
[V]My turn.[/V]

Where exactly does it say that Graham made Durandal? There's no indication anywhere in the A's series...all that's confirmed there was that he had it, and was going to use it against the YnS... show me the evidence.
Lotte: Father. Durandal is almost ready.

It was in one episode. Indication/Implication. Whatever you want to call it.
Though A's doesn't provide more concrete evidence. Evidence that prove otherwise is more lacking in my view.

Quote:
And Apalis may not be the superior Device, but he's an Intelligent Device, and Durandal's a Storage - and in his mind, Intelligent>Storage ALWAYS.
I was talking about power levels and the amount of tech and specialization added. But Apalis seems to get annoyed instead of benifitting from that AI.

Quote:
It's not a huge thing...just don't mention Durandal around him - the thing he's pissed about is that everyone talks about Durandal, while no one talks about him...
I see.
Well actually, people would talk more about Arcas being the overprotective 'big brother' instad of Apalis. Lack of attention much? Maybe Arcas should introduce Apalis more often so he can give more of his quotes. That'll help in the popularity problem. And since like with Hayate, they like to shaft Chrono so much, it might just work.

Quote:
Frankly, I'm not sure how to respond to this: sarcasm, or actual, honest truth.
Whatever you like. It's your point of view, not mine.
Trickery (Not off-color jokes. That's too extreme.) is quite fun. Though just here in the world of imagination, mind you. I strive to be very poilite and tactful in real life.

Quote:
Mou, relax! It's a joke! I read the snippet and instantly heard Konata's "Otou-san" in my head...
Okay...


@FlameSparkZ: Another WIN piece of work! Maren looked so cute there! And SS3 seems to be quite interesting.

@Nighty: So how did the Ion Canon work? Can you become Captain Nightnet now?

@D_T: THAT'S OVAN!!! HAXX!!!

PF: Heh. That clears up a lot of things. And just what is with you and women's underwear?

@haiz & Chaos: Congratulations on the roof-breaker!

Will be watching the rest of GL now. Gotta run!
__________________

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline  
Old 2007-10-02, 20:51   Link #12070
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Gensokyo
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500 Send a message via Skype™ to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lets put it this way...




Now do you get it ?
Ah, sou ne......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
? Isn't that... OHHHHH !!!!


P.S - Don't eat anything... Wouldn't want you to choke.
Good thing I didn't eat anything, but the amount of comedy certainly knocked me hard.

Just finished Seto 16, 17, 18. ZOMG AKENO IS MADE OF PURE HOTNESS AND WIN And FISH PORN FTW

Episode 19: What the hell? Drunken Akeno going moe and giri-giri? EX FREAKING DEE

And Shinsengumi Akeno


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Think dirty... REAL dirty.
As if.

================

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Havent watched 27 yet?
No, I didn't.

========================

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
EEK! Hayate nooo! Don't succumb to evil!

Hmm...why not do it chronologically? Halloween should be after summer in Japan right? You could start with that.
Good thing you pointed that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Errr...don't quite understand Annabelle's reactions. *runs off to re-read Annabelle's profile*

Is there any full body picture of Anna? Instead of just the close up of her cute face.
I wish I could, but then I won't show it. :P Until time is right.

==================

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Since some here appear to be interested in Goshuushousama Ninomiya-kun, here's a special IMAGE TIME for you guys.

Spoiler for Moe and Hawtness Overload:





I died by the second pic...

*me is KO'ed* (Where is that Hayate gif when I need it? )

BTW Lowe, if the blue-haired looks like Mai, and the other one like Gwen...


Moe succubus FTW

*runs*

=-===============

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
... Those Zengar/Irui doujins have really gotten to you don't they? Although Irui is a very old Loli

And is pic that a job for Superman?
How old is Irui in the first place?

Sure, go ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
If only Genome could be made to exist in the Nanohaverse, and work together with Graham, Austin, Armstrong... oh shi-

*a universe implodes from overload of awesomeness*

Although I still have Matsuri using his head as a lethal weapon
O SHI--

USB500 dies.

==============

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
*shakes fist at Yutaro(Hikki)*

Oy stop stealing all the females!!!!

WTF is with the time stop!!!! Oy!!!!!!!!


Well that was intersting to say the least

Although I got a little lost there... what happened exactly?
LOL @ your reaction

Anyway, that was done due to desperation... I mean, for the sake of his most cherished person.

Oh, don't mind that part. It's just some talks and stuffs.

Anyway, thanks.

======================

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Ah, this is refreshing! It carries a certain amount of sad atmosphere in the first half and then fun for the second half. Nice!

YES! QUOTED FOR TRUTH!

*writes a gift request to Santa Geminis*
1: thanks again.

2: looks like Santa Geminis are going to be very busy this season.

==============

Time for reposts, I guess.

Spoiler for length:


Why am I doing this? It's because for Diary of Wind Talker's Halloween Special, our main star is going to be the Gentleman himself!

Last edited by USB500; 2007-10-02 at 21:13.
USB500 is offline  
Old 2007-10-02, 21:01   Link #12071
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The "Other" TARDIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Carim: -=[Overdrive! Magnus Exorcismus!!]=-
Since when has Carim been to Rune-Midgard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Ya hear that? We got permission!

Phanan:
Dibs on the expensive stuff!
Wes: I got everythings thats not nailed down!
Tycho: I got everything that is nailed down!
<sighs> And thus, the true kleptos emerge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Spoiler for Jump:

Maren... smiling?

Going to tackle... Koji?

Jumping into his arms... like a cliche romance character?


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!


BRAIN FAILS TO COMPUTE!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You know... Before StrikerS, Yunno/Fate had never been seriously considered by anyone before

And I would like to think that it doesn't really need the life of someone important to them both for something to happen... Though it is the best way.
That's because... do I REALLY need to spell it out for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Lotte: Father. Durandal is almost ready.

It was in one episode. Indication/Implication. Whatever you want to call it.
Though A's doesn't provide more concrete evidence. Evidence that prove otherwise is more lacking in my view.
Sorry - but implication/indication doesn't cut it in my book - to me, unless it is EXPLICITLY stated that Graham made Durandal, then there is reasonable doubt.

It's like sexual innuendo. You can spam it all you like, but I ain't believing it till I see the blood on the bed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I was talking about power levels and the amount of tech and specialization added. But Apalis seems to get annoyed instead of benifitting from that AI.
Hm.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I see.
Well actually, people would talk more about Arcas being the overprotective 'big brother' instad of Apalis. Lack of attention much? Maybe Arcas should introduce Apalis more often so he can give more of his quotes. That'll help in the popularity problem. And since like with Hayate, they like to shaft Chrono so much, it might just work.
Apalis wouldn't mind people talking about Arcas, he's a person. To Apalis, comparing popularity of a mage to that of a Device is an apples/oranges problem: two different categories.

And Arcas will usually introduce Apalis, if for no other reason than almost EVERYONE in TSAB knows of Ascalon.

NEW MATERIAL!!!!!!!!


Re: My fall Anime-lineup

Spoiler for Guaranteed Watch:



Spoiler for Favored Watch; >80%:



Spoiler for Possible Watch; >60%:


NOTE: ANY anime series that does NOT appear here has an approximately 0% chance of being viewed by me, unless it gains levels of AWESOME near the level of Kamina, Simon, and GL.

Spoiler for re:Small # of series:


Spoiler for Re:SnS II:
Reiji Tabibito is offline  
Old 2007-10-02, 21:12   Link #12072
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Ah, sou ne......


Good thing I didn't eat anything, but the amount of comedy certainly knocked me hard.

Just finished Seto 16, 17, 18. ZOMG AKENO IS MADE OF PURE HOTNESS AND WIN And FISH PORN FTW


As if.

================


No, I didn't.

========================


Good thing you pointed that out.


I wish I could, but then I won't show it. :P Until time is right.

==================




Moe succubus FTW

*runs*

=-===============


How old is Irui in the first place?

Sure, go ahead.



O SHI--

USB500 dies.

==============


LOL @ your reaction

Anyway, that was done due to desperation... I mean, for the sake of his most cherished person.

Oh, don't mind that part. It's just some talks and stuffs.

Anyway, thanks.

======================


1: thanks again.

2: looks like Santa Geminis are going to be very busy this season.

==============

Time for reposts, I guess.

Spoiler for length:


Why am I doing this? It's because for Diary of Wind Talker's Halloween Special, our main star is going to be the Gentleman himself!
Aha, aha, I see what you did there.

Nice edits- Armstrong then reclaims his old title of the Sword that Cleaves Evil then, ne?



Also, about that idea I mentioned earlier, if Kamina were ever to meet the Numbers...

Spoiler for Eheh...:


This is random indeed...



*Runs.*
Dream_Traveller is offline  
Old 2007-10-02, 21:13   Link #12073
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Ya hear that? We got permission!

Phanan:
Dibs on the expensive stuff!
Wes: I got everythings thats not nailed down!
Tycho: I got everything that is nailed down!
Mitchell: Did they take it?
Felix: Yeah, they took it, all of it.
Mitchell: Right! Now call the insurance company and hurry before our creditors can report we haven’t made any payments on the stuff in months!
Alan: There is no way this is legal…
Mitchell: What are you talking about as victims of theft we’re clearly entitled to restitution!

I’d tend to agree with the “Relic = power boost/possible physical changes in certain very rare individuals” route. It’s the simplest theory that explains what we see with the least needless complications and fits in with what we’ve seen other ancient devices probably from the same civilization do if it comes up it's what I'd use sort like some kind of magical ZPM.
Tk3997 is offline  
Old 2007-10-02, 21:22   Link #12074
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Gensokyo
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500 Send a message via Skype™ to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Aha, aha, I see what you did there.

Nice edits- Armstrong then reclaims his old title of the Sword that Cleaves Evil then, ne?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Also, about that idea I mentioned earlier, if Kamina were ever to meet the Numbers...

Spoiler for Eheh...:


This is random indeed...



*Runs.*
Damn that's so random.

Did he take too much booze?

*runs*
USB500 is offline  
Old 2007-10-02, 22:01   Link #12075
Chaos2Frozen
Retroactive Momentum
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Digital World
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post

Oh dear, last male for the Unison-type! He's endangered! *puts a conservation sign*

But, all his abilities make him more than able to survive on his own. Very powerful, too. Would love to see him in action.

Eheheh...

As it turns out, he's not Saga, Nightengale's Saga is also a male Unison device... And he's also suspiciously the direct opposite of Sipher...


Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Ah, sou ne......
sou dayo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Good thing I didn't eat anything, but the amount of comedy certainly knocked me hard.

Just finished Seto 16, 17, 18. ZOMG AKENO IS MADE OF PURE HOTNESS AND WIN And FISH PORN FTW

Episode 19: What the hell? Drunken Akeno going moe and giri-giri? EX FREAKING DEE

And Shinsengumi Akeno

Fish porn is nothing beside NAGAZILLA !!! Warning, just when you thought it couldn't get anymore 'WIN', episode 20+ is BEYOND 'WIN'

Quote for truth on Akeno






Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Think dirty... REAL dirty.
As if.

YOUR LORD KAOS COMMANDS YOU TO THINK DIRTY!!!!

Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2007-10-02, 22:21   Link #12076
LoweGear
Great Commandy One
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco


Warera ga shimei! Warera ga iji! Warera ga chikara!
[Our Duty! Our Will! Our Strength!]

Imakoso! Yaiba to nashite yatsu wo kiru!!
[Now is the time to forge them into a blade and cut them down!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
UPDATE TIME! Zest vs Isdera Part I.



Spoiler for Side Isdera AFTER Part I-2 : Two Old Knights:


Part III will be the end of the befriending fight, and Part IV will be... it's resolution so to speak.


This AWESOME duel is almost like a well-choreographed Rurouni Kenshin battle, complete with bullet time

Though why did I suddenly imagine either one of the knights going "nai nai nai nai nai nai nai nai!" in their speed slashing rampage? The relationship between Agito and Zest though continues to impress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
LOL.

I showed my friend (( a better writer than me )) my Saga der Saga yesterday, and you know what was his first comment was through MSN few hours ago?

"Are you sure you didn't rip this off Gurren-Lagann?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, I can relate to his thoughts.

Spoiler for G-L/Saga der Saga:


Though I agree that G-L isn't about the robots, nor is my piece about the final boss. I'd like to think my story's appeal is more on the Romeo-and-Juliet-ish romance-in-a-war along with it's emotional conflicts and battles that surround it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
*shakes head* I swear, they must be reading this forum...

Anyway, huge mechas wasn't what made Gurren-Lagann epic either. Would you have enjoyed it even half as much without Kamina? Or Simon? Without the unhealthy amounts of GAR and hotblooded courage?

Mecha battles were simply the icing on the cake.

Same logic aplies to Saga, in my humble opinion.
So Gainax also has spies in here from the time SAGA of Saga was completed?

I agree with Keroko though. You can actually recreate Gurren Lagann's EPICNESS without the mecha, since it's the characters who made them so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Who knows...
Spoiler for omg...:

The rest is too dangerous to be shown...yet


My thoughts exactly


Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
EDIT: I should have asked this a long time ago, but...
What is GAR?
*runs*
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
As I understand it, someone tried to say they'd turn gay for someone and mistyped "gar." And thus the meme started.

Just think of it as the hyperbolic epitome of badass.
*points to Limited Eternal's post for short version*

GAR is basically a 4chan meme describing a person who is the epitome of manliness, often displaying the values of macho hotblood, courage, and overall awesomeness.

Originally though, the term was created when someone tried to type "I'm gay for Archer". Unfortunately, he mistyped, and it became "I'm gar for Archer", and from their the meme mushroomed. Thus the original connotation was that the character was so manly that you could become gay for him Of course, that verb aspect of the meme has long since been replaced by a more objective adjective, which simply describes all super-manly characters as "GAR".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Yeah my approach to what I watch is pretty haphazard, I tend not to really follow anything besides follow ups to shows I've watched before from the start and instead just wait to see what generates buzz before I try it, helps save me shifting through the real crap. That said Gundam is normally a fairly real robot show, so I'll probably check that out since I like that genre.
Good safe approach there. Although the hazard is that you'll more than likely miss the under-exposed yet just as awesome gems that are overshadowed by the more hyped-up series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997
I don't know what TC-type means... but thanks I think.
I think he means "Tom Clancy" type Yes, you're being compared to the master military writer himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997
I think people sometimes overestimate just how much combat really effects people, it has an effect to be sure, but If anything battle will tend to make people more cynical and sarcastic.

Like in this video.
Spoiler for Soldiers (Foul langauge):

My favorite lines are.
In regards to colored smoke grenades:
“They should throw that stuff at some little kids… with their gas mask on.”

And right after getting hit by a roadside bomb:
“Oh yeah… that was super.”
“I guess we’re done for today.”
XD

After a few years in the frontlines, people really do get blaise to such things... even having an improvised explosive device detonated on them They've been in so many close calls so much that they don't mind anymore. (like reading about Lebanese soldiers who don't even blink even when artillery shells land almost beside them)

Another notable line:

"It's like a gay pride parade out there."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997
See me I’ve liked Mecha for a long time, but only in the real robot genre for the most part most super robots never did much for me. Macross, FMP, Patlabor, and Battletech (SOME of the Gundam stuff though it can get nearly as bad as SR at times) that kind of stuff is my bread and butter.

That style kind of carries over into my writing as well world altering duels and big huge bosses and stuff isn’t really my style. A big final battle? Sure, but all the heroes against some 15 story monster with the fate of the world in the balance...? Eh no so much. My style is more subdued and down to earth then fantastical. Like real robot shows do with mecha I tend to treat magic as just another tool, another source of power just like fission or electricity not very romantic, but that’s just how I am. I also shy away from the really whacky stuff like the power of love, song, and crap like that and try to approach magical combat from a tactical or military perspective (again like RR shows) where in one on one duels and the power of love don’t win wars or end conflicts.

That has its advantages and weakness on the one hand it tends to keep my writing from being actively stupid, crackish, or generally off the deep end, but it also can sometimes make it a little bland IMO. I trust myself to do humor, parody, and action pretty well, but any kind of really emotional stuff like serious romance? Na I do it when I need to but I don't feel I do it well and it tends to come out as stiff and overly thought out, like it was written by a psychologist IMO.
Reminds me of the Super Mahou and Real Mahou discussions we had in this thread back then, similar to the difference between Super Robots and Reals You'd be very much in the Real Mahou lane, with the most of us here going the Super Mahou lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Meanwhile, here
Spoiler for Jump:



Koji's gonna get glomped Lucky him though, having such a cute Maren going for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ
EDIT:
Heh, just heard the SS03

Spoiler for SS03:


Looking forward to Sound Stage 04
Shame I have to rely on translations to appreciate the Sound Stages... but those parts with the Numbers look like lots of WINRAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
How old is Irui in the first place?

Sure, go ahead.
Not sure exactly... but I guess she's at least older than many of the other OG characters, considering her nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500
Time for reposts, I guess.

Spoiler for length:


Why am I doing this? It's because for Diary of Wind Talker's Halloween Special, our main star is going to be the Gentleman himself!
Nice repost, along with some added information... but wait a minute...

Did you just read my mind on Maxim there?!?!?!?!?!?! Your description of his unison with his device is spot-on to what I'm actually thinking

And... that Legendary Knight wielding the Zankantou on which Forneus was derived wouldn't happen to look like this would it?

Spoiler for Final Drive:




Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Also, about that idea I mentioned earlier, if Kamina were ever to meet the Numbers...

Spoiler for Eheh...:


This is random indeed...



*Runs.*
LORD KAMINA IS ALIVE!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Quote for truth on Akeno




YOUR LORD KAOS COMMANDS YOU TO THINK DIRTY!!!!

Spoiler for Winning Image:
...If ever I needed more convincing to watch Seto no Hanayome
__________________

On Tsundere: "XCOM is like a tsundere: bitingly harsh and difficult to deal with at the beginning, challenging yet satisfying in the middle, then glorious domination at the end."
LoweGear is offline  
Old 2007-10-02, 22:45   Link #12077
Chaos2Frozen
Retroactive Momentum
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Digital World
Age: 27
Currently listening: "John Mayer - Gravity"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Koji's gonna get glomped Lucky him though, having such a cute Maren going for him
Well, he worked for it

Kudos to the kid

(Now whether a not he could survive...)


Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Shame I have to rely on translations to appreciate the Sound Stages... but those parts with the Numbers look like lots of WINRAR
I was hoping for some winning scene/quote

Didn't really like the second SS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
...If ever I needed more convincing to watch Seto no Hanayome
Now to convince you to watch Shana...
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2007-10-02, 22:56   Link #12078
Aaron008R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, let's not forget this is only one day after his Vita-fight and only around 5 or so hours after his COUGH COUGH COUGH in 18. He's fighting with his condition at 60%~80% of his full abilities.

So, we'll see how Zest will turn the tide with Full Drive. This is also my own version of explanation why Zest didn't use F.D against Signum at all and why he no longer can use flames after one week, since he's already chipped away his last F.D usage against Isdera and was doubly weakened.

That makes the final match between Signum and Zest all the more believable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
LOL.

I showed my friend (( a better writer than me )) my Saga der Saga yesterday, and you know what was his first comment was through MSN few hours ago?

"Are you sure you didn't rip this off Gurren-Lagann?"

When I read this, I wen't "Wha-?" at first...
But when you think about the characters... I guess it fits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, I can relate to his thoughts.

Spoiler for G-L/Saga der Saga:


Though I agree that G-L isn't about the robots, nor is my piece about the final boss. I'd like to think my story's appeal is more on the Romeo-and-Juliet-ish romance-in-a-war along with it's emotional conflicts and battles that surround it.

I see now.
But you were first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Maren... smiling?

Going to tackle... Koji?

Jumping into his arms... like a cliche romance character?


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!


BRAIN FAILS TO COMPUTE!!!
You sound like you don't like it.
Don't you use a relatively similar style for your romance bits?
As in... Like those romance movies they show...

Quote:
Sorry - but implication/indication doesn't cut it in my book - to me, unless it is EXPLICITLY stated that Graham made Durandal, then there is reasonable doubt.

It's like sexual innuendo. You can spam it all you like, but I ain't believing it till I see the blood on the bed.
Ah. Now I see!
Very well.
I guess this is the difference in our levels of dealing with implications. yours is the good old "If I don't see it, I won't believe it." argument. Mine is more lenient.
Though one could say that your version is way more doubtful in the first place (High-level implication vs Zero implication), I'll refrain from pursuing the matter any longer. Let's just hope they come around to explaining it if ever. Besides, it looks like they might very well continue with the Nanohaverse. (Thisguy's news in the Generic Discussion thread about the producer feeling they shouldn't be done yet.)

Quote:
Apalis wouldn't mind people talking about Arcas, he's a person. To Apalis, comparing popularity of a mage to that of a Device is an apples/oranges problem: two different categories.
Naruhodou.

Quote:
And Arcas will usually introduce Apalis, if for no other reason than almost EVERYONE in TSAB knows of Ascalon.
That will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Also, about that idea I mentioned earlier, if Kamina were ever to meet the Numbers...

Spoiler for Eheh...:


This is random indeed...



*Runs.*
Kamina? What the...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
YOUR LORD KAOS COMMANDS YOU TO THINK DIRTY!!!!

Spoiler for large pic:
Careful now. You might make a flood here again.
<remembers the Kha and USB's violation of Nanoha and Fate ~> "Yamete!"X 10,000,000 event>

Anyhow...

Spoiler for GL comments:


Never before has an anime left me sooooooooo satisfied as a whole!
Kudos to those producers!
And no, I don't mind that major timeskip. GL is definitely one of the best animes I've EVER watched!

Anyway, I might just watch Towards the Terra for now. Any other 2007 anime recomendations from you guys? With descriptions please.
__________________

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-10-03 at 04:57.
Aaron008R is offline  
Old 2007-10-02, 22:59   Link #12079
LoweGear
Great Commandy One
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Now to convince you to watch Shana...
But I'm already convinced. I just need to get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Anyhow...

Spoiler for GL comments:


Never before has an anime left me sooooooooo satisfied as a whole!
Kudos to those producers!
And no, I don't mind that major timeskip. GL is definitely one of the best animes I've EVER watched!


Now go out and grab the OST NAO

RAW RAW FIGHT THE POWER!!!!!!
__________________

On Tsundere: "XCOM is like a tsundere: bitingly harsh and difficult to deal with at the beginning, challenging yet satisfying in the middle, then glorious domination at the end."
LoweGear is offline  
Old 2007-10-02, 23:12   Link #12080
Erio
Hiromi
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Girl who Lost her Tears
OMG Jomy why didnt you help Shiroe?!?!




Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
In Tk's word, restrictions to justify h4xx that isn't restrictions at all.

~~~

UPDATE TIME! Zest vs Isdera Part I.



Spoiler for Side Isdera AFTER Part I-2 : Two Old Knights:


Part III will be the end of the befriending fight, and Part IV will be... it's resolution so to speak.
Awesome battle indeed...though at around the middle I thought it was dragging out a bit too much...not your writing, but Zest himself. Knowing he had been coughing blood and was all but in good shape just before this fight, to be able to move so much, and to exchange countless strikes with Isdera, was . It certainly adds to Zest's AWESOMENESS.

And the ending was the best, Zest preparing his Final Drive.

I do wonder how you're able to write like this... I have to rely on describing movements and stuff, yet you can write such poetry and the battles feel so much more epic...

Looking forward for more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
*points to Limited Eternal's post for short version*

GAR is basically a 4chan meme describing a person who is the epitome of manliness, often displaying the values of macho hotblood, courage, and overall awesomeness.

Originally though, the term was created when someone tried to type "I'm gay for Archer". Unfortunately, he mistyped, and it became "I'm gar for Archer", and from their the meme mushroomed. Thus the original connotation was that the character was so manly that you could become gay for him Of course, that verb aspect of the meme has long since been replaced by a more objective adjective, which simply describes all super-manly characters as "GAR".
...

LOL, so that's what's going on, eh. But it all started with Archer? Hard to believe... this is rather recent stuff, then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Anyway, I might just watch Towards the Terra for now. Any other 2007 anime recomendations from you guys? With descriptions please.
I know this wont compute for some, but I've just watched up to 9 of Towards the Terra (5 episode marathon tonight...couldnt stop) and this thing FEELS MORE EPIC than GL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post


Now go out and grab the OST NAO

RAW RAW FIGHT THE POWER!!!!!!
HOLY SH**!!! ITS OUT?!?! FINALLY!!!
Erio is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.